Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,000 members, 7,828,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% (54008 Views)

87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / 91% Of All Absconded Policemen Sent To Fight Boko Haram Are Christians - FFK / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by sarrki(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2017
post=61819220:

Anambra is fourth largest economy in Nigeria after Lagos, Rivers and Abuja, Anambra is also fourth in cash deposits by states in Nigeria according to five yrs cash deposits by states report published by NBS 2016, Anambra is second in commerce after Lagos, most indigenous industrialized state, leading in education also with lowest poverty rate in Nigeria. Minus Lagos home of all tribes east ranked higher than west in poverty index. Check your Ogun, Oyo and Ondo on the table. grin

Let's we your statistics

Not ranting on this thread

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by blackhinstan: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2017
achi4u:
Nwanne imagine that, Anambra that you hardly see any family that is not feeding well.

Those people dishing out this statistics should go home to home and cure their ignorance.

Dont Mind them.. apart of Ebonyi there is no state outside the south east that should not be amongst the 5 least in poverty rate
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Imo1stson: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
How recent is the studies?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
PrecisionFx:

So are u saying Oxford people didn't see the hunger IDP camps in osun grin grin grin.

U guys also don't tell them that Dangote, senators, wives of governors n some governors were rushing to osun wit food to dees people dying from starvation

There are no IDP camps in Osun, but Abia and Ebonyi states have IDPs. We wouldnt know that Eastern workers were being owed if Imo worker didnt start committing suicide. cheesy grin

Obi was recently sharing N200 in Anambra, If you see crowd! If you see fight! cheesy grin

Ebonyi is still regarded as an educationally unpreviledge state (ranking proudly among northern states). cheesy

Aba is undoubtedly the dirtiest town in Nigeria, while Onitsha was recently pronounced the most polluted city in the world by WHO. grin

WorldBank,UNDP,NBS, Oxford all say SW has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria, but shinedu from Ogbete market Enugu, wants us to believe other wise. cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Imo1stson: 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2017
Movic1:

From most Industrialized to most indigenous industrialized state in Nigeria ,LOL grin cheesy Once busted you guys will bring in another mumu statistics shocked

He's right even though he is a loser.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by blackhinstan: 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

There are no IDP camps in Osun, but Abia and Ebonyi states have IDPs. We wouldnt know that Eastern workers were being owed if Imo worker didnt start committing suicide. cheesy grin

Obi was recently sharing N200 in Anambra, If you see crowd! If you see fight! cheesy grin

Ebonyi is still regarded as an educationally unpreviledge state (ranking proudly among northern states). cheesy

Aba is undoubtedly the dirtiest town in Nigeria, while Onitsha was recently pronounced the most polluted city in the world by WHO. grin

WorldBank,UNDP,NBS, Oxford all say SW has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria, but shinedu from Ogbete market Enugu, wants us to believe other wise. cheesy

have you been to Biafra before?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by ENG1110: 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

Lol!!...Loud-mouthed,empty,shallow megalomanic simpletons with little to humanity having the time of their lives on my mentions this lovely friday afternoon......You lots reek of cases of mental issues scientists are yet to come up with..Its obvious

Cry to heavens and the earth,but the fact remains that statistics you throw around to massage your egos not worth the sands on earth are all in your minds like schizophrenic patients

Blablabla you single-handedly won the civil war,are the most formidable,the richest,the most intelligent,IGR more than the whole world put together ....yet any talk of dis integratiion lands you all in the hospital....Form your odua republic,for where....na to make empty noise all over the cyberspace like displaced birds on trees.

Your rants mean nothing cos you are nothning when left on your own....Take that to the bank or quench here....Its your call.

lmao
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by mudolak(m): 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

Normal SW propaganda 100%....I guess the fact that the Chinese are doing business in Nigeria means Nigeria is more developed than China undecided..Same way,Nigerians in Togo,Niger,Chad e.tc means these countries are richer than Nigeria..

Una matter tire person.

Una matter
those China in Nigeria they come investing wit there more bt igbo come sw wit empty hand just come to struggle lik Nigeria to go struggle in USA
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by mechanics(m): 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
sarrki:
Poverty rate in Osun is 10.9%, just behind Lagos 8.5%; ahead of all oil developing states. Lowest in the North is Kwara state with poverty rate of 23.7% and highest in the federation is Zamfara with 91.9%.

Source: Oxford Poverty And Human Development

http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/mpi/download_brief_files/NGA
nawa o.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Ofemannnu: 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
When i saw Osun behind Lagos and i know about Osun IDP i just

lol..it was a political gimmick by the pensioners in Osun state.Osun has no Idp camp like Igboland..

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/osun-pensioners-idp-camp-wicked-mischievous-joke-govt/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by MXrap: 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2017
post=61815796:

Anambrab is fourth largest economy in Nigeria after Lagos, Rivers and Abuja, most indigenous industrialized state in Nigeria,
Second in commerce after Lagos these are facts, most of you are ignorants, Osun edge Anambra on child mortality rate not poverty rate, on the table minus Lagos home for all tribes in Nigeria and foreigners southeast still beat west.

Whoever compiled the list spoilt it when he placed Osun State before Anambra and Ekiti before Rivers State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:12pm On Oct 27, 2017
ODVanguard:

X
Who cares what you and your likes think, politicians will come and go Anambra, light of the nation will remain, it's not my fault we gave African Olaudah Equiano 1st African to received western education, who also fought for abolishment of slave trade, it not my fault Anambra gave Nigeria Zik of Africa arrow head of Nigeria independence, not my fault Anambra gave Nigeria first richest man sir Louis Ojukwu first Nigeria stock exchange, how is it my fault same state produced 1st Nigeria President, 1st vice President and first Senate president, how is it my fault Anambra man was first black vc of University of Ibadan and Unilag? How can you explain to your people that Anambra upon having the highest cutoff points in Nigeria? The still produce highest number of those seeking admissions in Tertiary institutions, how can you explain to your kindred a state without seaport, airport even train station ranked 4th in Nigeria economy and with lowest in poverty index? I don't blame you, success attract envy, Western media machines are only deceiving their people, gov Obiano will come and go will still remain here, hate me I don't give a F.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by FlyoruB: 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

Abia IDP news cheesy
https://abacityblog.com/2017/08/we-already-have-idps-in-aba-just-like.html

Ebonyi IDP news:
http://www.newsbreakers.ng/ebonyi-idps-receive-relief-state-government/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by deomelo: 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
mascot87:
I can safely conclude from the comments of igbo people on this thread that majority of Igbo people have very low self esteem and they should not be taken seriously. They always think the South West are in competition with them but guess what, we South Westerners don't care about you guys. If you like, your region can be as beautiful and stable as USA, we don't care.

Igbo people, we are not in competition with you so stop crying like a baby

The ultimate truth.

Low self esteem, paranoia, hatred and bitterness against other people are their cultural and communal traits.

9 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by ODVanguard: 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2017
post=61821054:

Who cares what you and your likes think, politicians will come and go Anambra, light of the nation will remain, it's not my faulty we gave African Olaudah Equiano 1st African to received western education, who also fought for abolishment of slave trade, it not my fault Anambra gave Nigeria Zik of Africa arrow head of Nigeria independence, not my fault Anambra gave Nigeria first richest man sir Louis Ojukwu first Nigeria stock exchange, how is it my fault same state produced 1st Nigeria President, 1st vice President and first Senate president, how can you explain to your people that Anambra upon having the highest cutoff points in Nigeria, the still produce highest number of those seeking admissions in Tertiary institutions, how can you explain to your kindred a state without seaport, airport even train station ranked 4th in Nigeria economy and with lowest in poverty index, I don't blame you, success attract envy, Western media machines are only deceiving their people, gov Obiano will come and go will still remain here, hate me I don't give a F.

Yinmu. Story for the gods. Your problem is that you people from Anambra are trying too hard to project your state to be what it's not. Data upon data has shown that your state is nothing to be reckoned with in the comity of states within Nigeria, let alone in Africa. And this is in spite of the millions upon millions that Obiano has wasted on poor and hungry loafers like yourself who end up chopping his money all in the name of spreading propaganda. Even Peter Obi, an Anambra son of the soil, recently refuted all your propaganda about fake Rice, Yam, and Ugu exports and the likes that you lots have been inundating us with.

When Anambra attains a position of reckoning, you lots won't have to make so much noise about it the way you've been doing coz it will be glaring for all to see. Even the international media would take note. All this empty noises are just exposing you lots to ridicule. Una no need all this foolishness. That's just the truth. undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by seguno2: 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2017
Desyner:
And Aregbe say Osun people are too poor to pay tax. God help us in Nigeria.

Is that why he has been paying half salaries since forever
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by MXrap: 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nwanne just turapu the thread for them as we all know the truth. Like I said earlier this list would have made sense had it had Lagos 1st, Anambra 2nd, Rivers 3rd and goes like that.

Leave the thread for them, we all know the fact.

post=61821054:

Who cares what you and your likes think, politicians will come and go Anambra, light of the nation will remain, it's not my fault we gave African Olaudah Equiano 1st African to received western education, who also fought for abolishment of slave trade, it not my fault Anambra gave Nigeria Zik of Africa arrow head of Nigeria independence, not my fault Anambra gave Nigeria first richest man sir Louis Ojukwu first Nigeria stock exchange, how is it my fault same state produced 1st Nigeria President, 1st vice President and first Senate president, how can you explain to your people that Anambra upon having the highest cutoff points in Nigeria, the still produce highest number of those seeking admissions in Tertiary institutions, how can you explain to your kindred a state without seaport, airport even train station ranked 4th in Nigeria economy and with lowest in poverty index, I don't blame you, success attract envy, Western media machines are only deceiving their people, gov Obiano will come and go will still remain here, hate me I don't give a F.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Ofemannnu: 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
There is only one undisputable truth in this epistle.. Yes,Azikiwe was the first pioneer ass licker in Nigeria and all Igbos licked Hausa Fulani ass.es for 54 years..phewww.The remainders are the dreams that even ojuku is still dreaming as we speak [/quotes]
[quote author= post=61821054]
Who cares what you and your likes think, politicians will come and go Anambra, light of the nation will remain, it's not my faulty we gave African Olaudah Equiano 1st African to received western education, who also fought for abolishment of slave trade, it not my fault Anambra gave Nigeria Zik of Africa arrow head of Nigeria independence, not my fault Anambra gave Nigeria first richest man sir Louis Ojukwu first Nigeria stock exchange, how is it my fault same state produced 1st Nigeria President, 1st vice President and first Senate president, how can you explain to your people that Anambra upon having the highest cutoff points in Nigeria, the still produce highest number of those seeking admissions in Tertiary institutions, how can you explain to your kindred a state without seaport, airport even train station ranked 4th in Nigeria economy and with lowest in poverty index, I don't blame you, success attract envy, Western media machines are only deceiving their people, gov Obiano will come and go An am brassy son will still remain here, hate me I don't give a F.[/quotes]
[/quotes]

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Ofemannnu: 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Desyner: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
seguno2:

Ask a Nairalander called mapet, he works directly with Aregbesola.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
ODVanguard
Who cares what you and your likes think, politicians will come and go Anambra, light of the nation will remain, it's not my fault we gave African Olaudah Equiano 1st African to received western education, who also fought for abolishment of slave trade, it not my fault Anambra gave Nigeria Zik of Africa arrow head of Nigeria independence, not my fault Anambra gave Nigeria first richest man sir Louis Ojukwu first Nigeria stock exchange president, how is it my fault same state produced 1st Nigeria President, 1st vice President and first Senate president, how is it my fault Anambra man was first black vc of University of Ibadan and Unilag? How can you explain to your people that Anambra upon having the highest cutoff points in Nigeria, they still produces highest numbers of those seeking admissions in tertiary institutions, how can you explain to your kindred a state without seaport, airport even train station ranked 4th in Nigeria economy and with lowest in poverty index? I don't blame you, success attract envy, Western media machines are only deceiving their people, gov Obiano will come and go will still remain here, hate me I don't give a F.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by smscruize(m): 1:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
We have a comprehensive database of valid and active Nigerian Phone Numbers sorted and
classified into state by state and each state's Mobile number collection is further grouped
by their local Government (LGA). Our list makes it easier for your
targeted location-based campaigns, advertisements and mobile marketing activities in a
cost effective way. We can also assist you in sending Bulk SMS to your targeted Nigerian
audience through our reliable SMS gateway.

Nationwide database: N40000
State database: N10000
LGA: N4000

Price Negotiable

www.smscruize.com
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by deomelo: 1:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
seguno2:

Anambra workers demand full implementation

In Anambra State, immediate past government of Peter Obi, instead of implementing the N18.000 minimum wage, just added N10,000 and just recently, the incumbent governor merely effected a15 percent increment to the workers’ salaries which still fell short of the N18.000 minimum wage. State Chairman of NLC, Patrick Obianyo, who spoke against the backdrop of inability of the state government to give the state workforce a 100 percent minimum wage, however stated that the recent 15 percent increase in workers’ salaries was a welcome devel“

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/minimum-wage-governors-discriminate-against-lg-workers-teachers/

Keep quiet abeg.

Anambra is not and can not even afford to pay full N18,000 minimum wage.

Anambra is a poor and wretched salary only state and even the salary they can not pay in full

Poor losers... grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by 7lives: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2017
samsobo24:
The rate of civilization or Development in States like Lagos,Ogun,Oyo is enough to reduce poverty rate in the SW.
This mentioned state are among the Greatest Economic power house of Nigeria

You are rubbing salt on their already injured ego.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by MXrap: 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
deomelo:

Keep quiet abeg.
Anambra is not and can not even afford to pay full N18,000 minimum wage. nambra is a poor and wretched salary only state and even the salary they can not pay in ful
Poor losers... grin

Ekoile get a life for once and face your rural state of Osun.

**Anambra is already targeting 50k minimum wage. Even the recent increment by Obiano may have landed Anambra's minimum wage to about 20-22k..

Mr Jerry Nnubia, the Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) in Anambra , says that the current minimum wage being earned by workers should be increased to N50,000 monthly from its present N18,000.

Nnubia told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday in Awka, capital of Anambra, that the increment became imperative following the “harsh” economic realities in the country.

Nnubia said that the minimum wage was long overdue for an upward review.

“At the time we negotiated for a minimum wage of N18, 000, a dollar was exchanging for N140, but a dollar exchanges for between N220 and N240 now.

“The cost of living; accommodation, transportation and food items has also gone high, making it difficult for salary earners to take care of their basic needs,” he said.

NAN also reports that the Association of Senior Civil Servants last month also demanded a minimum wage of N46, 000 for workers.

Its Secretary-General, Mr. Bashir Lawal, in Lagos State, said that the existing N18, 000 minimum wage could not meet the socio-economic demands of workers.

According to Nnubia, the Federal Government’s fight against corruption will further help to improve the economy.

He urged the Federal Government to review its housing policy for workers, noting that civil servants had not benefitted from the existing housing scheme despite their monthly contributions to the scheme.

“The current contributions of workers to the national housing scheme should be made to work,” he said.

He commended Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra for his positive dispositions towards workers’ welfare, but noted that more still needed to be done in the state.

“Anambra workers are full of expectations that Obiano will put smiles on their faces by fulfilling his promises of increasing salaries,” the unionist said.

http://www.naijaurban.com/nlc-chairman-wants-minimum-wage-increased-to-n50000/

http://freedomonline.com.ng/nlc-chairman-wants-minimum-wage-increased-to-n50000-monthly/

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by 7lives: 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
Godfullsam:

You have traveled to all sw. Why traveling upandan if your region is as good as you claimed undecided

I honestly cant imagine myself traveling to the south eastern god-forsaken region. For what?!

We dont go out of our region because we are comfortable with what we have, unlike you guys...

As in, if I wan wander, na to enter evil forest?.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by deomelo: 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
Desyner:
Ask a Nairalander called mapet, he works directly with Aregbesola.

And who do you work for since you go from thread to thread crying over Osun state and Aregbeshola 24/7 instead of your worthless, unproductive and project-less SE governors?

Argbeshola and Osun state delivered more projects than all your useless SE states combined?

Abi would you like to show us what they commissioned in Eboyin, Enugu, Abia, in Anambra apart from the substandard village flyover?

Again, the fact that you people cry over Osun states mean you admire Osun, you are jealous of Osun and Aregbe's achievements intimidates you because I don't get the silly fixation on Osun state while your own useless states rots away with zero development.

6 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
deomelo:

grin
Success attract envy especially from a son born out of hatred, I wonder how Anambra is not paying 18000 and no politician during this election is not talking about it grin I wonder what was the last price of Osun on OLX?

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Blue3k(m): 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2017
chukkystar:
BioYou don't have to be so Tribalistic u know

What's Tribalistic about my comment? I didn't say anything prejudicious about anyone or even mention a tribe. I simply said people on this thread from certain place are being cry babies which is evident. If you want to see real tribalistic comments I'll show you.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Smoothie01(f): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
True that

Lagos is expected to top the list....

states surrounding Lagos are equally expected to get a feel of the wealth... undecided

This data is showing the poverty rate in the said states(which includes non indigenes )...and not just indigenes ....Online warriors take note
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by deomelo: 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2017
MXrap:

Ekoile get a life for once and face your rural state of Osun.

Look at this loser posting rubbish. Not according to NLC, obiano is not paying full 18k minimum wage.

Anambra state's budget is poor and wretched N110 billion, that pocket money can not pay full salary, it can not build any meaningful infrastructure and this is why that poor region can not commission any project.

Can you show us what they commissioned in the entire SE since 1999. No you can not. grin grin

ipob losers. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Bala Mohammed Attends Crowded Juma'at Setrvice After Recovering From Coronavirus / Azubuike Ekwegbalu Is Dead: Governor Obiano's Aide Killed By Unknown Men (Photo) / Panic Hits Lagos Posh Areas, As Bandits Kidnap 6 In 24 Hrs - Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.