Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,603 members, 7,851,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4459300 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EzePromoe: 11:39am On Apr 30, 2013
saengine:

And the reason Boko Haram even still exits in Nigeria is because your military is powerless to stop them.
Any defence force which is as good as you claim Nigeria's is would have crushed them a long time ago. That is
why you don't get "Boko Haram" type attacks in America, Britain, Germany, Japan etc etc. If such groups do rise up,
they are immediately crushed.

If the Nigerian army know that they have a bomb factory in northern Nigeria why not just have the air force bomb it?
Why not use all that fancy equipment you have and end Boko Haram once and for all?
You dont have to answer me because I know what you're going to say..."it's more complicated than that, they getting external help, blah blah blah"
Why did you use America as an example?
Why not South Africa as usual?
One thing you must know is that BH is not made up of only Nigerians. Chadians, Malians, Nigeriens, Egyptians, Algerians, Libyans, and people from so many other countries are amongst them. Boko Haram also has link with the international al-queda.
So it is not as easy as you say it, but still our military take them every single day in their numbers.
Another problem is that the members of the sects are cowards and can't come out to face the military, they rather hide themselves amongst the civilians, and when the military strikes it will be heard that civilians were killed.
I'm sure South Africa would have send an SOS to the international community if they were to face all these, but we Nigerians choose not to lick the boots of the Westerners.
We face our problem ourselves and we shall surely overcome. Go and think of how you'll bury your soldiers you lost to CAR area boys.
LOL!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2013
saengine:

And the reason Boko Haram even still exits in Nigeria is because your military is powerless to stop them.
Any defence force which is as good as you claim Nigeria's is would have crushed them a long time ago. That is
why you don't get "Boko Haram" type attacks in America, Britain, Germany, Japan etc etc. If such groups do rise up,

If the Nigerian army know that they have a bomb factory in northern Nigeria why not just have the air force bomb it?
Why not use all that fancy equipment you have and end Boko Haram once and for all?
You dont have to answer me because I know what you're going to say..."it's more complicated than that, they getting external help, blah blah blah"

[size=16pt] no world army ever wipes out secret/hidden terrorists [/size]

you are very wrong. reasons below. facts and figures. @saengine i have been hunting for you because of some posts you made about nigerian navy...now i will unload for the next few days.

B.oko H.aram forces have never survived face to face combat with nigerian army, our soldiers k.ill all of them anytime they come out to fight. nigerian army dont use any heavy weapons to fight B.oko H.aram, we use only rifles and they use rifles,RPG, grenades and bombs against nigerian army, but yes our army still defeats them and k.ill/capture all of them unless they run away and change to normal civilian clothes and mix with the people in the streets.

Most of the successful B.oko H.aram attacks in nigeria actually were suicide bombings where the islamist themselves drove cars loaded with dynamite into churches and died along with the people. how does an army stop a man that is committing suicide ? no army in the world can stop you from k.illing yourself.

Bomb factories of B.oko H.aram are not open identifiable places, they are village hidden houses where people live and store farm products. they go there to mix dynamite and make crude type of bombs not standard manufacture.

Many B.oko H.aram attacks have been prevented before they happen due to nigerian SSS intelligence secret operaions, many not a few attacks have been prevented but not reported because its not attractive news for newspapers to sell. the k.illing storeies are always published in the news to get public buyers of newspapers, the foiled attacks are hardly ever published because it does not sell hot in media news. Also many B.oko H.aram bomb making houses have been detected by nigerian SSS and army intelligence, then captured before the terrorists could use them

Many B.oko H.aram leaders and followers have been captured alive by nigerian army and SSS and a phot is below of a major leader of the terrorists going to nigerian court trial after capture and some followers captured below

B.oko H.aram are terrorists hiding among ordinary civilians in the towns and villages, they live life like normal people and work as farmers and traders, or religious school teachers and students, and some in government civil serveice, some in banks and offices. they transform in minutes into terrorists and transform back again into civilians in minutes. no army in the world can find and attack such hidden targets, not even american or russian army

America just suffered another successful terrorist attack 2 weeks ago in Boston city, about 5 civilians killed and 100 wounded, why did america not prevent it ? they only got the terrorists because it was a big city attack and Boston is one of the most advanced cities in the world so they had CCTV street cameras to find the two bombers photos. yet not the american army or police that found the terrorists on camera, it was a man who saw the two bombers drop the bag baom beside him that blow off his two legs but he survived, he toold the police to look into CCTV cameras for two men with black cap and white cap. if the man had died, the two bombers will never be found, and they were on their way to new york for another terror attack. i live in america, and i know how we have failed to prevent many terror attacks from september 11 O.sama B.in laden till now, and we are still expecting more attacks on america to happen.

Britain faced B.oko H.aram type of attck for about 30 years and the whole British army never defeated the terrorists called IRA, Irish Republican Army. all the British military forces, Police, and special secret service intelligence agency MI5, SCOTLAND YARD, etc, all failed to stop thousands of IRA terrorist attacks,bombings, and k.illings of innocent civilians in London, Belfast, and all over Britain for about 30 years until the IRA was called to negotiation of peace and the problem was resolved by peaceful agreement and ceasefire. IRA was a religious body like B.oko. H.aram. Google this history and confirm, no need for weblink, its world history.

Russia faced terrorist attacks from I.slamic civilians in chechnya, and other states for many years, and yet the russian army has not defeated them till today. they carry out bombings in russia and kill civilians, the same people moved to american and did the Boston bombing 2 weeks ago. Russian military and KGB secret service intelligence has not defeated the B.oko H.aram type of people in russia till today. they terrorists are mixed with civilians and live as ordinary people. Moscow city has been bombed.

Do you still want me to go on ? i dont think i need to.
[size=16pt]
Anyone that says nigerian army is not good enough and thats why B.oko H.aram still exists, that man is a F00L in the first class division ![/size]

[img]http://ireporterstv.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/boko-haram-commander-court-4.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
saengine:

I can list 10 countries (5 of them with better militaries than nigeria) still struggling with insurgency.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
Agaugust, thank you for mentioning IRA. The britis government fought them for 27years with no success. Insurgency, especially islmic insurgency/ fanaticism is no easy task battling.

Russia
Turkey
India
Indonesia
Pakistan
Philippines

All of them battling islamic insurgency for more than 10 years now. With the top five with far better militaries than nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Yea, you may see it as such because Nigeria is poor in record-keeping, you can never tell what Nigeria has except in the battle field.
Remember during the civil war, that weapons were built and made by Biafrans.
Boko Haram makes their bomb themselves, they have a number of bomb factory in Northern Nigeria.
South Africa would have being in the dust if it has experienced what Nigeria has experienced.
That's how you get to know who are the real GIANTS wink

Wow you are really ignorant. We fought a sviet backed Cuba in Angola. The USSR used the angolan war has a testing ground for all there high tech wepaons. Yet you think your bifar, mend and BH where better.

I can make bomb I know people who could make bombs that would put any thing BH has to shame.

You act like BH's IEDs are that big of a deal. Even the airforce of bifar was a joke compaird to the angolan air force(never mind cuba) during our war there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
Henry120: Agaugust, thank you for mentioning IRA. The britis government fought them for 27years with no success. Insurgency, especially islmic insurgency/ fanaticism is no easy task battling.

Russia
Turkey
India
Indonesia
Pakistan
Philippines

All of them battling islamic insurgency for more than 10 years now. With the top five with far better militaries than nigeria.

Yet SA could bring pagad and AWB under control.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
zaandrew:

Wow you are really ignorant. We fought a sviet backed Cuba in Angola. The USSR used the angolan war has a testing ground for all there high tech wepaons. Yet you think your bifar, mend and BH where better.

I can make bomb I know people who could make bombs that would put any thing BH has to shame.

You act like BH's IEDs are that big of a deal. Even the airforce of bifar was a joke compaird to the angolan air force(never mind cuba) during our war there.

South Africa also had support from America, France, Britain and Israel against Angola,Cuba USSR. It was a balanced war. South Africa could not have survived Russian weapons alone without European help. South Africa had French Mirage F1 modern jet fighters the very best from France and many other weapons and technical help from the Americans
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
agaugust:

South African had support from America, France Britain and Israel against Angola,Cuba USSR. It was a balanced war. South Africa could not have survived Russian weapons alone without European help. South Africa had French Mirage F1 modern jet fighters the very best from France

all forghin support bar some corvert and intel sharing was stoped in the late 1970s or when the war became really tough.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-30317/

I thought the nigerian navy was so good. But why have you over taken somalia.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2013

[size=16pt]i have posted two new weblink sources for the post below.[/size]

nigeria 100% made secret missile development and testing

Nigerian Scientists Launch Rockets

By J.K. Obatala
Sunday, November 16, 2008

OFFICIALS at the Centre For Space Transport And Propulsion (CSTP), Epe, Lagos State, have made a startling revelation: Nigerian Scientists and engineers have, for the past two years, been building and launching experimental rockets - without foreign assistance. Coordinator of the Centre, Mr. Oluremi A. Fashade, told The Guardian last week that at least nine test-firings had occurred. The rockets are launched from a testing range near the Lagos State University, adjacent to the Lagos Lagoon.
For the first time ever, Fashade, an engineer, talked openly about the Centre's formerly top secret rocket research, which is being carried out under the auspices of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA).
Among other things, he said that the Centre would, in time, graduate to bigger and more complex craft, capable of launching satellites and eventually humans into space. He said that the NASRDA was acquiring a new launch site on a remote island in the Atlantic, to accommodate full-sized space vehicles.

It is built to become a massive world class project of international standards, not a backyard size project.

New Web Link Sources: please dont click on it, rather copy and paste directly to your browser then enter
[size=16pt]
http://www.saao.ac.za/~wgssa/archive/as12/fashade.pdf

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/nigeria-to-launch-3-satellites/
[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Why did you use America as an example?
Why not South Africa as usual?
One thing you must know is that BH is not made up of only Nigerians. Chadians, Malians, Nigeriens, Egyptians, Algerians, Libyans, and people from so many other countries are amongst them. Boko Haram also has link with the international al-queda.
So it is not as easy as you say it, but still our military take them every single day in their numbers.
Another problem is that the members of the sects are cowards and can't come out to face the military, they rather hide themselves amongst the civilians, and when the military strikes it will be heard that civilians were killed.
I'm sure South Africa would have send an SOS to the international community if they were to face all these, but we Nigerians choose not to lick the boots of the Westerners.
We face our problem ourselves and we shall surely overcome. Go and think of how you'll bury your soldiers you lost to CAR area boys.
LOL!

I can very gladly use South Africa as an example. Even though many many people hate the current South African
government, they won't form violent militant groups like Boko Haram. For the simple fact that they know they wont get away with it. Our defence force getting attacked on home soil by militants simply will never happen, and if it does it will be sorted out.

You answered exactly how I knew you would. I don't care if Boko Haram is made up of soldiers from the moon, that's just an excuse. Why would the great Nigerian army let people from all those countries cause so much chaos in your country? You claim to have the equipment, you claim to have the skills, declare martial law and weed them out street by street. The reason they exist is because they know they can get away with it, simple as that. If an American Boko Haram was hiding amongst civilians, do you think the US army would use that as an excuse? No.

Point is, all countries which do not have such internal problem from rebels or bandits all have strong defence forces or a good security structure. There is a zero tolerance attitude.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
saengine:

I can very gladly use South Africa as an example. Even though many many people hate the current South African
government, they won't form violent militant groups like Boko Haram. For the simple fact that they know they wont get away with it. Our defence force getting attacked on home soil by militants simply will never happen, and if it does it will be sorted out.

You answered exactly how I knew you would. I don't care if Boko Haram is made up of soldiers from the moon, that's just an excuse. Why would the great Nigerian army let people from all those countries cause so much chaos in your country? You claim to have the equipment, you claim to have the skills, declare martial law and weed them out street by street. The reason they exist is because they know they can get away with it, simple as that. If an American Boko Haram was hiding amongst civilians, do you think the US army would use that as an excuse? No.

Point is, all countries which do not have such internal problem from rebels or bandits all have strong defence forces or a good security structure. There is a zero tolerance attitude.
Let me explain the situation to you:
You have someone in Nigeria called the sultan of Sokoto. The muslim northerners (70 million people)see him as a god and worship his words. That same man is a boko haram sympathizer. Apart from that you have about 90% of northern politicians who are helping boko haram. Then you have the president coming Under pressure from those groups and who doesn't give the army the right to use heavy weapons on boko haram. And you have journalists who keep writing propaganda for boko haram (mostly because many of them were locked up during dictatorship and that they want revench on the military, and for the fact most of them are bought by boko haram supporters). So when the army finds out a boko haram hideout and strikes, you have a huge civilian population putting themselves on the way of the soldiers, which helps the terrorists run away and instead of killing 70 terrorists, you hear the army killed only 25 terrorists. And even after that, the northern politicians come out with boko haram propaganda and say the army was targetting civilians and that 185 civilians were killed. And then you have the northern civilians becoming more and more hostile to the soldiers and schielding more and more the terrorists, and you have a president who can't check his words and who is blacmailed by his own political allies to say kind words towards boko haram. Have you started to understand the situation ? Boko haram is not an army and doesn't fight like one, this is a terrorist group which has half of the politicians of the country as its sympathizers and financers. And we recently gave in to democracy, so those politicians have their say on what the army is allowed to do or not to do. You also have a verry large border that is the most porous on earth and neighbours with verry little defence capabilities, which allows the terrorists to run outside the country when they are being attacked by the military. It also allows them to have bases in our neighbouring countries. Have you started understanding ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2013
It is not about the security forces, it is about the menthality of the civilians.
This is the reason why israel got rid of the palestinians who were a large population in Israel.
The palestinians had the menthality of schielding terrorists.
So you see even the israeli security aparatus couldn't deal with them, so it had to frustrate their living Hood and send them out of israel. Your own army couldn't deal with ANC militantism, they gave up and now you have ANC ruling you.
saengine:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
patriot4: It is not about the security forces, it is about the menthality of the civilians.
This is the reason why israel got rid of the palestinians who were a large population in Israel.
The palestinians had the menthality of schielding terrorists.
So you see even the israeli security aparatus couldn't deal with them, so it had to frustrate their living Hood and send them out of israel. Your own army couldn't deal with ANC militantism, they gave up and now you have ANC ruling you.

Non of the former liberstion movemebts where ever a internal threat. They operated from external bases and luanched raides in to SA.

The mass break downs of law and order where never ANC or PAC operstions. Though both supported them and provocted actsion. Most acctual ANC,PACextra(excluding swapo) in SA held lands where small and of no threat.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
zaandrew:

Non of the former liberstion movemebts where ever a internal threat. They operated from external bases and luanched raides in to SA.

The mass break downs of law and order where never ANC or PAC operstions. Though both supported them and provocted actsion. Most acctual ANC,PACextra(excluding swapo) in SA held lands where small and of no threat.
You must be kidding yourself, the black South africans were schielding ANC militants and also helping them hide their weapons in South african soil. And yes of course ANC had bases outside South africa, so does boko haram. boko haram is hidden and shielded by the northern muslims (a big chunk of them =70 million peaople) and they have big bases outside Nigeria, places like Niger, Chad and Mali. The difference is that Nigerian army will never give up the fight, and that it will be won.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
zaandrew:

all forghin support bar some corvert and intel sharing was stoped in the late 1970s or when the war became really tough.

Quote Source to prove that claim above.

Also, you still had best weapon from France the Mirage F1 Jet Fighter-Bombers

Cuba that you fought has no combat experience or any war in their history. Most of the Cuban army that fought south African army were young boys conscripts of communism pushed to war without much training and zero experience. South African military had been fighting war since 1930 and had military forces built up by Europeans for over 100 years.

Yet you did NOT win the war. We have posted on that bush war on earlier pages and I don't want to waste my time on it again.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
zaandrew: http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-30317/

I thought the nigerian navy was so good. But why have you over taken somalia.

Post source to prove your claim that Nigerian ocean has more piracy than Somalia with statistics.

The web link in your post mentioned only one single piracy incident in Nigerian waters, but Somalia waters piracy happens many times more than Nigeria.

I thought you claim South African Police was good, why do you still have the highest Murder rate in Africa and the highest R.ape rates in the world ?

If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones .
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
black ANC hit and run freedom fighters launched guerrilla attacks successfully on south African soil for many tears and SWAPO freedom fighters did tha same in Namibia against south African military and government.

South Africa was never able to stop and end those attacks because it's like B.oko H.aram style

Do we need to post history with photos on the above ? It was hot world news for many years !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
patriot4:
You must be kidding yourself, the black South africans were schielding ANC militants and also helping them hide their weapons in South african soil. And yes of course ANC had bases outside South africa, so does boko haram. boko haram is hidden and shielded by the northern muslims (a big chunk of them =70 million peaople) and they have big bases outside Nigeria, places like Niger, Chad and Mali. The difference is that Nigerian army will never give up the fight, and that it will be won.

Name one major battel in side SA between SA goverment forces and any of the liberstion movements.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
zaandrew:

Name one major battel in side SA between SA goverment forces and any of the liberstion movements.
The militants/terrorists did strike in SA right ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
saengine:

all countries which do not have such internal problem from rebels or bandits all have strong defence forces or a good security structure. There is a zero tolerance attitude.

Did you read my post above in this same page about B.oko H.aram ? About similar terrorists in Britain for 30 years the British army could NOT wipe out ? About Russia same situation and also attacks on American soil too. Did you read my post ?

I don't want to call you a F00L but please don't write again without thinking and comparing facts.

An intelligent man knows South Africa is about 90% christan while Nigeria is 40% Muslim so how do you compare ? All south Africa neighborhood countries are 90% Christian like Zimbabwe, Namibia, Botswana, etc. Nigerian northern neighborhood countries are 100% Muslim.

Can you think now ? Or you still wanna borrow brain ?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
agaugust:

Quote Source to prove that claim above.

Also, you still had best weapon from France the Mirage F1 Jet Fighter-Bombers

Cuba that you fought has no combat experience or any war in their history. Most of the Cuban army that fought south African army were young boys conscripts of communism pushed to war without much training and zero experience. South African military had been fighting war since 1930 and had military forces built up by Europeans for over 100 years.

Yet you did NOT win the war. We have posted on that bush war on earlier pages and I don't want to waste my time on it again.

You sure you in the defense industry.

Look at when SA got hit with sacstions.

The mirrage was outdated by the 1980s. Hence the cheeta upgrade.

Cuba had fought a revoulnarry war, and held off a US backed bay of pigs. Show a source for your clam of cuba only sending conscripts.

Nor did we loose. The bush war ended with both cuba and SA leaveing angola and angola and swapo cancelling support for the ANC.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
zaandrew:

Cuba had fought a revoulnarry war, and held off a US backed bay of pigs. Show a source for your clam of cuba only sending conscripts.

Nor did we loose. The bush war ended with both cuba and SA leaveing angola and angola and swapo cancelling support for the ANC.
I shall add: and you being ruled by ANC.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 4:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
patriot4:

Sawpo launched a few raides in to south west africa(now nambia) non ever achied any form of victory.

In SA ANC,PAC and others had a few bombings. Non ever threanted the goverment. Then there where periods of internal township uprising but thos where mostly a poliece matter. The SADF only provinding support.

Township uprising still occure today. And they have never had enough power to over throw the goverment.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
P
patriot4:

Sawpo launched a few raides in to south west africa(now nambia) non ever achied any form of victory.

In SA ANC,PAC and others had a few bombings. Non ever threanted the goverment. Then there where periods of internal township uprising but thos where mostly a poliece matter. The SADF only provinding support.

Township uprising still occure today. And they have never had enough power to over throw the goverment.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
I think you misunderstand me completely.
I do not know what you are arguing about.
I am only showing you that there are more difficult insurgencies than that those two ones you keep bragging about.
I gave you an example of an insurgency you lost.
The ANC, did target white civilians, raped and killed them. That is terrorism. And your armed forces gave the fight up, and now they are ruling you.
The type of terrorism you faced is much less than that Nigeria is facing right now.
So please try to be balanced.
By the way, I want to clarify that apartheid was wrong, but the methods used by some ANC people was just as wrong.
zaandrew: P

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
agaugust:

Post source to prove your claim that Nigerian ocean has more piracy than Somalia with statistics.

The web link in your post mentioned only one single piracy incident in Nigerian waters, but Somalia waters piracy happens many times more than Nigeria.

I thought you claim South African Police was good, why do you still have the highest Murder rate in Africa and the highest R.ape rates in the world ?

If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones .

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-30153/

We do not have the highest murder or rape case in the world. A lot of countries do not release statists of there crime rate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
patriot4: I think you misunderstand me completely.
I do not know what you are arguing about.
I am only showing you that there are more difficult insurgencies than that those two ones you keep bragging about.
I gave you an example of an insurgency you lost.
The ANC, did target white civilians, raped and killed them. That is terrorism. And your armed forces gave the fight up, and now they are ruling you.
The type of terrorism you faced is much less than that Nigeria is facing right now.
So please try to be balanced.
By the way, I want to clarify that apartheid was wrong, but the methods used by some ANC people was just as wrong.

SADF never gave up the fighting. There was a natsional poll where goverment asked the people if they wanted to end aparthied. I don't think many people know about that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
Yes, but the national pole happened because your military and police had no response to the militants.
I do not mean to say the militants "won". I only mean to say you couldn't bring the situation back to normal.
It took the intervention of Nelson mandella for the militants and terrorists to stop their murderous activities.
You see, as I said, it is foolish to say that it is military strenght that determines the speed at which a countr defeats terrorism. It is more complicated. It has to do with the menthality of the civilians. You can win miliatarilly but it might take time and effort. In many cases, like the one in Ireland the british prefered to seperate themselves from the Irish. and they kept a verry little part of Ireland. And they have surveillance on most of the irish people on their land. So as you can see, it has nothing to do with the strenght of your army. It has all to do with the menthality and determination of the civilian populace. That is the reason boko haram can't get hide or strike in the South.
zaandrew:

SADF never gave up the fighting. There was a natsional poll where goverment asked the people if they wanted to end aparthied. I don't think many people know about that.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
zaandrew:

Yes I am in defense industry, and that's why I give you nightmares when you try to sleep.

I need my laptop for my ANC, SWAPO, and Angola/Cuba bush war replies in detail.

Dont hide the fact that south Africans on this forum have boasted of your worlds best Artillery GV6 Rhino and you had it used by south African army against Cuban army in Angola bush war and you could NOT win that war, yet you are complaining about sanctions on weapons importation.

You always have excuses for south African military failures. Always a story and excuse.

I knew bay of pigs battle. You call that a war? No ! It was a coup detat attempt to overthrow Fidel Castro leadership in Cuba. How many Americans landed secretly with the few Cuban anti Castro counter revolutionaries ? What weapons did they have on their small boats to use on land? How many hours of battle? You call that a war? Even though we Americans name it battles of bay of pigs, it was a coup detat we sponsored to change government from Fidel Castro to a Puppet.

We just watched film on Cuban revolution in the office last month ! It was just civil uprising all Castro guerillas were about 150 key fighters. Is it 150 fighters who are not a trained army that call experienced 50,000 Cuban soldiers in Angola war ?

My friend Angola war was fought by 90% conscript boys. Cuba had no 50,000 army in 1980 and how will they send all their capable soldiers to fight south Africa in Angola? Who will be left to defend Cuba from Castro's enemies?

How do you judge war and troops marshalling so carelessly ? Are you sure you completed military academy training?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
zaandrew:

Did the poll involve other races or just the white ruling class? Andrew, you were born during apartheid, as a white south african, what is your personal perspective on apartheid?

Nigeria faces a monumental task of tackling this insurgency. Please do not compare what we are facing now, to what south efrika faced in the 80's.
Troops have to deal with guerrilla warfare, suicide attacks and IED's from people who believe that when they die in jihad, they'll go to paradise and have 72 virgins

In the southern part of nigeria, 95% of women are literate, with a large number of them going for their masters degree. Polio has since been eradicated. Poverty is low. The north has one of the highest illiteracy level, polio and beggars are rampant in the north. The environment is hostile. While the south of nigeria continues to look like brazil, india in growth and infastructure, the north of nigeria is looking more like yemen and pakistan with constant terror attacks.

So you can see that, illiteracy and poverty induced by northern leaders, with a mix of islam spells disaster. They cannot be reasoned with. The task before the nigerian army is huge. Infact south africa should thank her stars that she has a very low muslim population and Christian neighbours.

Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with muslims, infact what is wrong with black african muslims, for crying out loud the religion these people are fighting for is imported, arab religion. Why don't africans just practise our traditional religions and live in peace.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
agaugust:

Did you read my post above in this same page about B.oko H.aram ? About similar terrorists in Britain for 30 years the British army could NOT wipe out ? About Russia same situation and also attacks on American soil too. Did you read my post ?

I don't want to call you a F00L but please don't write again without thinking and comparing facts.

An intelligent man knows South Africa is about 90% christan while Nigeria is 40% Muslim so how do you compare ? All south Africa neighborhood countries are 90% Muslim like Zimbabwe, Namibia, Botswana, etc. Nigerian northern neighborhood countries are 100% Muslim.

Can you think now ? Or you still wanna borrow brain ?

Now are you just plain foolish or are once again showing the average Naija boy syndrome.

Where the hell did you get the assumption that 90% of SA's neighboring states are Muslim because that the worst piece of nonsense I've heard from you in a while now.

The majority of southern african states are catholic or charismatic church followers same as Nigeria accept for SA which has a more diverse religious groupings.

SA only has about 60% christian, 20% Muslim, 10% Hindu, 7% Judaism 3% other religious followings.

Just for the record SA is a Secular State where no religion has a monopoly over another. We also have a SA council of Churches and Religious groupings where all Religious leaders meet regularly with goverment as to maintain good relations.

I think your the one who needs to get your facts straight before you come and show your lack of brain cells.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.