Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4447511 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
Let's call a spade a spade, the mission was poorly planned and the soldiers(incompetent) were deployed in a haste .. thatz all However, I still believe in *shan*deaf* grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
nig2change: Pls SA troops were fighting child soldiers. See link. http://m.timesofindia.com/world/rest-of-world/Child-soldiers-killed-in-Central-African-Republic-South-African-troops-claim/articleshow/19309919.cms?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweets
Needless to say that five hundred dead kids would have made the news everywhere in the world, and the Red Cross would have picked on that, such as other NGOs, so I get the fealing SANDF surrendered to children. That is the ultimate redicule.
Enough said.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2013
patriot4:
I can see you debating with your compatriots here:
avatar RabbleRouser - March 26, 2013 at 12:34 Report commentComments Policy
Don't hold your breath for any intelligent answers. The ones that have been delivered so far are so thin and pathetic that it is an insult to one's intelligence.

'National interests' is just an euphemism for business interest of top ANC business people and politicians. They have simply sent in some pawns in an attempt to protect and defend their investments and shares in business activities there. The ANC led government has absolutely no interest in the well being of the citizens of CAR or the veiled excuse called peace.

Neveretheless, it has revealed how run down the SANDF has become. The SANDF has simply descended into a tin pot unit that cannot even prop up a tin pot dictator. They just sent in some CAR guards.
7 0 Reply to RabbleRouser | 0 comments (hide) | Delete
avatar Andrew Coetzee - March 26, 2013 at 12:35 Report commentComments Policy
On how our men where able to hold out. Maybe because they good at what they do and did not run away.
2 6 Reply to Andrew Coetzee | 1 comment (hide) | Delete
avatar slipslidinaway - March 26, 2013 at 14:49 Report commentComments Policy
erm... mate, they held nothing out... And they did run away to hide inside their barracks - not that I blame them, I would too - please, just don't harbour any illusions about bravery of the soldiers or their "purpose" in being there. A waste from start to finish.
0 0

And the point of bring out that is.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2013
patriot4: Names of NGO's and links their reports, please.
Everyone here, even the SA boys are now convinced I was saying the truth, I think it is impossible to show you the truth. You are like a blind man.

Really. Because I was not convinced.

I have given the most comprehnsive report on the events. Untill you can dissprove it, it only shows your blidness to the truth.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2013
nig2change: Pls SA troops were fighting child soldiers. See link. http://m.timesofindia.com/world/rest-of-world/Child-soldiers-killed-in-Central-African-Republic-South-African-troops-claim/articleshow/19309919.cms?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweets

A large portion of the rebels wheer in there teens.

It funny how Nigerians will accept what south african sources say when it suits them but dissmiss what dose not. Even if it is the very dame source.

And nigeria fough child solders in seirr leon. So your point is what again.

A built from a 14 year old is just has deadly has a built from a 40 year old.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
patriot4: Names of NGO's and links their reports, please.
Everyone here, even the SA boys are now convinced I was saying the truth, I think it is impossible to show you the truth. You are like a blind man.

even if @andrewza wants to surrender to @patriot4, he won't be able because south African soldiers lost their white flag while running away so fast from the CAR rebels.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
patriot4: Needless to say that five hundred dead kids would have made the news everywhere in the world, and the Red Cross would have picked on that, such as other NGOs, so I get the fealing SANDF surrendered to children. That is the ultimate redicule.
Enough said.

First not all of them where kids
Second both the un and red cross have mentioned the fact child solders where used
3rd a 16 year old is considerd a child by law.
4th find a source that says sa surrended at all

5th. I find it funny hoe you agree with sa sourses when the suit you
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2013
agaugust:

even if @andrewza wants to surrender to @patriot4, he won't be able because south African soldiers lost their white flag while running away so fast from the CAR rebels.

Once again find a credbrill source to back up your claim or sit down a keep dreaming about your nigerian navy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2013
andrewza:

A large portion of the rebels wheer in there teens.

It funny how Nigerians will accept what south african sources say when it suits them but dissmiss what dose not. Even if it is the very dame source.

And nigeria fough child solders in seirr leon. So your point is what again.

A built from a 14 year old is just has deadly has a built from a 40 year old.
"A built from a 14 year old is just has deadly has a built from a 40 year old" Lord of war
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EFCC1(m): 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
5 SA soldier killed in an helicopter crash while on patrol...RIP to d dead
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2013
patriot4:
"A built from a 14 year old is just has deadly has a built from a 40 year old" Lord of war

Yes. But it is true non the less.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
EFCC1: 5 SA soldier killed in an helicopter crash while on patrol...RIP to d dead

To give more detials. It was a A109 in the kruger national park. And it was a anti rhino patrol

Since there still a investigastion not much can be said on the cause. Though A109 where grounded not long ago due to manfuctor deffects discoverd.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
andrewza:

To give more detials. It was a A109 in the kruger national park. And it was a anti rhino patrol

Since there still a investigastion not much can be said on the cause. Though A109 where grounded not long ago due to manfuctor deffects discoverd.
Why are your boys not in mali ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
andrewza:

Yes. But it is true non the less.

where is @snydergp and @msauza ? both KIA or MIA in CAR ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:38pm On Mar 31, 2013
patriot4: Why are your boys not in mali ?

We where never asked. Ecomog dose not SA since the SAS drakensberg insodent.

Money. With out montary support SA will not deploy a force so far from her borders unless it was only a small force. And what the point of sending a few hundred in to mali.

Not our problem really. If the securty in Mali get bade both Nigeria and Chad will suffer. Hence those to sent a large force. How ever SA has only limted inrtisted in mali(we funded some museum) and has no extrimist islamic force.

Those are logical resaons. How ever since Zuma did say if the UN/AU put in mission in place SA would provide men. I would go with the first one has the resone.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
agaugust:

where is @snydergp and @msauza ? both KIA or MIA in CAR ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
andrewza:

We where never asked. Ecomog dose not SA since the SAS drakensberg insodent.

Money. With out montary support SA will not deploy a force so far from her borders unless it was only a small force. And what the point of sending a few hundred in to mali.

Not our problem really. If the securty in Mali get bade both Nigeria and Chad will suffer. Hence those to sent a large force. How ever SA has only limted inrtisted in mali(we funded some museum) and has no extrimist islamic force.

Those are logical resaons. How ever since Zuma did say if the UN/AU put in mission in place SA would provide men. I would go with the first one has the resone.
OK, I guess it is a problem of funding.
Please tell me, why does SA keep protecting dictators ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
...dictators like laurent gabgbo of ivory coast...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2013
agaugust: ...dictators like laurent gabgbo of ivory coast...
Qaddafi, Gbagbo, Bozizé, Mugabe. humm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
andrewza:

And the point of bring out that is.

Inasmuch as I do not subscribe to my compatriot @patriot4 invading your privacy as he has done, the post above shows that we(nigerians) have been right all along. As your country man in the attachment posted by @patriot4 alludes to all of what we have said, and continue to say on this thread.

SANDF personnel were roundly defeated by SELEKA rebels in CAR and your troops ran away in apparent clear show of cowardice.

Your EGO, andrewza would not allow you accept the true fact that you were defeated in CAR. If this is how your fellow service men in SANDF think, I'm sorry to say, you'd get defeated again, and again in CAR. You should be humble, take the defeat like a man.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
Nigeria has a new wheeled armoured personnel carrier/ operational support vehicle. PROFORCE1

PROFORCE LIMITED’s Pf1 is a wheeled Tactical Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) capable of traveling across rough terrain and fording water or any other form of obstacles up to 800mm depth.
The vehicle has excellent battlefield or civil deployment mobility and is extremely versatile. The Pf1 has been specially designed and manufactured by PROFORCE (Defence) LIMITED. The Pf1 has the seating capacity of ten (10) personnel including driver and commander.

THE BALLISTICS
Transparent & opaque ballistic materials that are installed on all of the makes and models of Proforce Limited’s Armored Personnel Carriers-APCs are routinely and carefully being tested in-house as well as by certified independent test laboratories.

VARIANTSCHARACTERISTICS TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
- Police–Pf1
- Armoured Personnel Carrier-Pf1
- Combat Surveillance–Pf1
- Missile Weapon Carrier-Pf1
- Command & Control Vehicle-Pf1
- Ambulance-Pf1Fording: 800mm
Slide Slope: 40%
Gradient: 60%
Obstacle: 500mm
Trench: 750mmMTU 4R 106 Td21 Diesel Turbocharged – Intercooled( Euro 3) Welded Ballistic Steel Armour Complied to STANAG 4569 Level 1 Controls and Instruments
DIMENSION & WEIGHTPf1 – MILITARYPf1 – POLICE
Length (mm)51005474
Width (mm)24902600
Height (mm)25002460
Ground Clearance (mm)367374
Wheelbase (mm)29002900
Approach Angle (deg)4529.2
Departure Angle (deg)5037.2
Kerb Weight (kg)78507850
Combat Weight (kg)1000010000
Payload (kg)20002000
PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS ENGINE
Max. forward speed (km/h): 110
Max. reverse speed (km/h): 15
Min. crawl speed (km/h): 4
Cruising speed (km/h): 90
Cruising range (km/h): 500
Cruising long range tank (km/h): 800
Acceleration 0 to 80 (secs): 26
Turning circle (wall to wall): 14.5
Power to weight ratio: 21.5Type: MTU 4R 106 Td21, 4cy. In-line. Diesel Turbocharged-Intercooled (Euro 3)
Displacement (cc): 4800
Gross power (kW/rpm):160(218hp)/2200
Peak Torque (Nm/rpm): 750/1500
TRANSMISSION, DRIVE LINE & SUSPENSION

Transmission: Allison 2000 series, 4th generation automatic, 5 speed auto with lock-up
Transfer case: ZF VG 750, 2 speed with lock-upfitted
Axles: Axles 3000 series planetary axles
Types: XZL Michelin 365/80 R20 fitted with Hutchinson VFI run flat insert(CTIS system-optional
Wheel/Rims: 11x 20, aluminium split rim
Suspension: Hydro-pneumatic multi-link, spring element; hydro-pneumatic studs, axles control: 3 longitudinal links with panhard rod
Brakes: Air operated spring disc with ABS
Parking brake: Pneumatic control on wheels of 2nd axles
Steering: ZF 8095, hydraulic assisted integral re-circulation ball with variable ratio steering gear box
FEATURES

Electrical system: 24 V(2 X 12V)
Air conditioning system: 6 kW cooling capacity, spot cooling
Armament – main: 7.62mm GPMG (Pintle Mount), 2 banks of 3 x 76mm Grenade Launcher
Armour protection-(Kinetic-all round): STANAG 4569 Level 2 (Level 4-optional), STANAG 4569 Level 1(Level 2 & 4- optional)
Land mine: STANAG 4569 Level 2b (Level 3a- optional)
Winch: 4,000kg (9,000lb) electric type & portable
CCTV system: Heavy duty outdoor for all round observation
PA system: Siren PA with speaker
Searchlights: Fitted at front & rear of the vehicle
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Radio communication system: I x VHF, I x HF with intercom 4 crew, I x HF with intercom 2 crew
Wheel mounting/dismounting: For run flat tyre system
Armament – main: 7.62mm GPMG (Pintle Mount), 2 banks of 3 x 76mm Grenade Launcher
BC system: Overpressure system

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2013

i thought south africans say AK-47 rifle is outdated, why did they die when child soldiers fired AK-47 bullets on south african army in CAR ? grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
Can someone end this topic please ?
I am starting to have pitty for the South africans.
At the begginning I just couldn't take the level of ignorance they were using to mock us, now I just feel sad for them.
Please moderator, end this topic.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
The picture above is that of the wheeled APC.

However, this same photo had been used by many news agencies to represent the nigerian army made APC(igirigi 1) , defenceweb.co.za, helped to peddle this mis-information.

The true information is , the APC above is owned by a privately owned nigerian defence company (PROFORCE), who are a major defence contractor to the federal govt of nigeria. The company based in abeokuta, also makes armoured patrol crafts, bullet proof vest & helmets, amoured quick response vehicles, armoured urban trucks(same as those used to transport SWAT teams) and many more.

Nigeria deployed many of these APC's to mali.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
patriot4: Can someone end this topic please ?
I am starting to have pitty for the South africans.
At the begginning I just couldn't take the level of ignorance they were using to mock us, now I just feel sad for them.
Please moderator, end this topic.

has andrewza finally got one of his teenage sisters agree to marry you ? i suspect your sudden change of heart ! lol grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:30pm On Mar 31, 2013
@andrewza exposed via facebook.

P O S T E D C O N T E N T R E M O V E D by @agaugust for privacy reasons.

@andrewza i apologize to you for this post, i have deleted your photo and 'data'
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:36pm On Mar 31, 2013
Henry120: Nigeria has a new wheeled armoured personnel carrier/ operational support vehicle. PROFORCE1

PROFORCE LIMITED’s Pf1 is a wheeled Tactical Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) capable of traveling across rough terrain and fording water or any other form of obstacles up to 800mm depth.
The vehicle has excellent battlefield or civil deployment mobility and is extremely versatile. The Pf1 has been specially designed and manufactured by PROFORCE (Defence) LIMITED. The Pf1 has the seating capacity of ten (10) personnel including driver and commander.

THE BALLISTICS
Transparent & opaque ballistic materials that are installed on all of the makes and models of Proforce Limited’s Armored Personnel Carriers-APCs are routinely and carefully being tested in-house as well as by certified independent test laboratories.

VARIANTSCHARACTERISTICS TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
- Police–Pf1
- Armoured Personnel Carrier-Pf1
- Combat Surveillance–Pf1
- Missile Weapon Carrier-Pf1
- Command & Control Vehicle-Pf1
- Ambulance-Pf1Fording: 800mm
Slide Slope: 40%
Gradient: 60%
Obstacle: 500mm
Trench: 750mmMTU 4R 106 Td21 Diesel Turbocharged – Intercooled( Euro 3) Welded Ballistic Steel Armour Complied to STANAG 4569 Level 1 Controls and Instruments
DIMENSION & WEIGHTPf1 – MILITARYPf1 – POLICE
Length (mm)51005474
Width (mm)24902600
Height (mm)25002460
Ground Clearance (mm)367374
Wheelbase (mm)29002900
Approach Angle (deg)4529.2
Departure Angle (deg)5037.2
Kerb Weight (kg)78507850
Combat Weight (kg)1000010000
Payload (kg)20002000
PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS ENGINE
Max. forward speed (km/h): 110
Max. reverse speed (km/h): 15
Min. crawl speed (km/h): 4
Cruising speed (km/h): 90
Cruising range (km/h): 500
Cruising long range tank (km/h): 800
Acceleration 0 to 80 (secs): 26
Turning circle (wall to wall): 14.5
Power to weight ratio: 21.5Type: MTU 4R 106 Td21, 4cy. In-line. Diesel Turbocharged-Intercooled (Euro 3)
Displacement (cc): 4800
Gross power (kW/rpm):160(218hp)/2200
Peak Torque (Nm/rpm): 750/1500
TRANSMISSION, DRIVE LINE & SUSPENSION

Transmission: Allison 2000 series, 4th generation automatic, 5 speed auto with lock-up
Transfer case: ZF VG 750, 2 speed with lock-upfitted
Axles: Axles 3000 series planetary axles
Types: XZL Michelin 365/80 R20 fitted with Hutchinson VFI run flat insert(CTIS system-optional
Wheel/Rims: 11x 20, aluminium split rim
Suspension: Hydro-pneumatic multi-link, spring element; hydro-pneumatic studs, axles control: 3 longitudinal links with panhard rod
Brakes: Air operated spring disc with ABS
Parking brake: Pneumatic control on wheels of 2nd axles
Steering: ZF 8095, hydraulic assisted integral re-circulation ball with variable ratio steering gear box
FEATURES

Electrical system: 24 V(2 X 12V)
Air conditioning system: 6 kW cooling capacity, spot cooling
Armour protection-(Kinetic-all round): STANAG 4569 Level 2 (Level 4-optional), STANAG 4569 Level 1(Level 2 & 4- optional)
Land mine: STANAG 4569 Level 2b (Level 3a- optional)
Winch: 4,000kg (9,000lb) electric type & portable
CCTV system: Heavy duty outdoor for all round observation
PA system: Siren PA with speaker
Searchlights: Fitted at front & rear of the vehicle
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Radio communication system: I x VHF, I x HF with intercom 4 crew, I x HF with intercom 2 crew
Wheel mounting/dismounting: For run flat tyre system
BC system: Overpressure system

awesome nigerian made weapon, you forgot to add source weblink, i help you add that below. good job @henry120

weblink source http://beegeagle./2012/06/29/exclusive-the-soon-to-be-inducted-made-in-nigeria-apc/

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4:
Have you ever heard of carthage.
If you haven't then learn, if you have then you know the answer.
Lagos alone is almost as big as South africa.

IDIOT
tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust: @andrewza exposed via facebook. nigerian in france sniffs out the 'notorious' south african andrewza of nairaland...see his photo.

estimated age 32 years to 38 years. race, white. roots/origin dutch. ethnicity, south african white-man boer.

It is un-ethical to do this. If @andrewza wanted his photo on nairaland, he would have put it on his profile here on nairaland himself. It doesn't make any sense to go about invading other peoples privacy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:12am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust: @andrewza exposed via facebook. nigerian in france sniffs out the 'notorious' south african andrewza of nairaland...see his photo.

estimated age 32 years to 38 years. race, white. roots/origin dutch. ethnicity, south african white-man boer.

It is un-ethical to do this. If @andrewza wanted his photo on nairaland, he would have put it on his profile here on nairaland himself. It doesn't make any sense to go about invading other peoples privacy.

You and patriot3 should apologise to the man.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 01, 2013
This is the hilux( pick up truck) used for counter-terrorism operations up-armoured by proforce. The picture quality might not be very good, however una go manage am like that

The second photo, same purpose as the first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.