Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) (43360 Views)

Kano Hisba Invades University Hostels Arrests Male, Female Students In Same Room / Best Five University Hostels In Nigeria(photos) - Kinesthouse / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by lilyheaven: 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
So bad! I can't believe the environment is like this.
Cholera on air!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by seunlly(m): 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Oba Awon University
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by terrezo2002(m): 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Some students behave like pigs. Too lazy to do the right things. Some will eat with plates and won't wash it until any time they want to eat with that plate again.
Freedom makes some people useless and irresponsible

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by encryptjay(m): 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Da heck?! Una no get cleaners?
The images are revolting. The hostels should be renovated for Pete's sake.
Modified- If some of these students had good waste disposal habits, it would have been better.
I I don't see a trash can or bin, I hold on to whatever I'm with till I find one.
I can't remember when last I drop trash on the floor. Basic hygiene is what these guys are suffering with.
They'll still baff up and be chasing girls around with such habits unattended to.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Divay22(f): 9:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
Students lives here sad
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by OboOlora(f): 9:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
OP, na hostel be this or Kuje? No wonder they graduate and can't even function in a world class office like Haliburton. They are always complaining of too much AC cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Suzzygold: 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
TheHistorian:
Why do Nigerians make a fuss out of nothing?

What's wrong in students mobilizing themselves in large numbers to clean this up and then solemnly swear to maintain the neatness they all contributed to.

really wish they would do that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Benekruku(m): 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
In a sane society, that school should have been converted to a cattle ranch. It's not habitable for humans without mentioning a learning environment.

They should merge the incumbent students with universities across Nigeria and make modernise facility to become a cattle ranch with abattoirs within

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by terrezo2002(m): 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
Greatmind23:
omo ,and these people go get girlfriends

na why I dey knack people gf be this if I drive these nigga babe to my luxurious appartment now shei she no go hang legs for me

We are talking about dirty hostel, you are talking about sex. Renew your mind to think about godly things because a dirty mind is the worst kind of dirtiness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
The worse here is that even students that litter dirts in their hostel in other universities or polytechnics, will come here and be forming and saying "students are dirty"!......change begins with you!

I was once a university student and I am proud to say, I was one of those that do keep the environment clean.

I'm not typing this cos I'm here, but its the truth......believe or not!

This one no be govt fault, but students and school authority!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by habsydiamond(m): 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
this one Na rat republic oooo
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Nedfed(m): 9:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
I hail OAU students
Especially their female
Some of them fit serve you food with used always pad

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by terrezo2002(m): 9:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
Greatmind23:
omo ,and these people go get girlfriends

na why I dey knack people gf be this if I drive these nigga babe to my luxurious appartment now shei she no go hang legs for me

We are talking about dirty hostel, you are talking about sex. Renew your mind because a dirty mind is the worst kind of dirtiness

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by RationalTV: 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
Enough of recycled old politicians to continue to ruin our future as Nigerian youths.
We Nigerian youths are becoming so comfortable with mediocre and enjoying the meagre these old politicians dash us out of our collective Commonwealth they stole in the name of leadership.
Enough is enough! Join ''Rational Youth For Future Revolution Of Nigeria (RYFFRON)'' now and let's surprise these old politicians come 2019 by electing young, visionary Nigerians into key leadership positions to help us chart a new course for Nigeria. Yes we can do it.
Check us out here and indicate your interest to be a member of the revolution party!
Join here>>> https://www.nairaland.com/4132223/rational-youth-future-revolution-nigeria
Rational Youth For Future Revolution Of Nigeria (RYFFRON)
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
Some foolish element will still say na Buhari grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by ugooo88(m): 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
averagely, Nigerians are just dirty. not caring about their surroundings. you find students who eat in classrooms and leave groundnut shells, leathers papers and all kind of rubbish on the desks, as if there are no dustbins.
once its not a personal belonging, a Nigerian will misuse it and treat it badly until it's destroyed. shame.
I don't believe there's hope for this country. we are just terrible people.

4 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
Awolowo and dirtiness TUFIAKWA

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ask me why Nigerians eat and throw their refuse on the main road? We have a dirt culture.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by 2lateBiafra: 9:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
Chai , SEE CONDOM EVERYWHERE , breeding site for HIV AIDS
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by WIZGUY69(m): 9:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
buygala:
From
Angola H7
To Awo block 2 room 209
To Awo Block 1 room 103, I experienced all shades of rot in OAU sad

Those days of Bobby, Africano, Devaino, Cowbell, Prof Faborode, Destiny, and that bastard named FJ undecided

OF THE GREATEST IFE!
ARTICULATE IFE
EVER-CONSCIOUS IFE
OF THE GREATEST GBIGBI
OF THE GREATEST GBOGBO
OF THE GREATEST SHHHHHHHHHH

Mama no fine, but her children still love her smiley

Wow!
Was an Alumnus of Block 1, Room 103 too
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by sirBLUNT: 9:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
u can never see something like this in abu zaria....naturally ahead!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
BaEnki:
OAU Ile-Ife Hostels Are Dirty, Rot In Learning Environment

In as much as this article is not meant to spite the school authority, as bunch of it is directed towards the students, the school authority still have a great role to play in ensuring good living conditions of their students though it seems the students have been left alone to continue living like animals.

Since I've been in this school I haven't visit any female hostel as most guys would have, so my assertions here are based on what I had seen in the three males hostel i.e Awolowo, Fajuyi and Angola halls. A visit to any of the aforementioned hostel in normal weekdays will make you speechless but a visit on Saturdays and Sundays will definitely make you puke. The sight of dirt flowing around will made you wondered whether you're truly in OAU or some god forsaken prison yard, to be honest with y'all most OAU boys behave less than worst animals you see out there, that you'll begin to question yourself whether you're truly in the midst of people or mindless animals.

The toilets will be left unkept even when there is water to do so, the rooms will be left untidy like some animal breeding grounds, clean up the room this hour, next hour its already chaos, there are waste bins around but no one is using them.

I'm using this opportunity to reach out to my fellow students to imbibe the culture of cleanliness, let's begin to reason like humans and do the right things, please make use of the waste bins, clean your environments.

To the school authority, more hostels need to be built, you can't accommodate more than 10,000 boys in 4000 spaces, the toilets are eyesore, they all needed to be fixed or replaced, and lastly we are not animals stop treating us like one.
We can't be living in bushes because weren't wilds.

I typed this from my sick bed. cry

shocked.
I thought UNN n UNEC had Dirty hostels.
grin.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by dfrost: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
Achillesdam500:
Awolowo hall be like hogs habitat

More like a pigsty. Yucks ***throws up***
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by talk2emma: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
That is the nature of the country
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by dfrost: 9:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
ugooo88:
averagely, most Nigerians are just dirty. not caring about their surroundings. you find students who eat in classrooms and leave groundnut shells, leathers papers and all kind of rubbish on the desks, as if there are no dustbins.
once its not a personal belonging, a Nigerian will misuse it and treat it badly until it's destroyed. shame.
I don't believe there's hope for this country. we are just terrible people.

Fixed. Not all. Some have good maintenance culture. cheesy wink
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by brojoshua: 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
A corrupt people is an accursed people. We Nigerians or almost all of us are devourers destroying everything around us including our own lives. I weep over Nigeria and Nigerians. Many woes unto us for we are very evil in Nigeria. When are we going to change from our many evil ways in Nigeria, as many of us that are wicked? Things are really getting worse for us by the day
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by thundafire: 10:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dirty students yet will for living in posh hostel
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
We lack how to maintain stuff in Nigeria
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by akigbemaru: 10:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
BaEnki:
OAU Ile-Ife Hostels Are Dirty, Rot In Learning Environment

In as much as this article is not meant to spite the school authority, as bunch of it is directed towards the students, the school authority still have a great role to play in ensuring good living conditions of their students though it seems the students have been left alone to continue living like animals.

Since I've been in this school I haven't visit any female hostel as most guys would have, so my assertions here are based on what I had seen in the three males hostel i.e Awolowo, Fajuyi and Angola halls. A visit to any of the aforementioned hostel in normal weekdays will make you speechless but a visit on Saturdays and Sundays will definitely make you puke. The sight of dirt flowing around will made you wondered whether you're truly in OAU or some god forsaken prison yard, to be honest with y'all most OAU boys behave less than worst animals you see out there, that you'll begin to question yourself whether you're truly in the midst of people or mindless animals.

The toilets will be left unkept even when there is water to do so, the rooms will be left untidy like some animal breeding grounds, clean up the room this hour, next hour its already chaos, there are waste bins around but no one is using them.

I'm using this opportunity to reach out to my fellow students to imbibe the culture of cleanliness, let's begin to reason like humans and do the right things, please make use of the waste bins, clean your environments.

To the school authority, more hostels need to be built, you can't accommodate more than 10,000 boys in 4000 spaces, the toilets are eyesore, they all needed to be fixed or replaced, and lastly we are not animals stop treating us like one.
We can't be living in bushes because weren't wilds.

I typed this from my sick bed. cry
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by armyofone(m): 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
Every summer when students go on summer break (june-sept), big work begins for facilities management in every colleges here. Holes on the wall are filled, sand papered and repainted. Every rooms in the dorm are painted. Every classroom, road, sewer, dinning, cafeteria, building redone. You come back to a brand new school and dorm room...they are colleges from 17th/18th century.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by armyofone(m): 10:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
You are fined $1000 for throwing refuse on the road if you are caught according to the sign by the road.

Pidgin2:
Ask me why Nigerians eat and throw their refuse on the main road? We have a dirt culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any Good Nursing School In Nigeria / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? / Bamidele Impeached As NANS President Over $200K Embezzlement Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.