Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,550 members, 7,850,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:24 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4459260 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
@DictatorZAR you should know that was a typing error on my cell phone, I meant to say 90% of south Africa's neighborhood countries are CHRISTIANS not Muslims. even a 12 year old can see its an error by looking at the logic in my argument. So shut your leaking mouth.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
he probably meant 90% christian.
DictatorZAR:

Now are you just plain foolish or are once again showing the average Naija boy syndrome.

Where the hell did you get the assumption that 90% of SA's neighboring states are Muslim because that the worst piece of nonsense I've heard from you in a while now.

The majority of southern african states are catholic or charismatic church followers same as Nigeria accept for SA which has a more diverse religious groupings.

SA only has about 60% christian, 20% Muslim, 10% Hindu, 7% Judaism 3% other religious followings.

Just for the record SA is a Secular State where no religion has a monopoly over another. We also have a SA council of Churches and Religious groupings where all Religious leaders meet regularly with goverment as to maintain good relations.

I think your the one who needs to get your facts straight before you come and show your lack of brain cells.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
for the records, i have posted a new weblink source for the post below

[size=20pt] nigeria 100% made secret missile development and testing [/size]

Nigerian Scientists Launch Rockets

By J.K. Obatala
Sunday, November 16, 2008

OFFICIALS at the Centre For Space Transport And Propulsion (CSTP), Epe, Lagos State, have made a startling revelation: Nigerian Scientists and engineers have, for the past two years, been building and launching experimental rockets - without foreign assistance. Coordinator of the Centre, Mr. Oluremi A. Fashade, told The Guardian last week that at least nine test-firings had occurred. The rockets are launched from a testing range near the Lagos State University, adjacent to the Lagos Lagoon.
For the first time ever, Fashade, an engineer, talked openly about the Centre's formerly top secret rocket research, which is being carried out under the auspices of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA).
Among other things, he said that the Centre would, in time, graduate to bigger and more complex craft, capable of launching satellites and eventually humans into space. He said that the NASRDA was acquiring a new launch site on a remote island in the Atlantic, to accommodate full-sized space vehicles.

Web Link Source: please dont click on it, rather copy and paste directly to your browser then enter

[size=16pt]
http://www.saao.ac.za/~wgssa/archive/as12/fashade.pdf[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2013

@Henry, that's the Nigerian missile post above.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
agaugust:

Dont hide the fact that south Africans on this forum have boasted of your worlds best Artillery GV6 Rhino and you had it used by south African army against Cuban army in Angola bush war and you could NOT win that war, yet you are complaining about sanctions on weapons importation.

Yet another foolish ill informed comment from you Mr military consultant worker.

Now fool the G6 was first unveiled in UAE Dubai by SA's former Defense Minister Lekota in 2003.

Now how the hell can a weapon that was first seen in 2003 and was still undergoing further development till 2008 and currently possibly be used in the Anglo-Bush War in which ended in 1990. "Are you actually claiming time travel was possible in the late 1980's"
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/rsa/g6-52.htm

You should stop your stupid*ity.

And please a Mig-21 in the late 1970-1990 was by far more superior to a Mirage go do your research hence the development of the Cheetah by DENEL which came to late.

And please try to twist yourself out of this one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
You just posted lies and false information above. Wait till I grab my laptop tonight. I used Nokia phone to post all day today.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
agaugust: .

By J.K. Obatala

OFFICIALS at the Centre For Space Transport And Propulsion (CSTP), Epe, Lagos State, have made a startling revelation: Nigerian Scientists and engineers have, for the past two years, been building and launching experimental rockets - without foreign assistance. Coordinator of the Centre, Mr. Oluremi A. Fashade, told The Guardian last week that at least nine test-firings had occurred. The rockets are launched from a testing range near the Lagos State University, adjacent to the Lagos Lagoon.
For the first time ever, Fashade, an engineer, talked openly about the Centre's formerly top secret rocket research, which is being carried out under the auspices of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA).
Among other things, he said that the Centre would, in time, graduate to bigger and more complex craft, capable of launching satellites and eventually humans into space. He said that the NASRDA was acquiring a new launch site on a remote island in the Atlantic, to accommodate full-sized space vehicles.

Web Link Source:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article02/indexn2_html?pdate=161108&ptitle=R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D:%3CBR%3ENigerian%20Scientists%20Launch%20Rockets

Try to post a more credible source because that link is blank.

Please what rocket are u developing because even a back door garage militant in Palestine have been developing Katosha Rockets in the 1990's already.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Try to post a more credible source because that link is blank.

Please what rocket are u developing because even a back door garage militant in Palestine have been developing Katosha Rockets in the 1990's already.

Comparing Palestinian or hezbolla rocket to Nigerian satellite launch rockets project is like comparing sleep and death.

You need brain scan at a good hospital, consult your doctor.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
Now this is the Sorry State of the Nigerian Army against Boko Haram who Raid Army Barracks at will whenever they need ammunition or a few new Toys.grin

Now is this the same Nigerian Army who some of you claim is the most feared in sub sahara africa that can't even protect there assets inside there own borders.

This is indicative of a ill disciplined army.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/video/boko-haram-militants-showing-weapons-captured-army-barrack-raid
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2013
DictatorZAR: Now this is the Sorry State of the Nigerian Army against Boko Haram who Raid Army Barracks at will whenever they need ammunition or a few new Toys.grin

Now is this the same Nigerian Army who some of you claim is the most feared in sub sahara africa that can't even protect there assets inside there own borders.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/video/boko-haram-militants-showing-weapons-captured-army-barrack-raid
Dude, no Nigerian base was ever raided. Some terrorists did try but twenty of them got killed and the rest managed to run away with gunshot wounds. What you have here is boko haram propaganda. If that ever happened then the army would have made it public the same way it made public the explosions that happened in the barracks. And there would have been an investigation and some generals would have lost their jobs. You can even read what a pro terrorist p aper wrote just after the event, they said what I am saying right now:
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/51783-soldiers-kill-20-in-borno-as-insurgents-attack-barracks

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
If those weapons were from a Nigerian army barracks (the Monguno barracks in this case) then howcome the terrorists are unable to produce the matriculation of the weapons, because Nigerian army rifles and machine guns have matriculation on them, the rifles that s.cum was holding didn't show any number written on them. The bullet proof vest of that s.cum is a chadian bullet proof vest, so I think the rest of the weapons were purchased in chad as well.
DictatorZAR: Now this is the Sorry State of the Nigerian Army against Boko Haram who Raid Army Barracks at will whenever they need ammunition or a few new Toys.grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kgr28(m): 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2013
This thread is boring!! Nigeria is just another African country, they always run their mouths, like their fart smell nice!! To my fellow South Africans, stop commenting, let them go with the title THEY ARE THE BEST IN AFRICAN. They so much like power and titles so much, that it makes them feel important cause they know nigeria is a shythole!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
patriot4:
Dude, no Nigerian base was ever raided. Some terrorists did try but twenty of them got killed and the rest managed to run away with gunshot wounds. What you have here is boko haram propaganda. If that ever happened then the army would have made it public the same way it made public the explosions that happened in the barracks. And there would have been an investigation and some generals would have lost their jobs. You can even read what a pro terrorist p aper wrote just after the event, they said what I am saying right now:
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/51783-soldiers-kill-20-in-borno-as-insurgents-attack-barracks

Good job @Patriot
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
kgr28: This thread is boring!! Nigeria is just another African country, they always run their mouths, like their fart smell nice!! To my fellow South Africans, stop commenting, let them go with the title THEY ARE THE BEST IN AFRICAN. They so much like power and titles so much, that it makes them feel important cause they know nigeria is a shythole!!
According to some people, "the whole African continent is a shithole". According to some people "it is the black race who are the shit in the hole, and if you take them out of Africa then Africa would be a paradise". Your comment is just as dumb as those two comments, but guess what, those comments comme from racists, you what caused your menthal break down ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
I just happen to have followed that case verry well when the terrorists tried to attack the barracks. I read many news papers relating what happened.
agaugust:

Good job @Patriot
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kgr28(m): 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
patriot4: According to some people, "the whole African continent is a shithole". According to some people "it is the black race who are the shit in the hole, and if you take them out of Africa then Africa would be a paradise". Your comment is just as dumb as those two comments, but guess what, those comments comme from racists, you what caused your menthal break down ?
my country SA is not a shithole. You should use that weapon money to built roads, power, stransport system,sewage,clean air, basically your country is FVCKED UP. So who lives in a shythole??
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
kgr28: my country SA is not a shithole. You should use that weapon money to built roads, power, stransport system,sewage,clean air, basically your country is FVCKED UP. So who lives in a shythole??
Your country is plagued with rape, hiv, racist genocide (against the white), and poorverty. yet you think you are better than others. Your black population is verry uneducated, it is the whites who do all the hard science and intellectual work in your country. And the same whites are running out of your country in great numbers. So man your country is "bleeped up". And I shall answer you that Nigeria needs weapons to protect its citizenry, we need a vibrant military industrial complex to stop foreign powers from invading our country and killing our citizens. And we are repairing bad roads, and we do have the money to do that, and it is none of your business.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kgr28(m): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2013
patriot4: Your country is plagued with rape, hiv, racist genocide (against the white), and poorverty. yet you think you are better than others. Your black population is verry uneducated, it is the whites who do all the hard science and intellectual work in your country. And the same whites are running out of your country in great numbers. So man your country is "bleeped up". And I shall answer you that Nigeria needs weapons to protect its citizenry, we need a vibrant military industrial complex to stop foreign powers from invading our country and killing our citizens. And we are repairing bad roads, and we do have the money to do that, and it is none of your business.
lolest, whatever dude!! Whatever makes have wet dream at night!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kgr28(m): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2013
patriot4: Your country is plagued with rape, hiv, racist genocide (against the white), and poorverty. yet you think you are better than others. Your black population is verry uneducated, it is the whites who do all the hard science and intellectual work in your country. And the same whites are running out of your country in great numbers. So man your country is "bleeped up". And I shall answer you that Nigeria needs weapons to protect its citizenry, we need a vibrant military industrial complex to stop foreign powers from invading our country and killing our citizens. And we are repairing bad roads, and we do have the money to do that, and it is none of your business.
lolest, whatever dude!! Whatever makes you have wet dreams at night!! You are the best!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
Please Nigerian focus on your own problems and leave South Africa alone.
NIGERIA A FAILED STATE

www.nairaland.com/1269741/nigeria-becoming-failed-state#15484466
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GeneralJ(m): 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NYRM: 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you to school to sit at home because our Government have failed us. Let us come out one day and say No. We must not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money, oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000 youths in each of the 36states to challenge the Government. We say NO, we will destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill those who stand on our way as they are consideredthe enemy. A man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has come for us to react, the only way our Government listens is violence,they have shown it to the Niger delta militantsand nowthey are planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per monthto the unemployed was rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as minimum wage? How much do they pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria will burn to berebuilt again like Libya, Iraq, Egypt and Tunisia...pleas e spread this message unless you want todie in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to be happy and prosperous...!! ! Pls send this msg to all ur contact cos anytin can happen o!!! The time is right for us all to say no bad governance who take the youths for granted!
I knw sum will say NO let start the move together by joining the group "nigerian youths movement for revolution"pls don't send friend request just like the group "nigerian youths movement for revolution" help us in recommending the group to ur family and friend say no to bad leaders, say no to oppressors
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
NYRM: Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you to school to sit at home because our Government have failed us. Let us come out one day and say No. We must not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money, oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000 youths in each of the 36states to challenge the Government. We say NO, we will destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill those who stand on our way as they are consideredthe enemy. A man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has come for us to react, the only way our Government listens is violence,they have shown it to the Niger delta militantsand nowthey are planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per monthto the unemployed was rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as minimum wage? How much do they pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria will burn to berebuilt again like Libya, Iraq, Egypt and Tunisia...pleas e spread this message unless you want todie in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to be happy and prosperous...!! ! Pls send this msg to all ur contact cos anytin can happen o!!! The time is right for us all to say no bad governance who take the youths for granted!
I knw sum will say NO let start the move together by joining the group "nigerian youths movement for revolution"pls don't send friend request just like the group "nigerian youths movement for revolution" help us in recommending the group to ur family and friend say no to bad leaders, say no to oppressors
Can you tell me your name ?
You are a s.tupid man. You are calling for chaos !! you i.diot. You really think burning down the country will help the citizens ? Are you crazy ? Just tell me your name and where you live so that I put a bullet in your head.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:57pm On Apr 30, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:57pm On Apr 30, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
NYRM: Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you to school to sit at home because our Government have failed us. Let us come out one day and say No. We must not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money, oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000 youths in each of the 36states to challenge the Government. We say NO, we will destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill those who stand on our way as they are consideredthe enemy. A man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has come for us to react, the only way our Government listens is violence,they have shown it to the Niger delta militantsand nowthey are planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per monthto the unemployed was rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as minimum wage? How much do they pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria will burn to berebuilt again like Libya, Iraq, Egypt and Tunisia...pleas e spread this message unless you want todie in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to be happy and prosperous...!! ! Pls send this msg to all ur contact cos anytin can happen o!!! The time is right for us all to say no bad governance who take the youths for granted!

there are poor hungry people all over the world, even here in America where i live. so you need some education. there can never be a heaven on earth ! no country is free from poverty. truth about life.

be creative, be enterprising and pray to God for your own prosperity. i left many friends behind in nigeria, but after many years, they have built small business from scratch level to booming cash flow. solve your personal problems. life is NOT a bed of roses, even in Europe. dont be deceived by stories.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2013

i have posted a new weblink source for the post below.

By J.K. Obatala

It is built to become a massive world class project of international standards, not a backyard size project.

Web Link Source:

[size=20pt]
http://www.saao.ac.za/~wgssa/archive/as12/fashade.pdf[/size]

[/quote]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2013

now mister, its your turn to correct the dead weblink source you posted above. i have corrected my own as above after you complained . fix yours now !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2013
DictatorZAR:
SA only has about 60% christian, 20% Muslim, 10% Hindu, 7% Judaism 3% other religious followings.

wikipedia says south africa has 80% christians and only a tiny 1.5% muslims. compare nigeria that has 40% muslims.

weblink source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_South_Africa

no need to argue. there are other important things to post. just for you to note.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EzePromoe: 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
saengine:

I can very gladly use South Africa as an example. Even though many many people hate the current South African
government, they won't form violent militant groups like Boko Haram. For the simple fact that they know they wont get away with it. Our defence force getting attacked on home soil by militants simply will never happen, and if it does it will be sorted out.

You answered exactly how I knew you would. I don't care if Boko Haram is made up of soldiers from the moon, that's just an excuse. Why would the great Nigerian army let people from all those countries cause so much chaos in your country? You claim to have the equipment, you claim to have the skills, declare martial law and weed them out street by street. The reason they exist is because they know they can get away with it, simple as that. If an American Boko Haram was hiding amongst civilians, do you think the US army would use that as an excuse? No.

Point is, all countries which do not have such internal problem from rebels or bandits all have strong defence forces or a good security structure. There is a zero tolerance attitude.
But the fact still remains that Nigerian armies have never suffered such humiliation suffered by the South African troops.
Imagine 200 soldiers!
Even our JTF suffers at most 3 casualists when in a bloody battle with the dreaded Boko Haram sect.
Nigerian troops silenced the Malian rebels, so in Liberia and Sierra Leone. And today, they call us 'big brothers'. South African troops could not even handle those area boys. SMH.
THERE'S DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TALL MAN AND A GIANT.
Just give it up for the GIANTS OF AFRICA!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.