Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (62847 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
omojeesu:

WHO COMPILED THE BOOKS.
the Catholic church

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

If your doctrine isn't Bible base then you're not Christians. Most religious faith have a guide to their doctrines. E.g Islam has theirs from the Koran, Christian Bible. There must be a basis to draw your doctrine
who told you doctrine must be drawn from the Bible? that is a doctrine of men.

for 300 years there was no new testament yet the church existed and taught the gospel... it was years later that the church later compiled the Bible.

Christianity is not Islam, it is not a religion of a book but a religion of a person Jesus Christ, when Jesus was leaving he gave us his spirit and his Church not a book.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
femi4:
Baptism of the holy ghost brings holy spirit with evidence of speaking in tongue.

The holy spirit wasn't in action until Jesus left. John the Baptist, the chief baptizer had no encounter with the holy spirit.

Guy, you have a looooooong way to go
Jesus was the chief baptiser he said

Then Jesus came to them and
said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has
been given to me. Therefore go and make
disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the
name of the Father and of the Son and of the
Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey
everything I have commanded you.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
femi4:
That was holy ghost baptism with fire. He started his ministry with Power and covered more ground. He couldn't have achieved that via water baptism
sorry the Bible doesn't say this... you assumed it and read it unto the passage.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by omojeesu(m): 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
the Catholic church

Which ones?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by zaragoza(m): 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
Beey:
Like I said, good works will be rewarded definitely.When the Bible says "well done good & faithful servant" it's obviously someone who has done their work diligently & that's why the Bible talks of a crown of life.Like I said good deeds are good but they cannot earn one salvation.There's a reward for them but they solely can't earn one salvation.

My problem with ur post is that u are insisting that faith alone wld save one. Faith without good work is dead, u wld be judged by the things u did and things u failed to do.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
femi4:
Don't drag me back, check my previous post and get enlightened.

The thief on the cross beside Jesus wasn't baptized

The adulterous woman was not baptized

The Samaritan woman....and many more
you forgot that the baptism command was given after the resurrection matt 28.

besides who told you those people were not baptised, you are making an argument from silence
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2017
Beey:
I didn't change anything.My stand was clear.In your teachings you believe that the good deeds you do here will save you.But the Bible is clear it's salvation through faith which involves confessing that Jesus is Lord.Shall good deeds be rewarded? Absolutely.But they solely can't earn you salvation.

if you didn't change anything, oya show me where the Bible says salvation is by faith ALONE.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2017
omojeesu:

Which ones?
explain your question
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2017
femi4:
didn't you see he went up from water

Check the meaning of the word baptizo, its not English BTW

When the apostles wrote the New Testament in Greek, they used the following words:

(I) cheo meaning "to pour"

(2) rantidzo meaningz "to sprinkle"

(3) baptizo meaning "to immerse" or "to dip.
it is used to refer to sprinkling of a ritual nature ablutions etc heb 9:10
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by gemale(m): 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
thorpido:
Refuse to be ignorant!
When Mary dwelth on the earth,she played the role of Jesus'(the man) mother and could physically relate with Him and intercede or advise as it were.Jesus has been called to glory and Mary also dead.In heaven,it's a different ball game.
Jesus taught about heavenly order when some Sadducees came asking Him about marriage in heaven.See below;

Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 19 “Teacher,, “Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. 20 Now there were seven brothers. The first one married and died without leaving any children. 21 The second one married the widow, but he also died, leaving no child. It was the same with the third. 22 In fact, none of the seven left any children. Last of all, the woman died too. 23 At the resurrection[c] whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?”

24 Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God? 25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 26 Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the burning bush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[d]? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!”
Mark 12 vs 18-27

Take note of the part in bold.People in heaven do not play roles of wives or husbands.Similarly,they do not play roles of mothers or sons.
Mary plays NO ROLE of mother to Jesus in Heaven.Like you said,'get understanding' according to the book of Proverbs.
Quit emotions,sentiments or outright ignorance and embrace Scriptures!Don't be like Muslims who think of wives and virgins in heaven.It's a different order in heaven.
I embrace the fact that there is no marriage in heaven; no husbands & wives because scripture doesn't lie however don't add your bit to make it look like it's included in scripture. There's a family in heaven, the family of God. The human family system is an imperfect caricature of that family model. You don't stop being a son of God just because you are in heaven. Heaven is our family home. We are fully United with God & all our brothers & sisters in Christ. Look at genesis 6:2. Who were these mentioned "sons of God" who took the daughters of men as wives? Were they not angels? So you see that even angels are sons of God. Read revelation 12. See verse 17, the remnants of the woman's seed keep God's commandments & have the testimony of Jesus Christ. That's the mark of a true son/daughter of Mary. Now let's go to verse 26-27 of the passage you quoted. God is introduced as the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob to Moses. Even at that time, these 3 were long dead yet look at the 1st 2 words of that sentence "i am" not "i was". So if these 3 were dead, why does Jesus say that God is the God of the living not the dead? Then surely if i reason as you do, then God isn't supposed to be the God of these 3 because they were long dead. It has to be that way unless God contradicts Himself, which is impossible. Therefore, the dead Jesus referred to must cannot mean those who have left this world. It likely means those who didn't serve God. Scripture shouldn't be read literally because our Lord spoke most times figuratively. The word of God is very deep & meditation is needed. Also revelation by the Holy Spirit is needed. The word without the Spirit is just letters & the letter killeth but the word is Spirit & it is the Spirit that quickens. Don't be a lettered Christian. Death isn't the end of life; it's the beginning of life eternal or death eternal, depending on whether one truly believed in Jesus Christ. Hence if Mary was that influential on earth, how much in heaven?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by omojeesu(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
explain your question

The books the Catholic Church compiled.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by analice107: 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
since Catholicism is a religion on its own,why then do you use the books she compiled and called new testament, why not compile your own new testament?
May be what you wanted to say was 'Why use the books she wrote (?)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha. Isn't it funny? The Catholic Church compiled the Bible so shd adhere to it more than anyone else, but it turns out, they trashed everything about it and stuck to the Roman pagan traditions.

Hello, pulllissssssss.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
gemale:

I embrace the fact that there is no marriage in heaven; no husbands & wives because scripture doesn't lie however don't add your bit to make it look like it's included in scripture. There's a family in heaven, the family of God. The human family system is an imperfect caricature of that family model. You don't stop being a son of God just because you are in heaven. Heaven is our family home. We are fully United with God & all our brothers & sisters in Christ. Look at genesis 6:2. Who were these mentioned "sons of God" who took the daughters of men as wives? Were they not angels? So you see that even angels are sons of God. Read revelation 12. See verse 17, the remnants of the woman's seed keep God's commandments & have the testimony of Jesus Christ. That's the mark of a true son/daughter of Mary. Now let's go to verse 26-27 of the passage you quoted. God is introduced as the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob to Moses. Even at that time, these 3 were long dead yet look at the 1st 2 words of that sentence "i am" not "i was". So if these 3 were dead, why does Jesus say that God is the God of the living not the dead? Then surely if i reason as you do, then God isn't supposed to be the God of these 3 because they were long dead. It has to be that way unless God contradicts Himself, which is impossible. Therefore, the dead Jesus referred to must cannot mean those who have left this world. It likely means those who didn't serve God. Scripture shouldn't be read literally because our Lord spoke most times figuratively. The word of God is very deep & meditation is needed. Also revelation by the Holy Spirit is needed. The word without the Spirit is just letters & the letter killeth but the word is Spirit & it is the Spirit that quickens. Don't be a lettered Christian. Death isn't the end of life; it's the beginning of life eternal or death eternal, depending on whether one truly believed in Jesus Christ. Hence if Mary was that influential on earth, how much in heaven?
Awww,your words are so true but you are like a student wearing a neat school uniform in [the wrong school.[/b]You didn't take the time to pay attention to what I was pointing out.
I NEVER said we are not sons of God in heaven or that we are not going to be alive to God.
My emphasis was on the fact that we are going to be like 'angels in heaven' just like Jesus said and that there will not be a father/son relationship or mother/son relationship or husband/wife relationship.
That means Mary plays no 'Mother' relationship with Jesus and DOES not influence Him like a mother would here on earth.There is NO 'mother of God' as Catholics say.
Mary and as many as serve the Lord and do His will will be influential in heaven.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Kenerd: 7:17pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:

you must either be a liar or partially deaf...how a Catholic will claim he never heard a commandment. what a lie?
WTF is wrong with people? must you resort to insults to prove a point? I never said anything about the commandments everyone knows about. I said I have never seen the 2nd set of ten commandments; Exodus 34, which I have posted twice on the thread. *facepalms*.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
analice107:

Guy, i'm not here to exchange words with you, You are not talking to someone who was born Pentecostal. I was deep into Catholicism, so i know what i'm talking about. I was in that same position you are right now defending the paganistic practices of Catholicism until Christ by Himself drew me out.

Keep projecting idol worship, you shall stand to defend it before the White Throne Judgement.

yeah yeah, you were an ignorant Catholic, we established that in the other thread where you gave your king Henry remix, how you left the historic Christian faith and joined 20th century heretics
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
analice107:

May be what you wanted to say was 'Why use the books she wrote (?)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha. Isn't it funny? The Catholic Church compiled the Bible so shd adhere to it more than anyone else, but it turns out, they trashed everything about it and stuck to the Roman pagan traditions.

Hello, pulllissssssss.

no why question was on point... why have you not compiled your own new testament since you claim the one you are using was compiled by another religion?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
omojeesu:

The books the Catholic Church compiled.
the new testament for starters
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
thorpido:
Awww,your words are so true but you are like a student wearing a neat school uniform in [the wrong school.[/b]You didn't take the time to pay attention to what I was pointing out.
I NEVER said we are not sons of God in heaven or that we are not going to be alive to God.
My emphasis was on the fact that we are going to be like 'angels in heaven' just like Jesus said and that there will not be a father/son relationship or mother/son relationship or husband/wife relationship.
That means Mary plays no 'Mother' relationship with Jesus and DOES not influence Him like a mother would here on earth.There is NO 'mother of God' as Catholics say.
Mary and as many as serve the Lord and do His will will be influential in heaven.
you must believe all glory in heaven his equal?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
Kenerd:
WTF is wrong with people? must you resort to insults to prove a point? I never said anything about the commandments everyone knows about. I said I have never seen the 2nd set of ten commandments; Exodus 34, which I have posted twice on the thread. *facepalms*.
and I said you either were deaf during the time or you are lying. it is a lie to say you were in the Catholic church and the commandments were read and you didn't hear the 2nd commandment.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Kenerd: 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
and I said you either were deaf during the time or you are lying. it is a lie to say you were in the Catholic church and the commandments were read and you didn't hear the 2nd commandment.
Guy, TF. I said 2nd set set set, in case you didn't see it. not 2nd commandment. gosh.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by omojeesu(m): 8:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
the new testament for starters

What year did the Catholic Church start?

When were the books written?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by analice107: 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:

no why question was on point... why have you not compiled your own new testament since you claim the one you are using was compiled by another religion?

You are still making the mistake. The question should be, why not write your own Bible since this one is written by Catholic Church?

Again, Catholic compiled the Bible, yet throw it away far from the religion. Isn't that funny?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by analice107: 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:

yeah yeah, you were an ignorant Catholic, we established that in the other thread where you gave your king Henry remix, how you left the historic Christian faith and joined 20th century heretics
Okay thanks, i was an ignorant Catholic but I have a Bible today and i'm reading it and you are still worshipping idols.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
who told you doctrine must be drawn from the Bible? that is a doctrine of men.

for 300 years there was no new testament yet the church existed and taught the gospel... it was years later that the church later compiled the Bible.

Christianity is not Islam, it is not a religion of a book but a religion of a person Jesus Christ, when Jesus was leaving he gave us his spirit and his Church not a book.
The Jesus you're talking about how did know about him?
Why are you following his teachings?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
analice107:

Okay thanks, i was an ignorant Catholic but I have a Bible today and i'm reading it and you are still worshipping idols.
oh the Bible the so-called idol worshippers placed in your hands.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:
The Jesus you're talking about how did know about him? Why are you following his teachings?
through the Church he established
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:21pm On Oct 24, 2017
Kenerd:
Guy, TF. I said 2nd set set set, in case you didn't see it. not 2nd commandment. gosh.
which one is 2nd set again?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
omojeesu:

What year did the Catholic Church start?
When were the books written?

then add this question,
when was the new testament compiled?.
1. 33 AD
2. last one was written about 100AD
3. compiled about 300AD
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
analice107:

You are still making the mistake. The question should be, why not write your own Bible since this one is written by Catholic Church?

Again, Catholic compiled the Bible, yet throw it away far from the religion. Isn't that funny?

I am not making a mistake.

if you are so sure Catholics are idol worshippers, why not set your own canon and get your own new testament?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
you must believe all glory in heaven his equal?
No,some will receive greater glory for their works.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
through the Church he established
And where did you get that from?

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Before And Now Pictures Of Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Was Shared Online. / Joshua Bamiloye Weds Tolulope Mary Odesola (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Dunamis Glory Dome Dedication In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.