Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court (25785 Views)

Ikpeazu Swears In Abaribe’s Wife As Perm Sec. In Abia / Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by tsdarkside(m): 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
ipobians are stvpid......chaiiiiiii...... lipsrsealed
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by AyakaDunukofia: 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
bekpo:

What do u understand about law? D doctrine of last seen entails what and applicable in what circumstance? Where is his curbs? Had d family made his absence timeousely and or they where just undermining d strength of the federal government because they believed that the sheriff won't return alive from medical leave in London. Let Nak come out from bidding and finish what he started. Nonsense.

Well, I don't join issues with intellectual midgets such as you; that can't make a grammatically correct sentence. Simpletons everywhere!

Channels Television
FG Should Have Awaited Legal Actions Against Kanu – Ozekhome
Akinola Ajibola
Updated October 17, 2017
3.5K28
FG Should Have Awaited Legal Actions Against Kanu, Not Invasion – Ozekhome
Mike Ozekhome
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr Mike Ozekhome, has faulted the purported invasion by troops of the residence of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.

This comes hours after the IPOB leader was absent in court after he was accused by the Federal Government of engaging in activities that pose threat to Nigeria’s sovereignty.

Reacting to the said invasion when he appeared on Channels Television’s Politics Today, Ozekhome said the government should have waited for the result of the legal actions taken against the IPOB leader and not resort to invading his residence by the military.

“Now assuming that Nnamdi Kanu has breached every single material particular of those bails, what is the answer? The answer is again through the judicial process,” he said on Tuesday.

“The Federal Government has already done the right thing through its lawyers that filed a motion before the same judge, Justice Binta Nyako, to say ‘my lord, Nnamdi Kanu has breached these bail conditions. The Federal Government should have waited for that legal process to accomplish rather than invade the home through the military.”

Kanu was arrested in 2015 and charged with 11 counts bordering on terrorism and treasonable felony.

Six of the charges, including that of terrorism were struck out in January 2017 and he was consequently granted bail with some conditions on April 25, 2017.

The Senator representing Abia South Senatorial District, Enyinaya Abaribe, and two others had volunteered as sureties for him.

In September 2017, the Nigerian Army started the second phase of its Operation Python Dance in the South East, after which there was a confrontation between soldiers and IPOB members in Abia State.

Following Kanu’s alleged disappearance, Senator Abaribe approached the court requesting to be discharged from the suretyship, bond and recognisance of his bail.

Ozekhome, however, believes invading Kanu’s residence has complicated the matter, saying Nigerians saw “when they (soldiers) penetrated the house.”

“We saw that that was the last time Nigerians saw Nnamdi Kanu in his house. That’s what you call the ‘doctrine of the last scene’. So going by the doctrine of last seen, and the doctrine of ‘res ipsa loquitur’, it means that the last time Nigerians saw Nnamdi Kanu was when he was in his home in Umuahia and the military invaded that home and he has not been seen since then,” he added.

On Senator Abaribe’s application, the lawyer said, “That is where section 171 of the administration of the Criminal Justice Act comes into play.”

“The section says a surety can go back to court and apply and say ‘hello sir, discharge me from my suretyship obligation, … I can no longer see the person that I stood surety for because that person, after the invasion of his home, I’ve not seen him. Abaribe in law will be entitled to ask the court for such prayers.”

“The question then comes; can you tell Senator Abaribe to produce a person that he cannot lay hands on? God forbid, let us assume Nnamdi Kanu was kidnapped and he’s in kidnappers’ den, can you call Abaribe and say ‘you must produce Nnamdi Kanu, even though we are aware that he’s in the kidnappers’ den?” he wondered.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by clevvermind(m): 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
prof12:

As ebi like say e pain well well, anyway just take three table spoon of sniper insecticide..
FVCK YOU!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by EternalTruths: 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
AyakaDunukofia:

Well, I don't join issues with intellectual midgets such as you; that can't make a grammatically correct sentence. Simpletons everywhere!

Channels Television
FG Should Have Awaited Legal Actions Against Kanu – Ozekhome
Akinola Ajibola
Updated October 17, 2017
3.5K28
FG Should Have Awaited Legal Actions Against Kanu, Not Invasion – Ozekhome
Mike Ozekhome
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr Mike Ozekhome, has faulted the purported invasion by troops of the residence of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.

This comes hours after the IPOB leader was absent in court after he was accused by the Federal Government of engaging in activities that pose threat to Nigeria’s sovereignty.

Reacting to the said invasion when he appeared on Channels Television’s Politics Today, Ozekhome said the government should have waited for the result of the legal actions taken against the IPOB leader and not resort to invading his residence by the military.

“Now assuming that Nnamdi Kanu has breached every single material particular of those bails, what is the answer? The answer is again through the judicial process,” he said on Tuesday.

“The Federal Government has already done the right thing through its lawyers that filed a motion before the same judge, Justice Binta Nyako, to say ‘my lord, Nnamdi Kanu has breached these bail conditions. The Federal Government should have waited for that legal process to accomplish rather than invade the home through the military.”

Kanu was arrested in 2015 and charged with 11 counts bordering on terrorism and treasonable felony.

Six of the charges, including that of terrorism were struck out in January 2017 and he was consequently granted bail with some conditions on April 25, 2017.

The Senator representing Abia South Senatorial District, Enyinaya Abaribe, and two others had volunteered as sureties for him.

In September 2017, the Nigerian Army started the second phase of its Operation Python Dance in the South East, after which there was a confrontation between soldiers and IPOB members in Abia State.

Following Kanu’s alleged disappearance, Senator Abaribe approached the court requesting to be discharged from the suretyship, bond and recognisance of his bail.

Ozekhome, however, believes invading Kanu’s residence has complicated the matter, saying Nigerians saw “when they (soldiers) penetrated the house.”

“We saw that that was the last time Nigerians saw Nnamdi Kanu in his house. That’s what you call the ‘doctrine of the last scene’. So going by the doctrine of last seen, and the doctrine of ‘res ipsa loquitur’, it means that the last time Nigerians saw Nnamdi Kanu was when he was in his home in Umuahia and the military invaded that home and he has not been seen since then,” he added.

On Senator Abaribe’s application, the lawyer said, “That is where section 171 of the administration of the Criminal Justice Act comes into play.”

“The section says a surety can go back to court and apply and say ‘hello sir, discharge me from my suretyship obligation, … I can no longer see the person that I stood surety for because that person, after the invasion of his home, I’ve not seen him. Abaribe in law will be entitled to ask the court for such prayers.”

“The question then comes; can you tell Senator Abaribe to produce a person that he cannot lay hands on? God forbid, let us assume Nnamdi Kanu was kidnapped and he’s in kidnappers’ den, can you call Abaribe and say ‘you must produce Nnamdi Kanu, even though we are aware that he’s in the kidnappers’ den?” he wondered.

Onatisi, hope you can see the point raised by the erudite lawyer and confirm that it corresponds with mine.

The Federal Government has lost this case in a competent court of jurisdiction.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by tsdarkside(m): 12:19am On Oct 24, 2017
EternalTruths:

You see why I opposed the cancelation of Post UTME exams.

Did the monkeys in uniforms obtain an arrest warrant before entering Kanu's house.?

the army need arrest warrant??...do you still remember that we are still at war...?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by ladychioma: 1:26am On Oct 24, 2017
[quote author=pauljumbo post=61683561]This government is so incompetent

Is it a abaribe that send python to his house [/quote
Ask Buhari
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by EternalTruths: 4:14am On Oct 24, 2017
tsdarkside:

the army need arrest warrant??...do you still remember that we are still at war...?

War with who.?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by nwabobo: 4:21am On Oct 24, 2017
brainpulse:
Its getting hot, I love it served hot grin little do this people know what they are dealing with. We have a professor and Senior SAN as a VP of the federation and Professor Sagay and etc . IPob is yet to see what has hit them.

Little did the senator know that the federal government had already approach the court when Kanu was flouting his bail conditions.

This is the joker......

Keep hallucinating. Little did your tiny brain know that Kanu's lawyer had filed an application for variation of the bail conditions as they violated his client's fundamental human rights and therefore the application of the FG was belated.

Just so you know, fundamental human rights are inalienable, neither Buhari nor the judge gives those rights and they can not take it away.

Now, go outside and play with your mates.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by nwabobo: 4:22am On Oct 24, 2017
brainpulse:
grin Cownu mad as Rochas called him yesterday will remain in self isolation and hiding for a long time, and when he is fed up he will by himself be forced to come out.

No 16 of 48 laws of power.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by tsdarkside(m): 9:06pm On Oct 24, 2017
EternalTruths:

War with who.?

sooo,you think we are not at war....everybody is making themselfs ready for the next world war and dou are here still dreaming......
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by Yareema22(m): 9:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
wordproof:
Nigeria Judiciary has long been conquered, only becos NJC failed to do its work...won't be surprised at any attempt to upturn and prejudice the truth.

The ineptitude of FG is so glaring for all to see, a regime of propaganda and Lies.
There claims are dead on arrival

frustration of bail is too easy an argument for Abariba's Lawyer to win.

First they whr not after NK...twas just a military parade n show of force, the military was just passing, yet parked in front of his house and killed innocent harmless people.

Second lie: the military was nowhere near NK house...yet so many video has made rounds disproving that.

Third lie: the military never invaded NK's home, yet they found fuel bombs and arms in his house.

Let FG produce NK and stop this cheap ploy to deceive the gullible.

PRODUCE NK NOW...COBY-FUL

see this idiot....post a video of the army shooting ipob members like you claim or shut the fvvk up.....when kanu flouted his bail conditions,the right thing for abaribe to do was to go to the court like the federal govt did,but he refused and he invariably abbetted the escape of NK and now he must face the full wrath of the law,he must forfeit his bond as a surety.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by Yareema22(m): 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
ipoblogic:
The Federal Government cannot win this case.

All Abaribe needs is a good lawyer.
why dont you offer him your legal services pro bono mr."good lawyer"....
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by Yareema22(m): 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2017
EternalTruths:

Product of Jamb new cut off mark of 120

Abaribe will tell the court about the military invasion and the court will summon the military.

i think you are the real product of the new jamb cut off mark....so for your mind abaribe will just tell the court that the army invaded NK's house and the court will let him walk free...sure you are ignorant of the law and certainly you are ignorant on how the court works.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by Yareema22(m): 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
DavidEsq:
Why FG dull like dis sef? The affidavit filed by the FG is grossly defective in law.
how is the affidavit defective?...if you think you know the law very well why dont you show in court on the next adjourned date and make an appearance as mr.Abaribe's counsel?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by DavidEsq(m): 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2017
Yareema22:
how is the affidavit defective?...if you think you know the law very well why dont you show in court on the next adjourned date and make an appearance as mr.Abaribe's counsel?
So dats how lawyers get to handle briefs abi? Something just comes to mind: the word Ozuo. It seems to interest me. I just don't know why.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by Yareema22(m): 1:02am On Oct 25, 2017
DavidEsq:

So dats how lawyers get to handle briefs abi? Something just comes to mind: the word Ozuo. It seems to interest me. I just don't know why.
shalom
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court by DavidEsq(m): 5:47am On Oct 25, 2017
Yareema22:
shalom
PS, TS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kidnapped Ekiti Pupils: Tramadol, Black Bullet, Milk, ₦15M Paid As Ransom / Amokachi, Super Eagles Players Present A Jersey To Emir Of Kano (Photos) / Tinubu Orders Manhunt For Plateau, Benue Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.