Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,108 members, 7,849,457 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:57 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4458439 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 01, 2013
Where are we?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:17am On Apr 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Where are we?

nairaland
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:23am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust: @andrewza exposed via facebook.

P O S T E D C O N T E N T R E M O V E D by @agaugust for privacy reasons.

@andrewza i sincerely apologize to you for this post, i have deleted your photo and 'data'
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust:

nairaland
i meant, what are we talking about? Now
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:46am On Apr 01, 2013
Henry120:

It is un-ethical to do this. If @andrewza wanted his photo on nairaland, he would have put it on his profile here on nairaland himself. It doesn't make any sense to go about invading other peoples privacy.

You and patriot3 should apologise to the man.

thanks i have removed my post of his photo and 'data' and i also apologized.

i think @andrewza pushed @patriot4 to the wall with his thinking or lack of thinking, such that the guy wanted to sniff out who he really was. i will be honest with you all, since the day i was born, i have NEVER met any human being that thinks like @andrewza, his comments many times shows he does not think or he does not want to think.

it may be a medical issue, i guess, so i stopped insulting him even when he provokes me. he has Dyslexia, but he didnt tell us early enough. he also didnt tell us he is white until last week.

i have decided to be tolerant of him because of the medical disclosure. maybe it affects his thinking once in a while because he just writes posts/comments that can drive people nuts. very annoying comments.

imagine his comment on nigerian navy new type 056 light frigate, even when i posted web sources that it is technically a light frigate based on weaponry,functions,and manufacturer' specifications, and with english dictionary definitions of warships types, he still said its a orvette not light frigate. very annoying.

same way he said south african navy can challenge USA navy with valour class frigates that the americans will sink in one hour.

the south african GV6 gun has manufacturer tested maximum range of 73km, he claimed it is 100km, crazy like a ballistic missile ! he said his source is guinness books of record and he couldnt quote it to prove and is still adamant on it.

@andrewza can be very annoying, and he gets worse by the day, almost becoming like @snydergp

his strange ways made the france guy sniff him out on facebook.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:25am On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4: OK, I guess it is a problem of funding.
Please tell me, why does SA keep protecting dictators ?

ANC is loyal to thos who helped them during the struggel. It not SA it is the ANC. We in the SANDF have to follow legal orders no matter.

Same resoane other countries(america, china, france extra) we have control of somthing.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:29am On Apr 01, 2013
Henry120:

Inasmuch as I do not subscribe to my compatriot @patriot4 invading your privacy as he has done, the post above shows that we(nigerians) have been right all along. As your country man in the attachment posted by @patriot4 alludes to all of what we have said, and continue to say on this thread.

SANDF personnel were roundly defeated by SELEKA rebels in CAR and your troops ran away in apparent clear show of cowardice.

Your EGO, andrewza would not allow you accept the true fact that you were defeated in CAR. If this is how your fellow service men in SANDF think, I'm sorry to say, you'd get defeated again, and again in CAR. You should be humble, take the defeat like a man.

You know I stoped posting on this thread, because I was waiting for the report I posted. I knew it was comming and that it is the final proof. The fact that I disagreed with a rascit aparthied loyalist has nothing to do with that fact. That man hates all black and thinks you not even human and yet you want to go and use him.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:56am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust:

i thought south africans say AK-47 rifle is outdated, why did they die when child soldiers fired AK-47 bullets on south african army in CAR ? grin

A sword made in the 1100 will still kill you. Do you want to give all your solders swords.

There is nothing wrong with the AK47 diesghin. The problem is there are far better optstions. The Nigerian police in somlia show what I mean. They have AKs but you can clearly see it is not the 47. If you switched over to the AK101 has your main wepaon for exampil you would only need 1 max 2 days to retrain some one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:59am On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza: south africa, where one of our type 209s desstroyed a NATO task force.

andrewza: USS NORMANDY (CG 60) SNMG1 Flagship (USA)
Ticonderoga Class Guided Missile Cruiser

HNLMS EVERTSEN (F805) (Netherlands)
Zeven Provincien Class Defence and Command Frigate

FGS SPESSART (A1442) (Germany)
Rhone Class Replenishment Tanker

HMCS TORONTO (FFH 333) (Canada)
Halifax Class Multi-role Patrol Frigate

NRP ALVARES CABRAL (F331) (Portugal)
Vasco de Gama Class Frigate

HDMS OLFERT FISCHER (F355) (Denmark)
Niels Juel Class Corvette

Those where the ships.

the south african navy submarine was used to target 5 old outdated NATO warships and only 1 modern frigate

HOLLAND's naval ship is a 2005 technology stealth ship and is the only modern ship in the whole 6 ship NATO task force

the 5 other NATO navy ships are much older technology and close to their retirement age, they are :

USA navy ship is 1988 technology and now retired from a service
CANADA's navy ship is 1990 technology
PROTUGAL SICK BABY OF EUROPE's navy ship is 1991 technology
DENMARK navy's ships is 1981 technology and now retired from service
GERMANY's naval ship is an ordinary fuel storage tanker ship with 1977 technology

the SOUTH AFRICAN navy submarine is 2006 technology used against 5 outdated old warships with inferior technology

the NATO navies had better warships but did not bring them to south africa. also, no british, french, german or italian navy warship was present in the NATO force, and these are the 4 most powerful NATO countries in europe.

British navy stealth destroyer warship HMS Daring and US navy Arleigh Burke stealth destroyer warship have both been fully operational since 2006, a year before the so called defeat of NATO warships and they did not come to south africa then for the NATO war game.

nigerian navy too can use our 2009 stealth eagle class fast attack vessel NNS ZARIA to missile target lock the same american 1988 warship because it cannot see the nigeria stealth vessel built with the worlds best stealth technology in austarlia the world stealth masters, then we come to nairaland and boast that nigeria navy defeated american warship !

EGYPT HAS PAID FOR 2 OF THE SAME SOUTH AFRICAN TYPE 209 SUBMARINE

On 31 August 2012, the Egyptian navy commander General/ Osama Ahmed stated that a contract has been signed with the German side to build two type 209 submarines for the Egyptian navy including the latest technology this type has reached.

ALGERIA HAS PAID FOR 2 OF THE SAME SOUTH AFRICAN VALOUR CLASS STEALTH FRIGATES

NIGERIA HAS PAID FOR 2 TYPE 056 LIGHT FRIGATE STEALTH WARSHIPS WITH YEAR 2013 LATEST TECHNOLOGY

these 3 african navies are strongly contesting power for the sea with south african navy, and we cannot know who will win the sea war until the navies clash for real war, not just posting photos on nairaland.

stop deceiving yourselves in south africa, your military can be beaten and r.oasted as we just saw now in CAR by local illiterate rebels.

weblink source : google internet wikipedia of all the ships named in this post, and their full details will be confirmed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:02am On Apr 01, 2013
Henry120: Nigeria has a new wheeled armoured personnel carrier/ operational support vehicle. PROFORCE1

PROFORCE LIMITED’s Pf1 is a wheeled Tactical Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) capable of traveling across rough terrain and fording water or any other form of obstacles up to 800mm depth.
The vehicle has excellent battlefield or civil deployment mobility and is extremely versatile. The Pf1 has been specially designed and manufactured by PROFORCE (Defence) LIMITED. The Pf1 has the seating capacity of ten (10) personnel including driver and commander.

THE BALLISTICS
Transparent & opaque ballistic materials that are installed on all of the makes and models of Proforce Limited’s Armored Personnel Carriers-APCs are routinely and carefully being tested in-house as well as by certified independent test laboratories.

VARIANTSCHARACTERISTICS TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
- Police–Pf1
- Armoured Personnel Carrier-Pf1
- Combat Surveillance–Pf1
- Missile Weapon Carrier-Pf1
- Command & Control Vehicle-Pf1
- Ambulance-Pf1Fording: 800mm
Slide Slope: 40%
Gradient: 60%
Obstacle: 500mm
Trench: 750mmMTU 4R 106 Td21 Diesel Turbocharged – Intercooled( Euro 3) Welded Ballistic Steel Armour Complied to STANAG 4569 Level 1 Controls and Instruments
DIMENSION & WEIGHTPf1 – MILITARYPf1 – POLICE
Length (mm)51005474
Width (mm)24902600
Height (mm)25002460
Ground Clearance (mm)367374
Wheelbase (mm)29002900
Approach Angle (deg)4529.2
Departure Angle (deg)5037.2
Kerb Weight (kg)78507850
Combat Weight (kg)1000010000
Payload (kg)20002000
PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS ENGINE
Max. forward speed (km/h): 110
Max. reverse speed (km/h): 15
Min. crawl speed (km/h): 4
Cruising speed (km/h): 90
Cruising range (km/h): 500
Cruising long range tank (km/h): 800
Acceleration 0 to 80 (secs): 26
Turning circle (wall to wall): 14.5
Power to weight ratio: 21.5Type: MTU 4R 106 Td21, 4cy. In-line. Diesel Turbocharged-Intercooled (Euro 3)
Displacement (cc): 4800
Gross power (kW/rpm):160(218hp)/2200
Peak Torque (Nm/rpm): 750/1500
TRANSMISSION, DRIVE LINE & SUSPENSION

Transmission: Allison 2000 series, 4th generation automatic, 5 speed auto with lock-up
Transfer case: ZF VG 750, 2 speed with lock-upfitted
Axles: Axles 3000 series planetary axles
Types: XZL Michelin 365/80 R20 fitted with Hutchinson VFI run flat insert(CTIS system-optional
Wheel/Rims: 11x 20, aluminium split rim
Suspension: Hydro-pneumatic multi-link, spring element; hydro-pneumatic studs, axles control: 3 longitudinal links with panhard rod
Brakes: Air operated spring disc with ABS
Parking brake: Pneumatic control on wheels of 2nd axles
Steering: ZF 8095, hydraulic assisted integral re-circulation ball with variable ratio steering gear box
FEATURES

Electrical system: 24 V(2 X 12V)
Air conditioning system: 6 kW cooling capacity, spot cooling
Armament – main: 7.62mm GPMG (Pintle Mount), 2 banks of 3 x 76mm Grenade Launcher
Armour protection-(Kinetic-all round): STANAG 4569 Level 2 (Level 4-optional), STANAG 4569 Level 1(Level 2 & 4- optional)
Land mine: STANAG 4569 Level 2b (Level 3a- optional)
Winch: 4,000kg (9,000lb) electric type & portable
CCTV system: Heavy duty outdoor for all round observation
PA system: Siren PA with speaker
Searchlights: Fitted at front & rear of the vehicle
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Radio communication system: I x VHF, I x HF with intercom 4 crew, I x HF with intercom 2 crew
Wheel mounting/dismounting: For run flat tyre system
Armament – main: 7.62mm GPMG (Pintle Mount), 2 banks of 3 x 76mm Grenade Launcher
BC system: Overpressure system

though there is nothing wrong with it, if i was desghing it i would make a few changes, based on SA experiance with these types of small wheeled APCs.

1 larger windows or go like SA new APC,s and IFV and have cammras all round with internal mointors. this is for all round visbielty.

roof hatches in the passger compartment and fireports. allows you to have a infantry sectsion fire while moving.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:05am On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza:

though there is nothing wrong with it, if i was desghing it i would make a few changes, based on SA experiance with these types of small wheeled APCs.

1 larger windows or go like SA new APC,s and IFV and have cammras all round with internal mointors. this is for all round visbielty.

roof hatches in the passger compartment and fireports. allows you to have a infantry sectsion fire while moving.

so nigeria's military ranking should go up in africa, thats why i put us ahead of ethiopia in my review, we have more modern army equipments and weapons manufacturing industry than ethiopia, and nigeria is growing fast buying modern weapons from all over the world at an alarming rate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:05am On Apr 01, 2013
patriot4: Can someone end this topic please ?
I am starting to have pitty for the South africans.
At the begginning I just couldn't take the level of ignorance they were using to mock us, now I just feel sad for them.
Please moderator, end this topic.

I have posted the end all source, the fact you want to still refuseb the truth I have given you is the only thing that is "SAD".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:10am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust: @andrewza exposed via facebook.

P O S T E D C O N T E N T R E M O V E D by @agaugust for privacy reasons.

@andrewza i apologize to you for this post, i have deleted your photo and 'data'

I still have a facebook page.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:14am On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza: south africa, where one of our type 209s desstroyed a NATO task force.

andrewza: USS NORMANDY (CG 60) SNMG1 Flagship (USA)
Ticonderoga Class Guided Missile Cruiser

HNLMS EVERTSEN (F805) (Netherlands)
Zeven Provincien Class Defence and Command Frigate

FGS SPESSART (A1442) (Germany)
Rhone Class Replenishment Tanker

HMCS TORONTO (FFH 333) (Canada)
Halifax Class Multi-role Patrol Frigate

NRP ALVARES CABRAL (F331) (Portugal)
Vasco de Gama Class Frigate

HDMS OLFERT FISCHER (F355) (Denmark)
Niels Juel Class Corvette

Those where the ships.

the south african navy submarine was used to target 5 old outdated NATO warships and only 1 modern frigate

HOLLAND's naval ship is a 2005 technology stealth ship and is the only modern ship in the whole 6 ship NATO task force

the 5 other NATO navy ships are much older technology and close to their retirement age, they are :

GERMANY's naval ship is an ordinary fuel storage tanker ship with 1977 technology

the SOUTH AFRICAN navy submarine is 2006 technology used against 5 outdated old warships with inferior technology

the NATO navies had better warships but did not bring them to south africa. also, no british, french, german or italian navy warship was present in the NATO force, and these are the 4 most powerful NATO countries in europe.

British navy stealth destroyer warship HMS Daring and US navy Arleigh Burke stealth destroyer warship have both been fully operational since 2006, a year before the so called defeat of NATO warships and they did not come to south africa then for the NATO war game.

nigerian navy too can use our 2009 stealth eagle class fast attack vessel NNS ZARIA to missile target lock the same american 1988 warship because it cannot see the nigeria stealth vessel built with the worlds best stealth technology in austarlia the world stealth masters, then we come to nairaland and boast that nigeria navy defeated american warship !

On 31 August 2012, the Egyptian navy commander General/ Osama Ahmed stated that a contract has been signed with the German side to build two type 209 submarines for the Egyptian navy including the latest technology this type has reached.

NIGERIA HAS PAID FOR 2 TYPE 056 LIGHT FRIGATE STEALTH WARSHIPS WITH YEAR 2013 LATEST TECHNOLOGY

these 3 african navies are strongly contesting power for the sea with south african navy, and we cannot know who will win the sea war until the navies clash for real war, not just posting photos on nairaland.

stop deceiving yourselves in south africa, your military can be beaten and r.oasted as we just saw now in CAR by local illiterate rebels.

weblink source : google internet wikipedia of all the ships named in this post, and their full details will be confirmed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:14am On Apr 01, 2013
Henry120: This is the hilux( pick up truck) used for counter-terrorism operations up-armoured by proforce. The picture quality might not be very good, however una go manage am like that

The second photo, same purpose as the first.

the top one reminds me of the ones cops use in SA has sort of a prisoner van the bottom one reminds me of the G wagon actually i thing the bottom is a merc.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:31am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust:

1990 is not old for a ship. Most of the USN is that old or older. The point made is, that fleet has more ASW caperbielties than the entire nigerian navy. That is a fact.

Algeria is not just buying a valour frigat, they buy the exact same ships with SA providing a lot of there sytems.

Sa has put a request for quotsion
For up to 6 corvets sized ships and a simlar number IPV, the ship will all be build in SA. KND is overing the Gowind class has a opstion though we may go with somthing along the meko 100A line to. All that's known, that later this year we will have a order for a larger number of new ships.

All so SA is in the proccsess of upgrading it's strike crafts. The plan is to upgade all 4 including the 2 decomoissiond ones. The upgarde will not change the wepaons or engiiens (a 76mm is really has big has you can go on somthing that small and it max speed is to fast for the hull and has to be limted) it will how ever have the aft 76mm removed and replaced with boat launches fof SF boats and have increased accomdastion. The missel deck is still empty has there is no need for them in it's current role.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:42am On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza:

1990 is not old for a ship. Most of the USN is that old or older. The point made is, that fleet has more ASW caperbielties than the entire nigerian navy. That is a fact.

1990 is not old for a war ship? why did south africa buy 2005 valour frigates then?

year 2006 submarine hiding under the wide ocean targeting a year 1990 warship exposed on the ocean surface, ask your little son in elementary school to predict the winner. south african navy over-rated like south african army fighting rebels in CAR.

i have made my point. case closed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:47am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust:

thanks i have removed my post of his photo and 'data' and i also apologized.

i think @andrewza pushed @patriot4 to the wall with his thinking or lack of thinking, such that the guy wanted to sniff out who he really was. i will be honest with you all, since the day i was born, i have NEVER met any human being that thinks like @andrewza, his comments many times shows he does not think or he does not want to think.

it may be a medical issue, i guess, so i stopped insulting him even when he provokes me. he has Dyslexia, but he didnt tell us early enough. he also didnt tell us he is white until last week.

i have decided to be tolerant of him because of the medical disclosure. maybe it affects his thinking once in a while because he just writes posts/comments that can drive people nuts. very annoying comments.

imagine his comment on nigerian navy new type 056 light frigate, even when i posted web sources that it is technically a light frigate based on weaponry,functions,and manufacturer' specifications, and with english dictionary definitions of warships types, he still said its a orvette not light frigate. very annoying.

same way he said south african navy can challenge USA navy with valour class frigates that the americans will sink in one hour.

the south african GV6 gun has manufacturer tested maximum range of 73km, he claimed it is 100km, crazy like a ballistic missile ! he said his source is guinness books of record and he couldnt quote it to prove and is still adamant on it.

@andrewza can be very annoying, and he gets worse by the day, almost becoming like @snydergp

his strange ways made the france guy sniff him out on facebook.

The link you gave me called it a corvet.

I never said sink the entire USN. I said the vallour class is better than the US equvlent. It is. The lCS are very power in war ship to warship fights, even the USN says this. NNS thunder(the US donated one) would give a LCS one hell of a fight. The perry class is now in it's last stage of live. I nver siad it was the best frigat in the world(the germains have that) nor the best stealth war ship(that either sweeden or finland) but it is better than the nearst US equvlent. The only ships USN have that are better are destroyers that cost at least doubil the amount.

That is the operastional rang. Has in the range it fires at during war. It did how ever fire a expermeental round 100km during a IDEX. Stting a world record. The round was built for range.

I fail to see how race had any thing to do with any thing.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:50am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust:

1990 is not old for a war ship? why did south africa buy 2005 valour frigates then?

year 2005 submarine hiding under the wide ocean targeting a year 1990 warship exposed on the ocean surface, ask your little son in elementary school to predict the winner. i have made my point. case closed.

The same resone that if you have the cash you buy a new car.

The year dose not matter. There are only 2 typs of ships. Submarins and targets.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:16am On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza:
The link you gave me called it a corvet.

you speak english ? or only dutch/afrikaans ? i gave you a whole internet wikipedia definition details that says corvettes and frigates are names used interchangeably depending of the role and weapons on the ship, not only a matter of hull size, and that certain class of corvettes are also called light frigates.

NNS thunder is no frigate despite its size 115m

TYPE 056 is light frigate based on its anti-ship/submarine/aircraft ability,and on board helicopter despite its size 95m

the type 056 weapons and ECM are about equal to the valour frigate, gun size, missiles, and all. only real war can prove a winner between them.

a valour frigate is in great danger facing a type 056 light frigate, the type 056 missiles can sink an aircraft carrier, but NN thunder is no threat.

update your knwoledge from this quote below and dont confuse other people here :

"Corvettes are fast (around 25 knots or better), well-armed ships that displace between 700 and 2000 tons. A corvette is generally not intended for extended ocean-going operations, and is best suited for regional operations. Corvettes are generally the smallest platforms capable of accommodating the sensors, weapons, and combat systems needed to operate in a medium threat environment.
Corvettes are sometimes referred to as light frigates (FFLs). It can be assumed that the hull design for a corvette and that of an offshore patrol vessel are very similar. The differences will be in propulsion and outfitting. Corvettes will have higher speed and therefore less endurance and range than OPV, much greater armament, and less space for provisions and habitability."

weblink source :

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-navy/33514-what-difference-between-frigate-destroyer.html#ixzz2PBcDaiDd
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:28am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust:

you speak english ? or only dutch/afrikaans ? i gave you a whole internet wikipedia definition details that says corvettes and frigates are names used interchangeably depending of the role and weapons on the ship, not only a matter of hull size, and that certain class of corvettes are also called light frigates.

NNS thunder is no frigate despite its size 115m

TYPE 056 is light frigate based on its anti-ship/submarine/aircraft ability,and on board helicopter despite its size 95m

the type 056 weapons and ECM are about equal to the valour frigate, gun size, missiles, and all. only real war can prove a winner between them.

a valour frigate is in great danger facing a type 056 light frigate, the type 056 missiles can sink an aircraft carrier, but NN thunder is no threat.

updaate your knwoledge and dont confuse other people here :

"
Corvettes are fast (around 25 knots or better), well-armed ships that displace between 700 and 2000 tons. A corvette is generally not intended for extended ocean-going operations, and is best suited for regional operations. Corvettes are generally the smallest platforms capable of accommodating the sensors, weapons, and combat systems needed to operate in a medium threat environment. Corvettes are sometimes referred to as light frigates (FFLs). It can be assumed that the hull design for a corvette and that of an offshore patrol vessel are very similar. The differences will be in propulsion and outfitting. Corvettes will have higher speed and therefore less endurance and range than OPV, much greater armament, and less space for provisions and habitability."

weblink source :

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-navy/33514-what-difference-between-frigate-destroyer.html#ixzz2PBcDaiDd

I doubt the ECM/ECW are the same has a valour

Lol sink a aircraft carrier. Yes if you hit the thing enough times. There is only one way to sink a aircraft carrie with one shot. And that is a nuke. Hence there are nukelare torpedos, mines and anti ship missiles.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:34am On Apr 01, 2013
andrewza:

I doubt the ECM/ECW are the same has a valour

Lol sink a aircraft carrier. Yes if you hit the thing enough times. There is only one way to sink a aircraft carrie with one shot. And that is a nuke. Hence there are nukelare torpedos, mines and anti ship missiles.

i am no dummy, i think and you know i think. i never said one missile will sink a carrier. type 056 can launch rapidly 4 anti ship missiles and 6 torpedoes on one target.

one excocet missile sank a whole british destroyer HMS sheffield in falklands war, a destroyer is bigger than a frigate.

i think before i talk, even though i am not perfect, i am human. only God is perfect.

........................[size=24pt]new mighty Nigerian Navy[/size]

ECM/ECW weapons valour vs type 056 cannot be determined by us, only real war can determine the winner. both ships carry the 76mm gun. both ships have same speed. type 056 carries the best chinese technology as the ship just entered service last year 2012 and is designed to counter the best and most modern american navy warship and submarine threat to china in the south sea of china and taiwan.

the chinese put all their best into the type 056 and it is replacing all chinese frigates. it carries the same anti-missile defence as the latest year 2011 chines aircraft carrier called FL-3000N anti-missile systems. These are similar to the American RAM anti-missile missile system, except that they come in a 24 missile launcher. FL-3000N was only introduced in year 2010 and very modern.

nigeria is buying two type 056 warships for its navy, so your south african navy is going to face a very very modern nigeria navy stealth warship, NOT NNS Aradu and NNS Thunder.

nigerian navy will be a more powerful force in africa when those new stealth warships arrive

it will also be the most balanced naval force in africa with combination of world class 300 vessels massive and modern brown water force that egypt, algeria, south africa CANNOT match in any way. nigerian navy has the the largest and most modern brown water navy in the world, even america CANNOT beat us in that aspect of vessel types.

i have googled USA, Russia, China, and all major brown water navy forces in the world, NONE can challenge nigerian navy.

In the 2007-2009 epoch, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation in a bid to improve maritime security in the oil-producing Niger Delta, bankrolled the acquisition of over 225 new additional river patrol boats and landing craft in a deal with the Suncraft Group-Strategic Marine partnership of Singapore and Australia. The said acquisitions cost several hundreds of millions of dollars and it was a matter of extrabudgetary Direct Intervention Funding, carried out outside the orbit of regular defence appropriation, in the national interest. these new 225 vessels were added to the already existing 80 or so vessels. making it the largest such type of force in the world and south african navy can never challenge nigeria in those type of waters.

nigerian coastline is only 850km, so the two new 95m stealths paid for and under construction, and the two planned 110m stealth frigates will be enough with our six new 38m stealth fast strike crafts (four on order, but two delivered NNS ZARIA and NNS BURUTU) combined with out israeli sea drones USV that no other country has in the whole of Africa, then nigerian navy is a MAJOR threat to every other african country including Egypt, Algeria, and South Africa.

weblink sources :

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29434&Itemid=106

https://beegeagle./tag/nigerian-naval-acquisitions/

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:26am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust:

i am no dummy, i think and you know i think. i never said one missile will sink a carrier. type 056 can launch rapidly 4 anti ship missiles and 6 torpedoes on one target.

one excocet missile sank a whole british destroyer HMS sheffield in falklands war, a destroyer is bigger than a frigate.

i think before i talk, even though i am not perfect, i am human. only God is perfect.

ECM/ECW weapons valour vs type 056 cannot be determined by us, only real war can determine the winner. type 056 carries the bst chinese technology as the ship just entered service last year 2012 and is designed to counter the best and most modern american navy warship and submarine threat to china in the south sea of china and taiwan.

the chinese put all their best into the type 056 and it is replacing all chinese frigates.

nigeria is buying two for its navy, so your south african navy is going to face a very very modern nigeria navy stealth warship, NOT NNS Aradu and NNS Thunder.

nigerian navy will be a more powerful force in africa when those new stealth warships arrive

it will also be the most balanced naval force in africa with combination of world class 300 vessels massive and modern brown water force that egypt, algeria, south africa CANNOT match in any way. nigerian navy has the the largest and most modern brown water navy in the world, even america CANNOT beat us in that aspect.

i have googled USA, Russia, China, and all major brown water navy forces in the world, NONE can challenge nigerian navy.

nigerian coastline is only 850km, so the two new 95m stealths paid for and under construction, and the two planned 110m stealth frigates will be enough with our six new 38m stealth fast strike crafts (four on order, but two delivered NNS ZARIA and NNS BURUTU) combined with out israeli sea drones USV that no other country has in the whole of Africa, then nigerian navy is a MAJOR threat to every other african country including Egypt, Algeria, and South Africa.

The brits destroys from that eara are actualy smaller than our frigats. Longer yes but smaller. I know beacuse the have visted us more than a few times.

America is not the best with ECM/EW(though it is not bad). They do have one of the best radars though but even then the dutch 3D radar is better in my eyes.

Chinas plan for the war(if it happens) is to blind the US navies radar so they can hit them with antie ship missiels. SAN operorats with out there radar(why be stealth if you just going to give away your postion) for much of there fights at sea and uses other means to find there targets. So the ECM/EW may be set up diffrent wrong to fight SAN.

Has I said before the biro ships will keep the ballance of power in our hands.

SAN has no need for a larg fleet of small gun boats. The envioroment will mean they would not be of much use. Even our current small boats have no real job other than routine patrols and war games. Though the xena make great boats to operate in flood ares. With no prop they can go any where there hull can and they can go in some prety shallow waters. Combinded with a large passenger sectsion for it's size, it a great river boat and humaterian boat. It can all so go over 30knts and be armend with MGs. Though I still preffer the barricuda. It a speed boat built to be beached and deploy SF teams. But it can carry a 20mm cannon and LMGs and has insane speeds. Though right now the main SF styl boat used is there RIB filled with ballsict foam not air(so it will not go flat with gun fire) used by SF and MRS in sea boarding. It the same boat the USN seals and marine force recon use.

I have all ways said I liked nigerias gun boats.

NN was foolish to buy 2. You should have at least 3. Resoane. All milltary hardware but ships and aircraft spesficly have a 1 out 3 operationl level. What this means is

1 operting/1 in reserve, light maintance, prepering to becom opertsniol/1 in a major maintiance priode or refit.

With 4 frigats SAN barly manges to keep 1 on anti piracy and one ready for local needs and one on stand by(normally busy with light maintaince)

With only 2 OPV/corvets/FFL if one hits a problem(has in somthing breaks) NN could have no OPV/corvets/FFL
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:27am On Apr 01, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:30am On Apr 01, 2013

.......................[size=24pt]new mighty Nigerian Navy[/size]

ECM/ECW weapons valour vs type 056 cannot be determined by us, only real war can determine the winner. both ships carry the 76mm gun. both ships have same speed. type 056 carries the best chinese technology as the ship just entered service last year 2012 and is designed to counter the best and most modern american navy warship and submarine threat to china in the south sea of china and taiwan.

the chinese put all their best into the type 056 and it is replacing all chinese frigates. it carries the same anti-missile defence as the latest year 2011 chines aircraft carrier called FL-3000N anti-missile systems. These are similar to the American RAM anti-missile missile system, except that they come in a 24 missile launcher. FL-3000N was only introduced in year 2010 and very modern.

nigeria is buying two type 056 warships for its navy, so your south african navy is going to face a very very modern nigeria navy stealth warship, NOT NNS Aradu and NNS Thunder.

it will also be the most balanced naval force in africa with combination of world class 300 vessels massive and modern brown water force that egypt, algeria, south africa CANNOT match in any way. nigerian navy has the the largest and most modern brown water navy in the world, even america CANNOT beat us in that aspect of vessel types.

In the 2007-2009 epoch, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation in a bid to improve maritime security in the oil-producing Niger Delta, bankrolled the acquisition of over 225 new additional river patrol boats and landing craft in a deal with the Suncraft Group-Strategic Marine partnership of Singapore and Australia. The said acquisitions cost several hundreds of millions of dollars and it was a matter of extrabudgetary Direct Intervention Funding, carried out outside the orbit of regular defence appropriation, in the national interest. these new 225 vessels were added to the already existing 80 or so vessels. making it the largest such type of force in the world and south african navy can never challenge nigeria in those type of waters.

weblink sources :

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29434&Itemid=106

https://beegeagle./tag/nigerian-naval-acquisitions/

@sheyie2007 and @andrewza
, i posted the nigerian navy info above specially for both of you because you had argument about NNS Aradu versus south african navy. so the above post settles it.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 01, 2013
agaugust:

a quote "the local content of the OPV Project would almost certainly be executed at the 10,000 ton docking facility of the partially-privatised Naval Dockyard, Lagos.

Be that as it may, the ultramodern Franco-Nigerian West Atlantic Shipyard in Port Harcourt can handle the construction of 105m 7,000 ton vessels while the similarly ultramodern Swiss-Nigerian Continental Shipyard in Lagos can handle the construction of 122m 6,000 ton vessels."... andrewza are you happy now?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:47am On Apr 01, 2013
nigerian navy two new stealth warships under construction

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:47am On Apr 01, 2013
construction work going on one of the two new nigerian navy stealth missile light frigates in china's shipyard

@sheyie2007 and @andrewza, i posted the nigerian navy information on this page specially for both of you because you had argument about NNS Aradu versus south african navy. so the above post settles it.

i could have put in more details but its 12 midnight now in my part of the world, i have to go and sleep. thanks.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:56am On Apr 01, 2013
sheyie2007: a quote "the local content of the OPV Project would almost certainly be executed at the 10,000 ton docking facility of the partially-privatised Naval Dockyard, Lagos.

Be that as it may, the ultramodern Franco-Nigerian West Atlantic Shipyard in Port Harcourt can handle the construction of 105m 7,000 ton vessels while the similarly ultramodern Swiss-Nigerian Continental Shipyard in Lagos can handle the construction of 122m 6,000 ton vessels."... andrewza are you happy now?

Yes. Thank you
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 01, 2013
sometimes i do wonder if andrewza ever gets angry. He has absorbed so many negativities here on NL yet you never see him flare up. I admire your person andrewza. But if this is how you are real life then i dont think it is ok as flaring up can be helpful some times. It helps keep people at bay and cuts peoples excesses towards you.

I really think we all should apologize to the nicest person of all in here (SAs and Nigerian) he doesnt deserve what we did to him. Had it been its msauza or snydergp we did this to, i would have been more than happy.

@andrewza i saw one of your suggestions on youtube on rhino poaching. That SA should flood the market with fake and poisonous rhino horns. This shows you are intelligent. Why dont you use that intelligence to protect yourself?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2013
Nigerian navy public acquisition of ships deals made in 2012

* 4 Pipavav OPVs(patterned on the Russian Tigr light frigates)

* 2 Chinese stealth OPVs/ light frigates

* three OPVs/OPCs coming through NIMASA( coast guard)

* Request put in for a used USCG 3,250 ton Hamilton-class frigate.

The nigerian navy and coast guard would be getting 10 ships in total. With these acquisitions the navy would be the undisputed champion of african seas.

We already have africa's largest haul of small and medium crafts.

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-27286/

The contract is worth 11.92 billion rupees (US$213 million) and includes options for another two vessels, which can be exercised within 24 months. In this case the contract value may go up to 25.04 billion rupees (US$448 million).

Both vessels will be delivered in 32 months including option vessels, if exercised, Pipavav announced on August 6. Nigeria may be the source of the order as Strategic Defence Intelligence in February this year reported that Nigeria was undertaking an offshore patrol vessels contract for two vessels, to be finalised in the third quarter of this year. It is assumed that the two OPVs are in addition to the two 1 800 ton OPVs ordered by the Nigerian Navy from China Shipbuilding and Offshore International Limited on April 18 this year.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 01, 2013
andrew you seem like a good fellow, I am sorry for some things I said, and I am sorry for showing your fb page.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.