Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:41 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4470556 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Prove it with clear Source
@Patches689 and I have posted numerous sources, you just cant READ.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
patches689:

Or maybe UNITA had better MANPADS because the Americans gave them Stingers

Maybe, Stingers allowed them to shoot down more Mig's because the Stinger was better than what we had at the time?

Stop looking for cheap insults you clown

Truth hurts you butt hurt .

Your 'Maybe' is your private imagination.

Over 80% of Bush War soldiers on SADF's side were Angolan men of UNITA and FLNA rebels, so they get 80% of the glory, Cuban MiG-23 was always attacking them not you !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
patches689:

centurion uses petrol engine

They were equipped with petrol engines, which necessitated the use of an extra externally mounted 100-imperial-gallon (450 L) fuel tank, which was attached to the vehicle's rear.[19][27]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_tank

All olifants Mk1 use diesel engines
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_tank#South_Africa_2

All SANDF Olifants were upgraded to Mk1 standard in 1985
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment_of_the_South_African_Army

If you bothered to spend 5 min on google you would not have wasted everyones time, and furthermore, you would not have yet again illustrated what an argumentative child you are.

Your petulance is tiresome.

Those sources did NOT say ALL Olifants tanks, you added your own private opinion, you proved NOTHING !

I await a clear proof
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Prove it with clear Source
Different engines.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

We are building our own unlike nigeria which buys all their equipment!

Nigeria is the first country in Africa to build a modern stealth warship.

Germany built ALL South African frigates and submarines cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Truth hurts you butt hurt .

Your 'Maybe' is your private imagination.

Over 80% of Bush War soldiers on SADF's side were Angolan men of UNITA and FLNA rebels, so they get 80% of the glory, Cuban MiG-23 was always attacking them not you !

1. When?

2. Where?

3. Name thee unitv

4. How you reached that percentage?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
Henry120:

Which modern fighter doesn't have Fly by wire? They all do.

The Eurofighter is an interceptor/ dog fighter, built with a Cold war mindset and designed primarily for Air-Air combat.

EADS is only recently rolling out Ground attack variants. Instead, you should have mentioned the french Rafale which was designed for Air-ground combat operations as it's primary role.

I don't know why you SAns keep mentioning the Gripen, all right, let's go with the supposed 170 km/h min speed, it is still too fast for CAS, how many jihadists can you hope to killl flying at that speed?

The JF-17 and all other fighters can carry out COIN. NAF use both the F-7, L-39z and alpha jets for COIN operations. If eventually Nigeria gets the JF-17's, they would be used for COIN duties. However, they would beg for the effectiveness the Super tucano and A-10's can provide.

My point is, kobani is proof, CAS = CAS based assets. You think any other airforce's around the world would have the luxury of more than 270 airstrikes on a single town?

Jap i know all modern fighter aircraft have fly-by-wire i was just trying to point out the how good the Gripen and Eurofighter fly-by-wire systems are, for example the super tucano stall speed is 148km/h only 22km/h less than the gripen, as for the Rafale i totaly forgot about it, if my memory is correct it has a stall speed of 185 km/h and yes Rafale is a better air-to-ground fighter than eurofighter, much better infact.

As for the 270 airstrikes that is just the US over doing everything and fking it up as usual, thankx to the US we lost a SA citizen in a hostage situation a few days ago, he was going to be released on sunday thankx to our Governments efforts but the US decided otherwise and stormed the place losing all the hostages.

But what i was getting at was that there are some fighters that can fufill CAS at ALMOST the same level as COIN aircraft.
I also understand know way Nigeria stopped training with the US Forces they are F0kken P0es k@k.
www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=37244:nigeria-terminates-us-led-special-forces-training-programme&catid=56:diplomacy-a-peace&Itemid=111

And we SAns keep mentioning the Gripen because we are proud to have one of the best Fighters in the world in our airforce, just like you will be proud if nigeria receives the JF-17
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Nigeria is the first country in Africa to build a modern stealth warship.

Germany built ALL South African frigates and submarines cheesy
China built your ships for you in Nigeria
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Just ask what you'd wanna know.
for real?!,ok then my first question is: are you married?.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

China built your ships for you in Nigeria
*dismissed*,they only transfered measly technology to us,the NN did the rest.unlike the toothless SAN.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
*dismissed*,they only transfered measly technology to us,the NN did the rest.unlike the toothless SAN.
www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33409:china-launches-first-nigerian-offshore-patrol-vessel&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106

www.janes.com/article/45252/china-completes-sea-trials-for-nigerian-opv

Its a Chinese ship, but what does it matter if it is a Chinese built ship or not, you have it dont you?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

UNITA shot down more MiG-23 at close range than SADF....Means UNITA faced more deadly air attacks than SADF.

80% of Angolan war was fought by UNITA in that bush war era, historical records show that !

Prove that 80% of the Bush War was fought by UNITA
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 6:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Nigeria named what we are buying....JF-17 Thunder.

You name what OPV South Africa is buying...answer now !

We're building them to suit our needs... that's the SANDF way

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33409:china-launches-first-nigerian-offshore-patrol-vessel&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106

www.janes.com/article/45252/china-completes-sea-trials-for-nigerian-opv
Its a Chinese ship, but what does it matter if it is a Chinese built ship or not, you have it dont you?
you're a level headed dude,i like that.but let me correct a misconception:
the first OPV was built in china by both nigerian and chinese naval engineers in order to enhance the transfer of skill and technology to the NN.according to the article 70% of the second OPV will be built in nigeria after a successful transfer of skills.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 7:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
ActivateKruger:

We're building them to suit our needs... that's the SANDF way
hmm hmmm, don't build it to suit your need, build it to suit my need. Ode

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 7:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Prove that 80% of the Bush War was fought by UNITA
UNITA led the war, you followed.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
patches689:

Nope, we have shown that all Olifant Mk1's use diesel not standard petrol engines.

Retaarrd!

Nope, the source did NOT say ALL olifant tanks changed engines, and it is ordinary Wikipedia that any South African can edit and write his private opinions cheesy

Give me a reliable source, burden of proof is on YOU ALL cheesy

Okay, I know you CANNOT prove it....FAIL cheesy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
patches689:

New IPV's is the first stage of Project Biro

The re-furbed Warrio class only have 5 years left on their hulls and the Mine-Hunters are also nearing the end of hull life, their replacement takes priority before we aquire new capabilities

Its a clear sign that project Biro is moving ahead as planned, and with bigger orders than anticipated.

@Andrewza your navy man has been posting Project Biro here over 2 years ago, yet NO single contract, NO ship named, NO single OPV, NO single IPV.....NO money.....SANDF is broke cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 7:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
sirjerry:
UNITA led the war, you followed.

Who was UNITA fighting, who was South Africa fighting ? Let's get that sorted first.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
you're a level headed dude,i like that.but let me correct a misconception:
the first OPV was built in china by both nigerian and chinese naval engineers in order to enhance the transfer of skill and technology to the NN.according to the article 70% of the second OPV will be built in nigeria after a successful transfer of skills.

Ok no problem but its still a Chinese ship with Nigerian components with 70% of the assembly being in Nigeria, just like our Hawks are still british even though all of them were built/assembled in SA with some SA components with the exception of 1.

For example all of toyotas exported to the southern hemisphere are built in SA, does that then make toyota South African?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
patches689:

Feel free to show us where it says Nigeria is buying the JF-17

Answer now!

Butt Hurt With Burning Envy tongue tongue tongue

Now show me something like this with the name of the OPV South Africa is buying tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

@Andrewza your navy man has been posting Project Biro here over 2 years ago, yet NO single contract, NO ship named, NO single OPV, NO single IPV.....NO money.....SANDF is broke cheesy cheesy
Sources have been posted that SAN will definitely acquire opv+ipv in the next 5 years, now go play on the train track!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Now show me something like this with the name of the OPV South Africa is buying tongue tongue tongue

Why will we envy you when we have the gripen? and we are building our ipv+opv sources have been posted.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

Ok no problem but its still a Chinese ship with Nigerian components with 70% of the assembly being in Nigeria, just like our Hawks are still british even though all of them were built/assembled in SA with some SA components with the exception of 1.

For example all of toyotas exported to the southern hemisphere are built in SA, does that then make toyota South African?
it does not,i understand your point.still,its reassuring that we'll soon begin manufacturing 100% locally made OPVs.and stop relying on those 20 years old egyptian canoes and floating cardboard boxes america deemed fit to 'gift' us.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
"Godwin's law (or Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"[2][3]—​ that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism."

"For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress.[8] This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's law. It is considered poor form to raise such a comparison arbitrarily with the motive of ending the thread."

No one is allowed to call or compare someone to Hitler, or the THREAD WILL END and iam really enjoying it so please dont.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2014
MikeCZAR:

1. When?

2. Where?

3. Name thee unitv

4. How you reached that percentage?

SADF had 4,000 men frontline. UNITA group saved you with about 80,000 men frontline.

Your ego has crashed today .
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
i have recently thought of becoming the nigerian president.who will vote for me?.when i become president,the military would be my first and biggest priority.now who will vote for me on this thread?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

Exactly. This was how Patches689, MikeZA (now Mikeczar), we're claiming BAE systems as a south-african company.

Today, they've been caught lying, again.

*on all toyota's used in Southern hemisphere claim, I disagree.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Well played. You've boxed him up in a tight corner.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
i have recently thought of becoming the nigerian president.who will vote for me?.when i become president,the military would be my first and biggest priority.now who will vote for me on this thread?

Hahahahahahahahah forget health-care, Education, Agriculture, infrastructure etc etc. but hey iam not Nigerian so my opinion doesnt count as i cant vote.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
Henry120:

Exactly. This was how Patches689, MikeZA (now Mikeczar), we're claiming BAE systems as a south-african company.

Today, they've been caught lying, again.

*on all toyota's used in Southern hemisphere claim, I disagree.
Bae land systems or OMC before the name change is subsidiary of Bae group which is british but Bae land systems itself is a South African company, it will be merged/bought by Denel, dus it will still be a South African company with a 100% South African Parent.

As for the Toyota thing i might have over exaggerated abit but all the the Cressida, Corolla, Yaris, Auris, HiAce, Hilux and an assortment of Hino Truck models sold in the Southern Hemisphere are built in South Africa
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

Hahahahahahahahah forget health-care, Education, Agriculture, infrastructure etc etc. but hey iam not Nigerian so my opinion doesnt count as i cant vote.
health,education,agriculture and infrastructure comes after national defence.all those areas wouldnt be useful or even functioning if we can be invaded by any tom,d1ck,c0ck and harry who is able to gather an army of cheese hawkers!.all our pretty skyscrapers would be leveled into granite and glass by just one enemy missile!,schools and hospitals would be turned into haunted shacks by a few ATGMs,half germinated potato tubers would be ripped off the ground like teeth on chicken by a few guided bombs.defence of a nation should always come first,it is in power and peace that all other things can be enjoyed

(1) (2) (3) ... (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.