Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,606 members, 7,851,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:54 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4459305 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 7:13am On Apr 29, 2013
What . . .? SO MSUAZA has finaly decided to abandon us? *crying* no one to wrestle with! Anyway i hope the debate pops up in your google search results any of these days.
and back to the defense/military section, how are we going to go about that @all
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 7:24am On Apr 29, 2013
So its okay when striking miners armed with all sorts of weapons, who have already killed 2 miner workers, 2 police officers and seize their weapons as well as 6 non striking workers are potrayed by many Nigerians as peaceful. While heavy handedness displayed by Nigerian army is seen as cracked down on Boko HARAM inspite of the information to the contrary.

SO ITS GOOD WHEN ITS NIGERIA AND NO MATTER WHAT SOUTH AFRICA DOES SHALL ALWAYS BE POTRAYED AS EVIL.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:24am On Apr 29, 2013
Capnd143: What . . .? SO MSUAZA has finaly decided to abandon us? *crying* no one to wrestle with! Anyway i hope the debate pops up in your google search results any of these days.
and back to the defense/military section, how are we going to go about that @all

@msauza is a fan of nigeria's super eagles, he admitted that many pages back.

i guess we have this military section already as a topic...or what do you think ? something more than a single thread ?

i wonder how nigeria maintains strong military relations with both india and pakistan, the two asian nuclear giants are sworn enemies.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:31am On Apr 29, 2013
nigerian soldier girls at defence academy. anyone interested in a young wife ?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 29, 2013
agaugust: nigerian soldier girls at defence academy. anyone interested in a young wife ?

Now that's ugly damn ugly, no shape its good they are soldiers there no gud for the eyestongue

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by pleep(m): 7:47am On Apr 29, 2013
Est-ce que ces gens des femme ou des hommes.

berk ..... ces gens tres laides, si sont femmes !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by pleep(m): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2013
La créature à gauche ressemble un nègre je connais.... Son nom est tyrone, et il joue Basket-ball.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 29, 2013
pleep: La créature à gauche ressemble un nègre je connais.... Son nom est tyrone, et il joue Basket-ball.

Hey English pleas!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 29, 2013
pleep: La créature à gauche ressemble un nègre je connais.... Son nom est tyrone, et il joue Basket-ball.

Hey English please!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 9:35am On Apr 29, 2013
Have I missed any thing. Or has it been th usally nigerian hot air.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
Capnd143: What . . .? SO MSUAZA has finaly decided to abandon us? *crying* no one to wrestle with! Anyway i hope the debate pops up in your google search results any of these days.

It would be a waste of time having a defence/ military section. Who would always keep it running? The regular contributors on this thread are few, 8 of us in number, 4 on the nigerian side and 4 on the south african side. Not forgetting camerounian dude who is neither here no there.

You can't make a section with this less input. I'd prefer we stick to this thread, any information we have, we share here and discuss.

A military section would be a bad idea.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
zaandrew: Have I missed any thing. Or has it been th usally nigerian hot air.

you missed the defense of your homeland. foreign armies invaded south Africa while you were away. grin grin grin Lol
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Hey English please!!!
I speak french, the man is a white racist, he said they were "negres".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
agaugust:

i wonder how nigeria maintains strong military relations with both india and pakistan, the two asian nuclear giants are sworn enemies.

We are a non-aligned nation, I guess. Always in the middle. We still maintain foreign relations with both north and south korea.

Talking about north korea, those guys have a lot of modern artillery man!!! The media in the west makes them look weak militarily, however in reality, that's not the case.

Without US help, I believe north korea would defeat the south in combat.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Henry any fresh news on the strange jet fighter sighted in Nigeria up north ? I have the Nigerian secret missile development project and a 'stolen' photo of one test firing.

I also have list of Nigerian weapons not recorded on any arms transfer log and some recorded but never seen in public.

Should I post tomorrow ?

@Msauza quit nairaland in a very commendable way yesterday. I had to salute him with respect. He is also a great fan of Nigeria's super eagles team

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
patriot3: I speak french, the man is a white racist, he said they were "negres".

I think he is a nigerian.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
Henry120:

I think he is a nigerian.
then why would he say something like that ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
agaugust: @Henry any fresh news on the strange jet fighter sighted in Nigeria up north ? I have the Nigerian secret missile development project and a 'stolen' photo of one test firing.

I also have list of Nigerian weapons not recorded on any arms transfer log and some recorded but never seen in public.

Should I post ?

@Msauza quit nairaland in a very commendable way yesterday. I had to salute him with respect. He is also a great fan of Nigeria's super eagles team

I don't know, you make the decision whether to post or not.

No news yet. I'm just as enthusiastic as you are. I just hope it is one of the jets(su-30mkk) we have been hoping for.

Msuaza made some terrible statements before he left, anyway he did apologise, and I respect him for that.

The guy is half-nigerian, so no matter what he said to incite nigeria, I know he really did not mean them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
patriot3:
then why would he say something like that ?

I have no idea. He is in the best position to answer that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
Thiza: So its okay when striking miners armed with all sorts of weapons, who have already killed 2 miner workers, 2 police officers and seize their weapons as well as 6 non striking workers are potrayed by many Nigerians as peaceful. While heavy handedness displayed by Nigerian army is seen as cracked down on Boko HARAM inspite of the information to the contrary.

SO ITS GOOD WHEN ITS NIGERIA AND NO MATTER WHAT SOUTH AFRICA DOES SHALL ALWAYS BE POTRAYED AS EVIL.
There are diverging views to that in this thread. I totally called it a barbaric behavior while somebody agreed with them based on their grievances.

I don't know where you are getting that information from that people support killings in this thread. It is very revealing of you to be arguing blindly without evidences or understanding before coming to a conclusion like every other South African I have come across in this forum.

If for the reason we disagree with MSUAZA for supporting terrorism and you are now taking that path to spite at us, it is clear you are taking the wrong path. Mind you, we have argued the Marakina incidence in the light of facts and on the ground of humanity. We didn't just jump into conclusion but pass the argument through the eye of a microscope before drawing our final diverging conclusions. So, we are never in any way supporting killings. It is not in our DNA to support the taking of human lives. We love life as people, even in the worst condition a typical Nigerian man will fight to survive and be happy.

Again on the Marakina mine issue, we are very sorry for the lives lost. Something could have been done to avert the number of the dead from increasing at that point in time but the brutal South African police choose to take the dangerous way out that leads to the lives of 33 people lost in that incidence. That doesn't mean our police are better off it means our police are less brutal but corrupt. That we understand and are trying the best we can to find proper solution to it once and for all. It might not be all done now yet we will get there as a people.

Please, don't just come around with a point without evidence to sly on Nigerians.

Thank you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Now that's ugly damn ugly, no shape its good they are soldiers there no gud for the eyestongue
Lol... They are not bad at all.

Another image though:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
Image of Nigerian army salute. Our veterans are among the best in the world.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
Henry120:

It would be a waste of time having a defence/ military section. Who would always keep it running? The regular contributors on this thread are few, 8 of us in number, 4 on the nigerian side and 4 on the south african side. Not forgetting camerounian dude who is neither here no there.

You can't make a section with this less input. I'd prefer we stick to this thread, any information we have, we share here and discuss.

A military section would be a bad idea.
no your wrong, i have seen many enthusiatic military lovers in this forum, who even go as far as posting weapons,baracks,military infos,military applications opportunities etc. We just need to ring the bell and the followers will converge.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
agaugust:

you missed the defense of your homeland. foreign armies invaded south Africa while you were away. grin grin grin Lol

So normal nigerian hot air

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 30, 2013
Jonathan commissions Police helicopters, APCs
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday commissioned the newly-acquired seven(7) police helicopters, 33 Armoured Personnel Carriers and hundreds of patrol vehicles in furtherance of what he described as his administration's resolve to combat crime and insecurity. Speaking at the event which was the grand finale of the 2013 Nigeria Police Week at the Eagles Square, Abuja, the President reiterated his commitment to ensuring that each of the state police command has a helicopter to combat crime. He said: "A situation where hoodlums take over a state is not acceptable." He, therefore, charged the police authorities to make effective use of the new helicopters, APCs and patrol vehicles. The President decried the lack of maintenance culture that seems to cut across all facets of the country's national life, urging the police to emulate the military in this respect. President Jonathan said with the purchase of the helicopters and patrol vehicles

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 30, 2013
THREAD CLOSED.
Both 9ja and South Africa are no 1.
South Africa due to quality, 9ja due to quantity.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:04am On Apr 30, 2013
zetdee: THREAD CLOSED.

Sorry I won't leave this thread until I post my reply to south African navy's blockade of Nigerian waters with my own war simulation of counter attack.

I have it already long ago but before I post I wanted to explain some things about Nigerian weapons by some new posts e.g

Nigeria has better anti aircraft air defenses than south Africa

South African Grippen jets will all be shot down by Nigerian army

Nigerian navy has the best coastal/inland water combat vessel force in the whole world superior to America, Russia, China etc

Nigerian military's Modular types of weapons platforms

New African military rankings put Nigeria at number 2 and south Africa at number 5. Nigeria has both quality and quantity proved on this thread. Go to pages 103 and 115. Nigeria has many weapons types that south Africa does not have and Nigeria has weapons to counter south Africa in the areas where you have advantage, e.g Grippen jets and Submarines.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EzePromoe: 10:07am On Apr 30, 2013
zetdee: THREAD CLOSED.
Nigerians are used to war, Nigeria itself is a warzone. So You don't just say its cos of quantity.
Remember that despite Nigeria being the quantity and South Africa being the quality just as you have stated, Nigeria have not lost in a peacekeeping the amount of soldiers South Africans lost in CAR.
But methinks that both Nigeria and South Africa are way behind by world standard.
Can any of this countries go for a peacekeeping outside Africa or let me rather say in North African countries?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EzePromoe: 10:10am On Apr 30, 2013
agaugust:

Sorry I won't leave this thread until I post my reply to south African navy's blockade of Nigerian waters with my own war simulation of counter attack.

I ha e it already long ago but before I post I wanted to clarify some issues with other posts e.g

Nigeria has better anti aircraft air defenses than south Africa

South African Grippen jets will all be shot down by Nigerian army

Nigerian navy has the best coastal/inland water combat vessel force in the whole world superior to America, Russia, China etc

Nigerian military's Modular types of weapons ppatforms

New African military rankings put Nigeria at number 2 and south Africa at number 5. Nigeria has both quality and quantity proved on this thread. Go to pages 103 and 115. Nigeria has many weapons types that south Africa does not have and Nigeria has wePons to counter south Africa in the areas where you have advantage, e.g Groppen jets and Submarines.

Even Boko Haram weapons could rival that of South Africa. LOL!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Even Boko Haram weapons could rival that of South Africa. LOL!

Nigerins like to make this cliam. But can never back it up.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EzePromoe: 10:32am On Apr 30, 2013
zaandrew:

Nigerins like to make this cliam. But can never back it up.
Yea, you may see it as such because Nigeria is poor in record-keeping, you can never tell what Nigeria has except in the battle field.
Remember during the civil war, that weapons were built and made by Biafrans.
Boko Haram makes their bomb themselves, they have a number of bomb factory in Northern Nigeria.
South Africa would have being in the dust if it has experienced what Nigeria has experienced.
That's how you get to know who are the real GIANTS wink

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 10:52am On Apr 30, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Yea, you may see it as such because Nigeria is poor in record-keeping, you can never tell what Nigeria has except in the battle field.
Remember during the civil war, that weapons were built and made by Biafrans.
Boko Haram makes their bomb themselves, they have a number of bomb factory in Northern Nigeria.
South Africa would have being in the dust if it has experienced what Nigeria has experienced.
That's how you get to know who are the real GIANTS wink

And the reason Boko Haram even still exits in Nigeria is because your military is powerless to stop them.
Any defence force which is as good as you claim Nigeria's is would have crushed them a long time ago. That is
why you don't get "Boko Haram" type attacks in America, Britain, Germany, Japan etc etc. If such groups do rise up,
they are immediately crushed.

If the Nigerian army know that they have a bomb factory in northern Nigeria why not just have the air force bomb it?
Why not use all that fancy equipment you have and end Boko Haram once and for all?
You dont have to answer me because I know what you're going to say..."it's more complicated than that, they getting external help, blah blah blah"

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.