Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED (38670 Views)

Another Peter Obi Lie Busted. Twitter User Exposes Him And His Lie. / Peter Obis Lie Busted About His ICT Involvement In Anambra. Pic / "Lai Mohammed's Big Lie Busted" - By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by fregeneh(m): 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2022
@Aribisala god will bless you abundantly for this yoo mans job

5 Likes

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by omonnakoda: 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2023
This resonates with the currency change today
Ojukwu printed Biafra notes and got his people to exchange for their Nigerian notes.He used their money to fund his war and when he lost he fled leaving his people carrying worthless Biafra notes
The Nigerian government generously exchanged their worthless Biafra notes for Twenty pounds of Nigerian money
Many told their children lies that their money was seized
Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by omonnakoda: 2:28pm On Feb 09, 2023
marsman:
The lie was truly busted. Hahahaha. I Can see family men running from Kaduna to Enugu with buckets of shame grin
Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by omonnakoda: 11:35am On Mar 26, 2023
Akanbiedu:
What Seun tried to do here is exactly what Awolowo did with the 20pounds policy. We all know how that panned out.

Now I see videos flying around abusing Seun and Yoruba people. I am guessing, some years from now Seun will be accused of causing ethnic fight between Yoruba and Igbo in Lagos.

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by Gajagojo: 7:47am On Aug 12, 2023
adelee777:
Sir, no disrespect here. One of the best ways of wasting your time is to try and reason with Ibos.
Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by Perfectbeing(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2023
JUSTICE4Nigeria:
propaganda at it best, igbo been business men have so much money in the bank before the war, after the war, whether u have equivalent or more than the aforementioned u will be given 20pounds just like given every igbo 20naira after all they have save in Nigeria bank, awolOwo took THE balance to buy shares in different company, due to they didn't laboured for it yorubas squandered the fund,
Stop the lies. Before the Igbos left to the SE for their project Biafra, most of them withdrew all the money in the bank and left to exchange for Boards currency. So should they give them another money again after the war?

Also, during the war, lots of banks were destroyed, with their records along with them. It's Igbos that had money in bank then but could not prove how much they had that were given £20 irrespective of if it was more or less.
There were lots of Igbos that received all the money they had in the bank when they came with proof.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by Gajagojo: 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2023
Wow!! So this twenty pounds story is a lie.
These people are very deceptive
See how it has been demolished like illegal structure on canal way
Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by Gajagojo: 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2023
aribisala0:

My issue is of the millions of Eboes from that time till today

NO ONE has brought out a passbook of an uncle, father or grandfather
NOT EVEN ONE ? Haba!!

So did Nigeria pass a law or how exactly did it happen
Even today if government freezes account it must be by some law or court order.
Barclays was a British bank it could not have acted without a decree or government instruction
You are telling us this was not recorded in any newspaper

It is hard to accept that a story you have believed all your life is a lie but that is exactly what it is
So my mind is open to evidence. The reality is there is no evidence ANYWHERE that the Nigerian State seized the money of Eboes

So what happened to the money of Ibibios,Efik, Ikwerre, etc
The Eboe narrative of
They seized our money and gave us twenty pounds now look at us are we not great is just a psychological device to manage the trauma of the war and make you feel better about yourselves
Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 5:07am On Dec 30, 2023
toneroforever:
I mean no disrespect,but I doubt how many tribes that can rise from the ashes if they go through what the Igbos were subjected to during the civil war & still go through afterwards(covertly/overtly) .
My point is that the war was terrible & painful. Nobody should wish that on his enemy. Let's sincerely heal from those bitter memories and put them behind us.
The Japanese were nuked . Germany was destroyed . A lot more Hutus were killed in just a few weeks.
The Soviet Union lost 27 million people
What the Ibos went through is not the worst thing that has happened on this planet. You guys just love being victims
When you say Arise what do you mean? How does your so called arising compare to that of The Japanese or the Germans? Is it by faking drinks in Aba that you have arisen? Tell us exactly what you have contributed to the Human race to make the world better for everybody?
Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by Uchek(m): 3:01pm On Apr 09
Apt question!

Ikechuob:

Then explain to me why my family was affected with the 20 pounds saga then oh history distorter. I'll be waiting.

Considering Asaba was not among the Biafra and my family lived in Lagos prior to the Biafra war, none changed their money to Biafra pounds. Therefore, history rewriter, explain to me why my grandmother couldn't take it her husband's own money from the bank despite she had evidence it belongs to her husband, instead she received 20 pounds. I'll be waiting for that answer. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

They Will Lose Together - Presidency Reacts To Atiku, Obasanjo Meeting / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today / Abubakar Bello Uncovers N70b Cash Withdrawals By Govt Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.