Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,274 members, 7,839,368 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4453657 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:31am On Oct 13, 2014
Patchesagain:

No

combat transport helicopter = combat transport helicopter

If it was an assault helicopter, they would call it that

The Hind is an assault helicopter

The Hind has been called the world's only "assault helicopter," for its combination of firepower & troop-carrying

Terminator has more weapons stations than the Hind and carries more troops, so it is equally an assault helicopter by definition, so you can call it is a 'Giant Hind'.

Fool ! Butthurt because SAAF does not have Terminators grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:33am On Oct 13, 2014
agaugust:

You can go redecorate your Oryx interior, it is still a 1987 air frame and function design, helicopters have advanced since 1987 era.

SAAF is many years behind NAF, or Mi-171s is a year 2002 design and is brand new, keep sulking with your ancient helos.

Better go replace them when you have money in year 2030, for now SANDF is broke, @Andrewza is at risk of retrenchment

Then the Mi-17 is a 1975 design, in terms of air-frame and function design

Should I call an ambulance? that bullet in your foot will require medical assistance

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:34am On Oct 13, 2014
agaugust:

Terminator has more weapons stations than the Hind and carries more troops, so it is equally an assault helicopter by definition, so you can call it is a 'Giant Hind'.

Fool ! Butthurt because SAAF does not have Terminators grin grin

Nope.

Only 2 hard-points, no pintle-mounted gun and less armour, plus inferior handling and performance

I would be depressed if the SAAF used Terminators, its a sign of 3rd world militarys

And its designed for soviet doctrine, which is an inferior doctrine
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:00am On Oct 13, 2014
Patchesagain:

Nope.

Only 2 hard-points, no pintle-mounted gun and less armour, plus inferior handling and performance

I would be depressed if the SAAF used Terminators, its a sign of 3rd world militarys

And its designed for soviet doctrine, which is an inferior doctrine

I think you are iinsane as usual.

Russia NOT Soviet Union, designed and introduced the Terminator in 2002, and it is NOT exactly the same as the old design and old engine Mi-17. Is a 1960 MiG-21 and a 2010 F-7 the same design because they look alike?

2 hardpoints ? You are truly iinsane, Terminator has 6 hard points.

Butt-hurt because SAAF does not have a Helicopter with a rear opening landing ramp grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:13am On Oct 13, 2014
agaugust:

Russia NOT Soviet Union, designed and introduced the Terminator in 2002, and it is NOT exactly the same as the old design and old engine Mi-17. Is a 1960 MiG-21 and a 2010 F-7 the same design because they look alike?

Butt-hurt because SAAF does not have a Helicopter with a rear opening landing ramp grin grin

Dude, the Mi-17 is a 1975 design, in terms of air-frame and function design. It has nothing to do with Russia and the Soviet Union.

And yes, the Mig-21 and F-7 are the same as they have the same air-frame meaning they will have similar flight dynamics. All that is different is electronics and presumably the engines.

That is the fact of the matter.

Oryx suits our needs and doctrine perfectly so no, not butt-hurt at all.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 13, 2014
chris365:

oh sorry, i didn't know it was compulsory to visit SA seeing as it's the only thing that ticked you. whether you give a fvck or not, i honestly don't give fvck how you feel. it's irrelevant to me.

oops! Saw you are female and now regret even replying you invthe first place. dumb male saffers are enough for megrin.

It's not the only thing that got me roaring with laughter, I just didn't care enough to give a point by point reply to your post simply because, well, I don't care. Whether you visit or not, it changes nothing, we still get millions of visitors each year from countries far better off than Nigeria, so again, zero fux given.

PS: I reply to whatever I feel like replying to, how you feel about it is also not my indaba. You should be honoured that I even replied to your undeserving-of-a-reply scribble.

Have a fantastic day.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 6:36am On Oct 13, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

It's not the only thing that got me roaring with laughter, I just didn't care enough to give a point by point reply to your post simply because, well, I don't care. Whether you visit or not, it changes nothing, we still get millions of visitors each year from countries far better off than Nigeria, so again, zero fux given.

PS: I reply to whatever I feel like replying to, how you feel about it is also not my indaba. You should be honoured that I even replied to your undeserving-of-a-reply scribble.

Have a fantastic day.

#ButtHurt. grin.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 13, 2014
chris365:

#ButtHurt. grin.

Never grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:02am On Oct 13, 2014
NaijaPikinGidi:

My point exactly. SANDF personel are not soldiers. And I can see why you're all proud of SANDF's running away from CAR!!

SANDF will always LICK their wounds and walk run away after taking a good beating from a supposedly weaker COMBATANT.
That clip captures the very weak nature of your SANDF. I can't imagine a man being beaten to pulp and by no means managed to defend himself or neutralise the violent body bounding.

Bloody liar! You were there to rip-off CAR along side Bozize of precious mining resources. You forget that AndrewZA's version was that SANDF were there to train CAR soldiers. Which version is correct? grin grin grin

Very correct!! For once you have truthfully stated this well-recognised fact.

grin grin grin In deed ... SA is under the protection of Nigeria ... Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Congo, Kenya!! Don't forget Nigeria's General head the AU military setup!

Now run-off before I unleash those two angry South African women to beat you to size! #stupid

Yet, you are in SA begging for pap. We are under protection of Nigeria and others, yet I do not see foreign soldiers roving the street of our cities.

Generals do not do the work, soldiers on the ground do under their own respective commanders. The fact that AU or UN is headed by a Nigerian, Malawian or German does not mean that their countries head such institutions. Just because Nkosazana Zuma head AU does not necessarily mean we can boast that SA is giving protection to the whole of Africa. You are a mad man.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:13am On Oct 13, 2014
lezz:

If i were to pour your mumu into the river nile, it will change the colour of water all over Egypt and environs . Electricity up to this year was the exclusive area of the federal goverment so it was relatively inadequate. Like every federal establishments even in the US. So my point is if the government fails to provide electricity to a large part of the citizens, these citizens have the means and resources to buy and run generators as an alternative source of power. And it is more expensive for them if they were to pay for government electricity. They are not using candles or bush lamps. Nope. They own and run generators for daily needs. So even if government fails Our citizens are Rich to run the economy with alternative power to produce africa's biggest economy. We have the highest concentration of millionaires in africa not just the richest man. I "might" be no economic expert but you are sure one hell of a logic destitute and your IQ is too weak to bear the weight of kindergarten comprehension.

For your information SA has the most millionaires than any country in Africa. Our lottery produce millionaires every month. Apart from that we always had concentration of millionaires than any country in Africa. Our wealth among citizens is spread evenly even though is not racially equal, for I know is the argument you will bring. SA does not individuals who runs the show alone through monopoly capital like DANGOTE.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:31am On Oct 13, 2014
NaijaPikinGidi:

My point exactly. SANDF personel are not soldiers. And I can see why you're all proud of SANDF's running away from CAR!!

SANDF will always LICK their wounds and walk run away after taking a good beating from a supposedly weaker COMBATANT.
That clip captures the very weak nature of your SANDF. I can't imagine a man being beaten to pulp and by no means managed to defend himself or neutralise the violent body bounding.

Bloody liar! You were there to rip-off CAR along side Bozize of precious mining resources. You forget that AndrewZA's version was that SANDF were there to train CAR soldiers. Which version is correct? grin grin grin

Very correct!! For once you have truthfully stated this well-recognised fact.

grin grin grin In deed ... SA is under the protection of Nigeria ... Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Congo, Kenya!! Don't forget Nigeria's General head the AU military setup!

Now run-off before I unleash those two angry South African women to beat you to size! #stupid

Your military is fighting a losing war to protect the sovereignty and oneness of your country.

While real African armies ARE PROTECTING AFRICA.

Protect Nigeria before you can protect anything or anyone,to date your military has failed to PROTECT 13000 Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2014
agaugust:

You can go redecorate your Oryx interior, it is still a 1987 air frame and function design, helicopters have advanced since 1987 era.

SAAF is many years behind NAF, or Mi-171s is a year 2002 design and is brand new, keep sulking with your ancient helos.

Better go replace them when you have money in year 2030, for now SANDF is broke, @Andrewza is at risk of retrenchment

It is not a 2002 anything. It predats the orxy and even the puma.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:51am On Oct 13, 2014
Henry120:

I differ. The argument was over Air-refueling for helicopters. The MI-171sh is a new helicopter, it's an assault helicopter.
It is just a simple transport helicopter with rocket pods.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:54am On Oct 13, 2014
Henry120:

You're making up sh1t again. Fact is, it works and is widely used.
Capable VS Effective.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 10:15am On Oct 13, 2014
agaugust:

hahahahaha....

If your terminator is all what you prop-it-up to be, then why does Russia have dedicated attack helicopters in magnitudes?

and what's up with your-rear opening landing ramp? what tactical advantages would it offer the SAAF and Army?

You are gas-releasing instead of talking as usual.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 13, 2014
MikeZA:
Your military is fighting a losing war to protect the sovereignty and oneness.

While real African armies ARE PROTECTING AFRICA.

Protect Nigeria before you can protect anything or anyone,to date your military has failed to PROTECT 13000 Nigerians

Despite an insurgency at home. Nigeria has security forces military/police and advisors in,

Mali
Equatorial guinea
Liberia
Sierra-leone
Sudan
Benin republic
Ivory coast
DRC
Patrols the waters of togo,benin

We do not lack the skill, manpower or finesse to carry out our duties, neither do we shy away from them.

5 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:07am On Oct 13, 2014
SOLDIERS TAKE THEIR LIVES IN FEAR OF BEING DEPLOYED TO FIGHT BOKO HARAM.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/18502-soldiers-shoot-selves-to-avoid-deployment-to-boko-haram-communities

RATHER END UP WITH A BULLET WOUND THAN HAVING YOUR HEAD CHOPPED OFF.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:08am On Oct 13, 2014
Henry120:

Despite an insurgency at home. Nigeria has security forces military/police and advisors in,

Mali
Equatorial guinea
Liberia
Sierra-leone
Sudan
Benin republic
Ivory coast
DRC

We do not lack the skill, manpower or finesse to carry out our duties, neither do we shy away from them.

That does not amount to protecting Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 13, 2014
MikeZA:
It is just a simple transport helicopter with rocket pods.

There is nothing simple about it. It is a new helicopter designed not only to transport troops, but also to support the troops in active battle. If it were that simple, you'll fly them, instead of the paltry 10 half-french helicopters you currently fly.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2014
MikeZA:
Capable VS Effective.

Effective and very capable.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:16am On Oct 13, 2014
Henry120:

There is nothing simple about it. It is a new helicopter designed not only to transport troops, but also to support the troops in active battle. If it were that simple, you'll fly them, instead of the paltry 10 half-french helicopters you currently fly.

It was not designed to support troops in active battle, it was designed to protect itself from ground fire.

However, you cannot compare it to SA made Rooivalk
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
andrewza:

It is not a 2002 anything. It predats the orxy and even the puma.

" The military transport helicopter was introduced into the world market in 2002
. The helicopter is delivered through the Russian state-owned special exporter Rosoboron export.

The Mi-171Sh Terminator was specifically designed for operating in combat missions in local armed conflicts. The design incorporates a five-bladed main rotor, a tail rotor and non-retractable tricycle nose-wheel landing gear.

The glassed-in cockpit accommodates three crew and cabin houses up to 36 troops, or up to 12 casualties on stretchers. The helicopters are equipped with modern avionics and instrumental equipment, to operate in all weather conditions at any time of the day.

The armour protection provided over the crew cabin and vital units increases the combat survivability of the helicopter. The engine exhaust ducts are equipped with infrared suppression exhaust mixer boxes for a low infrared signature.

The helicopter has an IR-decoy dispensing system to counter an infrared homing surface-to-air missile or air-to-air missile. The fuel tank self-sealing covers and polyurethane foam protection avoid the possibility of fuel explosions and leakage in case of combat damage.

The Mi-171Sh is armed with a Shturm-V high-precision guided missile system. The missiles can destroy modern battle tanks protected by explosive reactive armour, fortified points and aerial targets ."

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mi-171sh-combat-transport-helicopter/

Let us see how your SAAF old school design Oryx helicopter from recycle factory can beat NAF Terminators.

Butt Hurt grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
Henry120:

Mali
Equatorial guinea
Liberia
Sierra-leone
Sudan
Benin republic
Ivory coast
DRC

Protect Nigerians against the military threat of BH.

If you were "fit" BH would destroyed and reduced to a force similar to Chinese terrorists.

Any reasonable person would never take seriously security advice from his neighbour,who's house is being robbed monthly.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
Henry120:

They're simple transport helicopters.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 12:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
Henry120:

Effective and very capable.

1. Lack of hot and high flying capability.

2. Lack NOE flying capability.

3. Lack of sensors.

4. Lack of manoeuvrability.

5. "IT LOOKS LIKE A SAD PEGEON" You said.

It is designed to operate in Europe,in colder temperatures and less dust.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
agaugust:

" The military transport helicopter was introduced into the world market in 2002
. The helicopter is delivered through the Russian state-owned special exporter Rosoboron export.

The Mi-171Sh Terminator was specifically designed for operating in combat missions in local armed conflicts. The design incorporates a five-bladed main rotor, a tail rotor and non-retractable tricycle nose-wheel landing gear.

The glassed-in cockpit accommodates three crew and cabin houses up to 36 troops, or up to 12 casualties on stretchers. The helicopters are equipped with modern avionics and instrumental equipment, to operate in all weather conditions at any time of the day.

The armour protection provided over the crew cabin and vital units increases the combat survivability of the helicopter. The engine exhaust ducts are equipped with infrared suppression exhaust mixer boxes for a low infrared signature.

The helicopter has an IR-decoy dispensing system to counter an infrared homing surface-to-air missile or air-to-air missile. The fuel tank self-sealing covers and polyurethane foam protection avoid the possibility of fuel explosions and leakage in case of combat damage.

The Mi-171Sh is armed with a Shturm-V high-precision guided missile system. The missiles can destroy modern battle tanks protected by explosive reactive armour, fortified points and aerial targets ."

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mi-171sh-combat-transport-helicopter/

Let us see how your SAAF old school design Oryx helicopter from recycle factory can beat NAF Terminators.

Butt Hurt grin grin

are you being serious?

Are you actually being serious?

The new model was released in 2002

It just a re-configured Mi-17 - same engines, same airframe

THATS WHY IT HAS Mi-17 IN ITS DESIGNATION

Its a design from the mid-70's

And the Oryx suits our needs and doctrine perfectly, thats why we use them
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
ELKASPBG:

Who said Nigeria will not lead the multi-national force then read more.

South African guys will not like to read or hear it grin

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/nigeria-lead-multinational-strike-force-boko-haram/

You dey mind South Africans?

Envy will k.ill them because Tanzanian army commander is still leading South African army in Congo as we speak grin grin

Nigerian military is confirmed the to be big boss as usual, so we will continue to lead Africa till infinity !!!!

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:13pm On Oct 13, 2014
Msauza:

Biggest economy with nothing to show for it.

It actually showed something for it to be ranked biggest

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
andrewza:

Hawaii is American. Any case we mostly get euro and asian tourists.

Did I say Hawaii is in Ghana? Good you confessed that is is mostly Asians who are crazy about South Africa.

Like the Dalai Lama for whom China commanded Jacob Zuma to deny an entry visa grin

China too commands South Africa, no wonder Tanzania is judged good enough to lead your 50 million people grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
Patchesagain:

Prove that you live in the USA

It is now central to your entire argument

So, prove that you live where you say you do.

One day, I will....at my own time....with my gun and uniform. No hurry
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
MikeZA:
Protect Nigerians against the military threat of BH.

If you were "fit" BH would destroyed and reduced to a force similar to Chinese terrorists.

Any reasonable person would never take seriously security advice from his neighbour,who's house is being robbed monthly.

The Nigerian military isn't wavering in it's constitutional duty of protecting Nigerians.

If you were a little intellectually bright, you would know wars aren't video games or movies. Neither does this enemy respect the Geneva convention.

The Nigerian military and security architecture are currently the most engaged and one of the more experienced (bar Algeria, which still suffers terror attacks by the way) on this continent. So it isn't unusual to see students from across the continent including south-africa attend NDA/NDC/NWC and multiple other courses in Nigeria.

Every reasonable neighbor knows practical experience is vitally more important than some fictional war scenario.

This is why they continue to troop into Nigerian war colleges.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) (1269) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.