Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,358 members, 7,850,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4458939 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza: Why did Nigeria complian about a SAN ship near ivory coast but not french and other Nato ships and french troops on the ground that prevent a diplomating out come and went straight to useing force.

SA suported the no fly zone in libya to force diplomatinc solustion. But latter went after NATO for viloating that no fly zone by attacking libyian ground forces in support of rebbels.

It seems Seleka has western(french backing and support of some kind. Seleka rebel leaders operat in freedom from from france and seleka has handed the country to the west on a diomond platter.

SA is trying to stop out side influnce in Africa. We basically threanted Botswan because there was a rumour they may want a US base. Where nigeria dose nothing about niger.
French war ships are not in the gulf of guinea, at least they don't come without invitation. In the case of Niger, did you ask yourself if we didn't actually ask for the drone base to help us fight the terrorists when they hide in neighbouring countries ? French troops on the ground: the francophones are still french puppets, what can we do about that ? We created ECOWAS, we wanted to help them get rid of francs cfa, but they refused.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by grafikii: 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: So the situation in Libya and Ivory coast is better? shocked shocked, abeg don't fool yourself, Nigeria went in Ivory coast because France asked and to defend France interests.
Ask yourself why didn't go to Mali before French approval?
What is this one saying?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
Henry120:

This APC has camera's( thermal and night vision capabilities) around it and a monitor inside.

Post a photo of the APC, you are talking about.
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkk-tnkmgUkwFnBOxnF7ucwLY0XdgnTzDP31c3V5DuCz1P3UuFZhOKolGX[/img]

Mamba APC. Notice large(bulliet proofed up to 7.62mm NATO) widows and roof hatches.

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqb-c6mtwezy2-3N_GRRFrV6GOmmqLHqfIwYiHOngbDi_3Tzt7UftUfzQO[/img]
Casspir APC. Same has the above.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhrnMRtUeW2HO8FG6VEtzenrF3SwpOGpRBkS4HHRWP0HDwJInQVfhVCUhiEw[/img]
This a new RG35 APC. Again all round vissbilty. With larg windows. It all so can carry up to a 30mm auto canon in a turret or remout mount.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1fpAHPtdaUPoh1D8mY8Lpyiqbkw2_Goe_oJmN8LnvSQkAeZTsp3lF8J-rLQ[/img]
The new badger relies on muilpil colur viedo camrras. Though they not has good has widows.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
grafikii:
What is this one saying?
mo.ron don't quote if you have nothing to say.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4: French war ships are not in the gulf of guinea, at least they don't come without invitation. In the case of Niger, did you ask yourself if we didn't actually ask for the drone base to help us fight the terrorists when they hide in neighbouring countries ? French troops on the ground: the francophones are still french puppets, what can we do about that ? We created ECOWAS, we wanted to help them get rid of francs cfa, but they refused.

There where at least 2 nato ships during the ivor coast crisses.

Why do you need us manded drones. Why can't they provid the drones and a small training team but let the locals do the actul oprastion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza:

There where at least 2 nato ships during the ivor coast crisses.

Why do you need us manded drones. Why can't they provid the drones and a small training team but let the locals do the actul oprastion.
We don't want the bad publicity of striking our neighbours with drones, it's not good for business. those nato ships were invited guests were on a joint operation with us.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4: We don't want the bad publicity of striking our neighbours with drones, it's not good for business.

You don't need to arm them. SA has yet to arm any drones even though denel has a armend version of the seeker 400. Personal I thing they would be great for anti pouaching patrols. But I doubt that would happen.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4:
We offered to fight the terrorists in mali before "french approval". We just didn't want to spend too much money on it like we did in Liberia and sierra leone. The only thing we were waiting for was on agreement with UN consigning the fundings. That is done. And as you may know, we are not taking orders from France.
Go and ask biya who gives him orders ?

you are funny , i love naijan and the way they live in denial wink wink

1) you didn't answer:
is the situation better in Ivory coast?
is the situation better in Libya?

2) how exactly do you think you are fighting dictators by replacing Gbagbo with outtara?

3) since you are dictators fighters wink, why almighty Nigeria didn't intervene in Guinea conakry and Niger after their respective military coup?

4) what is an dictator?

5) can you give me(with a link which order Biya took from france) wink wink..the Only sign of puppetry is our currency

don't fight who you are a big Western puppet:

Total and Peugeot are good examples of who controls your economy.

Biya is a puppet so is GEJ undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

you are funny , i love naijan and the way they live in denial wink wink

1) you didn't answer:
is the situation better in Ivory coast?
is the situation better in Libya?

2) how exactly do you think you are fighting dictators by replacing Gbagbo by outtara?

3) since you are dictators fighters wink, why almighty Nigeria didn't intervene in Guinea conakry and Niger after their respective military coup?

4) what is an dictator?

5) can you give me(with a link which order Biya took from france) wink wink..the Only sign of puppetry is our currency

don't fight who you are a big Western puppet:

Total and Peugeot are good examples of who controls your economy.

Biya is a puppet so is GEJ undecided
GEJ is certainly not a puppet.
Biya is not only a dictator but he maintains his power thanks to his masters (the french)
No the situations in Libya is not better but that of Côte d'ivoire is better.
Our army is locally trained while yours is trained by France, we build many of our weapons and we are in the process of being able to build them all. Yet Cameroon relies essentially on France for weapons. You even carry the famas. You are still a french colony. your money is controled by France, can you imagine ?
Nigeria wants to be friends with France in order to get access to its colonies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza:

You don't need to arm them. SA has yet to arm any drones even though denel has a armend version of the seeker 400. Personal I thing they would be great for anti pouaching patrols. But I doubt that would happen.
giving that we have our own drones, both foreign and locally made, I think it's a matter of anti terror cooperation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza:

Why is SA against israel ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
At patriot.

Nigeria has a lot of traing done with western forces with there more speciol operstion types. Normally israel and USA. Though there is nothing specliol with this. Our SAN did training with both the USMC and US coast gaurd.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4: GEJ is certainly not a puppet.
Biya is not only a dictator but he maintains his power thanks to his masters (the french)
Our army is locally trained while yours is trained by France, we build many of our weapons and we are in the process of being able to build them all. Yet Cameroon relies essentially on France for weapons. You even carry the famas. You are still a french colony.
it's better to keep quiet .my friend the only think who makes you think we are a puppet is because we speak french, admit it.
because only a fool will say our army is trained by french shocked shocked shocked since when? grin grin
our Army is trained by israeli ,most our weapons come from them. don't know where you take your information. BTW do we manufacture weapons? no we don't have the money to manufacture weapons ..and please stop spreading lies you don't build many of your weapons.
our army locally trained ke? what do you mean ..so the american
joint training was fake? you mean there are no Nigerians officers/soldiers in foreign countries getting trained? stop fooling yourself my man wink wink

don't know was is fams?

Ivory coast situation is not better , i don't want to post gory videos here so check by yourself on youtube and dailymotion

Nigerian soldiers are undergoing anti-terrorism training abroad following a recent spate of deadly gun and bomb attacks blamed on a radical Islamist sect, an army spokesman said on Thursday.

“This new type of act of terrorism is alien to Nigeria. So, some soldiers are undergoing training in anti-terrorism and allied crimes in some foreign countries to fight this menace,” Ralph Isah told AFP by telephone.

He would not give details on the number of troops involved, the duration of the training nor identify the countries they were sent to.

“It is a cross-breeding of ideas. Some of these countries have more knowledge about this form of terrorism which is new to us. So, we sent the soldiers there to see and learn how they handle such a situation,” Isah said.

Once they become operational, the units will “reinforce the capability of soldiers deployed in the northeast of the country, and especially to Borno State,” he added.

Isah said the army also plans to train locally special crack anti-terrorism units.
The announcement came as security forces tightened their grip on restive northern Nigeria as they hunted for the perpetrators of a spate of bombings in Maiduguri, capital of Borno State, that has left at least 30 people dead since Sunday.

Although there has not yet been any claim of responsibility for the attacks, suspicion fell on the shadowy Islamist sect Boko Haram.

The sect’s attacks are typically carried out by motorcycle riders who shoot and speed off or hurl home-made bombs.

Boko Haram, whose name means “Western education is a sin”, is blamed for almost daily attacks targeting police, military personnel and politicians as well as

^^ so much for your soldiers being trained locally grin grin wink wink, i know i know cool
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/nigerian-troops-on-anti-terrorism-training-abroad/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4:
Why is SA against israel ?

Isreal support the aparthied regiem same as france. Hence the current disslike.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza: At patriot.

Nigeria has a lot of traing done with western forces with there more speciol operstion types. Normally israel and USA. Though there is nothing specliol with this. Our SAN did training with both the USMC and US coast gaurd.

Yes but we also embark on joint operations. I guess those are GEJ's allies. Yarad'ua was much closer to North Korea. Maybe the next president will not like the US so much, who knows.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza: At patriot.

i wonder what he meant by your soldiers are trained in france that's a blatant lie

Most of our forces are trained locally.
the rest are in USA, China, Israel, France and Morocco.
the same with Nigerians army only an empty barrel will say the contrary
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4: GEJ is certainly not a puppet.
Biya is not only a dictator[b] but he maintains his power thanks to his masters[/b](the french)
Our army is locally trained while yours is trained by France, we build many of our weapons and we are in the process of being able to build them all. Yet Cameroon relies essentially on France for weapons. You even carry the famas. You are still a french colony. your money is controled by France, can you imagine ?
Nigeria wants to be friends with France in order to get access to its colonies.
care to explain the bold..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i wonder what he meant by your soldiers are trained in france that's a blatant lie

Most of our forces are trained locally.
the rest are in USA, China, Israel, France and Morocco.
the same with Nigerians army only an empty barrel will say the contrary
Your soldiers, at least your officers are trained by France, everybody knows that.
We have all necessary military institutions in Nigeria, we sometimes send officers abroad to get new skills or to be trained on weapons we are about to buy or just as foreign exchage student.
You on the other hand ...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: care to explain the bold..
Is it a secret to you that France owns your country ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
Well at least I can Say SA training is all local.

We have the second largest ground training zone in the world.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza: Well at least I can Say SA training is all local.

We have the second largest ground training zone in the world.
Our training as well is all local. We only send few officers as "foreign students", all armies do that, I bet even SA.
India sends officers as "foreign students" to Nigeria as well. It is a common practice. You learn the methods of other armies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza: [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkk-tnkmgUkwFnBOxnF7ucwLY0XdgnTzDP31c3V5DuCz1P3UuFZhOKolGX[/img]

Mamba APC. Notice large(bulliet proofed up to 7.62mm NATO) widows and roof hatches.

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqb-c6mtwezy2-3N_GRRFrV6GOmmqLHqfIwYiHOngbDi_3Tzt7UftUfzQO[/img]
Casspir APC. Same has the above.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhrnMRtUeW2HO8FG6VEtzenrF3SwpOGpRBkS4HHRWP0HDwJInQVfhVCUhiEw[/img]
This a new RG35 APC. Again all round vissbilty. With larg windows. It all so can carry up to a 30mm auto canon in a turret or remout mount.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1fpAHPtdaUPoh1D8mY8Lpyiqbkw2_Goe_oJmN8LnvSQkAeZTsp3lF8J-rLQ[/img]
The new badger relies on muilpil colur viedo camrras. Though they not has good has widows.

Okay, I see what you mean. For the nigerian APC, we cannot exactly say for sure, that the windows are not big enough. We would need another photo, to make a more informed judgement.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4:
Our training as well is all local. We only send few officers as "foreign students", all armies do that, I bet even SA.
India sends officers as "foreign students" to Nigeria as well. It is a common practice. You learn the methods of other armies.

Officers going on forghin course is diffrent. Even normal junoir ranks do it. It not so much training has learing how others do it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4:
Your soldiers, at least your officers are trained by France, everybody knows that.
We have all necessary military institutions in Nigeria, we sometimes send officers abroad to get new skills or to be trained on weapons we are about to buy or just as foreign exchage student.
You on the other hand ...
stop spreading lies eheee
from trained locally to we send sometimes shocked shocked so you even send them outside? grin grin

@bold, i'm suppose to believe it because you said so? provide a link the way i did to debunk yours: "our soldiers are trained locally"

french ruling our army , that's a myth naijan like to believe, France are sweating to become relevant in Cameroon lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, like seriously have you ever seen Cameroon playing french's dog in others countries? why so?

Cameroon counts several time-honored schools for the training of law enforcement officers and soldiers. They include among others the Higher National Police School, ENSP in Yaoundé; the Interarmed Military School, EMIA; the International School for Security Forces, EIFORCES; the Mutengene Police Training College, etc
http://thecameroonnews.com/?itemid=820

The Cameroonian Armed Forces generally has been an apolitical force dominated by civilian control. Traditional dependence on the French defense capability, although reduced, continues to be the case as French military advisers remain closely involved in preparing the Cameroonian forces for deployment to the contested Bakassi Peninsula. The armed forces number 37,000-38,000 personnel in ground, air, and naval forces.

The Cameroonian armed forces have bases spread all over Cameroon, including in Ngaoundéré. Air Force bases are located in Garoua, Yaoundé, Douala and Bamenda.[citation needed]

"China has an ongoing military-military relationship with Cameroon, which includes training for Cameroonian military students each year in China, technical advisers to assist in repairing Cameroonian military vehicles and naval vessels, and Chinese military sales." (Wikileaks United States diplomatic cables leak 10YAOUNDE95)
http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Military_of_Cameroon.html^^
As you can see your claims that our officers are trained in France is fake ..the only France presence is with advisers ...who are sweating to remain relevant it's not easy to get rid of those people ...but the way you talk some can think there are no training facilities in Cameroon , i mean like really so 25.000 Cameroonian soldiers are in France grin grin
what i find funny is the whole Cemac use our facilities
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza:

Officers going on forghin course is diffrent. Even normal junoir ranks do it. It not so much training has learing how others do it.
Yes that is what I am talking about.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza:

they like to feel superior don't worry we are getting there

last year a big contingent of Nigerian soldiers were in the USA even the chief of security of gej.. don't ask me how i know it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
I said by France, not in France.
Wouldn't you say that there are some french "military advisors" in cameroon.
CAMEROONPRIDE: stop spreading lies eheee
from trained locally to we send sometimes shocked shocked so you even send them outside? grin grin

@bold, i'm suppose to believe it because you said so? provide a link the way i did to debunk yours: "our soldiers are trained locally"

french ruling our army , that's a myth naijan like to believe, France are sweating to become relevant in Cameroon lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, like seriously have you ever seen Cameroon playing french's dog in others countries? why so?

Cameroon counts several time-honored schools for the training of law enforcement officers and soldiers. They include among others the Higher National Police School, ENSP in Yaoundé; the Interarmed Military School, EMIA; the International School for Security Forces, EIFORCES; the Mutengene Police Training College, etc
http://thecameroonnews.com/?itemid=820

The Cameroonian Armed Forces generally has been an apolitical force dominated by civilian control. Traditional dependence on the French defense capability, although reduced, continues to be the case as French military advisers remain closely involved in preparing the Cameroonian forces for deployment to the contested Bakassi Peninsula. The armed forces number 37,000-38,000 personnel in ground, air, and naval forces.

The Cameroonian armed forces have bases spread all over Cameroon, including in Ngaoundéré. Air Force bases are located in Garoua, Yaoundé, Douala and Bamenda.[citation needed]

"China has an ongoing military-military relationship with Cameroon, which includes training for Cameroonian military students each year in China, technical advisers to assist in repairing Cameroonian military vehicles and naval vessels, and Chinese military sales." (Wikileaks United States diplomatic cables leak 10YAOUNDE95)
http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Military_of_Cameroon.html^^
As you can see your claims that our officers are trained in France is fake ..the only France presence is with advisers ...who are sweating to remain relevant it's not easy to get rid of those people ...but the way you talk some can think there are no training facilities in Cameroon , i mean like really so 25.000 Cameroonian soldiers are in France grin grin
what i find funny is the whole Cemac use our facilities

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: they like to feel superior don't worry we are getting there

last year a big contingent of Nigerian soldiers were in the USA even the chief of security of gej.. don't ask me how i know it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Now, link please.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4: Now, link please.
i have the pictures there are kind of private ....check Naijan soliers or military in Massachusetts on Google
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
i refrain to post here because many of my family members are officers i can't post their pics and i'm to lazy to browse the net to find some ....anyway i found some pics

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i have the pictures there are kind of private ....check Naijan soliers or military in Massachusetts on Google
Link please.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i refrain to post here because many of my family members are officers i can't post their pics and i'm to lazy to browse the net to find some ....anyway i found some pics
who is in that picture and where are they ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.