Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2054) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4435269 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:13am On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
for once in your pathetic life admit being fvckec all over by agaugust. Stop killing this thread by your circle of stupid denials and lame repeatability.

If you managed to keep up with the argument you would notice that augugbug has been soundly defeated and has resorted to posting pictures of mechanics and passing them off as tank crews

Simple fact of the matter is that your tank crews are not properly equipped

Even sanction starved rhodesia was able to give their tank crews proper equipment

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:17am On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
you lost the border war. Stop making reference to that. Besides CIA, America , British and west Germany ready made sure you never lacked logistical supplies but you lost still.

Who said we lost?

All you can find is opinionated and untrustworthy evidence that suggests that one battle out of over 35 fought was at best a draw.

What Western logistical support? I guess you dont know about the massive Western Sanctions and Arms Embargo we were under.

Dude, you are a waste of time.

I am sorry your country sucks, I am sorry we are better than you. But its time to man up and deal with it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:19am On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
I don't expect you to agree to facts; it isn't in your nature.

Whites do not complain because they are secure in their learning and education.

Nigeria and Congolese, Ghanaians, Somalia a and Zimbabweans came into SA to take the jobs created by the fall of apartheid which you Zulu morons couldn't handle and unqualified to take. That's is globalisation, boy.

Why is the ANC making it mandatory for 75% black representatives to be employed? That's insecurity.

In South Africa the best pilots in your schools are traditionally meant to go into the air force while the average ones go into commercial flight. Well, since blacks do not come up tops despite their population, the ANC government are placing Zulu monkeys on the air force and directing whites to fly commercial.

We pity your incompetent, blond government. Ticking time bomb BBC says.

You realize that they do menial labour right? All these foreigners work in gardens and as cleaners in Spaza shops.

Its like saying Mexicans are taking jobs americans are unqualified to work.

Anyway, again you are posting off topic.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 6:34am On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
I don't expect you to agree to facts; it isn't in your nature.

Whites do not complain because they are secure in their learning and education.

Nigeria and Congolese, Ghanaians, Somalia a and Zimbabweans came into SA to take the jobs created by the fall of apartheid which you Zulu morons couldn't handle and unqualified to take. That's is globalisation, boy.

Why is the ANC making it mandatory for 75% black representatives to be employed? That's insecurity.

In South Africa the best pilots in your schools are traditionally meant to go into the air force while the average ones go into commercial flight. Well, since blacks do not come up tops despite their population, the ANC government are placing Zulu monkeys on the air force and directing whites to fly commercial.

We pity your incompetent, blond government. Ticking time bomb BBC says.

so you are also wishing for ticking bomb to explode?if it does do you know what does that mean?it means all the Nigerian animals will go back to their zoo land...you are now beating your chest about Amakwerekwere taking jobs from south Africans ,on the other hand you are crying foul when south Africans raise their concerns..mate I don't want to agree or disagree with you in anything the bottom line is as much as you try hard to show your artificial muscles on this thread,the reality on the ground is different...some of your arguments are laughable,it shows how frustrated Nigerians are,if I may ask you...as a Nigerian what is your problem if best south African student pilots are channeled for the air force and the average ones go into commercial?,by the way those you claim are average,are the ones flying over your roof daily therefore you should show appreciation...as long as there is a country called south Africa,you will only play that giant game in west Africa....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:27am On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

Exaggerated combat figures which mean nothing.

T-72 is a failure regardless of who uses it - unlike you I am not obsessed with Nigeria (like you are obsessed with South Africa), that fact that you have ~12 T-72's doesnt change my opinion about it.

The fact that you think its any good is a damning indication of how little you know.

Envy, deep-seethed bitterness and grief ... rapidly eating Mr. Patches away. Not your fault ... frontline battle video has finally emerged showing gallant NA movement, high morale and statements of enemy casualties. If you don't believe what the BH casualty numbers given by NA personnel in the documentary ... not our problem.

Quite honestly the BH casualty numbers are very conservative something we don't have to brag about. So accept the well-served truths now! South Africans, Al Jazeera, BBC, CNN, et al, finally bite the dust. You now eat your falsehoods in true shame and ignominy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:33am On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

You realize that they do menial labour right? All these foreigners work in gardens and as cleaners in Spaza shops.

To the contrary most foreigners own all the shops and small businesses that you always target and shamelessly loot each time you find the excuse like the one given by your cowardly Zulu king.

Unfortunately you lose! No jobs for your South African shop-attendants employed by the targeted foreign business owners. Anyway you are lying and answering falsely on the topic. angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:24am On Apr 12, 2015
EVarn:
As i have said many times now,those crates of ammo were most probably in transit,if a lazy glutton like you can decipher that stacking ammo outdoors is dangerous,then our extremely intelligent and professional army officers already figured it out ages ago.
Your "intelligent" officers stay in trenches when they're supposed to monitoring things.

They're not in transit they're in a FOB(forward operating base), your men just piled them up.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:27am On Apr 12, 2015
agaugust:

Radars have rear hemisphere scan/detection if you don't know !

Okay, it's not from side again, Gripen is now behind F-7 by flying spiritually like Harry Porter witchcraft?

Last time I said you Southies were talking about attacking from behind, @Patches said nobody was talking about attacking from behind.

Now 80 km away or 120 km away, it's your private imagination in your bedroom that the distance between Nigerian frontline FOB forward air base is 80 km to 120 km away from South African forward air base. Do you know what a forward air base is in war? It's not Pretoria or Abuja airport o ! It's outside airstrip in the war zone.

So what is NAF airstrip is in one city 50 km away from SAAF airstrip ? Both aircraft radar will see each other immediately they are airborne.

Your private theory of 80 km radar detection is defeated because it is just your personal wish and NOT reality of war.

Next, if we just assume for the sake of assumption that Gripen and F-7 are 120 km apart, the Gripen radar will scan the F-7, well the F-7 will not radar scan the Gripen at that range, but a normal and basic radar warning on F-7 will alert the F-7 pilot that the enemy is seeing him on radar screen.

If the Gripen wants to get beside or behind the F-7 from head on course, the Gripen needs to make a full 90 degree turn aside from course, then the F-7 pilot notices a faded radar warning and he is a trained combat pilot not a fool, he knows the Gripen has made an out-flanking maneuver, thus the F-7 pilot counter maneuvers by using the altitude advantage over the Gripen, flies above the Gripen level, also banks and turns in the opposite direction and both pilots will just miss each other finally !

If they encounter again next time, the F-7 will fly into the blind spot of the Gripen radar from a long range and use the BVR missile advantage to fire 35 km range PL-9C missile into the blind side wing of the Gripen jet and convert the Gripen from metal into ashes, scattered ashes of SAAF.....airborne cremation in action
You don't understand how a radar scans don't you?

You don't wonder why ground radars spin?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:31am On Apr 12, 2015
agaugust:

SANDF could NOT stand up to only 1,500 Seleka rebels for just 24 hours grin grin
In which combat area?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:35am On Apr 12, 2015
agaugust:

1,000 Bokos died in the process, Nigeria lost only 1 soldier in that base.

Only a fool like you South Africans will still find something to complain about just out of envy and shame shocked shocked

SANDF lost their base to Seleka in just one attack, why did you not forward your 'advisory tactic's to your country's army?
No, this shows your army's poor ammo handling standards.

In a real war if that base came under arty fire things would really go BOOM.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:38am On Apr 12, 2015
agaugust:

SANDF G-6 artillery max shell range is 39 km according to your own army sources.

Nigeria has 45 km max range rocket artillery.

The rest of your comment lacks any technical common sense and needs no reply
we have seen your shells and the bad state they're in.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:43am On Apr 12, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Your "intelligent" officers stay in trenches when they're supposed to monitoring things.
They're not in transit they're in a FOB(forward operating base), your men just piled them up.
Our soldiers stay in trenches at night because of constant BH assaults that do take place in the night,according to the video,attacks are usually launched by BH from the school building opposite the base,a few kilometres away.you expect them to start strutting around like conceited peacocks?
your condescending attitude amuses me alot,even though you know that you are doing it to your superior,did i tell you that i dont know what FOB mean?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:45am On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

Ok, so you just completely made up the "1000" mercenaries

Only 32 Battalion had foreigners - and they were trained and led by South Africans.

Do you know why we recruited foreigners into 32 Battalion? Do you need a lesson in psuedo operations? Another thing Mr Researcher doesnt know about?

SADF deployed 20 000 men to Angola.

Stop wasting my time with asinine arguments
Majority of 32 battalion personnel were Angolans who fought alongside SA troops during op savannah.

They become saffers and most of them are still in SA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:45am On Apr 12, 2015
MduZA:

so you are also wishing for ticking bomb to explode?if it does do you know what does that mean?it means all the Nigerian animals will go back to their zoo land...you are now beating your chest about Amakwerekwere taking jobs from south Africans ,on the other hand you are crying foul when south Africans raise their concerns..mate I don't want to agree or disagree with you in anything the bottom line is as much as you try hard to show your artificial muscles on this thread,the reality on the ground is different...some of your arguments are laughable,it shows how frustrated Nigerians are,if I may ask you...as a Nigerian what is your problem if best south African student pilots are channeled for the air force and the average ones go into commercial?,by the way those you claim are average,are the ones flying over your roof daily therefore you should show appreciation...as long as there is a country called south Africa,you will only play that giant game in west Africa....

listen, I read 4 lines from your nonsensical post and left with the conclusion that your brain power is just as low as your Zulu king.

Black South African should get better education and training and naturally they will get better employment . The Anglo Dutch prefers hiring foreign black national who has got better training and education than you laidback, drug-sniffing möröñ.

Send your lamentations to BBC over the "ticking time bomb", i was only reporting what they published which is accurate anyway.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:52am On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

in otherwords, these menial jobs is what South Africans are competing with them over.

The menial job is what got Edwards so disturbed and the Zulu king so concerned.

Why can't you admit that foreign companies in South Africa finds majority of South African grossly incompetent just like the Anglo Dutch finds them not only as violent but also inefficient.

As blacks move into Johannesburg, the whites scamper in fear into sandton suburbs.
Tick tock says the BBC.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2015
EVarn:
Our soldiers stay in trenches at night because of constant BH assaults that do take place in the night,according to the video,attacks are usually launched by BH from the school building opposite the base,a few kilometres away.you expect them to start strutting around like conceited peacocks?
your condescending attitude amuses me alot,even though you know that you are doing it to your superior,did i tell you that i dont know what FOB mean?.
I expect an intelligence officers to be sitting in his vehicle or office monitoring enemy activity.

Yes, you don't know what a FOB is.

The guys just stacked the ammo there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:58am On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

Who said we lost?

All you can find is opinionated and untrustworthy evidence that suggests that one battle out of over 35 fought was at best a draw.

What Western logistical support? I guess you dont know about the massive Western Sanctions and Arms Embargo we were under.

Dude, you are a waste of time.

I am sorry your country sucks, I am sorry we are better than you. But its time to man up and deal with it.
the BBC still sites us as the most important country in Africa.

Besides most of the tanks you fought with in that war were imported from the US and UK.

All the powerful western countries helped you in the border war because of the worry Russia was promoting communism there, just as the Russians and Cuban were helping tiny Angola.

Your history in nairaland is marked with denial and argument. You're not capable of honest debate.

American were supplying your overhyped army with logistical supplies from its bases in Zaire. I'm not even taking of thousands of mercenaries. Go to sleep, patches.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:07am On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

If you managed to keep up with the argument you would notice that augugbug has been soundly defeated and has resorted to posting pictures of mechanics and passing them off as tank crews

Simple fact of the matter is that your tank crews are not properly equipped

Even sanction starved rhodesia was able to give their tank crews proper equipment
of course I wasn't keeping up
I joined in yesterday. The debate was about overall for tank crews. And he successfully proved not all of your tank crew members are equipped with overalls from your own pictures as well as his.

You denied they were mechanics . But the truth is your military are picture-loving and Press-hyping pretty boys who doesn'thave any clean military history.

They get their "highs" in front of cameramen and cooked up propaganda from SANDF magazines, not in front of battle.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
you're correct, but your definition is also very narrow and strict..
This whole argument is silly.

Nguni, Sotho and Venda people came North of what is today South Africa.

Whites came by sea.

This tribes formed kingdoms or countries which were conquered by the British empire at a cost.

After they left similar to anywhere they've been their divide and rule legacy was apparent as one tribe was empowered.

Look at the acholi people of Uganda.

Pakistan and India.

China and Hong Kong.

Israel and Palestine.

Sudan and South Sudan.

White people in Zimbabwe.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Majority of 32 battalion personnel were Angolans who fought alongside SA troops during op savannah.

They become saffers and most of them are still in SA.
32 battalion of lies. Read up their website and see for yourself. You will realise that the average South African is military glory-thief.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2015
MikeCZAR:
I expect an intelligence officers to be sitting in his vehicle or office monitoring enemy activity.
Yes, you don't know what a FOB is.
The guys just stacked the ammo there.
??
"sitting in his vehicle or office monitoring enemy activity"?
You are a shameless man mike "ebola" czar,what kind of silly statement is that?.how can a soldier monitor enemy activities from inside an office?
I just confirmed that you know nothing about the military,you just want to impress your grandchildren by having a username on the internet.
According to our troops,when BH attacks,our men immediately roll into the trenches and return fire.can that be done from inside an office?.
Our troops are being trained,"firstly as field soldiers",not as bankers in uniform.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:25am On Apr 12, 2015
EVarn:
??
You are a shameless man mike "ebola" czar,what kind of silly statement is that?.how can a soldier monitor enemy activities from inside an office?
I just confirmed that you know nothing about the military,you just want to impress your grandchildren by having a username on the internet.
According to our troops,when BH attacks,our men immediately roll into the trenches and return fire.can that be done from inside an office?.
Our troops are being trained,"firstly as field soldiers",not as bankers in uniform.
Hey,Chief, that was a nice slaughter for that Soweto czar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 9:39am On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
listen, I read 4 lines from your nonsensical post and left with the conclusion that your brain power is just as low as your Zulu king.

Black South African should get better education and training and naturally they will get better employment . The Anglo Dutch prefers hiring foreign black national who has got better training and education than you laidback, drug-sniffing möröñ.

Send your lamentations to BBC over the "ticking time bomb", i was only reporting what they published which is accurate anyway.

oh I do understand now ,Nigerians go to universities so that they can be employed in SA by white south Africans as gardeners and grass cutters...selling tap water in the rusty streets of Lagos does not resemble hard working to me ,it only tells how poverty stricken your country is...see you later ,am now going to cut my hair,as usual the barber is a Nigerian university graduate..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2015
EVarn:
a mortar team cannot bombard a target they cant see,to blow up konduga's weapon storage,a lot of accuracy and precision would be needed.fortunately,if you cant see or locate,then you cant hit.

The entire point of a mortar is to fire on targets you can not see.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
the BBC still sites us as the most important country in Africa.

Besides most of the tanks you fought with in that war were imported from the US and UK.

All the powerful western countries helped you in the border war because of the worry Russia was promoting communism there, just as the Russians and Cuban were helping tiny Angola.

Your history in nairaland is marked with denial and argument. You're not capable of honest debate.

American were supplying your overhyped army with logistical supplies from its bases in Zaire. I'm not even taking of thousands of mercenaries. Go to sleep, patches.

US tanks? We had centurion tanks no US tanks or AFV where ever used.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:22am On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
32 battalion of lies. Read up their website and see for yourself. You will realise that the average South African is military glory-thief.
32nd was a regular SADF army unit.

They were disbanded in South Africa.

Similar to the recces their existence was not acknowledged by the SADF, even regular army units rarely seen them. Until they were deployed into Namibia and Angola, then they'd get the chance to see the legendary camouflaged Ratels.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:22am On Apr 12, 2015
agaugust:

Nigerian army had artillery cover for that range up to 26 km range, play the video again.

We defeated 20 attacks on that base and killed 1,000 enemy fighters while we lost only 1.

That Nigerian base is perfect, the commandant has been promoted and medals won by those men !

Even NATO will not beat our record

Yet those guns where firing only 9km out.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2015
MduZA:

oh I do understand now ,Nigerians go to universities so that they can be employed in SA by white south Africans as gardeners and grass cutters...selling tap water in the rusty streets of Lagos does not resemble hard working to me ,it only tells how poverty stricken your country is...see you later ,am now going to cut my hair,as usual the barber is a Nigerian university graduate..
nope, you're going off to loot shops your fellow hungry savages just finished invading led by your commander in chief, the Zulu King.

Those shops are owned by foreigners not South Africans.

By the way, Nigeria has got more rich people than South Africa. Happy looting spree to the Zulu king and co.

Laziness, docility, savagery have forever marked your legacy.
Hope you noticed how your compatriots here a denying being blacks South Africans....when will you? grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:26am On Apr 12, 2015
EVarn:
??
Yes, inside a vehicle or office monitoring action from radio to movement.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2015
andrewza:

US tanks? We had centurion tanks no US tanks or AFV where ever used.
Tanks were only used in the closing phase 87-88.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
nope, you're going off to loot shops your fellow hungry savages just finished invading led by your commander in chief, the Zulu King.

Those shops are owned by foreigners not South Africans.

By the way, Nigeria has got more rich people than South Africa. Happy looting spree to the Zulu king and co.

Laziness, docility, savagery have forever marked your legacy.
Hope you noticed how your compatriots here a denying being blacks South Africans....when will you? grin grin grin

so you want those compatriots to admit that they are black even though they are not...in one of my posts I told you that your tribalism behavior is alarming,you are proofing me right...i do understand your situation though ,you are a Nigerian...you are playing the Yoruba vs igbo primitive game with the wrong person...to me you remain a kwerekwere..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 11:16am On Apr 12, 2015
NaijaPikinGidi:

You are struggling so hard to suppress your ignorance ... unfortunately it cannot be suppressed! Obviously!

SANDF obsolescence confirmed since over 23 years!!

ignorance? What I posted was pure fact mate!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.