Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (49805 Views)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) / 4 Bedroom, 4.5 Baths Construction With Cost Breakdown / For Sale: Newly Built 20 Rooms Self-contain Hostel, With Borehole For N25M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by simplynace(m): 10:09am On Nov 14, 2017
saydfact:

Still very affordable..... But gradually increasing.... Less than 300k depending on location.

Thanks... Would contact you in due time
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2017
Are you in need of bamboo poles in large quantities for your building construction at an affordable price?

Look no further,contact
Ayo
Or
send a mail to
ayodeleolaniyi@gmail.com
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by ayinba1(f): 2:45am On Nov 18, 2017
saydfact:

Still very affordable..... But gradually increasing.... Less than 300k depending on location.

Hello OP, I am currently working on a project in Lagos around Badagry. I would like an estimate for your bore hole and septic tank and soakaway. I just want to use it to estimate how much I'll need for these
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 9:52am On Nov 18, 2017
ayinba1:

Hello OP, I am currently working on a project in Lagos around pedigree. I would like an estimate for your bore hole and septic tank and Spanaway. I just want to use it to Rahimat how much I'll need for these next steps.

Thanks
Email- ayinba@yahoo.com

Hi.... I pray the project gets completed successfully... Now back to your requests.

Bore Hole.... The bore hole coat depends on location, most time it's better to contract borehole jobs to pple in that locality offering that service.. . If you bring a professional borehole man from another locality.. He wld also meet his colleague in that region to ask questions.... So locate Sm1 there so you can have better assurance.

Septic tank and soak away - There is a link on my signature where I've explained how to calculate this... Please check it out... (the size of your septic and nature of soil cld be a varying factor)

Goodluck.....
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by ayinba1(f): 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
saydfact:

Hi.... I pray the project gets completed successfully... Now back to your requests.

Bore Hole.... The bore hole coat depends on location, most time it's better to contract borehole jobs to pple in that locality offering that service.. . If you bring a professional borehole man from another locality.. He wld also meet his colleague in that region to ask questions.... So locate Sm1 there so you can have better assurance.

Septic tank and soak away - There is a link on my signature where I've explained how to calculate this... Please check it out... (the size of your septic and nature of soil cld be a varying factor)

Goodluck.....

Thank you for your response I clicked on your signature to check the calculations. The area is around Okoafo off Lag -Badagry exp way. My initial post switched some words. I only wanted to estimate based on what figures you provide for me.
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2017
ayinba1:

Thank you for your response I clicked on your signature to check the calculations. The area is around Okoafo off Lag -Badagry exp way. My initial post switched some words. I only wanted to estimate based on what figures you provide for me.

Sent you a mail...
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by azimulthal: 8:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
Thank you very much OP, Saydfact.

I need to really appreciate you for this educating post. I learnt a lot from this. I joined Nairaland solely because of this beneficial post of yours tonight even thought I have been a guest visitors of NL since 2008. I never see the need considering the extent of name callings and abuse that I have been witnessing on this platform. Mature minds like you are not in abundance on NL. Please I'll need your Email address. About to start a construction project and I will like that we talk.

My Email is sulaimonabdulaziz1@gmail.com. Thanks bro.
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by azimulthal: 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2017

I need to really appreciate you for this educating post. I learnt a lot from this. I joined Nairaland solely because of this beneficial post of yours tonight even though I have been a guest visitor of NL since 2008. I never see the need to register considering the extent of name callings and abuse that I have been witnessing on this platform. Mature minds like you are not in abundance on NL. Please I'll need your Email address. About to start a construction project and I will like that we talk.

Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
azimulthal:

I need to really appreciate you for this educating post. I learnt a lot from this. I joined Nairaland solely because of this beneficial post of yours tonight even thought I have been a guest visitors of NL since 2008. I never see the need considering the extent of name callings and abuse that I have been witnessing on this platform. Mature minds like you are not in abundance on NL. Please I'll need your Email address. About to start a construction project and I will like that we talk.

Woah... I'm humbled to say the least..... I'll send you a mail, I guess u wld receive it b4 reading this reply... grin
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by tomsy2: 10:27am On Dec 23, 2017
Good morning Sir, Oga saydfact. I need some advice. My mum is looking at selling off a property because of some embarrassing financial issues. The property is located in a good government estate in Ibadan. It was allocated as a double plot 120/100 but roughly subdivided by us into two. Note that the subdivision has not been approved but we erected a dividing wall and the both sides have completed buildings on them. My family lives in one of the buildings. Now that the property is up for sale all the prospective buyers are wary of the issue of subdivision despite our assurances that it would be approved for them to get their own title. They would rather buy the whole.
We are contemplating selling the whole but afraid that after selling and settling the issues on ground the balance won't be enough to build another 3 bedroom bungalow for us to move into. We have offers for N22 million which is very low. A fair forced sale should be between N25m to N28m. Similar properties in the area have rejected N 30m offers.
If we could get N25m for it and she settles issues with N15m would the remaining N10m less agents commission build something small plus cost of land?
Please advice urgently. She's killing herself with HBP and my siblings and I are of the opinion that she should sell.
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
tomsy2:
Good morning Sir, Oga saydfact. I need some advice. My mum is looking at selling off a property because of some embarrassing financial issues. The property is located in a good government estate in Ibadan. It was allocated as a double plot 120/100 but roughly subdivided by us into two. Note that the subdivision has not been approved but we erected a dividing wall and the both sides have completed buildings on them. My family lives in one of the buildings. Now that the property is up for sale all the prospective buyers are wary of the issue of subdivision despite our assurances that it would be approved for them to get their own title. They would rather buy the whole.
We are contemplating selling the whole but afraid that after selling and settling the issues on ground the balance won't be enough to build another 3 bedroom bungalow for us to move into. We have offers for N22 million which is very low. A fair forced sale should be between N25m to N28m. Similar properties in the area have rejected N 30m offers.
If we could get N25m for it and she settles issues with N15m would the remaining N10m less agents commission build something small plus cost of land?
Please advice urgently. She's killing herself with HBP and my siblings and I are of the opinion that she should sell.

Hi,
10m would not be enough to get you a new land, and build back - ideally, yes 10 min might build you a decent 3 bedroom flat but realistically, it wont considering how developed that area has becomee....

I'll advice you wait a bit more for your buyer and ignore those trying to eject you out of your property stylishly.

WHY NOT GET ALL THE RELEVANT PAPERS FOR THE SUBDIVISION AND THEN SELL AFTERWARD (Cost of acquiring those papers can be added to the initial cost)

goodluck
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by tomsy2: 12:03am On Dec 24, 2017
saydfact:

Hi,
10m would not be enough to get you a new land, and build back - ideally, yes 10 min might build you a decent 3 bedroom flat but realistically, it wont considering how developed that area has become.

We are actually thinking of getting land in a cheaper area where N1m would be enough and build with the rest. It's the cost of building we are sceptical about with the present economic realities.

WHY NOT GET ALL THE RELEVANT PAPERS FOR THE SUBDIVISION AND THEN SELL AFTERWARD (Cost of acquiring those papers can be added to the initial cost)

The subdivision papers takes a minimum of 6 months to come through. The financial issues I spoke about can't wait that long and with mum having a current bp of 180/120 even with medication, I suppose neither can we. But we are willing to allow the buyer to hold on to the original allocation papers, even though that could carry some risk.

goodluck
I've modified your post with responses. Thanks for taking the time to respond Sir. I'm indebted.
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 7:01am On Dec 24, 2017
tomsy2:

I've modified your post with responses. Thanks for taking the time to respond Sir. I'm indebted.

YES, i expected you would get land in a cheaper region - if the money is managed well with a lot of discipline; good (you know how money is, once its in hand; diff things pop up)

why not as suggested let the buyer have the original documents - then invite a lawyer to draft an agreement that he holds the paper for xyz reasons and wld be required to to return them once his papers are ready.

Lastly - If all options fail - Follow your mind; when there is health, there is wealth..... HEALTH FIRST.

Thanks
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by folmus: 7:43am On Dec 25, 2017
Daboomb:

Below is a picture you supplied on page zero.

What do you call this sort of Piping?

Conduit or Surface Piping?

Again, you seem not to remember that "forces on a Building" are not just vertical?
They could be vertical, Horizontal and even sheer forces (that pull things apart)

The building elements themselves themselves (including weight of Blocks and Mortar, wood noggins and roofing sheets, e.t.c) all introduce different forces due to their weight, no matter how small (especially sheer forces) that can only be counter-balanced by adequate linking/chaining together.
And to think that because your ground is "Rock" therefore the building does not experience "ground forces" is like saying Earthquakes can NEVER occur where the ground is hard!
The Earth's crust is in continous motion and upheveal, that is a fact

Anyone who has done a little Physics would have encountered all these in a section called "Moment and Froces". (Basic level physics).

Most of us talking about adding pillars at specific points in thebuilding at looking at the "long-term" stability fo the building, not the short term.
Blocks wear and disintegrate over time, it is the concrete elements that last longer.

Anyway, what is done, is done.
We are not here to argue but to commend your work and encourage people like you even further.

Sometimes, I just want go do engineering when I see your comments cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by bvc(m): 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2018
Ready to paint your building?
- Get a free quotation that is proven to reduce cost
- Select from a variety of local and foreign paint products
- Locate certified painters around you for that impeccable finishing
- Get discounts for all paint purchases, just request for a coupon code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLNIgdTMRMM

www.expertpaintadvice.com.ng
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 5:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
Hi All,

Please follow my latest article here >> https://www.nairaland.com/4351676/choosing-right-foundation-project-type#65115752

also contact me for your design & 3ds job...

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 8:39am On Apr 14, 2018
japhethGold:

Great project. I will start mine next year in Jesus Name. Amen

Morning - Remember your plan, hope its in progress?
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by booz(m): 9:51am On Apr 28, 2018
saydfact:
This is one aspect where I expect everyone to save big on the building.

for a job of this size - Lintel works should have cost me about 250k - 300k

carpenter wld claim about 100k, welder wld get about 20k, and bricklayer shd also want close to 40k MINUS materials, transportation et all..

BUT I SPENT ONLY 14K for workmanship now do the maths ( 160K - 14K ) = 146K LABOUR ONLY SAVED.

How did I do it?

I went to the iron store, brought the iron and paid the guys about 5k to cut it to required sizes,

I got to site and got my employed labour to arrange the blocks as shown in pics below (offcourse you also save on numbers of reinforcement used)

For those who would query how strong it is - Iits stronger than the basic need of a lintel which is = (to bridge the space left by an opening)

We still had wood from our German floor and these came in handy

I had to explain to the labour how to cast the lintel and i paid him twice of what he wld have gotten as his day work with the bricklayer..

the result see PICS 4 showing how it was used..

Bros, considering the weights of the precast lintels and possibility of breaking, how did you get the up. Also, to be sure, it looks like you line the German floor with polythene, that should suffice for non-sticking, right?
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 9:19am On May 02, 2018
booz:

Bros, considering the weights of the precast lintels and possibility of breaking, how did you get the up. Also, to be sure, it looks like you line the German floor with polythene, that should suffice for non-sticking, right?

100mm thick precast isn't small - just allow it set well for about a week before lifting them and Yes, the polythene / cement bag is to prevent them sticking to the surface......

Goodluck
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by enyiulo: 12:45am On Oct 15, 2018
16rooms hotel how much will it cost to build it
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
enyiulo:
16rooms hotel how much will it cost to build it

you can only get an accurate response when their is a plan and location
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by Babs612000(m): 1:19am On Oct 28, 2018
saydfact:
Our wiring was done with Nigeria Cables.....

this is one product you cant compromise on - for whatever reason..

Dont just try it...
please like how much did you spend on the wiring only, if possible list of the wires.
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 7:04am On Oct 28, 2018
Babs612000:
please like how much did you spend on the wiring only, if possible list of the wires.

We did surface wiring so it wasn't expensive at all..... Conduit wiring are usually more expensive but I think we still spent close to 400k on tbaf... Including payment to PHCH, pole and related expenses.....

Thanks
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by Babs612000(m): 9:40am On Oct 29, 2018
saydfact:

We did surface wiring so it wasn't expensive at all..... Conduit wiring are usually more expensive but I think we still spent close to 400k on tbaf... Including payment to PHCH, pole and related expenses.....

Thanks
okay many thanks.
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2018
Happy new month to all our esteemed clients, more finances to your bank account this month and COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON.
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by buddie(m): 11:15am On Dec 18, 2018
Hello chief,
The precast lintel was done for all openings (windows and doors) alone?

No chain lintel done around the building either?

This your cast lintel design can't incorporate paraphet
Right?

How popular is this proposed lintel design, cos it would largely save a lot of cost really sha

saydfact:

100mm thick precast isn't small - just allow it set well for about a week before lifting them and Yes, the polythene / cement bag is to prevent them sticking to the surface......

Goodluck
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 6:13am On Dec 19, 2018
buddie:
Hello chief,
The precast lintel was done for all openings (windows and doors) alone?

No chain lintel done around the building either?

This your cast lintel design can't incorporate paraphet
Right?

How popular is this proposed lintel design, cos it would largely save a lot of cost really sha

LINTEL is a LINTEL sir - A bridge to allow you continue your blockwork - it can be done in wood, iron, concrete (our fathers used wood more)..

For Roof Parapet, you would be required to do a beam to tie all elements together.....

ON WHAT YOU REFERRED TO AS A CHAIN LINTEL - I call it A WASTE OF MONEY (my opinion).... if its a bungalow its a luxury not a necessity, if its a storey building its a waste because you wld have a beam..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by buddie(m): 7:56am On Dec 20, 2018
Ok now..Quite a number of builders on this forum also agree with what you said below really.

And again thank you.

saydfact:

LINTEL is a LINTEL sir - A bridge to allow you continue your blockwork - it can be done in wood, iron, concrete (our fathers used wood more)..

For Roof Parapet, you would be required to do a beam to tie all elements together.....

ON WHAT YOU REFERRED TO AS A CHAIN LINTEL - I call it A WASTE OF MONEY (my opinion).... if its a bungalow its a luxury not a necessity, if its a storey building its a waste because you wld have a beam..

Thanks
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by Larminess: 10:29am On Dec 20, 2018
saydfact:

Thanks
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by Omopasito: 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2018
@saydfact, Well-done. Can I get your mail address. Mine is theo_igwiro@yahoo.ca
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by saydfact(m): 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2019
Omopasito:
@saydfact, Well-done. Can I get your mail address. Mine is theo_igwiro@yahoo.ca

sorry i've been away to the moon and back
CADSOLUTIONS2009@GMAIL.COM

Thanks
Re: Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice by Olassab: 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
Great work, very detailed, please could you give me an estimate cost for foundation and concreting for a 2 bedroom bungalow, land is pretty much dry
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped / What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? / Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.