Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma (39049 Views)

Godwin Obaseki: "Jide Tinubu’s Death, Huge Loss To Nigeria" / Dele Momodu, Abike Dabiri, Fayose React To Jide Tinubu's Death / Nnamdi Kanu Greets Alex Ekwueme At His Residence In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 03, 2017
majekdom2:
The bolded is the man's point. The common men have been different, nothing is going to change that. It is left for the elites to have conscience.
when I say be the difference I mean we should work across isles for the best that we should get involved in social and economic planning and seek write and engage the people who will make these changes. There are avenues like even printing in the paper

From time memorial

They need to have conscience but you can’t use a medium such as someone’s death yes it has exposed the dire healthcare system we have but what steps is the person taking to effect a change. We can’t just complain anymore without taking the steps to change

It’s like losing a loved one to an armed robbery attack and the next day you see an article that your loved one was lost but it’s the over surge of firearms that caused it government do something when you can bring about change from your backyard

1 Like

Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by newoffer: 11:12am On Nov 03, 2017
judgement fall on all of them
Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by mapet: 12:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
grandstar:
This is s senseless write up.

Alex Ekwueme I doubt was corrupt and even if he was, it was tiny compared to what we have now.

Tinubu is no saint but he set up an ambulance system.

Fashola tried by building string institutions that are still standing after his departure.

He sh0uld not lump all together.

Note: I am apolitical.

In addition, it is even not professional to use isolated events to generalise an pattern. Is the guy telling us that people in Netherlands for example don't die of heart attack? (like Tinubu's Son) or people in advanced countries don't go into coma (Like Sir Alex Ekwueme)? Funilly enough this medical facilities he so derieded has successfully stablised Ekweme and the news this morning is that he's out of coma. So I ask, what is his point?

1 Like

Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by Caseless: 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
nnokwa042:
broda mi what is skullers,? Cus I don't trust IPOB youths
grin grin
From skull mining, they now say "skullers ".
Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by Caseless: 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
kobijacobs:

a woman with full ass and the one with "dry" ass, what's the difference? No one is less woman than the other. Show some respect to a lady
respect which lady? The one that's insulting an entire race?

1 Like

Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by laudate: 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
mapet:

In addition, it is even not professional to use isolated events to generalise an pattern. Is the guy telling us that people in Netherlands for example don't die of heart attack? (like Tinubu's Son) or people in advanced countries don't go into coma (Like Sir Alex Ekwueme)? Funilly enough this medical facilities he so derieded has successfully stablised Ekweme and the news this morning is that he's out of coma. So I ask, what is his point?
The difference between Nigeria and Netherlands, is that the patient in Netherlands has a fighting chance of survival, because the healthcare system in that country is better organised and skilled, responsive medical staff are available 24x7 to deliver adequate healthcare to such a patient. There are various equipment such as defibrillators to help jump start the heart, within arm's reach. In Nigeria, such a patient does not have access to all these things, even if he gets to a general hospital or govt owned medical facility. So he does not have the same chances of survival, that a patient in a Netherlands hospital has.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by laudate: 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
mapet:

Ekwueme is just lucky. I have seen several patients in our general hospitals give up the ghost in casualty dept., simply because they were not attended to promptly, or because the right equipment to stabilise them was unavailable. I lost a relative recently, at General Hospital Marina, due to unavailability of blood.
Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by mapet: 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
laudate:

The difference between Nigeria and Netherlands, is that the patient in Netherlands has a fighting chance of survival, because the healthcare system in that country is better organised and skilled, responsive medical staff are available 24x7 to deliver adequate healthcare to such a patient. There are various equipment such as defibrillators to help jump start the heart, within arm's reach. In Nigeria, such a patient does not have access to all these things, even if he gets to a general hospital or govt owned medical facility. So he does not have the same chances of survival, that a patient in a Netherlands hospital has.

You don't get my point. It is an open secrete that our medical facilities are sub-par. What is disingenuous is to attribute 2 isolated events and...voila, atribute them to the state of our medical system.
Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by laudate: 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
mapet:

You don't get my point. It is an open secrete that our medical facilities are sub-par. What is disingenuous is to attribute 2 isolated events and...voila, atribute them to the state of our medical system.
Are you saying our medical facilities had nothing to do with it?
Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by mapet: 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2017
laudate:

Are you saying our medical facilities had nothing to do with it?

Do you have any proof that our "medical facilities" have ANYTHING to do with the condition of both(Tinubu's son & Ekwueme)?
Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by laudate: 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
mapet:
Do you have any proof that our "medical facilities" have ANYTHING to do with the condition of both(Tinubu's son & Ekwueme)?
Tinubu's son was said to have been rushed to a general hospital in Lagos. Can you swear that he got prompt medical attention in that hospital, which could have prevented his death? Ekwueme was rushed to a private hospital in the SE. Thank God, his people took that option. It was probably because they were aware of the poor facilities that were on ground in the govt hospitals. If they had taken him to a govt hospital, only God knows if he would have survived.

In Lagos state, St. Nicholas hospital - a private hospital - which has one of the best medical facilities in the country, only has spaces for 12 ICU patients. Which other hospital whether govt owned or privately owned, has such facilities? I leave you to do the maths. They had to turn a few critically ill patients back, in September this year, because they did not have additional facilities to take care of them. What does that tell you?

The presence or absence of adequate medical facilities and skilled personnel, plays a great role in the recovery of patients.
Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by mapet: 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
laudate:

Tinubu's son was said to have been rushed to a general hospital in Lagos. Can you swear that he got prompt medical attention in that hospital that could have prevented his death? Ekwueme was rushed to a private hospital in the SE. Thank God his people took that option. It was probably because they were aware of the poor facilities that were on ground in the govt hospitals.

This is the problem I have with some of you lots. You argue with baseless assertions and flawed assumptions. I ask you for veritable evidence and facts, you are telling me about "was said". More ridiculous you are asking me to swear?

Please save it. I am not doing this anymore
Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by laudate: 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
mapet:

This is the problem I have with some of you lots. You argue with baseless assertions and flawed assumptions. I ask you for veritable evidence and facts, you are telling me about "was said". More ridiculous you are asking me to swear?

Please save it. I am not doing this anymore
Oga, what is baseless in my comments? And where is the flaw? I asked you a question, simply provide the answer if you have it.
Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by arnold123: 7:11am On Nov 04, 2017
plice02:
poor health system? TINUBU'S SON that one is a lie
i know that he was STABBED SPIRITUALLY by his father for SACRIFICE to his MONEY RITUAL CULT , Wake up and don't be blinded by the stupidity of Nigeria!
Re: Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma by Mansion303: 6:02am On Jun 14, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 States That Received The Highest Revenue Allocation In H1 2019 / 2015 Prophecy: APC Will Take Over —Cardinal Odunmbaku / Boko Haram: 10 Presidents Meet In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.