Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4434587 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 11:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Let's talk about Bombs,Fighter jets and artillery. NO PROFANTY!!!!,"my patronising mode" is off,so I won't insult anyone.

Then talk the talk without sounding your condescending self!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
Henry120:

Nigeria has a fast growing local defence industry. I have pasted multiple links and 5 times more images to buttress this point.

Any conflict between nigeria and a top 5 african country, that african country would loose.

You see all those equipments pasted in the recent photos(nadcel 2013), they were all up-graded and refurbished right here by the nigerian army's auto(**** can't recall the name)plant in bauchi state, nigeria.

Then their are private arms manufacturing companies, the biggest suppliers been, PROFORCE DEFENCE and MODANT
Nigeria doesn't have any modern homemade of the following "important war winning weapons" 1. Utility helicopters 2.Infantry fighting vehicles 3.MRAPS(Land mines can stop a Blitzkrieg) 4.Mine detecting and protected vehicles 5.Attack Helicopters 6. Radars 7.Long range artillery systems .8 Missiles from SAS(surface to surface),SAM(surface to air missile) to Air to ground missiles. That's only a few of them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
Henry120:

That's a blatant lie. No element in the army is sponsoring BH.

If you had said aiding, ofcourse sentiments would come into play. There are officers who have aided boko-haram, no doubt about that. However, all of those officers have been caught and court-martialled by the army. some of them are facing lengthy life sentences, while the others are still on trial.
That's the thing sir,if your officers can do this what support can they give to foreign spies with bags of money.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
Henry120:

We are talking/typing about the african continent and not the middle east.

How long would it take your plant to build more roovialks.

Apart from the shilkla, no nigerian weapon is obsolete.
Here's the thing I always go to any argument or debate knowing my views are not the facts,so do you mind showing or giving me a list of modern Nigerian weapons. It would depend,we all know plants can be bolstered if war was imminent.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Nigeria doesn't have any modern homemade of the following "important war winning weapons" 1. Utility helicopters 2.Infantry fighting vehicles 3.MRAPS(Land mines can stop a Blitzkrieg) 4.Mine detecting and protected vehicles 5.Attack Helicopters 6. Radars 7.Long range artillery systems .8 Missiles from SAS(surface to surface),SAM(surface to air missile) to Air to ground missiles. That's only a few of them.

You are so delusional. Suddenly, to seek advantage you talk about home-made? You've got your work cut out for you! Simply scroll through the past comments/posts/debates on this thread ... there's a lot of reading, understanding and lessons to be learnt. The question is -- list the obsolete weapons that exist in the armoury of the Nigerian Armed Forces. At this rate you are giving yourself the round-around!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 11:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Here's the thing I always go to any argument or debate knowing my views are not the facts,so do you mind showing or giving me a list of modern Nigerian weapons. It would depend,we all know plants can be bolstered if war was imminent.

Be diligent enough to go through this thread. Sadly your kith and kin KwameTut, ZetDee and CraigB have spammed the entire thread so much you'll be frustrated finding all the facts to counter your mindset assertions. LOL. Best of luck.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

What is your point? Having a weapons industry or being able to use the weapons in war? Egypt is not South Africa's mate ... men and hardware-wise! Build Rooivalks as quickly and easily as you bake "vetkoek"? All of the upgrades you do are mostly under license from the Western manufacturers. Weapons wise and manpower-wise Nigeria's war records are there to be researched. With Nigeria, SANDF will suffer worse defeat than they did in CAR.
If South Africa and Nigeria were to go for a military show down. South Africa would win looking at this: 50% of Ghana exports come to SA,point being(we might have an ally) close by. Distance: the distance would mean the war won't be intense,so South Africa can arm to the teeth. Weapons coming to Nigeria by sea can be cut off,cause international arms companies wouldn't want their ships to share waters with evasive SAS(south African Ship) submarines. South Africa can sponsor militants in Nigeria,like the SADF did with UNITA and train them,in your neighbouring countries. While our arms companies and the army is bolstered,with numbers and equipment.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
Henry120: You know what, list the obsolete nigerian weapons @MIKE..ZA.

You keep blabbing about nigerian weapons been obsolete, please do list them?
Just give me a list of modern Nigerian weapons.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Be diligent enough to go through this thread. Sadly your kith and kin KwameTut, ZetDee and CraigB have spammed the entire thread so much you'll be frustrated finding all the facts to counter your mindset assertions. LOL. Best of luck.
Funny NIGERIAN weapons are obsolete,and I don't see any plans on replacing them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Funny NIGERIAN weapons are obsolete,and I don't see any plans on replacing them.

Funny how you are answering my question with a question. There is no argument then.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 11:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:

We've seen your type on this thread long before your late arrival. Nothing new to offer. Empty Castle Lite bottle!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 12:01am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:
If South Africa and Nigeria were to go for a military show down. South Africa would win looking at this: 50% of Ghana exports come to SA,point being(we might have an ally) close by. Distance: the distance would mean the war won't be intense,so South Africa can arm to the teeth. Weapons coming to Nigeria by sea can be cut off,cause international arms companies wouldn't want their ships to share waters with evasive SAS(south African Ship) submarines. South Africa can sponsor militants in Nigeria,like the SADF did with UNITA and train them,in your neighbouring countries. While our arms companies and the army is bolstered,with numbers and equipment.

Funny chap! Are you alive on planet earth? You'll meet your waterloo if you think Ghana would be a forward base? ECOWAS is not SADC. Keep mocking your poor sense of military knowledge and continental politics. Even your kin Mr. AndrewZA will be shaking his head reading your juvenile comments.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:

SAM = we've got ours
IFV. = we've got ours (PF3)
Attack helicopters = we make components for our MI-35P's

All of the above, links and photos had earlier been provided.

Of the 9 listed, we got 3, and we import the rest. However in numbers, we have 3 times the numbers in some areas above south africa.

If a conflict between nigeria and south africa, were to ensue today, we would defeat you. you lack the man-power or industry to churn out your heavy equipments in the quantity required, while nigeria already has more.

*We got more attack and utility helos than you.
*radar system, nigeria is fully covered
*mraps, I'll give it to you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 12:09am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

So in other words, colonial-era practices make sense to present-day Naai-geria?

So, why argue with me when I say you are stuck in an era?

You've just proved it.

When you are able to define the word "tradition" don't fail to come back and apologise for making a mockery of yourself. Now you are confronted with the history and antecedence behind President Jonathan's use of the military uniform that dates back to the 1960s (when the first civilian President of Nigeria Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe adorned his own uniform) and you begin to bring in "colonial" noise?

The facts are in your face and for so long before your parents were even born!! It is constitutional ... like it or not. Nigeria will remain a subject beyond your comprehension. Keep studying! I'm liking every effort you make!

QED
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:

Please wake up from your slumber!!!

Nigeria controls west africa. nigeria is also ghana's biggest foreign investor.

"South Africa can sponsor militants in Nigeria,like the SADF did with UNITA and train them,in your neighbouring countries. While our arms companies and the army is bolstered,with numbers and equipment."

Silly dreamer. You think angola is nigeria, smh...
We would use your sisters( our wives) to spy on your military architecture.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 12:36am On Jul 10, 2013
Henry120:

Please wake up from your slumber!!!

Nigeria controls west africa. nigeria is also ghana's biggest foreign investor.

"South Africa can sponsor militants in Nigeria,like the SADF did with UNITA and train them,in your neighbouring countries. While our arms companies and the army is bolstered,with numbers and equipment."

Silly dreamer. You think angola is nigeria, smh...
We would use your sisters( our wives) to spy on your military architecture.

Sadly, the fool does not know the situation within his own backyard. We are firmly rooted and ready to execute any orders from Abuja within the Union buildings. Believe it or not!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:36am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

When you are able to define the word "tradition"

Then say that! That's all you should've done. Say it's "tradition" and be happy.

Don't give us long arguments that don't hold water. Constitution blah blah blah.

Tradition! Simple. End of story.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:50am On Jul 10, 2013
Henry120:

However, all of those officers have been caught and court-martialled by the army.

Really? You know this how?

We have ourselves a Nigerian Sangoma here.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by hunter21(m): 1:03am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

Really? You know this how?

We have ourselves a Nigerian Sangoma here.
Guy, even in the united states military, there are alqeeda sympatizers and they had a lot of moles during the cold war.
The fact that we are able to catch up with them is what speaks for our intelligence community.
If you guys in SA have never caught a mole(with the amount of spies and diaspora population we have there) then your intelligence agencies should come and learn from us.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 1:04am On Jul 10, 2013
hunter2,1:

Guy, even in the united states military, there are alqeeda sympatizers and they had a lot of moles during the cold war.
The fact that we are able to catch up with them is what speaks for our intelligence community.
If you guys in SA have never caught a mole(with the amount of spies and diaspora population we have there) then your intelligence agencies should come and learn from us.

Too long a story to a short question.

How does he know that ALL the guilty officers have been caught, as he alleges?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 1:39am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

Then say that! That's all you should've done. Say it's "tradition" and be happy.

Don't give us long arguments that don't hold water. Constitution blah blah blah.

Tradition! Simple. End of story.

Your folly is legendary! Folly that would not allow you to read sense from the Nigerian constitution. Folly that made you think that Jonathan had hijacked his uniform like a dictator. Folly that made you fail to realise that Nigeria's Presidents are heads of the military and wear 5 star generals military uniforms as part of a known practice enshrined in the constitution. 33% brains! You now have learnt the hard way. It's a lesson all the same! Keep studying!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 1:45am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

Too long a story to a short question.

How does he know that ALL the guilty officers have been caught, as he alleges?

Anything to have an opposing point of view goes well for boy CraigB! You seem to challenge a lot without making any factual point of note. Empty Castle Lite bottle!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 1:58am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Anything to have an opposing point of view goes well for boy CraigB! You seem to challenge a lot without making any factual point of note. Empty Castle Lite bottle!

If you don't have answer, don't waste your life away trying to analyse CraigB.

We aren't going to sit and eat up your fufu or whatever it is you people eat there in Logoz (Hillbrow in your case), just because you say so grin grin

Questions will be asked of you lot, seeing as you like throwing statements about.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:04am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Folly that made you think that Jonathan had hijacked his uniform

Of course he did. No constitutional support for his conduct. You still haven't pulled out the relevant provision of the constitution. No previous military training, either. Naai-geria is just "loose" about issues of civilian rule. It has a tradition of "looseness" in that regard, as you so perfectly put it earlier.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GeneralJ(m): 2:25am On Jul 10, 2013
don't mean to go offtopic, but i just had to share this picture of the Nigeria police

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 2:38am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

Of course he did. No constitutional support for his conduct. You still haven't pulled out the relevant provision of the constitution. No previous military training, either. Naai-geria is just "loose" about issues of civilian rule. It has a tradition of "looseness" in that regard, as you so perfectly put it earlier.

I can't hold back my heavy laughter at your persistent reluctance to help your sorry self. At this point you are just a one man charade of stupidity! Absolutely so. Dem talk say fly wey no gree hear word ... na with dead body im go follow enter grave. Wannabe Nigerian! You like the uniform ... it's written all over you! Just say it! The same constitution has information to help you become eligible for one. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:44am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

I can't hold back my heavy laughter

If I counted the number of times you responded to people like this, whether in your capacity as All4Naija or NaijaPigoon, I'd be a millionaire by now. That's when you are flush out of words. You go: "I laugh". "People will laugh". "I laugh my belle gon burst". Typical Naai-jeria.

Looks like we're done discussing anything now and it's about discussing CraigB. Ok - I like that too. Attention can only be a good thing.

You have no constitutional argument. Give it a rest.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 2:44am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

If you don't have answer, don't waste your life away trying to analyse CraigB.

We aren't going to sit and eat up your fufu or whatever it is you people eat there in Logoz (Hillbrow in your case), just because you say so grin grin

Questions will be asked of you lot, seeing as you like throwing statements about.

There's so much you are not saying about that neighbourhood of yours! It's your prime time and life ticking away as you keep asking those empty questions ... whereas your mates are making good use of their youthful age. We still have a deal remember?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 2:46am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

If I counted the number of times you responded to people like this, whether in your capacity as All4Naija or NaijaPigoon, I'd be a millionaire by now. That's when you are flush out of words. You go: "I laugh". "People will laugh". "I laugh my belle gon burst". Typical Naai-jeria.

Looks like we're done discussing anything now and it's about discussing CraigB. Ok - I like that too. Attention can only be a good thing.

How does my liberty to laugh concern you. Read it there in that constitution. I have the freedom to laugh and express my CraigB motivated laugher! No be small thing o!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:47am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

There's so much you are not saying about that neighbourhood of yours! It's your prime time and life ticking away as you keep asking those empty questions ... whereas your mates are making good use of their youthful age. We still have a deal remember?

The point being what? As All4Naija, you've spoken my neighbourhood to death. Don't be upset if you can't answer "fo*lish" CraigB's questions, which you clearly can't ignore.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:48am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

How does my liberty to laugh concern you.

Oh, you're free to laugh. Chances are you don't realise that this has become your fall-back argument when you have nothing else to say.

You pretend that there's something funny, when there really isn't. It's a phrase that you've overused.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 2:54am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

More and more delusions! I am enjoying the moment. You are learning fast. The Nigerian in you is blossoming. You sabi cram pidgin no be small. It was President Jonathan's uniform ... what next? I told you I've got some free time to spend to help you waste your time! Na you go tire!

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.