Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner (33536 Views)

Pastor Adeboye’s $65m Private Jet Parked In Oyedepo’s Hangar In Lagos (Photo) / I'm After Prosperity Pastors Cos I Haven't Found A Muslim Cleric Who Owns A Priv / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 03, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Jesus said:- Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Did Jesus Preach against giving-NO
Did Jesus support giving -Yes

Giving (Tithe and Offering was before the law)

I laugh when christians choose verses and quotes and use it to please their narratives. Yes Jesus said that, but when you quote some verses in the old testament, you scream it's old testament so it's no more valid yet Jesus said he has not come to destroy the law and none of the laws won't be fulfilled.

So many contradictions in the book.

#FreetheSheeple

4 Likes

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by somehow: 11:19am On Nov 03, 2017
Jesus came to teach on generous giving, giving without compulsion. Giving without noise, show off or with the hopes of receiving.

Tithe is the opposite of what he taught.

Tithe teaches giving in he hopes of receiving, hence a tither rather allow his neighbors starve to death than miss his or tithing.

Jesus came to fight against such practises.
OBAGADAFFI:

Jesus said:- Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Did Jesus Preach against giving-NO
Did Jesus support giving -Yes

Giving (Tithe and Offering was before the law)

4 Likes

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by UzomaFC: 11:19am On Nov 03, 2017
mrvitalis:
Acts 2:45 showed us that the early church sold all they had and shared it according to the needs (not wants ) of members

For a pastor to buy private jet is there no member with more pressing needs ??

Obviously 98% of Christians has never read the bible on there own from start to finish on there own ...99% of what they say are from what pastors said or what they can remember from book of bible story

Giving your tithe to a pastor is not in the bible , quote me anywhere

You are meant to eat your tithe while inviting the poor and pastors to earth with you deutronomy 14

Oga can U explain this Malachi 3:8-12 pls
thanks
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by somehow: 11:20am On Nov 03, 2017
Lying just to prove others wrong? Can you name names?
ooshinibos:
some northern clerics have private jets , ..apart from Nigeria ..Saudi Arabia and UAE have clerics that hat private by the way ..
I support pastors that have private jet if its is used for the work of ministry .
The issue here people are used to associating poverty with Christianity- this is wrong

1 Like

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by UzomaFC: 11:23am On Nov 03, 2017
mrvitalis:

Everyone dreams to own a private jet , but a pastors who doesn't work in a church ? Nah that's a no no

Read acts 2:45 get your sense back

Read deutronomy 14 :22 to the end ( read it to the end )

Oga again, can U explain this place Genesis 14:18-20 pls
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by somehow: 11:24am On Nov 03, 2017
Are you a Jew or a Christian? Jesus was operating under the Jewish/Judaist system when he was on earth even though he didn't pay tithe for once nor his followers. After his death closed the chapter of "holiness by works" and opened the chapter of "holiness by grace".

Please to know how to be a true Christian, read more of Matthew to John. You will get the gospel of Jesus Christ. If whatever you're doing is outside Christ's teachings, you are nothing but a judist/Muslim.
ooshinibos:
Daddy freeze quoted Matthew 23:23 but he did not finished the verse he quote ...Jesus did not say people should not pay tithe , he actually said , -..people have neglected the weightier portion of the law , justice and mercy and faithfulness but these are things they should have done without neglecting the others referring to the TITHE ..read it for yourself

2 Likes

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by fcbgotel(m): 11:29am On Nov 03, 2017
kabakaauu:
It is not by force, if you are worried of them owning jet, then start your own church. Shot put and talk about the injustice that is going on in Nigeria. All you are looking for is how to fight the churches.
hmmm see you, fool at 20

2 Likes

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by enimooko: 11:31am On Nov 03, 2017
Instead of private Jets, Moslem cleric will rather invest in...... *%$#@!)!!!*%#!!! grin grin grin
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by UzomaFC: 11:31am On Nov 03, 2017
GlobalGisting:
If all these brainless church goers are truly Christians, they ought to knw that insulting Freeze is a sin. You claim freeze talks nonsense, yet you cannot clarify yourselves using the Bible nor even get ur so-called pastors and Daddies to prove why I should pay tithe.

Oga can U explain this places
Gal 6:6
mat 5:17
Genesis 13:18 to 20
Malachi 3:8-12
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by UzomaFC: 11:37am On Nov 03, 2017
Luckki1001:

When Jesus made this statement as mentioned in your quote, he had not fulfilled the mosaic law, which includes tithing. Notice that he had also not abolished animal sacrifice, as obtained from the old testament. By Jesus death, believers are no longer under Moses' law and as such, tithing [which we shouldn't be talking about today sef] has been abolished.

If you read your bible, it says that we are now a royal priesthood... so if you are a priest, why are you paying tithe to another priest? We only have one High Priest now, which is Jesus Christ, who has now superseded the former high priest in the old testament by name Melchizedek [hope I get the spelling right].

As for Malachi 3:10? When studying a book of the Bible, one of the primary things to look out for is who the book is addressed to. That is, who is it written to? Who is the audience? Who did the author have in mind when he wrote?

With Malachi, this question is easily answered, for Malachi refers to them directly several times. In several places, Malachi reveals that he is addressing the priests of Israel (1:6; 2:1), and the sons of Levi (3:3).

And what is it these priests are doing? They sneer at the commands of God, saying such things are “weariness” (1:13). They bring contemptible offerings to God, animals that are stolen, sick, and lame (1:13). They exploit wage earners, widows, and orphans (3:5). And they are robbing God of the tithes and offerings that belong to Him (3:8-10).

So it appears that the section on tithing in Malachi 3:8-10 is not so much addressed to the people of Israel, who apparently were doing a good job of bringing their tithes and offerings to the storehouse, but to the wicked and wayward priests, and specifically Eliashib, who were removing the tithes and offerings from the storehouse for their own personal gain. It is these priests who were robbing from God and from the nation.

I stand with Daddy Freeze on this. He has my backing... 1000%!

#FreeTheSheeple

pls oga can U explain this Mathew 5:17
Gala 6:6
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by sirxbit(m): 11:38am On Nov 03, 2017
evanso6226:
kabakaauu:
It is not by force, if you are worried of them owning jet, then start your own church. Shot put and talk about the injustice that is going on in Nigeria. All you are looking for is how to fight the churches.

No matter how much you explain, you will still fail. A true Christian knows to listen to the holy spirit for guidance, not daddy freeze or any pastor. So if the spirit has not condemned tithing, all what you are saying about tithing becomes just lawful not spiritual.
Where the holy spirit?
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by sirxbit(m): 11:40am On Nov 03, 2017
DaHrNn:
It is so disheartening that despite the social vices & issues all over the world, the only thing you are flexing your muscle over is the things of God & some people are saying he has point... Doom knocking on your door cus I see a man with no fear of God cus he has a platform to be used by the devil... I might not make sense to someone but the question is,does he pay tithe or when last has he? Why leading people to doom?
So not paying tithe is doom
Foolish people everywhere
Stupid religious fools

3 Likes

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by sirxbit(m): 11:41am On Nov 03, 2017
ogasmallie:
so what u are trying to say is the holy spirit told u to pay tax(tithing)
Help me ask the idiot

2 Likes

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by Mujtahida: 11:43am On Nov 03, 2017
DaHrNn:

You think its about religion? Its about respecting Gods place... We have different perception about the word of God... I think at this stage,its pertinent to note that we are able to read THE BIBLE and understand God's principles... I only tell myself,I am not worshipping no pastor but focused on GOD... So matter what any pastor does,is not of my concern... I give it to God & Him, would reward my diligence... So get that right
You want to bury your head in the sand but I will not allow you just yet. When you say no matter what a pastor does is not your concern then what you are talking about is not the church.
In the book of Acts, Apostle Peter under the direction of the Holy Spirit went and preached to Cornelius, the Gentile. When he returned, the brothers quizzed him, they questioned him why he went into the house of a Gentile and surprisingly Peter did not shout them down. He explained the reasons for his actions to them.

So if you want to not concern yourself with what the psstors do, continue. But don't delude yourself in thinking that pastors cannot be questioned.

1 Like

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by dabossman(m): 11:44am On Nov 03, 2017
My honest opinion? All these arguments are totally unnecessary.

Is tithing in the Bible? Yes

Is it a sinful or negative practice? No.

Will God punish the Christians that tithe? Er, probably not since it is not a sin.

So, what is the fuss? If people want to pay it fine. If they are convinced they don't need to, fine. Be it unto everyone according to their faith/belief. Whether you are tithing according to the order of Melchizedek or the Mosaic law, or you believe Christ did not abolish tithing, does it really matter?

To be honest, Christianity and most other religions are based on faith. No one has seen God, not even Freeze. The Bible, even the one that Freeze is quoting from so vehemently, may be nothing but a book of fairy tales written by men with wild imaginations; yet it may indeed be the Living Word of God. We only believe through faith. So for one man to think he knows it better than the next, be he a Pastor, Reverend, Doctor of Theology or even Freeze is just presumptuous. Nobody is God's PA or Personal Secretary to categorically say he knows the ways of God better.

Different doctrines come up every day. Even Freeze is preaching his own doctrine according to his own understanding and interpretation of the Bible.

As for preachers using the tithes of the poor to finance their lavish lifestyles? Nothing new. Even in the scriptures Freeze quoted in Malachi 3, the priests were stealing and not remitting the tithe. So God chastised them in that scripture. He didn't ask the Israelites to stop giving it, he addressed the priests. Now Freeze says the present day Christian is not a priest, but even that can be countered by 1 Peter 2:9 - "But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light."

We can go on and on with scriptures and counter scriptures on tithing. At the end of the day, God judges the motives of the heart.

1 Like

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by derecho(m): 11:44am On Nov 03, 2017
MY BROTHER,He is just reminding you of Romans 8:9

It is not wisdom to talk about what a person doesn't understand.

As per logic,leaving the bible now,how does all these affect him?Or is he now a Church economist?So he is wiser than all of us?

Anyways, it's not his fault na those wey carry hin opinion come nairaland.

Why some of those who know the truth cant keep quiet is simply because of the gullibility of followers who are promoting his folly.

Finally,no matter what he says or does,THERE IS NOTHING HE/ANYONE CAN DO AGAINST THE TRUTH BUT FOR THE TRUTH.
NtoAkwaIbom:

MUST FREEZE BE A CHRISTIAN ?
Did the bible not say that it will raise up sticks and stones to do its mandate should Christians fail at it ?
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by sirxbit(m): 11:45am On Nov 03, 2017
ooshinibos:

daddy freeze is not quoting the bible correctly ..that's my only problem with him - he quote Matthew 23:23 but he did not finished the verse he quoted ...Jesus did not say people should not pay tithe , he actually said , -..people have neglected the weightier portion of the law , justice and mercy and faithfulness but these are things they should have done without neglecting the others referring to the TITHE ..read it for yourself
And who told you Jesus was referring to tithe
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by stmattj: 11:47am On Nov 03, 2017
Ehyahhh no work syndrome
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by GlobalGisting(m): 11:47am On Nov 03, 2017
UzomaFC:

Oga can U explain this places
Gal 6:6
mat 5:17
Genesis 13:18 to 20
Malachi 3:8-12

Hnmmmmmm you have said nothing about tithe and why I should pay it. Your quotations didn't refer to tithe. Or are u practicing how to quote Bible?
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by sirxbit(m): 11:48am On Nov 03, 2017
Flashmove:
Freeze is a basterd , Prosperity is for the children of God.

His down fall is near.. Cheap popularity ... Nonsense ... He should be talking about corruption in Nigeria instead of talking about Pastors .
Na ur down fall dey near
Useless bastard
Thunder strike u and all the so called useless pastors

2 Likes

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by OBAGADAFFI: 11:49am On Nov 03, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

Why do u no longer give burnt offering ? Why do you no longer give blood offering ?? WHY ?

The Laws of Moses are Shadows of things to come through Jesus Christ.

Jesus is now our Heavenly High Priest

And believers are Priests.
1 Peter 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10  Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Therefore believers are to offer themselves (everything) as a living sacrifice to God.
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by OBAGADAFFI: 11:51am On Nov 03, 2017
ollah1:

I laugh when christians choose verses and quotes and use it to please their narratives. Yes Jesus said that, but when you quote some verses in the old testament, you scream it's old testament so it's no more valid yet Jesus said he has not come to destroy the law and none of the laws won't be fulfilled.

So many contradictions in the book.

#FreetheSheeple

You won't understand if you are not a Christian.
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by derecho(m): 11:52am On Nov 03, 2017
Na hin followers o...no be him

frankmoney:
What is all this for crying out loud , freeze if you don't want to pay , don't pay , make we rest abeg , I don't really understand why you are trying to force it down our throats
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by UzomaFC: 11:52am On Nov 03, 2017
All of U who has been shouting about tithe all the time I want to ask some questions ooooooo:
1. pls can U all explain to me wat is in Matthew 5:17

2. wat does paul meant in gal 6:6

3. wat did Abraham do in Gen 14:18-20

4. Ex 23:19 wat is God saying there?

Finally :
An elderly advice to all .
In Numbers 12:1-16
pls all should read it n meditate over it so that U mind ur mouth.
For any1 that God called, He ll not take it lightly with any1 speaking against them.

Thanks all
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by UzomaFC: 11:55am On Nov 03, 2017
GlobalGisting:

Hnmmmmmm you have said nothing about tithe and why I should pay it. Your quotations didn't refer to tithe. Or are u practicing how to quote Bible?

Oga that means U did not read them because if U do, U ll explain like I requested.
thanks
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by derecho(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2017
No mind them na so one funny man dey choke him mouth put for wetin hin no sabi.
I asked if he is a Christian the funny guy told me NO but that he sabi Christianity becos e went to a school owned by Christians.

OBAGADAFFI:

You won't understand if you are not a Christian.
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 03, 2017
Solomonudofia:
this guy said it all .... how can you as member of a church contribute money for you church to build schools that your children will not be able to attend because you are poor....... and the pastor is flying private jets...

what he is saying is that new generation churches has placed ppl on chains and nobody is noticing that....

am so thankful to Daddy freeze for this insight....I pray God will continue to strengthen him more

do yu knw how much billion it takes to build a standard private university,,, cost of operation not to mention maintainance ...
the fact that it is owned by church,,does it xcludes such institution from taxes n electricity bills among other boggos expenditures.
every business known as legal entity must cater for itself via profit ...dangote cannt use cement turnover to run dangote dansa ..
all these big churches we hear of ,, go for there financial statement n check there annual expenditures(bills)
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by akinszz: 11:59am On Nov 03, 2017
Flashmove:
Freeze is a basterd , Prosperity is for the children of God.

His down fall is near.. Cheap popularity ... Nonsense ... He should be talking about corruption in Nigeria instead of talking about Pastors .
tongue

1 Like

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by OBAGADAFFI: 11:59am On Nov 03, 2017
somehow:
Jesus came to teach on generous giving, giving without compulsion. Giving without noise, show off and with the hopes of receiving.

Tithe is the opposite of what he taught.

Tithe teaches giving in he hopes of receiving, hence a tither rather allow his neighbors starve to death than miss his or tithing.

Jesus came to fight against such practises.

Giving is part of Christianity, but must be willingly.

But any giving in Christianity must be sacrificial.

He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. [3] "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. [4] All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on
Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by kaymolla(m): 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
DaHrNn:
It is so disheartening that despite the social vices & issues all over the world, the only thing you are flexing your muscle over is the things of God & some people are saying he has point... Doom knocking on your door cus I see a man with no fear of God cus he has a platform to be used by the devil... I might not make sense to someone but the question is,does he pay tithe or when last has he? Why leading people to doom?

So not paying tithe is what you refer to as "leading people to doom"....please read your Bible instead of listening to those lies your pastors feed you... #godsofmen

2 Likes

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by miketayo(m): 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
EddyNumerouno:

Save your energy for more productive ventures. The natural order of arguments is for the weaker argument to bow to the superior...except matters of the spiritual.

How can you present valid points, both from logic and the scriptures and all a persons defence is 'Let God judge', 'quoting the scriptures out of context', 'don't touch my anointed', or my personal favourite 'stop hating, go & open your own church'.
So dear, save yourself the barrage of insults that will surely come your way and live in peace.

*** edit;
Like the poster above me, classic example of quoting out of context. grin grin grin

wats ur proof that they r God's anointed?

1 Like

Re: Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner by ooshinibos: 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
sirxbit:

And who told you Jesus was referring to tithe
its there in the verse , read it very well ...Jesus was saying that the scribes tithed on every thing but they were not faithfully and merciful in dealing with people ...he said they should be practicing faithfulness and mercy and not leave the other things undone i.e. the other things that he mentioned before -the tithes , in those days you tithe on your money , farm produce and others material incomes .
bottom line he was saying faithfulness , mercy and love should be the first and tithe becomes an honor to God . Jesus was re-ordering their priority . that's how I will interpret it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Lord Has Shown Me Where Nigeria Next President Will Come From - Primate Ayo / Prophet Samuel Akinbodunse: "Buhari Will Die If Goes For Second Term" (Video) / Police Seal Ogun Celestial Church Where 9 Year Old Boy Was Chained (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.