Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,734 members, 7,813,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4432714 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 11:19am On Apr 12, 2015
agaugust:

There is no war there fool grin grin

How many battled did SANDF fight in Sudan this month? How many guns and artillery fired?

It's just a simple African Union controlled peace keeping mission NOT a war of tanks, jets, artillery !

NONE !

Nigerian army finished of the battles of Sudan before SANDF crept in at night.

Hollywood army = SANDF grin grin
Doesn't matter, those rebels are equally equipped as BH, that is how a military base should like.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 11:27am On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
I like the 0 in front
Sarcasm, you speak it?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

If they were defeated they must have failed to meet an objective.

What objective did they fail to meet?

And that Nigerian company hired South Africans to set up your 72nd Strike Force (or whatever it is called). Confirmed by the latest Vice Episode and confirmed by the white guy flying the hind in that episode

"Bangui - South African soldiers in the Central African Republic are seeking safe passage to the airport after taking heavy losses during fighting with Seleka rebels, Reuters reports."

"Amy Martin of the UN's humanitarian agency, OCHA, told the BBC World Service that the SA troops had retreated to their barracks and were seeking safe passage to the airport."

"Seleka spokesperson Eric Massi said the rebels had broken through a line of South African soldiers during their push into the city."

Your poorly trained Special forces were routed efficiently. All new sources present allude to this fact.

The Nigerian government hired a Nigerian company to provide specific services to the Nigerian military. A Private Nigerian company can't to told how to do business if they aren't breaking the law. Nigeria isn't a communist state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

The base has 2 things your frontline fortifications dont

1. Barbed-wire
2. sand-bagged strongpoints

That man up there is just one of many - exploiting the flat terrain to watch for major troop movements.

Your poorly trained troops cannot perform basic base defence in a U.N operation. Pathetic!

The poor man up there is a sitting duck for snipers. He looks bewildered.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:50am On Apr 12, 2015
Henry120:

"Bangui - South African soldiers in the Central African Republic are seeking safe passage to the airport after taking heavy losses during fighting with Seleka rebels, Reuters reports."

"Amy Martin of the UN's humanitarian agency, OCHA, told the BBC World Service that the SA troops had retreated to their barracks and were seeking safe passage to the airport."

"Seleka spokesperson Eric Massi said the rebels had broken through a line of South African soldiers during their push into the city."

Your poorly trained Special forces were routed efficiently. All new sources present allude to this fact.

The Nigerian government hired a Nigerian company to provide specific services to the Nigerian military. A Private Nigerian company can't to told how to do business if they aren't breaking the law. Nigeria isn't a communist state.

You said we lost - what objective did we fail to meet?

To say we were routed is to say that we intended to achieve something and Seleka prevented this. What did we fail to achieve?

So you dont dispute that foreign mercenaries are now actively engaged in combat?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 12, 2015
jl115:

Is this what you call a base?
What?Have you never seen a neat professional base before.
"6 APC's for 1500 men"
We had +- 200 men in Sudan mate!
"The sentry guy a perfect sitting duck."
?Sudan=desert=no cover , he could see for hundreds of km, thus basically impossible to be targeted without being seen.

It's a poorly defended excuse for a base.

6 APC's for 850..... Ok cool. A country that manufactures APC's can't provide them for it's troops.

It only takes one sniper, one RPG, one 14.5mm........... And it's Goodbye vienna.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:52am On Apr 12, 2015
Henry120:

Your poorly trained troops cannot perform basic base defence in a U.N operation. Pathetic!

The poor man up there is a sitting duck for snipers. He looks bewildered.

Basic base defence?

Look again, every dawn they do a stand-to.

They have properly sandbagged firing positions as well as barded wire to slow down would be attackers.

Your men have neither of these things.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2015
Henry120:

6 APC's for 850..... Ok cool. A country that manufactures APC's can't provide them for it's troops.

It only takes one sniper, one RPG, one 14.5mm........... And it's Goodbye vienna.

Who said 6 APC's for 850 men?

That is a patrol base or Combat Outpost (COP) for a section of men.

Who says we dont have our own snipers? Mortars? MGL's? as well as UN air-support on call.

Pic related. All the men in the COP.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

You said we lost - what objective did we fail to meet?

To say we were routed is to say that we intended to achieve something and Seleka prevented this. What did we fail to achieve?

So you dont dispute that foreign mercenaries are now actively engaged in combat?

Of course you were roundly defeated in the CAR. Has that even been in doubt to the rest of the world........ NO.

There are no foreign mercenaries in Nigeria. The Nigerian government hired a Nigerian military contractor to provide on the ground training on multiple newly acquired assets. We never, nor did the government ever deny that.

The pale skinned individual might as well be a fair skinned Nigerian. We did not see his face so as to conclude upon his race/nationality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:58am On Apr 12, 2015
Henry120:

Of course you were roundly defeated in the CAR. Has that even been in doubt to the rest of the world........ NO.

Henry, why can you not answer this very simple question?

To say tha we were defeated is to say that Seleka prevented us from achieving an objective.

What objective did we fail to meet?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:59am On Apr 12, 2015
Henry120:

There are no foreign mercenaries in Nigeria. The Nigerian government hired a Nigerian military contractor to provide on the ground training on multiple newly acquired assets. We never, nor did the government ever deny that.

The pale skinned individual might as well be a fair skinned Nigerian. We did not see his face so as to conclude upon his race/nationality.

HAHAHAHAHA

Henry120, I know a white man when I see one and the man flying that Hind was a white man.

Face it - clear evidence shows that foreign mercenaries are fighting for you.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 11:59am On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
you're correct, but your definition is also very narrow and strict. @mikeczar

Anglo always stand for English either in relation to person or culture or institution. Dutch is always Dutch. Anglo-Dutch simply refers loosely to people of brtish and Dutch backgrounds. And the two major Europeans that built and run southafrica are the Dutch who chased the natives into caves and trees,lol, then came the English who conquered the Dutch and ruled as colonists.

Yes we know other pockets of whites later came from Europe to settle in but their numbers are darn insignificant to change the term. All whites immigrating to SA either fell into the Dutch or English angle.

And isn't Afrikaans are corrupt form of Dutch language, a pidgin variant.
I know what you are referring to when you say Anglo-Dutch, I was simply pointing out that it's incorrect, but you can keep using the frase if you wish!

There are also NO Afikaners in SA with 100% Dutch blood line, every Afikaner WILL have either French, German or both ancestry. A lot of german and even more French settlers arrived as early as 5-10 years after Jan van Riebeeck first arrived in SA. Nel, Le roux, Marais , Fourie are some of the most common Afikaner surnames in SA and all are derived from French ancestry .

No Afrikaans is officially a language on its own, that's like saying Portuguese is a pigin version of Spanish.
Although Afrikaans is derived from Dutch and it's possible for me to read and understand Dutch, Afrikaans also has quite a lot of French and German influence, thus your average Afikaner will have a understanding(although very very limited), of French and German text.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

Who said 6 APC's for 850 men?

That is a patrol base or Combat Outpost (COP) for a section of men.

Who says we dont have our own snipers? Mortars? MGL's? as well as UN air-support on call.

Pic related. All the men in the COP.

6 APCs for 850 men. Cool bro.

That's your FOB.

Actually, you don't have snipers, mortars and MGLs.

Your men only have, 6 APCs, MG's and rifles.

Rebels are better of than the SANDF...... Seleka proved this.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
andrewza:

The entire point of a mortar is to fire on targets you can not see.
Enemies you cant see,but that you can locate.If you can neither see nor locate,then you end up wasting time,effort and ammunition.
let me break it down: an invading army from botswana marches in force against south africa,on getting to southern botswana,they stop and prepare to launch a mortar bombardment into south africa from the border town of Gaborone,they are targeting a weapon nest belonging to the SANDF,but they can neither see nor do they know where the ammo storage facility is located,they simply know that the SANDF has an armoury in the North West area.
What do you think would happen if they start launching mortars into SA?,the heavy mortars could land in Mmabatho or Rutenburg or Mamelodi or Pretoria or Klerksdorp or Soweto os Tsakane or Johannesburg or even potchefstroom!,but at the end of the day,the targetted armoury would be safe and sound.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

HAHAHAHAHA

Henry120, I know a white man when I see one and the man flying that Hind was a white man.

Face it - clear evidence shows that foreign mercenaries are fighting for you.

Nope, you don't. The Pilot is a fair Nigerian.

You haven't provided any evidence to support your proof. Nigerians on Nairaland military thread have posted at least 2,000 photos of ongoing COIN operations. None supports mercenary stories.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
Henry120:

That's your FOB.

Ok.

Lets deconstruct this:

- its your FOB

Our FOB is in Kutum a town of 45 000 people. Those men are in the middle of the desert

- 6 APC's for 850 men

Does it look like 850 men in the picture?

- You dont have snipers, mortars or MGL's

They are standard equipment for every single battalion in the army. So yes we do.

- Rebels are better than the SANDF Seleka proved this.

They lost over 400 men, we lost 13.

Thus:

1 South African soldier is worth 30 Rebels.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Yes, inside a vehicle or office monitoring action from radio to movement.
eish wena...man you are either ignorant or typing under the influence of alcohol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
[quote author=Henry120 post=32631979][/quote]

You want pictures?

LOL

OK. wait 5 min

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 12:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
Henry120:

Think @Patches689 gave a proper responds?.
I just have one question, where do you get your "6 APC's for 850" just this on section of 70 odd troops had 6 APC's!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 12:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
MduZA:

so you want those compatriots to admit that they are black even though they are not...in one of my posts I told you that your tribalism behavior is alarming,you are proofing me right...i do understand your situation though ,you are a Nigerian...you are playing the Yoruba vs igbo primitive game with the wrong person...to me you remain a kwerekwere..

they needn't deny it, my boy. They are stating their heritage which stand in sharp contrast to yours.

I have caught you in other threads where you descended to the brainless savage you are and hate on Nigerians. So you're always having emotional diarrhoea wherever Nigeria is mentioned.

I can't be a tribalist, my Zulu stooge. The reason the citizens of Nigeria stgand head above any African country is because of her tribal diversity. The yorubas alone with their literary and educational prowess , organisational skills are a threat, not to mention the entrepreneurial igbos who combine hardwork, education, mobility and risk-taking to colonise you in your very streets.

Then the southern Nigerians who have the swagger and cosmopolitan heritage to morph into any society with great adaptability and sophistication. The Middle-belterns are a cultural and intelectual spread between the north and the South.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
they needn't deny it, my boy. They are stating their heritage which stand in sharp contrast to yours.

I have caught you in other thread where you descended to the brainless savage you are and hate on Nigerians. So you're always having emotional diarrhoea wherever Nigeria is mentioned.

I can't be a tribalist, my Zulu stooge. The reason the citizens of Nigeria stgand head above any African country is because of her tribal diversity. The yorubas alone with their literary and educational prowess , organisational skills are a threat, not to mention the entrepreneurial igbos who combine hardwork, education, mobility and risk-taking to colonise you in your very streets.

Then the southern Nigerians who have the swagger and cosmopolitan heritage to morph into any society with great adaptability and sophistication. The Middle-belterns are a cultural and intelectual stress between the north and the South.

"I am not a tribalist"

Goes on to attach specific traits to specific tribes.

That is textbook tribalism
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

Ok.

Lets deconstruct this:

- its your FOB

Our FOB is in Kutum a town of 45 000 people. Those men are in the middle of the desert

- 6 APC's for 850 men

Does it look like 850 men in the picture?

- You dont have snipers, mortars or MGL's

They are standard equipment for every single battalion in the army. So yes we do.

- Rebels are better than the SANDF Seleka proved this.

They lost over 400 men, we lost 13.

Thus:

1 South African soldier is worth 30 Rebels.

Nope, that's your FOB.

850 men are serving in the U.N mission.

Nope they aren't, if they were, along with the rifles and MG's, we would have seen them.

This comment by seleka's spokesman rubbish's your claim.

Rebels are better than your Special forces.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
jl115:

Think @Patches689 gave a proper responds?.
I just have one question, where do you get your "6 APC's for 850" just this on section of 70 odd troops had 6 APC's!

Nope, he didn't.

He only proved more that your base is poorly defended, with 6 APCs for 850 troops.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

You want pictures?

LOL

OK. wait 5 min

Good, you proved the pilot is fair, so are millions of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
Henry120:

That's your FOB.

A most entertaining tale! Tell it once more brethren!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
Henry120:

Nope, that's your FOB.

850 men are serving in the U.N mission.

Nope they aren't, if they were, along with the rifles and MG's, we would have seen them.

This comment by seleka's spokesman rubbish's your claim.

Rebels are better than your Special forces.

Henry

Are you having another emotional breakdown?

Has the surfacing of white mercanaries winning your war for you caused you to suffer one of your famous meltdowns?

Our Battalion FOB is in a town of 45 000 people not in the desert. 850 men are there, but dispersed amongst the FOB and various COP's in the region.

No battalion would deploy without its mission critical equipment - if it deployed without them it would deploy without the men who operate them. The battalion there is full strength.

How did Seleka defeat us? What objective did we fail to meet? Why cant you answer this question?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
Henry120:

Good, you proved the pilot is fair, so are millions of Nigerians.

Millions of Nigerians have long blond hair?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
Henry120:

Nope, he didn't.

He only proved more that your base is poorly defended, with 6 APCs for 850 troops.

You have yet to prove there are 850 troops based there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

"I am not a tribalist"

Goes on to attach specific traits to specific tribes.

That is textbook tribalism
I know what you're up to, patches. Just know that it won't fly here.

Our differences I just stated is our strength like no other in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
I know what you're up to, patches. Just know that it won't fly here.

Our differences I just stated is our strength like no other in Africa.

Your arse must be jealous of all the sh1t your mouth spews
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

Your arse must be jealous of all the sh1t your mouth spews
lol, I think you're missing your Sunday pap.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
patches689:

Millions of Nigerians have long blond hair?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.