Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (62837 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
ladman:

It does not still prove anything.
You mean you don't understand it. tongue
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2017
freshboi88:

Jesus doesnt have his earthly body, and Thomas was able to feel his flesh, his hands, his sides....my friend go and hide urself in shame..ur trying to defend d indefensible just shows how ignorant u r....
He was a man on the earth and appeared with the same body to His disciples most importantly that they might know He indeed rose again!
Think before you quote na!
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Standing5(m): 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Catholic right?

I am a Christian, and attend a Pentecostal Church. Churches, just like Christianity, is open to individual definition on how they see it and it has no one clear definition. so your question on why people consider the Catholic something else, will get you a lot of different answers, even if majority will be shrouded in ambiguity.

The Catholic Church did not start getting heat today from people. It started from the time the Church deviated from the Bible, and became a POLITICAL PARTY in the 14th and 15th Century.

The Catholic Church became too powerful.

There was a time in Europe, the Catholic Church had their hands in the choosing of Monarchs, and was heavily into financial racketeering. And it is on record that most Pope from that Era were Closet/Open Gays, who liked little boys, and that problem still persists with the amount the Catholic Church around the World keep paying money yearly to little boys molested by Catholic Priests.

And that is why Martin Luther lead the revolt, that nearly saw the collapse of the Catholic. God bless him.

As an individual, my problem with the Catholic has to do with the way they worship, as it is almost idolatry. Why can't i as a Christian pray to God directly?why do i need one statue, picture or something to intercede for me?why do i need to be calling the name of this Saint or that Saint to intercede on my behalf?

Why do i need to confess my sins in a Booth to another man(Reverend Father) when i can talk to God directly?is the Reverend Father now a gate keeper to God or Heaven?

But all these pale in comparison to one SIN i will never forgive the Catholic for. And that SIN is to make ABLE MEN with WORKING PRIVATE PARTS not be able to MAKE LOVE, or have babies just because they want to be Catholic Priests. Who made that DAMN LAW? God put a D--K on a man's body for a reason, but the Catholic, who in some way are claiming GOD are forcing MEN not to use it, because they want to serve God.

God, when he created MAN in the Garden of EDEN noticed after some days he had KONJI. And so he created EVE to be his helper,both in that Department(KONJI) and other Departments. So why is the Catholic Church reversing God's law?

How can you say God noticed konji . . . When in fact He put it there consciouly. What was causing the Konji? Apple or Leopards ?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by amunkita(m): 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
makoota:

All things are not in the bible. Catholics have rich culture that formed part of their doctrine. There re many things not recorded in the bible, even the bible states so.
If you have a problem with the title Queen of Heaven, the mother of king Jesus should be a Queen. Mary has done so much more than you can think of in Christendom. Even as at present she has been calling for repentance, penance and prayer for the sins of the world that is offending the Heavenly father.
God have used her to prevent many wars in history. The battle of Lepanto for example that the Moors waged against Christians in 1671. The soldiers fought that warbeen backed up with the prayers of the holy rosary. If that war was won by the Moors. There couldnt be Christians in Africa because the whole of Europe could have turned Islam.

Also, is the first and second world war. You can browse of the apparition of fatima. You can read it up on ur own.

PLS DO NOT SPEAK AGAINST THE HOLY VIRGIN MARY FOR YOU HAVE LIMITED KNOWLEDGE AGAINST HER. IF GOD HIMSELF HAS HONOURED HER, PLS DONT DISHONOUR HER. "ALLGENERATIONS SHALL CALL ME BLESSED"

Hmm..
Did u say God used her to prevent wars because of the recitation of rosary

Wondering why same did not happen in nigeria nd prevented the civil war..
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by ladman(m): 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
thorpido:
You mean you don't understand it. tongue

On the contrary, it means the bible with all its quotations is filled with so many disagreements that it is always open to different interpretations. If you continue to hammer on your point, you are just like a drunkard who drinks from an emptied bottle, but claims he is enjoying every sip.

Goodluck with that.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2017
ladman:

On the contrary, it means the bible with all its quotations is filled with so many disagreements that it is always open to different interpretations. If you continue to hammer on your point, you are just like a drunkard who drinks from an emptied bottle, but claims he is enjoying every sip.

Goodluck with that.
So they say when they lack the understanding thereof.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by crazygod(m): 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
sorepco:
We honour mary.we do not worship her
Chexk ur dictionary

A lot of people have quoted me and I refused to reply based on experience. Arguing with Catholics is like punching a steel wall. They are very adamant. Pls when u build a statue and u assemble around the statue and u call someone 'Holy', my guy, that's not honor, that's worship. Kindly read revelation where the 24 elders bowed before the throne of God and declared Holy Holy Holy. Only God can be called Holy. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by blackbriar: 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
where does mary come in ? In all the teachings of Jesus christ was hailing mentioned? Even the bealtitude didn't refer to hailing or honoring mary. Please drop the fetish practice of idolatry the romans imbued into catholic and embrace Christ wholly

luke 1 :27-31
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by blackbriar: 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2017
analice107:

Before they found me out as what? A thief or a murderer? Do you lack expressions?

they found out you have no knowledge or history of the catholic faith you claimed to once profess
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by blackbriar: 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
crazygod:

A lot of people have quoted me and I refused to reply based on experience. Arguing with Catholics is like punching a steel wall. They are very adamant. Pls when u build a statue and u assemble around the statue and u call someone 'Holy', my guy, that's not honor, that's worship. Kindly read revelation where the 24 elders bowed before the throne of God and declared Holy Holy Holy. Only God can be called Holy. Thanks.

The Priest concludes the Preface with the people singing or saying aloud:

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest.
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
After the singing of the Sanctus the congregation kneels for the remainder of the Eucharistic Prayer.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ugbavihi: 4:51pm On Oct 23, 2017
Why are human beings animal of discrimination?
You discriminate and criticize between your religion(christian) and other religion, as if that isn't enough, you are directing such discrimination inside your religion.
Human being is a discrimination animal..
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by zaragoza(m): 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
who was on the throne in heaven when Jesus was on earth? If Jesus is God why does He have to sit on the right hand side of God? Where in the Bible Jesus called Himself God? Why did God call Jesus His begotten Son? Support you claim with bible evidence and not what you think.

1 John 5:7 " for there are 3 that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy spirit and these 3 are one"

another bible passage reads thus "in the beginning was the word, the word was with God and the word was God"
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by zaragoza(m): 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
Proffdada:
was Jesus there when it was mentioned?

the blessed Virginia Mary was pregnant with Jesus when she visited Elizabeth
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by analice107: 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:

they found out you have no knowledge or history of the catholic faith you claimed to once profess
I expected you people to accept the truth? lolzz.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by ofwest47(m): 6:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
Do you know; Catholic Church is the union of all the faithfuls under one head and the head of the catholic church is Jesus Christ our Lord while Pentecostal Church is the union of business enterprises church under one head and the head of the Pentecostal church is president of CAN can of worm
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by ofwest47(m): 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
Do you know; Catholic Church is the union of all the faithfuls under one head and the head of the catholic church is Jesus Christ our Lord while Pentecostal Church is the union of business enterprises church under one head and the head of the Pentecostal church is president of CAN can of worm .
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by zaragoza(m): 6:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
Beey:
I didn't change anything.My stand was clear.In your teachings you believe that the good deeds you do here will save you.But the Bible is clear it's salvation through faith which involves confessing that Jesus is Lord.Shall good deeds be rewarded? Absolutely.But they solely can't earn you salvation.

If faith solely can save u, then judgement day wld look like "hey u had faith oya go over to heaven" the other "hey u didn't have faith, go to hell" what then wld be judged on the judgement day? Faith without good works is dead, for u to even carry out the good works in the first place shows u have faith. The problem with ur likes is that u are always looking for the easy way out, a short cut. So by declaring that u have accepted Jesus Christ as ur Lord and personal saviour, u are already in heaven? smh. keep deceiving urself
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by zaragoza(m): 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
analice107:
Read this your comment again.
I WAS A CATHOLIC, BUT NOT ANYMORE. I KNOW ALL ABOUT IT.
so where u worshiping idols when u were a Catholic?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by tete7000(m): 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
analice107:

And the Jews worshipped the Ark of the Covenant and the Cherubs?
Do you even know what that symbolised? Maybe you should read Hebrews 8, 9, and 10. The Holy Spirit explains what the Art of the covenant symbolised in those chapters.

Pls Stop making excuses to worship satan.

Who is this who thinks he can just jump into other people's discussion. By the way, how is it your business what I worship? Aproko!
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by doyinbaby(f): 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
crazygod:

arguing with a. Catholic is a waste of time
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Beey(f): 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
zaragoza:

If faith solely can save u, then judgement day wld look like "hey u had faith oya go over to heaven" the other "hey u didn't have faith, go to hell" what then wld be judged on the judgement day? Faith without good works is dead, for u to even carry out the good works in the first place shows u have faith. The problem with ur likes is that u are always looking for the easy way out, a short cut. So by declaring that u have accepted Jesus Christ as ur Lord and personal saviour, u are already in heaven? smh. keep deceiving urself
Like I said, good works will be rewarded definitely.When the Bible says "well done good & faithful servant" it's obviously someone who has done their work diligently & that's why the Bible talks of a crown of life.Like I said good deeds are good but they cannot earn one salvation.There's a reward for them but they solely can't earn one salvation.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Dnaz(m): 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
Beey:
Like I said, good works will be rewarded definitely.When the Bible says "well done good & faithful servant" it's obviously someone who has done their work diligently & that's why the Bible talks of a crown of life.Like I said good deeds are good but they cannot earn one salvation.There's a reward for them but they solely can't earn one salvation.

No one is saying good works alone will earn u salvation.
Council of Trent session 6 canon 1

CANON I.-If any one saith, that man may be justified before God by his own works, whether done through the teaching of human nature, or that of the law, without the grace of God through Jesus Christ; let him be anathema
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by analice107: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
tete7000:

Who is this who thinks he can just jump into other people's discussion. By the way, how is it your business what I worship? Aproko!
lol. Sorry. Worship what you want.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by rhektor(m): 1:09am On Oct 24, 2017
Kenerd:
I already did rhektor.

Is there anything different from the first one in exodus 20?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 24, 2017
ofwest47:
Do you know; Catholic Church is the union of all the faithfuls under one head and the head of the catholic church is Jesus Christ our Lord while Pentecostal Church is the union of business enterprises church under one head and the head of the Pentecostal church is president of CAN can of worm
Do you know that Catholics are idol worshippers?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2017
ema2017:
In my opinion there is nothing really wrong with catholic church. The bone of contention were people feel that catholic practice is not scriptural is the praying to God through mary, Mary is the earthly mother of Jesus and Jesus has never during his earthly ministry refer that we should pray through his mother mary. Secondly it is idolatory to pray to a statue.
do you know anyone who told you he prays through a statue?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
analice107:

You are quick to call people names even when you are in the wrong.

What in Catholicism is Biblical? Is it the mentioning of the name Jesus or what? Olumba mentions Jesus, but we know it's a charade.

Catholicism is a distinct religion and not Christianity.
since Catholicism is a religion on its own,why then do you use the books she compiled and called new testament, why not compile your own new testament?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
femi4:
You don't ask to be baptized, you asked to be save. Confession is made unto Salvation. Water baptism doesn't save you from sins. Its a symbolic representation of being death to sin and resurrected in Jesus Christ. Jesus did it to fulfill all righteousness.

If that person dies without being baptized, he's still make heaven provided that he's saved

That's why the apostle focus more on baptism of the holy ghost
actually to be saved you should be baptised.

Acts 2

37 Now when they heard this, they were acutely
distressed and said to Peter and the rest of the
apostles, “What should we do, brothers?” 38 Peter
said to them, “Repent, and each one of you be
baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the
forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the
gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for
you and your children, and for all who are far
away, as many as the Lord our God will call to
himself.”
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2017
femi4:
lol, you quoted Act 9:18 but you couldn't type it out. I smell foul play

2. Baptism doesn't wash away sins, its a symbolic representation after confession of sin and believe in Jesus

3. Jesus did it to fulfil all righteousness. If it was compulsory, how come all his disciples didn't go through the process

4. Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized ......not the other way round.

ROM 10:9-10
9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

in baptism sins are washed away.
act 2:37, 38 and we receive the spirit.

in baptism we as saved as an appeal to God for a good conscience 1 pt

in baptism we identify with the death of Christ and freed from the bondage of the law.

Or don’t you know that all of us
who were baptized into Christ Jesus were
baptized into his death? We were therefore
buried with him through baptism into death in
order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead
through the glory of the Father, we too may live a
new life.
For if we have been united with him in a death
like his, we will certainly also be united with him in
a resurrection like his. For we know that our old
self was crucified with him so that the body ruled
by sin might be done away with, that we should
no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone
who has died has been set free from sin.
Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we
will also live with him. For we know that since
Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die
again; death no longer has mastery over him.
The death he died, he died to sin once for all;
but the life he lives, he lives to God.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:09pm On Oct 24, 2017
femi4:
Show me scriptures where Paul got baptized by water grin

Don't get me wrong, water baptism is a good thing but its not a ticket to salvation but rather an evidence of salvation
no water baptism is the covenantal action of salvation

Or don’t you know that all of us
who were baptized into Christ Jesus were
baptized into his death? We were therefore
buried with him through baptism into death in
order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead
through the glory of the Father, we too may live a
new life.
For if we have been united with him in a death
like his, we will certainly also be united with him in
a resurrection like his. For we know that our old
self was crucified with him so that the body ruled
by sin might be done away with, that we should
no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone
who has died has been set free from sin.
Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we
will also live with him. For we know that since
Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die
again; death no longer has mastery over him.
The death he died, he died to sin once for all;
but the life he lives, he lives to God.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by femi4: 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
actually to be saved you should be baptised.

Acts 2

37 Now when they heard this, they were acutely
distressed and said to Peter and the rest of the
apostles, “What should we do, brothers?” 38 Peter
said to them, “Repent, and each one of you be
baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the
forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the
gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for
you and your children, and for all who are far
away, as many as the Lord our God will call to
himself.”

Don't drag me back, check my previous post and get enlightened.

The thief on the cross beside Jesus wasn't baptized

The adulterous woman was not baptized

The Samaritan woman....and many more
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
Kenerd:
Bruh, I am an ex Catholic and never have I seen the 2nd set of ten commandments being read in church.
PS: The church cycles through the Bible every 3 years not annually.
Year A, B, C.
Edit: I forgot to add, 3 years for Sunday cycles and 2 years( Year A, B) if you attend Mass everyday.

you must either be a liar or partially deaf...how a Catholic will claim he never heard a commandment. what a lie?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply)

Mummy GO Spotted Grabbing Pizza (Photo, Video) / Before And Now Pictures Of Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Was Shared Online. / Joshua Bamiloye Weds Tolulope Mary Odesola (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.