Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) (43361 Views)

Kano Hisba Invades University Hostels Arrests Male, Female Students In Same Room / Best Five University Hostels In Nigeria(photos) - Kinesthouse / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by RaptorX: 3:13am On Oct 23, 2017
I can only imagine how the toilets look like, dead country with psycho leaders and zombie followers.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by WALEXYY(m): 3:17am On Oct 23, 2017
BaEnki:
OAU Ile-Ife Hostels Are Dirty, Rot In Learning Environment

In as much as this article is not meant to spite the school authority, as bunch of it is directed towards the students, the school authority still have a great role to play in ensuring good living conditions of their students though it seems the students have been left alone to continue living like animals.

Since I've been in this school I haven't visit any female hostel as most guys would have, so my assertions here are based on what I had seen in the three males hostel i.e Awolowo, Fajuyi and Angola halls. A visit to any of the aforementioned hostel in normal weekdays will make you speechless but a visit on Saturdays and Sundays will definitely make you puke. The sight of dirt flowing around will made you wondered whether you're truly in OAU or some god forsaken prison yard, to be honest with y'all most OAU boys behave less than worst animals you see out there, that you'll begin to question yourself whether you're truly in the midst of people or mindless animals.

The toilets will be left unkept even when there is water to do so, the rooms will be left untidy like some animal breeding grounds, clean up the room this hour, next hour its already chaos, there are waste bins around but no one is using them.

I'm using this opportunity to reach out to my fellow students to imbibe the culture of cleanliness, let's begin to reason like humans and do the right things, please make use of the waste bins, clean your environments.

To the school authority, more hostels need to be built, you can't accommodate more than 10,000 boys in 4000 spaces, the toilets are eyesore, they all needed to be fixed or replaced, and lastly we are not animals stop treating us like one.
We can't be living in bushes because weren't wilds.

I typed this from my sick bed. cry

Great Ife
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Ronaldinnioh(m): 3:34am On Oct 23, 2017
When I saw this post on Nairaland,I was laughing because the person that actually posted this made mockery of himself. Now the University did her best in buying a waste paper bin or Dust bin yet most of you don't even see it, they prefer to throw away their dirty any where they like and expect the school cleaner to pick it up. My question is,of what use is the Dust bin? If we don't know those that litter the school hostel then it must be Ghost's that does such. The earlier students acknowledge and get orientation concerning the use of dust bin the better they become. In University of Nigeria Nsukka it's a big crime to wash in your hostel corridor or even wash your teeth their. If caught your pay fine and if you refuse to pay you will get all your roomsl foams carried to the Hall Chairman's room with the help of disciplinary committee. I guess by the time your room mates disturb you, you will have to pay for your mistake.Can this measure be used in OAU? Any room caught with littered with wastes like(tomatoe cans,Spag sachets, sachet's water rap, bread nylon, etc...) The room will be fined heavily? No it will be an Aluta event simply because you naughtily refused to acknowledge the Dust bin. But when you get to ETF this morning,take a good look at the gutter. It will be full with dirts dripped by Ghosts.Some dust bin might be empty and student's finds it hard to make use of the dust bin provided by the University Authority. Everything must not done by the management. You should learnt to keep your surroundings clean.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by ikemesit4477: 4:26am On Oct 23, 2017
BaEnki:

In as much as this article is not meant to spite the school authority, as bunch of it is directed towards the students, the school authority still have a great role to play in ensuring good living conditions of their students though it seems the students have been left alone to continue living like animals.

Since I've been in this school I haven't visit any female hostel as most guys would have, so my assertions here are based on what I had seen in the three males hostel i.e Awolowo, Fajuyi and Angola halls. A visit to any of the aforementioned hostel in normal weekdays will make you speechless but a visit on Saturdays and Sundays will definitely make you puke. The sight of dirt flowing around will made you wondered whether you're truly in OAU or some god forsaken prison yard, to be honest with y'all most OAU boys behave less than worst animals you see out there, that you'll begin to question yourself whether you're truly in the midst of people or mindless animals.

The toilets will be left unkept even when there is water to do so, the rooms will be left untidy like some animal breeding grounds, clean up the room this hour, next hour its already chaos, there are waste bins around but no one is using them.

I'm using this opportunity to reach out to my fellow students to imbibe the culture of cleanliness, let's begin to reason like humans and do the right things, please make use of the waste bins, clean your environments.

To the school authority, more hostels need to be built, you can't accommodate more than 10,000 boys in 4000 spaces, the toilets are eyesore, they all needed to be fixed or replaced, and lastly we are not animals stop treating us like one.

in these kind of situation what the school authority need to do is to employ cleaners, then deducted the money indirectly from their hostel fee's!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Tchinaidi(m): 5:35am On Oct 23, 2017
so na the OAU way person no dey hear word again be this,more like a pigsty.The living condition here could result to an outbreak of cholera.Yoruba's dirty no be small

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by nwoye72: 6:10am On Oct 23, 2017
And you will see those babes forming clean in the mall
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Stylz69(m): 6:27am On Oct 23, 2017
OAU students are pigs. You can make the best of a bad situation and the students aren’t doing that. Adults who litter the surrounding, create a rubbish dump under clothes line, cannot mobilize themselves to clean up where they live.
Na wa
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by olatunyemi(m): 6:38am On Oct 23, 2017
ABU will be similitude to London when compared with this. though hostels like Danfodiyo and Ramat are begging for renovation but they are always clean
this is not about the cleaner or the school but the attitude of the students matters
pouring down of water in Suleiman hostel attracted your pots to be seized
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by WaffenSS(m): 6:56am On Oct 23, 2017
It's not the hostels that are filthy, it's the occupants.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by onyxo76(m): 7:25am On Oct 23, 2017
Greatmind23:
omo ,and these people go get girlfriends

na why I dey knack people gf be this if I drive these nigga babe to my luxurious appartment now shei she no go hang legs for me

those girl friends sef na itchy vagina and discharge dey worry most of them, what do except after doing it in this kind of environment.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by salt1: 7:30am On Oct 23, 2017
Nedfed:
I hail OAU students
Especially their female
Some of them fit serve you food with used always pad

*pukes*
You have the award for the nastiest post
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by thedondada(m): 7:35am On Oct 23, 2017
Damoxy:
The best solution to this Hostel shit is to force these politicians children to stay in this hostel just for a week.

U will be amazed at the revolution that will happen.

This leaders don't have a Good plan for the Nigerian Youth.
May God just Gimme Enough Money, My Children won't attend Government Schools if this Is the way things are gonna Be

Lol. Blame politicians for everything. Imagine even your dirty enviromemt is the politicians fault. Why not clean it up. Why not use the dustbin? Why don't you stop throwing stuff from upstairs to the ground.

Animals will be animals.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Lennylinconlee(m): 7:43am On Oct 23, 2017
when the foundation is distroy lee what kind a child of such foundation do. Most of the student are dirty from home, some even assist to pour refuse inside guter during rain thereby blocking drainage and resulting to flood and damage of residence property...it all start from home...At the The Great OAU always preach Make OAU CLEAN yet some dirty frm womb being will still so like animal. let us learn to make our environment clean it sometime give a definition of you when a visitor come in. it is very imperative for every1 and all student in Nigeria University all over the country to note that No management is responsible for the dirtyness of ur environment. As a student going thru learning in an institution is part of your core duty to make ur environment sparkling clean. Let the bush rat in the house read and telewire to the bush cat.

Long live Nigeria Education
Long live Nigeria Higher Institutions
Long live Nigeria Universities
Long live Nigeria in General.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Segzyelnino(m): 7:45am On Oct 23, 2017
Nigeria Tertiary institution Students and their Too big attitude just tired me,
wait let be sincere if there father's house dirty like this shey they no go clean up...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Kirgyakos(m): 8:16am On Oct 23, 2017
Some student can be very dirty eh!

Later they will be claiming big boys & girls.

Rubbish....!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by tivta(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2017
tstx:
this one. is not our govts fault..Nigerians are dirty.. especially when the subject matter is not theirs.. In their head they'd be like. No be my papa house joor

Mr man, not all Nigerians are dirty oh...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Ochima75(m): 8:30am On Oct 23, 2017
Later now somebori wl be saying i shld coman be staying in school hostel
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Culin(f): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2017
So irritating! MayowaAdegbola come and see ABU hostels.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by perdollar(m): 9:30am On Oct 23, 2017
students r very dirty but Yoruba as a race is dirt itself
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by gonkin(m): 9:44am On Oct 23, 2017
Blame the afonjas in the institute
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:51am On Oct 23, 2017
Ronaldinnioh:
When I saw this post on Nairaland,I was laughing because the person that actually posted this made mockery of himself. Now the University did her best in buying a waste paper bin or Dust bin yet most of you don't even see it, they prefer to throw away their dirty any where they like and expect the school cleaner to pick it up. My question is,of what use is the Dust bin? If we don't know those that litter the school hostel then it must be Ghost's that does such. The earlier students acknowledge and get orientation concerning the use of dust bin the better they become. In University of Nigeria Nsukka it's a big crime to wash in your hostel corridor or even wash your teeth their. If caught your pay fine and if you refuse to pay you will get all your roomsl foams carried to the Hall Chairman's room with the help of disciplinary committee. I guess by the time your room mates disturb you, you will have to pay for your mistake.Can this measure be used in OAU? Any room caught with littered with wastes like(tomatoe cans,Spag sachets, sachet's water rap, bread nylon, etc...) The room will be fined heavily? No it will be an Aluta event simply because you naughtily refused to acknowledge the Dust bin. But when you get to ETF this morning,take a good look at the gutter. It will be full with dirts dripped by Ghosts.Some dust bin might be empty and student's finds it hard to make use of the dust bin provided by the University Authority. Everything must not done by the management. You should learnt to keep your surroundings clean.

You sure about this one? I spent all my years in UNN in Mbanefo Hall, and I always did my laundry (like every other student) in the corridors. We even brushed at the corridors and spit it out in the hostel quadrangle. grin For sure sha, our hostels were not this dirty, but it was generally unsanitary. And overcrowded, with too many squatters, but boys no dey send generally. Afterall, I pocketed my hostel money in 4th and final year when they wanted to shift me from Mbanefo and squatted in my old room.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by lawalosky(m): 10:06am On Oct 23, 2017
is a normal thing in every nigerian institution
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by webngnews: 11:00am On Oct 23, 2017
Oh
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Ronaldinnioh(m): 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

You sure about this one? I spent all my years in UNN in Mbanefo Hall, and I always did my laundry (like every other student) in the corridors. We even brushed at the corridors and spit it out in the hostel quadrangle. grin For sure sha, our hostels were not this dirty, but it was generally unsanitary. And overcrowded, with too many squatters, but boys no dey send generally. Afterall, I pocketed my hostel money in 4th and final year when they wanted to shift me from Mbanefo and squatted in my old room.

Ask those who were in Eni Njoku and Alavan Ikoku hall 2010. They will gist you .
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Uche000(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
BaEnki:

I'm a fresh law graduate from this school. The issue is not the school's fault abeg. They have cleaners who come to clean all hostels everyday except on weekends, but this boy are just too dirty. They live a care free life and some Ppl even intentionally throw dirt outside instead of using the waste bin. U can see this mostly in awo hall. Don't blame d school management abegi
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Godhead4(m): 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
undecided
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by yunqdady: 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2021
buygala:
From
Angola H7
To Awo block 2 room 209
To Awo Block 1 room 103, I experienced all shades of rot in OAU sad

Those days of Bobby, Africano, Devaino, Cowbell, Prof Faborode, Destiny, and that bastard named FJ undecided

OF THE GREATEST IFE!
ARTICULATE IFE
EVER-CONSCIOUS IFE
OF THE GREATEST GBIGBI
OF THE GREATEST GBOGBO
OF THE GREATEST SHHHHHHHHHH

Mama no fine, but her children still love her smiley

But Mama sef should try and have small sense na sad...... Dirt, decay and rot are never worthy traditions for any person or institution.
Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any Good Nursing School In Nigeria / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? / Bamidele Impeached As NANS President Over $200K Embezzlement Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.