Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired (21929 Views)

Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? / I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! / Lady Narrates How She Was Called For An Interview But Was Given N800 To Leave (2) (3) (4)

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by bentlywills(m): 8:11am On Oct 25, 2017
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by wristbangle: 8:12am On Oct 25, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Hallelujah

This woman sef cheesy. Been employed 4 some yrs now. I just go to politics section to find trouble atimes. This is why it's not good to judge a book by its cover.
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Abeyjide: 8:12am On Oct 25, 2017
wristbangle:

cheesy cheesy This is quite common nowadays. I have actually been a victim of this situation where 4 people (which includes me) made it to final stage in a firm. 3guys and a lady. She is well endowed as she was first called in by the HR guy of which the interview lasted for an hour. Our own no pass 5 mins and the next day we got a regret mail.

I called the babe, she said she was asked to resume with immediate effect cheesy

Smile
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2017
[Buhari was breed out of lies and deceit, he has nothing to offer but lies and propaganda. It seems Nigerians has a penchant for liars.

Chai!!! RIP English
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by SAMBARRY: 8:13am On Oct 25, 2017
modelmike7:

Chai, POWER OF THE BOOBS!!!
you too attach boobs to your chest wink
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by DanielsParker(m): 8:14am On Oct 25, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I hold the view that the majority of Nigeria's interviewers and HRs are not smart enough to interview anyone or spot intelligence. Their judgements are mostly based on emotions. I hope they are reading this. lol

I think so too. I once attended an interview, the interviewer was asking me stupid questions like: "Do you smoke?" "Do you drink?". They were 4 in number, it seemed like they were all catching their fun. That was unprofessional and what baffled me the most is that it's one of the leading banks in Nigeria.

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 25, 2017
wristbangle:

This woman sef cheesy. Been employed 4 some yrs now. I just go to politics section to find trouble atimes. This is why it's not good to judge a book by its cover.
Read me more from your book of Lies
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by bettercreature(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I hold the view that the majority of Nigeria's interviewers and HRs are not smart enough to interview anyone or spot intelligence. Their judgements are mostly based on emotions. I hope they are reading this. lol
It's just like going for USA visa where introvert who had 1.2 billion in his account and has no reason to stay in USA was denied but a sharp guy with Ajegunles document was granted visa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by lavenjcrown(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2017
It is called grace.
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:19am On Oct 25, 2017
DanielsParker:

I think so too. I once attended an interview, the interviewer was asking me stupid questions like: "Do you smoke?" "Do you drink?". They were 4 in number, it seemed like they were all catching their fun. That was unprofessional and what baffled me the most is that it's one of the leading banks in Nigeria.
Lol. It is not funny though. That's what you get when the interview is just a formality.

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by tolexy007(m): 8:21am On Oct 25, 2017
most of Hausa's no dey Interview at all, but na dem full Federal gov job pass....
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:23am On Oct 25, 2017
bettercreature:
It's just like going for USA visa where introvert who had 1.2 billion in his account and has no reason to stay in USA was denied but a sharp guy with Ajegunles document was granted visa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol. That's not fair to everyone. From the interviewer, the company, the interviewee and the society. Everyone suffers.
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:23am On Oct 25, 2017
Well somethimes is not all about passing interviews but getting job well done............ I HATE NIGERIA!!!
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by 9japrof(m): 8:27am On Oct 25, 2017
Being a fine girl gives you an advantage, even at my working place, they have never rejected a fine girl who came for NYSC, they must find a way to squeeze her into the system. Na majorly wor wor girls and guys that are usually pushed out with silly excuses that they have met their absorption capacity. The next thing na to share this young innocent girls among the ogas at the top.

Since na federal agency, na to dey fork their toto they dangle federal job offer to their faces, who no want job for this tough economy of today grin

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Spreadout: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2017
We buy used batteries at competitive price.
Please be reminded that the batteries
we buy are to be recycled.
You may contact BIZBOOM RECYCLING NIG.
TEL=O7O88410361 .
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by romoruyi(m): 8:27am On Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm...
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by correctguy101(m): 8:36am On Oct 25, 2017
PastorandMentor :
Make I cry if I no marry fine girl. Thunder blast ugliness

We dey wait. To coman eat and drink and make merry.

But bro, shine ya eyes very well o, some of all these over fine girls barely have manners and rarely knows their way around the kitchen.
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by jibs4lv(m): 8:38am On Oct 25, 2017
wristbangle:

cheesy cheesy This is quite common nowadays. I have actually been a victim of this situation where 4 people (which includes me) made it to final stage in a firm. 3guys and a lady. She is well endowed as she was first called in by the HR guy of which the interview lasted for an hour. Our own no pass 5 mins and the next day we got a regret mail.

I called the babe, she said she was asked to resume with immediate effect cheesy
what did u expect, u got to an interview point and met a massive lady, as a man bro , pack well o bcox d rest na grace of God.
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by newoffer: 8:40am On Oct 25, 2017
some Telecom will employ u in as much u have big boobs and baddass.
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by asawanathegreat(m): 8:43am On Oct 25, 2017
Dis can happen in nigeria when u have ur Godfather as man but as a woman u need to submit ur body b4 employment.
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by SmartyPants(m): 8:52am On Oct 25, 2017
yeyerolling:
a friend went for an interview with one of those audit firms, he was bombarded with accounting questions wey he no sabi, d fine babe wey dem do interview togeda, dem just ask am about her course, hobbies, when she wan marry. d babe enter my guy got regret mail

This is why I do t understand when feminists say things like men have greater opportunities... For where??
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by anochuko01(m): 8:57am On Oct 25, 2017
13ShadesOfMay:
Should we call this God's favor or favor due to physical attraction/attributes
Esther's beauty took her to the King's presence.
Beauty/handsomeness is a gift/weapon from God o!
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Samunosuke(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how it's always females who get picked over guys and not the other way around. Interviewed for an NGO a few months back and a female was picked over me because "she tried to even get close and she is female so gender balancing in the IT dept because they're all guys there now". I'd never been so furious in my life. I wanted to go to glassdoor and rip the organization to shreds but held myself. Heard yesterday that that position's salary has been upgraded to over #500k from #350k. Imagine how I feel!

If this is how gender equality is going to be implemented, then I am FULLY against it and will ensure that when I get to a position of power in the future, I will do my best to crush it. No where in the world should a less qualified candidate be picked over a more qualified one. NO WHERE and yes, that includes majority Caucasian countries where I might benefit from this "positive discrimination" aka "affirmative action".

I put in a lot of work to get to the level of skill and knowledge I have attained and to see it all for naught due to not being the right (or should I say wrong) gender is infuriating. We don't see guys being pushed into traditionally female-dominated fields like nursing but because some fields are higher paying, we won't rest with one sided gender equality.

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Adexy4us(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2017
wristbangle:

U never can tell if her boobs would help in the growth of the company
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by tosyne2much(m): 9:55am On Oct 25, 2017
In this country, pretty ladies barely stay unemployed for five months even though they are only carrying mere certificates. Na the ugly ones dey get employment problem
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by manikspears: 10:53am On Oct 25, 2017
wristbangle:

You after she told you she has resumed

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by guiddoti: 11:30am On Oct 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
In this country, pretty ladies barely stay unemployed for five months even though they are only carrying mere certificates. Na the ugly ones dey get employment problem
I can't say No!
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
Trust me tosyn, many pretty ladies are out there jobless
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by GreatManBee: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nice.
wristbangle:
I culled this story from an hiring manager in LinkedIn which would inspire most especially the unemployed.

A Candidate didn't do well in the interview. I still HIRED her.

Here's why.

Generally at the end of an interview, the interviewer will ask the interviewee if he or she has any questions.

She asked these 3 questions to HR Manager. It was pitiful to see her struggling to answer them.

1. What are the company's growth plan and strategy for the next 5 years?

2. Why should I work for your organization?

3. What are the weaknesses of your company and how do you see this position contributing to strengthening those weaknesses?

The HR Manager wasn't impressed but as the hiring manager I had the final say. I ended up hiring her and she did rock the boat but she helped the team and me as a leader to grow.

Interviewing numerous candidates over the years has taught me:

*Sometimes the best employees don't make good first impressions.
*Acing an interview and performing on a job are two different things.
*Strong employees intimidate weak managers.

Do you agree?

Lalasticlala

Source: Brigette Hyacinth post on LinkedIn
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by tosyne2much(m): 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
Youcharia:

Trust me tosyn, many pretty ladies are out there jobless
Yes I know but for the pretty ones, their beauty attract jobs

You know most job employers are womanizers
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
Thats what we get when well-endowed girls go for an interview,
The guys suffer.
Guys just pray for more christian - like persons to be HRs or more females to be HRs so that the guys can get better chances.

For the guys when you are employed, and your madam or superviosr (female) seems to be harsh.
Beep me for the way forward. Theres a trick to have dem at your palms. Think of it. harsh madam turned favorite (secret) buddy at work

Which One Is Better, A 70K Private Job Or A 40K Government Job? / As A Proponent Of Anti Corruption, Will You Accept This Job? / OPEN JOB'S - December 2014