Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,302 members, 7,867,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:35 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4470532 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
health,education,agriculture and infrastructure comes after national defence.all those areas wouldnt be useful or even functioning if we can be invaded by any tom,d!ck,cock and harry who is able to gather an army of cheese hawkers!.all our pretty skyscrapers would be leveled into granite and glass by just one enemy missile!,schools and hospitals would be turned into haunted shacks by a few ATGMs,half germinated potato tubers would be ripped off the ground like teeth on chicken by a few guided bombs.defence of a nation should always come first,it is in power and peace that all other things can be enjoyed
HAHAHA well said mate! what % of gdp do you plan to spend on defence?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Nope, the source did NOT say ALL olifant tanks changed engines, and it is ordinary Wikipedia that any South African can edit and write his private opinions cheesy

Give me a reliable source, burden of proof is on YOU ALL cheesy

Okay, I know you CANNOT prove it....FAIL cheesy.
I posted credible sources which you where unable to interpret because you lack basic reading skills.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
for real?!,ok then my first question is: are you married?.
HAHAHA wtf dude!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
it does not,i understand your point.still,its reassuring that we'll soon begin manufacturing 100% locally made OPVs.and stop relying on those 20 years old egyptian canoes and floating cardboard boxes america deemed fit to 'gift' us.
Self sufficiency is what every defence force should strive for, Although South African Navy and Nigerian Navy arent as self sufficient as it should be we are getting there, for example the OPVs South Africa will be building and the Joint venture with the Chinese will enable NN to build warships in the future.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

HAHAHA well said mate! what % of gdp do you plan to spend on defence?
in order to obtain world power status in a short time,i plan on initiating a "power up programme",by spending about 40-50% of gdp on defence over a span of 10 years,then later cutting defence spending to about 30% of gdp after the "power up" programme,and start bargaining on acquiring heavy weapons and defence tech. in exchange for our oil,uranium,UNSC vote,economic{free trade} liberty,and political alliances.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

@Patches689 and I have posted numerous sources, you just cant READ.

You just can't prove your claims

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

You just can't prove your claims
You just cant READ!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

China built your ships for you in Nigeria

Nope the Shipyard is owned by Nigeria. We got full technology transfer so we are building 70% of Africa's first stealth warship in a Nigerian owned Shipyard, Port Harcourt

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
in order to obtain world power status in a short time,i plan on initiating a "power up programme",by spending about 40-50% of gdp on defence over a span of 10 years,then later cutting defence spending to about 30% of gdp after the "power up" programme,and start bargaining on acquiring heavy weapons and defence tech. in exchange for our oil,uranium,UNSC vote,economic{free trade} liberty,and political alliances.

HAHAHAH fcking hell 50% of gdp, though you will be using that massive military a lot to calm masses of disgruntled citizens. I know Saudi Arabia spend a whopping 11.4% on there military which is the most in terms of % of any country i know of.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Nope the Shipyard is owned by Nigeria. We got full technology transfer so we are building 70% of Africa's first stealth warship in a Nigerian owned Shipyard, Port Harcourt
Ok SAAF Hawk jets are 99% South African because 23 out of 24 where built in SA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

HAHAHA wtf dude!!
LOL.hey,dont blame me,he was the one who gave me the go ahead to ask him whatever i wanted to!,and me being me,y'know i just like being charming*wink*{grins sensually},i asked him what was on my mind.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
ActivateKruger:

We're building them to suit our needs... that's the SANDF way

Nigerian navy dockyard built 100% of IPV NNS ANDONI, and the second ship is almost ready, a bigger NNS ANDONI sister ship, we build to suit Nigeria's need.

I still don't see any South African made OPV existing, even if we consult an oracle, we will find nothing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

SADF had 4,000 men frontline. UNITA group saved you with about 80,000 men frontline.

Your ego has crashed today .

You're still not stating what the objective of the SADF in Angola vs UNITA's objective....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
i have recently thought of becoming the nigerian president.who will vote for me?.when i become president,the military would be my first and biggest priority.now who will vote for me on this thread?

@Patches will be your campaign manager cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Nigerian navy dockyard built 100% of IPV NNS ANDONI, and the second ship is almost ready, a bigger NNS ANDONI sister ship, we build to suit Nigeria's need.

I still don't see any South African made OPV existing, even if we consult an oracle, we will find nothing cheesy

South Africa built patrol boats for Nigeria.... we have built the SAS Drakensburg, your Andoni doesn't compare.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
Have you heard of the grand stratagy game called supreme ruler, ive played it abit.You play as any country you like and you are able to control literally everything in the economy from tax rate,imports,exports,electricity supply, defence spending, Tec development etc etc plus you develop weapon and invade other countries either through proxy or conventional war, you can also control espionage and try and destabilise other countries etc etc. Its very complicated but very fun to play.

Unfortunately the 2 latest versions of the game you cant play as Nigeria because its seen as a colony and you cant play as a colony.
but supreme ruler 2020 the older version of the game you can play as nigeria and its not much different than the new version except for the fact its set in a modern sitting dus from year 2020, its also the funnest to play in may opinion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

@Patches will be your campaign manager cheesy
*eyes bulges out of head*patches?!..LOL....i'did lose the election before i even become a politician!.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

Have you heard of the grand stratagy game called supreme ruler, ive played it abit.You play as any country you like and you are able to control literally everything in the economy from tax rate,imports,exports,electricity supply, defence spending, Tec development etc etc plus you develop weapon and invade other countries either through proxy or conventional war, you can also control espionage and try and destabilise other countries etc etc. Its very complicated but very fun to play.

Unfortunately the 2 latest versions of the game you cant play as Nigeria because its seen as a colony and you cant play as a colony.
but supreme ruler 2020 the older version of the game you can play as nigeria and its not much different than the new version except for the fact its set in a modern sitting dus from year 2020, its also the funnest to play in may opinion.
that sounds like fun!,i will have to check it out when we go on chrismas holiday break.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
ActivateKruger:

South Africa built patrol boats for Nigeria.... we have built the SAS Drakensburg, your Andoni doesn't compare.

Not for Nigerian navy , SA built boats for a Nigerian Fishing control agency, civilian boat. Nigeria builds armoured boats for oil companies.

You did no big stuff.

Also SAS Drakensberg is an old out-dated ship

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
that sounds like fun!,i will have to check it out when we go on chrismas holiday break.
You will have to buy it on the net dont think there is a hard copy available. Maybe try gamersgate thats where i bought it or you can try steam. it was $9.99 or a R80 at the time i bought it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Not for Nigerian navy , SA built boats for a Nigerian Fishing control agency, civilian boat. Nigeria builds armoured boats for oil companies.

You did no big stuff.

Well built ships have very long hull life, and all the software and electronics of the Drakensberg where upgraded.
www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18321:more-work-on-sas-drakensberg&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

HAHAHAH fcking hell 50% of gdp, though you will be using that massive military a lot to calm masses of disgruntled citizens. I know Saudi Arabia spend a whopping 11.4% on there military which is the most in terms of % of any country i know of.
*scoff*i've always thought of democracy as nonsense anyway,its foreign and rarely works very well in the african setting.africans have always repected and feared power,violence and brutality.they tremble and listen to a totalitarianism government more than democratic fluffy smutt.democracy is for the weak....in my regime,a few greedy politicians could be used as scapegoats of how i'll deal with 'unnecessary instigation of civil unrest'.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

You will have to buy it on the net dont think there is a hard copy available. Maybe try gamersgate thats where i bought it or you can try steam. it was $9.99 or a R80 at the time i bought it.
and when was that?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
and when was that?
June last year before the Rand totally turned into sh"t.And way when i want to type sh't it turns it in to shit
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
*scoff*i've always thought of democracy as nonsense anyway,its foreign and rarely works very well in the african setting.africans have always repected and feared power,violence and brutality.they tremble and listen to a totalitarianism government more than democratic fluffy smutt.democracy is for the weak....in my regime,a few greedy politicians could be used as scapegoats of how i'll deal with 'unnecessary instigation of civil unrest'.
HAHAHA is that a future Stalin i see in you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
RG35, a possible replacement for the mamba and Casspir? Dont think it will be sporting the remote turret though.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

saudi arabia you say?....hmm..i still consider 11.4% as paltry for any country that wishes to dominate the world.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

You did no big stuff.

You don't have the capabilities offered by the SAS Drakensburg we built, it's very dated.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:
RG35, a possible replacement for the mamba and Casspir? Dont think it will be sporting the remote turret though.

with the possible BAE South Africa merger with Denel, it looks like BAE products will make it to the SANDF.

I love the Metador too as a Casspir replacement.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

HAHAHA is that a future Stalin i see in you.
*smirks*perhapssss....

(1) (2) (3) ... (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.