Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% (53989 Views)

87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / 91% Of All Absconded Policemen Sent To Fight Boko Haram Are Christians - FFK / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by scholes0(m): 10:03am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

Normal SW propaganda 100%....I guess the fact that the Chinese are doing business in Nigeria means Nigeria is more developed than China undecided..Same way,Nigerians in Togo,Niger,Chad e.tc means these countries are richer than Nigeria..

Una matter tire person.

Una matter

Chinese do business here, not bring their entire generation over to live here their whole lives here, marry here, die here and some getting buried here.

Besides, the major reason Chinese are in Africa is to compete with the West and expand their Global influence, not really for the profit because the truth is that china gives out nore money in loans to africans than they get back via petty businesses!

Besides how many chinese are in Nigeria compared to china’s 1.3billion people?

Now conpare the number of Igbos in SW to those remaining there and spot the difference.

Some of you people reason like people with IQ in the low 70s

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by samsam2019: 10:03am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

The population of Igbos in Sw should be more than Chinese in Nigeria,same way the popoulatiin if Yorubas in SE is mite than the Chinese in Nigera because we are still one Nigeria the last time i checked..Any intelligent person should know that,besides that was not your initial line of arguements when you came up with your analogy...

..You can come back with this line of arguement when this country dis-integrates and you still have the same amount of Igbos n SW and Lagos inspite of having our own viable airports sea-ports..

See you then.
if you had actually read my reply you would know I compared the population of igbos in MY AREA ALONE to the population of Chinese I'm the whole of Nigeria.

That said, you and I know Yoruba people have no reason to troop into igbo land. The same reason British people wouldn't troop into Nigeria. We don't flood your land because ours is indeed 10× better

Havingbsaud that. I don't support one Nigeria. Nigeria is an evil marriage that needs an emergency divorce for each region to flourish individually.

Sea ports or no sea ports, South West is still better than South East. Both in infrastructure and industrial presence.

Excuses are for failures.

16 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Blue3k(m): 10:06am On Oct 27, 2017
safarigirl:
you should know that statistics are never a true reflection of the state of things

For instance, Statistics show that South Africa has the Highest HIV prevalence in Africa, however, there is a higher number of HIV positive people in Nigeria than in SA, what does that tell you about all these statistics and tricky percentages?

I have gone through Anambra and I have gone through Osun. Based on facts on ground and not facts on a piece of paper after random selection, Anambra is doing much better than Osun as far as living standards.

Statistics are a farce

Elementary statistics you're confusing. How do you not understand difference between absolute numbers and rate? You HIV comment exposes you. There's nothing tricky about arithmetic probably after age 9.

Thanks for your opinion but this a multidimensional study based on variety of factors. You can always go back in system adjust values. which catagory are they doing better. They gave their Stats present your instead of platitudes. Look at weighted average and tell me where they went wrong.

You guys cry every year over Anambra. It's too hilarious. Stats suddenly become fake because .3% difference bothers you.

15 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Ngokafor(f): 10:07am On Oct 27, 2017
samsam2019:
if you had actually read my reply you would know I compared the population of igbos in MY AREA ALONE to the population of Chinese I'm the whole of Nigeria.

That said, you and I know Yoruba people have no reason to troop into igbo land. The same reason British people wouldn't troop into Nigeria. We don't flood your land because ours is indeed 10× better

Havingbsaud that. I don't support one Nigeria. Nigeria is an evil marriage that needs an emergency divorce for each region to flourish individually.

Sea ports or no sea ports, South West is still better than South East. Both in infrastructure and industrial presence.

Excuses are for failures.

Beer-parlour gists,i cant even deal,fter all said and done..Yorubas are the biggest antagonists of dis-integration till tomorrow...Your internet talks means nothing..

bye.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by SIRTee15: 10:08am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

Economic migrants whose tax you live and salivate on??...Literacy fall on you.

Oh really....
Then we can assume Dubai, UK n USA salivate on taxes paid by Nigerians n indians economic migrants living in their country...
Italians too should be grateful to our naija ashewos....
So much for nigerian educational system ...
undecided

15 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 27, 2017
Movic1:

Fourth Largest Economy?
Second in commerce?
Most industrialized?
No wonder people don't take you serious with your bear palour stats!
Abi oh!
"Pull out stats", they resort to insults like that she-male bleating up and down on this thread.
Silly people.

10 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:20am On Oct 27, 2017
Movic1:

Fourth Largest Economy?
Second in commerce?
Most industrialized?
No wonder people don't take you serious with your bear palour stats!
Anambrab is fourth largest economy in Nigeria after Lagos, Rivers and Abuja, most indigenous industrialized state in Nigeria,
Second in commerce after Lagos these are facts, most of you are ignorants, Osun edge Anambra on child mortality rate not poverty rate, on the table minus Lagos home for all tribes in Nigeria and foreigners southeast still beat west.

5 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by asunmoGGMU(m): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

Oh dear,here we go with lamentations 101 from small minds of little value..What has my 'frustrations' got to do with your existence or lack of??..a siimple opinion has got you lots into an overdrive of emotions best known to you...Crying about hatred and frustrations like same cant be said of your kith and kins on this forum.

Please, you have 'ended' the discussion prematurely. Against that, kindly stay off my mention. Thanks!

10 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by samsam2019: 10:30am On Oct 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

Beer-parlour gists,i cant even deal,fter all said and done..Yorubas are the biggest antagonists of dis-integration till tomorrow...Your internet talks means nothing..

bye.
LOL grin grin

When they run out of logical arguments they resort to insults.

Ok. I get it. Yorubas are holding you against your will abi? I also understand it was Yoruba people who put gun on South East governors head to denounce nnamdi kanu and biafra

Yoruba people forced Bianca ojukwu to accept the ambassadorial post.

Yoruba people forced ojukwu to return to Nigeria and even run for Nigeria's presidency and lost woefully and shamefully.

Yoruba people did not vote for ojukwu when he contested senatorial seat and Yoruba people( igbo) did not vote for him.

Yoruba people hijacked ojukwu manhood and corpse and then wrapped the flag of Nigeria on his coffin and also buried him with the Nigerian flag

The earlier you realise you have been scammed by your leaders with biafra the better for your sanity. nnamdi kanu took money from igbo people and today he's ran away with his wife safely tucked in UK.

How can I forget how Yoruba also sold the (worthless and useless) biafra passport to the igbos. A passport that can help you enter ordinary canoe enter gbana

Accept your leaders scammed you with biafra. Leave Yoruba out of your misery

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Great4God: 10:33am On Oct 27, 2017
Movic1:

Oga! U guys like shouting marginalization , the research was conducted by Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) here's their website www.ophi.org.uk! What's so special in Anambra that people there won't be poor? Poor people dey London sef! U guys just don't like hearing Good thing abt Osun that you think all your eastern state are far better than in everything.

A simple download would have cure your ignorance!

How do you define poverty, have you been to Anambra state before, I can categorically tell you that poverty has been defeated in Anambra state, that is one state that looks like where every family is living confortably, Anambra people are not struggling for basic things in life, their eyes are on bigger stuffs, so it baffles me how this research was conducted

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Goke7: 10:36am On Oct 27, 2017
senatordave1:
As a neutral person,i think standard of living or poverty rate is not measured by the number of millionaires and billionaires a state has or how commercialized or developed the state is but how the common man is faring.the wealth in anambra is concentrated in their wealthy ones but in osun,it is dispersed to almost everyone.the poor in anambra are worse off than those in osun.the gap between the rich and poor in osun is lower than that of anambra.if we say osun is an idp camp,just last week peter obi was distributing 1000 naira notes.

I served in osun state and I was told that their folks in the diaspora sends money regularly to their kits and kin back in osun, reason you will not see many companies in osun yet many folks are thriving, if the way aregbe owed salaries in osun is the way many other states were owing salaries, mhen na die o, but the remission from the diaspora looks like a mitigation factor for many osun people. Back then in osun I often wonder why shop owners wait till around 10 am to open and before 6pm they are closing until I learnt about the diaspora funds that flow well into osun. mhen i give those people respect o

9 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:38am On Oct 27, 2017
Great4God:

How do you define poverty, have you been to Anambra state before, I can categorically tell you that poverty has been defeated in Anambra state, that is one state that looks like where every family is living confortably, Anambra people are not struggling for basic things in life, their eyes are on bigger stuffs, so it baffles me how this research was conducted
According to them Osun edge Anambra on child mortality rate, that's reason they are above Anambra not on poverty level.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Goke7: 10:39am On Oct 27, 2017
Great4God:

Anambra is doing well, fine but many other states are also doing well and better. The problem is that you folks depend too much on nairaland for your information. Do more research and know for yourself.

10 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Blue3k(m): 10:42am On Oct 27, 2017
post=61815796:

Anambrab is fourth largest economy in Nigeria
Most indigenous industrialized state in Nigeria
Second in commerce after Lagos this is fact, most of you are ignorants, Osun edge Anambra on child mortality rate not poverty rate, on the table minus Lagos home for all tribes in Nigeria and foreigners southeast still beat west.

Child mortality isn't part of poverty rate? You do understand this is multinational poverty evaluator. That's why school attendance also included. I'm pretty sure you didn't read the study yourself.

What about the othe stats in your face. Osun has lower rates of severe poverty rate at 1.5 vs Anambra 2.7. Lower destitute at 1.9 vs 3.1. The only thing Anambra had over osun was lower vulnerability to poverty 19.1 vs osun 22.1. The excuses at end about Lagos doesn't change anything.

The fourth largest economy claim wasn't confirmed with reliable data. What is the GDP for 2016 for Anambra? NBS never claimed that. Even source being central bank couldn't guarantee it. Last time I checked ogun actually took over industrial state.

9 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by uglyafonja: 10:48am On Oct 27, 2017
stanluiz:
cc fko81 beberebe uglyafonja
hello
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 10:48am On Oct 27, 2017
Useless statistics grin afonjas are mad my village nnewi is richer than all those dirty brown roof short put states talkless of the whole anambra state mad people shove ur statistics down skull mining and ewedu gobbling ass
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by GoldNiagara(m): 10:48am On Oct 27, 2017
samsobo24:
But Ibos why do you hate the SW so much.It was not conducted by a Nigerian firm.Learn to tolerate others in peace

You see them, jealousy and morbid fear of the Yoruba has always been an IBO man undoing.

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by GoldNiagara(m): 10:50am On Oct 27, 2017
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
Useless statistics grin afonjas are mad my village nnewi is richer than all those dirty brown roof short put states talkless of the whole anambra state mad people shove ur statistics down skull mining and ewedu gobbling ass

Na so! Nnewi ko mbaise ni., poor people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by madridsta007(m): 10:51am On Oct 27, 2017
Blue3k:

Wish you would stop being crybaby like every other set of people but it must be cultural. Did I not just speak on north but nobody from there is crying like you folks do.

Lol. It’s becoming an unhealthy obsession, bro, robbing you of crucial intellectualism you would have hitherto, possibly brought. It was an informative statistics by a foriegn body, attributed to no particular Nigerian region— isn’t it possible for you to analyse numbers without recourse to inanities?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Goke7: 10:51am On Oct 27, 2017
ab11baddo:
Oh my God!!!! My people from d other side of d Niger.... I came to this thread knowing fully well... They will chest-beat about how their region is a paradise..... U guys have this utopic sense about urself.... Keep living in your delusion alright, no point in arguing... I stay in Lagos and in osun... N I can tell u... This people feed better than most lagosians....good electricity, water, health care system ..what else do they want ?? They are predominantly farmers ...they cater for their family just enough... I tire for una

I served there so I can testify, when I was in osun, I don't need to iron pressed all my clothes at once because there will always be light when am about to go anywhere. am surprised with my se folks here cos when I was in osun, many se folks that were corpers confessed to me how food was so cheap compared to what obtains in their states in the east. I knew lots of corpers from the se who never left osun after service year.

I just laughed when I read comments here on nairaland, so misleading and funny grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Alexis11: 10:53am On Oct 27, 2017
ab11baddo:
Oh my God!!!! My people from d other side of d Niger.... I came to this thread knowing fully well... They will chest-beat about how their region is a paradise..... U guys have this utopic sense about urself.... Keep living in your delusion alright, no point in arguing... I stay in Lagos and in osun... N I can tell u... This people feed better than most lagosians....good electricity, water, health care system ..what else do they want ?? They are predominantly farmers ...they cater for their family just enough... I tire for una

Plus Osun is the only state where you can have uninterrupted power supply for 5 straight days in Nigeria.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Goke7: 10:56am On Oct 27, 2017
Sammy07:
Honestly, I have arrived at this conclusions.
Judging from the comments..

1. Igbo people are the most hateful tribe in Nigeria...

2. Igbo people always disagree with whatever that does not suit them.

Before I used to fight for some igbos over Yorubas here in my state..
I can now see why Hausas hate igbos very much, and I can see that igbos will never get a president in this Nigeria if they continue with their hating..

If nah waec result them post, and imo or anambra state is leading, they will be happy..

but whatever that doesn't suit them, they won't be happy..

Its called Identity crisis! that is the problem they have. Your identity is not defined by what others are or have but who you really are. Our SE folks need to stand up to their identity. They are not inferior to anybody or superior to anybody, that's what they don't understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by samsobo24(m): 10:58am On Oct 27, 2017
GoldNiagara:

You see them, jealousy and morbid fear of the Yoruba has always been an IBO man undoing.
Talk of industrialization
Economic prosperity
Education
Civilization
Cities
Now poverty level.
Why can't they leave the Yoruba region and be themselves for once

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by shaddoww: 10:58am On Oct 27, 2017
Can u just imagine how it's so difficult for this guys to comprehend this simple statistics. This is a research based on the evenly distribution of wealth. Forget what u read online, travel round and u will get to understand what dis statistics is saying. In Osun, even people in d remotest villages can afford to send children to universities paying up to 100k, almost all towns av a major market. You might be thinking that cos d state government is owing salaries den it means there must b poverty, but dat isn't d case, cos the civil servants are just abt 35% of d working population. Unlike Anambra dat has very rich sons n daughters outside d states, Osun has lots of business men n woman including traders, doing business everywhere but still based in Osun.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Blue3k(m): 11:00am On Oct 27, 2017
madridsta007:

Lol. It’s becoming an unhealthy obsession, bro, robbing you of crucial intellectualism you would have hitherto, possibly brought. It was an informative statistics by a foriegn body, attributed to no particular Nigerian region— isn’t it possible for you to analyse numbers without recourse to inanities?

Yawn you're still whining. Was I lying you don't see all the salty comments or are you turning your blind eye to it. Do they not react same way last year. No northern person has cried about comments yet. Them crying the stats are fake isn't inane but me calling them out is. That's some brilliant logic you got. This comeback was weak on all levels.

I already pointed out facts regarding north. I'm only one that noticed yobe was missing aswell. Lol next year you guys will cry more if any state is ahead of Anambra. If Anambra is second to Lagos you guys will forget you called these statsites fake 2 years in a row.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by samsobo24(m): 11:00am On Oct 27, 2017
Alexis11:

Plus Osun is the only state where you can have uninterrupted power supply for 5 straight days in Nigeria.
The Governor is one of the few Governors really investing in Education with State of the art schools and learning Environment.
The schools are world standard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by Alexis11: 11:01am On Oct 27, 2017
senatordave1:
As a neutral person,i think standard of living or poverty rate is not measured by the number of millionaires and billionaires a state has or how commercialized or developed the state is but how the common man is faring.the wealth in anambra is concentrated in their wealthy ones but in osun,it is dispersed to almost everyone.the poor in anambra are worse off than those in osun.the gap between the rich and poor in osun is lower than that of anambra.if we say osun is an idp camp,just last week peter obi was distributing 1000 naira notes.

Some persons don't even know that the half salary Aregbe is paying is for the senior staff, the junior staff are collecting their full salary. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by samsobo24(m): 11:03am On Oct 27, 2017
Blue3k:

Yawn you're still whining. Was I lying you don't see all the salty comments or are you turning your blind eye to it. Do they not react same way last year. No northern person has cried about comments yet. Them crying the stats are fake isn't inane but me calling them out is. That's some brilliant logic you got. This comeback was weak on all levels.

I already pointed out facts regarding north. I'm only one that noticed yobe was missing aswell. Lol next you you guys will cry more if any state is aahead of Anambra. If Anambra second to Lagos you guys will forget you called these statsites fake 2 years in a row.

Trust me,some IBOs are putting Anambra before Almighty Lagos self

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by ENG1110: 11:05am On Oct 27, 2017
Blue3k:

Basic classes that should taught in school should be statistics, economics and government. It seems people can't examine these numbers critically to save their lives. The fact the girl you talk to doesn't understand difference between absolute vs percentage is an issue a graduate shouldn't have. You learn this in arithmetic probability.

It is really a big shame, and she is probably a graduate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% by sarrki(m): 11:05am On Oct 27, 2017
samsobo24:
Trust me,some IBOs are putting Anambra before Almighty Lagos self

They lack knowledge and wisdom

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Military Raids Tompolo's Home In Oporoza, Delta State / Ebonyi Women Protest Topless In Front Of Government House Over Sons' Arrest / Farmer Dies In Ibadan After Fulani Herdsmen Set His Cashew Farm Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.