Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) (43352 Views)

Kano Hisba Invades University Hostels Arrests Male, Female Students In Same Room / Best Five University Hostels In Nigeria(photos) - Kinesthouse / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by hermosa7: 10:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
TheHistorian:
Why do Nigerians make a fuss out of nothing?

What's wrong in students mobilizing themselves in large numbers to clean this up and then solemnly swear to maintain the neatness they all contributed to.

The hostels are very large and trying to get students to do the cleaning will be a full time job. They need a facility manager. Don't they have one? OAU wasn't like this in my days.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by poseidon12: 10:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
Benekruku:
In a sane society, that school should have been converted to a cattle ranch. It's not habitable for humans without mentioning a learning environment.

They should merge the incumbent students with universities across Nigeria and make modernise facility to become a cattle ranch with abattoirs within

This filthy dormitory is not unique to OAU. It's the same filthy condition in most public universities in Nigeria. And it's also a reflection of the filthy Nigerian environment.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by carlosSeyi(m): 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
BaEnki:
OAU Ile-Ife Hostels Are Dirty, Rot In Learning Environment

In as much as this article is not meant to spite the school authority, as bunch of it is directed towards the students, the school authority still have a great role to play in ensuring good living conditions of their students though it seems the students have been left alone to continue living like animals.

Since I've been in this school I haven't visit any female hostel as most guys would have, so my assertions here are based on what I had seen in the three males hostel i.e Awolowo, Fajuyi and Angola halls. A visit to any of the aforementioned hostel in normal weekdays will make you speechless but a visit on Saturdays and Sundays will definitely make you puke. The sight of dirt flowing around will made you wondered whether you're truly in OAU or some god forsaken prison yard, to be honest with y'all most OAU boys behave less than worst animals you see out there, that you'll begin to question yourself whether you're truly in the midst of people or mindless animals.

The toilets will be left unkept even when there is water to do so, the rooms will be left untidy like some animal breeding grounds, clean up the room this hour, next hour its already chaos, there are waste bins around but no one is using them.

I'm using this opportunity to reach out to my fellow students to imbibe the culture of cleanliness, let's begin to reason like humans and do the right things, please make use of the waste bins, clean your environments.

To the school authority, more hostels need to be built, you can't accommodate more than 10,000 boys in 4000 spaces, the toilets are eyesore, they all needed to be fixed or replaced, and lastly we are not animals stop treating us like one.
We can't be living in bushes because weren't wilds.

I typed this from my sick bed. cry

if you would like that I help u post this on our website so that the needful can be done...feel free to Holla on whatsapp zero eight one three four two three seven two nine nine
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by poseidon12: 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
pp802:
The worse here is that even students that litter dirts in their hostel in other universities or polytechnics, will come here and be forming and saying "students are dirty"!......change begins with you!

I was once a university student and I am proud to say, I was one of those that do keep the environment clean.

I'm not typing this cos I'm here, but its the truth......believe or not!

This one no be govt fault, but students and school authority!

It's mostly government fault( in this case, school administration) actually. They probably lack a functional waste disposal system. And I would be surprised if they have pipe borne water.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by profudus(m): 10:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
If those who claimed to have acquired knowledge, competencies and skills are living like pigs, what do you think they will offer in the larger society after graduation?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Sewasaunt(f): 10:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
...empty dustbins and littered floors, classic.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by BaEnki(m): 10:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
carlosSeyi:

if you would like that I help u post this on our website so that the needful can be done...feel free to Holla on whatsapp zero eight one three four two three seven two nine nine

Hello,

Its fine, I actually want the targeted audience to read this, you're free to share it on your website, include the original link though.

To the mod that move this to front page, thank you.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by KENZINCO(m): 10:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
Are human being still living here?
Abeg where is Woli A role?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by enemyofprogress: 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
But I no see any gold circle condom pack for ground
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by poseidon12: 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
armyofone:
Every summer when students go on summer break (june-sept), big work begins for facilities management in every colleges here. Holes on the wall are filled, sand papered and repainted. Every rooms in the dorm are painted. Every classroom, road, sewer, dinning, cafeteria, building redone. You come back to a brand new school and dorm room...they are colleges from 17th/18th century.

Exactly. And it also provides summer job opportunities for students since students are recruited to do those jobs for a decent salary. Some schools even provide free summer accommodation and feeding in addition to the decent salary. It was a great help for me.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by fedundiran(m): 10:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
Na my block be that... blk 6
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
Just viewing this picture is giving me goose pimples, I can't live here, some people can be so dirty.

Viewers discretion is advised.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Rhea(f): 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
BaEnki:

In as much as this article is not meant to spite the school authority, as bunch of it is directed towards the students, the school authority still have a great role to play in ensuring good living conditions of their students though it seems the students have been left alone to continue living like animals.

Since I've been in this school I haven't visit any female hostel as most guys would have, so my assertions here are based on what I had seen in the three males hostel i.e Awolowo, Fajuyi and Angola halls. A visit to any of the aforementioned hostel in normal weekdays will make you speechless but a visit on Saturdays and Sundays will definitely make you puke. The sight of dirt flowing around will made you wondered whether you're truly in OAU or some god forsaken prison yard, to be honest with y'all most OAU boys behave less than worst animals you see out there, that you'll begin to question yourself whether you're truly in the midst of people or mindless animals.

The toilets will be left unkept even when there is water to do so, the rooms will be left untidy like some animal breeding grounds, clean up the room this hour, next hour its already chaos, there are waste bins around but no one is using them.

I'm using this opportunity to reach out to my fellow students to imbibe the culture of cleanliness, let's begin to reason like humans and do the right things, please make use of the waste bins, clean your environments.

To the school authority, more hostels need to be built, you can't accommodate more than 10,000 boys in 4000 spaces, the toilets are eyesore, they all needed to be fixed or replaced, and lastly we are not animals stop treating us like one.

Animals do not live in their own faeces. You will not find any animal under there except a godfather skunk. Nigerian students are tempered in raw faeces courtesy of their statue erecting governors and gucci senators. cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by correctguy101(m): 11:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
The administrators of that school are not serious. The students are all crazy.
Are you sure it's not a madhouse you posted there @OP
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by correctguy101(m): 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rhea:

Animals do not live in their own faeces. You will not find any animal under there except a godfather skunk. Nigerian students are tempered in raw faeces courtesy of their statue erecting governors and gucci senators. cheesy cheesy grin grin

Each time I read or hear the bolded, I dey always dey feel somehow. Things will just be moving angry undecided
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nigerian Students are d laziest n dirtiest in Africa....stupid morons can keep deir environment clean....keep waiting 4 Buhari to come n clean it 4 u...,
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Ronnicute(m): 11:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
This is regrettably absurd n awkward. To think that humans stay here.....is disheartening!!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by mankind05(m): 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
this is as a result of lack of personal hygiene and environmental ethics on the side of the student.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
TheHistorian:
Why do Nigerians make a fuss out of nothing?

What's wrong in students mobilizing themselves in large numbers to clean this up and then solemnly swear to maintain the neatness they all contributed to.

Nigerians in Nigeria are not raising their kids right. QED.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Rhea(f): 11:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
correctguy101:

Each time I read or hear the bolded, I dey always dey feel somehow. Things will just be moving angry undecided

Things? You get spare, abi the cherries are moving too? Time to enter the cockpit grin cheesy
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by pawesome(m): 11:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
Sori to say buh Yorubas re naturally dirty na

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by correctguy101(m): 11:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rhea:

Things? You get spare, abi the cherries are moving too? Time to enter the cockpit grin cheesy

My body is weak na, and my spirit is very eager. grin I don't joke with that o. You can find out if you want to. I'll show you for free grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by correctguy101(m): 11:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
pawesome:
Sori to say buh Yorubas re naturally dirty na

Iffa hear.

person wey dirty don dirty be dat abeg.
No country without a lizard even for China we Dem dey eat am like suya
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Primenet(m): 11:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
Real Rubish

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by eulogy: 12:09am On Oct 23, 2017
Na wa

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by odurombi: 12:12am On Oct 23, 2017
This just depiction of how the boys in that hall of residence make a mess of the hostel. They wait for cleaners to clean the dirt up, forgetting that their hygiene is their personal responsibility. Awo boys, take responsibility for your hygiene!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 23, 2017
BaEnki:

Joseph Babalola is also terrible, they owe their staffs 5 month salaries, some student lay on the floor, no power in the schools. It's crazy with the heavy school fees they pay.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 23, 2017
Who are the DIRTIEST People in Nigeria...!!!!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by ayoballs: 12:52am On Oct 23, 2017
God bless you Op.i remembered when I went to greet a friend in awo hall around 2003 from my school.oou ago iwoye.me that am used to my clean self contained room in school not got to oau.mehn what I saw was hell.toilet was horrible,bathroom was slippery from dirt,and multitude sleeping in one room.i had to go to the tv room to pass the night and my Harley Davidson wallet was stolen by them so called oau student.i got no choice to run back to my oou disappointed...this was 2003 I can imagine how dirty the school hostels will be in 2017....greatest osuite.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by garymathew: 1:45am On Oct 23, 2017
Gush...its stinking....disgusting : shocked[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by MightySparrow: 2:25am On Oct 23, 2017
OAU and its greatness sha..
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by gozzlin: 2:58am On Oct 23, 2017
undecided
And yet they claim to be the best in Nigeria? Pathetic!
Looks like pig sty. Tufiakwa!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death / Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? / 20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.