Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4438779 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 2:56am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

Oh, you're free to laugh. Chances are you don't realise that this has become your fall-back argument when you have nothing else to say.

You pretend that there's something funny, when there really isn't. It's a phrase that you've overused.

No new material in your comments. Whatever happened to CraigB? grin Notice I have used the grinning emoticons?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:59am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

More and more delusions! I am enjoying the moment. You are learning fast. The Nigerian in you is blossoming. You sabi cram pidgin no be small. It was President Jonathan's uniform ... what next? I told you I've got some free time to spend to help you waste your time! Na you go tire!

It's great that you see me as a Naai-geerian. That means I can comment freely about the state of the country you've deemed me a part of. Thank you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:00am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

No new material in your comments.

How could there be when I'm commenting to the same stuff time and again?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 3:13am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

It's great that you see me as a Naai-geerian. That means I can comment freely about the state of the country you've deemed me a part of. Thank you.

Don't be too fast for yourself! grin Comment fully and truly about your South Africa first before coming here to feel like a Nigerian! Those your new Smart IDs ... you don't want to know how many have been earmarked for "us". Think outside the box if you know what I mean! South Africa!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 3:15am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

How could there be when I'm commenting to the same stuff time and again?

You must be so drained and strained by now! Why not throw your lapdogs into the fray as usual? You know what I mean?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:35am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

You must be so drained and strained by now! Why not throw your lapdogs into the fray as usual? You know what I mean?

Drained by what? I am in a perfect timezone and am walking about typing on my handheld. Why would I be drained?

You're the one that's not sleeping.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:38am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Don't be too fast for yourself! grin Comment fully and truly about your South Africa first before coming here to feel like a Nigerian! Those your new Smart IDs ... you don't want to know how many have been earmarked for "us". Think outside the box if you know what I mean! South Africa!!!!

Is that so? Ok, that's good to know. Says a lot about the state of your existence, doesn't it? Brings perspective to everything being said on this thread.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 4:05am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

Is that so? Ok, that's good to know. Says a lot about the state of your existence, doesn't it? Brings perspective to everything being said on this thread.

More about the state of your own existence. So porous and precarious. Consider that comment side-by-side Mike..ZA's comments ... I say this from a "coded" perspective. Your "time zone" must be taking its toll on you that you just can't comprehend the full import of my comments. Someday hopefully you'll wake up to it. Note that I am miles away from sub-Sahara.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 4:05am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

Drained by what? I am in a perfect timezone and am walking about typing on my handheld. Why would I be drained?

You're the one that's not sleeping.

You reckon?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:11am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

You reckon?

Look - you're becoming chatty. This is a forum. You need to chat to someone else. I'd rather do my work.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 4:17am On Jul 10, 2013
CraigB:

Look - you're becoming chatty. This is a forum. You need to chat to someone else. I'd rather do my work.

Everyone would have thought it was your pasttime being up and about every comment on Nairaland. Now recycler-in-chief CraigB is abdicating his playground for work? How times change! I told you I want to help you waste your time. So much of an unprecedented offer of "good" you are getting from this side of the debate? grin grin So funny how for the very first time I have used these emoticons a couple of times in the past few hours. It must mean a lot!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:28am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Everyone would have thought it was your pasttime being up and about every comment on Nairaland. Now recycler-in-chief CraigB is abdicating his playground for work? How times change! I told you I want to help you waste your time. So much of an unprecedented offer of "good" you are getting from this side of the debate? grin grin So funny how for the very first time I have used these emoticons a couple of times in the past few hours. It must mean a lot!!

Do you have a crush on me or what?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:12am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:
What's this? A bunch of obsolete weapons dumped in Nigeria?. The USA is not our friend nor a enemy. Let me give you a list of countries with capable armed forces in Africa 1.South Africa and Egypt 2. Algeria 3.Kenya 4.Nigeria and Morocco. 5.Botswana.

go to page 115, page 103, and page 280 of this thread, and educate yourself. nigerian military is NOT an obsolete force, it is your knowledge that is very out-dated. also list south african artillery force side by side with nigeria, and get roasted in the process. thank you.

dont make my 'Bat' stand upright, its hibernating head down for a few more days. nigeria has capacity to invade south africa with 10 battalions of mechanized troops, but south africa CANNOT invade nigeria.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 6:52am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Let's agree on one thing which is there are militant groups in Nigeria,with this fact acknowledged. We all know it would be difficult for Nigeria to fight on two fronts,looking at how massively your army has been deployed to deal with a single group. So if a country was to attack Nigeria now,I don't think your army can stretch any further.
Listen to yourself! So you have documents and records of the total number of soldiers Nigeria currently have and those deployed then you now assume our military has been overstretched and won't be able to defend the nation? And who is the enemy, South Africa? Keep dreaming in your SAn hut. I have been reading all posts here and just couldn't but smile through them, even somepeople are having headaches and heartaches that the Nigerian President wears military colours, they even want us to change our constitution to that effect and after my comrades and compatriots brush them off their pain they come up with yet another theme, circling around Nigeria's division which they believe is centred on some insurgent groups, but it is imcomprehensible in this whole debacle their apple interest in the Nigerian State of Affairs. Indeed, ignorant infested minds can never gain knowledge. Now about division. In the hot days of the militancy, our brothers at bakassi could not take it anymore and decided to bite the camerounian forces seeing that their own soldiers are held up with rules of engagement, they attacked the camerounians and killed them, but Biya never understood what transpired so he accused the Nigerian forces. Do you also know that OPC, a yoruba union have once pleaded with the federal government to permit them to engage boko haram? Even the delta militants that once threatened to wipeout Islamic structures in the south voluntarily withdrew? The war is Boko haram vs Nigeria, and the people whom the west and their propaganda painted to be having distrust for the military are thesame people standing up for the whole nation, pursueing and arresting their rebellious brothers and fathers because they believe in the unity of motherland. You can sit in your hut and conclude we are divided but never hurt us else you'll have yourself to blame because every Nigerian bears in mind that home is motherland and motherland is the only home.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 6:58am On Jul 10, 2013
Safe to say South Africa's G6-52L gun will out-range anything Nigeria has.
In 2006 it set a world record of 75km for a self-propelled artillery system.

[img]http://content.foto.mail.ru/community/zonawar.ru/sau/s-2348.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:02am On Jul 10, 2013
Donian007: Listen to yourself! So you have documents and records of the total number of soldiers Nigeria currently have and those deployed then you now assume our military has been overstretched and won't be able to defend the nation? And who is the enemy, South Africa? Keep dreaming in your SAn hut. I have been reading all posts here and just couldn't but smile through them, even somepeople are having headaches and heartaches that the Nigerian President wears military colours, they even want us to change our constitution to that effect and after my comrades and compatriots brush them off their pain they come up with yet another theme, circling around Nigeria's division which they believe is centred on some insurgent groups, but it is imcomprehensible in this whole debacle their apple interest in the Nigerian State of Affairs. Indeed, ignorant infested minds can never gain knowledge. Now about division. In the hot days of the militancy, our brothers at bakassi could not take it anymore and decided to bite the camerounian forces seeing that their own soldiers are held up with rules of engagement, they attacked the camerounians and killed them, but Biya never understood what transpired so he accused the Nigerian forces. Do you also know that OPC, a yoruba union have once pleaded with the federal government to permit them to engage boko haram? Even the delta militants that once threatened to wipeout Islamic structures in the south voluntarily withdrew? The war is Boko haram vs Nigeria, and the people whom the west and their propaganda painted to be having distrust for the military are thesame people standing up for the whole nation, pursueing and arresting their rebellious brothers and fathers because they believe in the unity of motherland. You can sit in your hut and conclude we are divided but never hurt us else you'll have yourself to blame because every Nigerian bears in mind that home is motherland and motherland is the only home.

The truth is a bitter pill for South Africans on this thread. The truth about Nigeria's unambiguous growth path is a sore on the forehead of every South African. I no fit shout but by this very comment of yours great Donian007 of obodo Naija ... A word is enough even for the fools. Ka Chineke mezie okwu! Mu sei gobe!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:03am On Jul 10, 2013
saengine: Safe to say South Africa's G6-52L gun will out-range anything Nigeria has.
In 2006 it set a world record of 75km for a self-propelled artillery system.

[img]http://content.foto.mail.ru/community/zonawar.ru/sau/s-2348.jpg[/img]

Nice one SAEngine. But from where will you be firing from?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:27am On Jul 10, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Rather ask what you want to ask, instead of open ended questions.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 8:01am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Again!!!! numbers can't guarantee a military victory,Example Is the DRC army which has around 150 000 personnel,but can't defeat a mere 5000-6000(estimates) M23 rebels or Israel which defeated the Arab forces in many wars with less men&less tanks. It takes 1.QUALITY equipment 2. Disciplined man. 3.Motivated man 4.funds 5.Good training ...............your army lacks a few of those.
We've gone over this issue and we're done with it, unless you want to start something you can't finish because your army also suffers from those things you listed. When you point a finger the rest are also towards you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:32am On Jul 10, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Ok,Let's set a stage(Nigerian boarders or South African boarders).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 8:41am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Ok,Let's set a stage(Nigerian boarders or South African boarders).

Feel free to set a stage! We'll intelligently meet you anywhere.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2013
saengine:

Rather ask what you want to ask, instead of open ended questions.

If you find this an open ended question, kindly take back the open-ended image you posted.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 8:45am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Here's the thing I always go to any argument or debate knowing my views are not the facts,so do you mind showing or giving me a list of modern Nigerian weapons. It would depend,we all know plants can be bolstered if war was imminent.
SHM! Typical of you SAns. I Was expecting this response no doubt, you made a claim he asked you to prove then you try to show you know nothing by redirecting thesame question to him.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:45am On Jul 10, 2013
Henry120:

Funny how you are answering my question with a question. There is no argument then.
OK here's my list of your obsolete weapons. A. ARTILLERY 1.FH-77 155mm towed howitzer 2.OTO melera 56. 3. 130mm towed field gun M1954 4. B. TANKS 1.T-55 2.T-72 C. APCs 1.Panhard AML 2. FOX armoured recc vehicle. 3.BTR-6BB D. AIR FORCE 1. Chengdu J-7 2.MIL MI-35 hind 3MBB BO 105 E. NAVY 1. NNS thunder (F90)....Other: panhard M3
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 8:48am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

If you find this an open ended question, kindly take back the open-ended image you posted.

They can be firing at each other on the moon for all I care, point is we out-range you. Picture was connected to agaugust saying Nigeria's artillery will roast SA's.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:51am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Feel free to set a stage! We'll intelligently meet you anywhere.
Nigeria invade South Africa from Namibia or Botswana,I chose this cause Nigeria would never come from the Indian ocean and your ships can support you in the Atlantic ocean. You can choose the year or change this stage set.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 8:54am On Jul 10, 2013
GeneralJ: don't mean to go offtopic, but i just had to share this picture of the Nigeria police
Beautiful! You are not off-topic bro, those are what where talking and want here. GOOD JOB, MORE PLEASE.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 8:59am On Jul 10, 2013
saengine:

They can be firing at each other on the moon for all I care, point is we out-range you. Picture was connected to agaugust saying Nigeria's artillery will roast SA's.

Out range us ... firing from your nothern-most borders with Namibia or "floating" it from a ship and firing from the middle of the Atlantic? You must be kidding yourself by out-ranging and outraging yourselves for nothing. Facts are stubborn and have been provided several times against your claims. This thread is actually a military and war archive for war planners to study and learn from.

Of course you can outrange your next door neighbours.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:59am On Jul 10, 2013
Donian007: Listen to yourself! So you have documents and records of the total number of soldiers Nigeria currently have and those deployed then you now assume our military has been overstretched and won't be able to defend the nation? And who is the enemy, South Africa? Keep dreaming in your SAn hut. I have been reading all posts here and just couldn't but smile through them, even somepeople are having headaches and heartaches that the Nigerian President wears military colours, they even want us to change our constitution to that effect and after my comrades and compatriots brush them off their pain they come up with yet another theme, circling around Nigeria's division which they believe is centred on some insurgent groups, but it is imcomprehensible in this whole debacle their apple interest in the Nigerian State of Affairs. Indeed, ignorant infested minds can never gain knowledge. Now about division. In the hot days of the militancy, our brothers at bakassi could not take it anymore and decided to bite the camerounian forces seeing that their own soldiers are held up with rules of engagement, they attacked the camerounians and killed them, but Biya never understood what transpired so he accused the Nigerian forces. Do you also know that OPC, a yoruba union have once pleaded with the federal government to permit them to engage boko haram? Even the delta militants that once threatened to wipeout Islamic structures in the south voluntarily withdrew? The war is Boko haram vs Nigeria, and the people whom the west and their propaganda painted to be having distrust for the military are thesame people standing up for the whole nation, pursueing and arresting their rebellious brothers and fathers because they believe in the unity of motherland. You can sit in your hut and conclude we are divided but never hurt us else you'll have yourself to blame because every Nigerian bears in mind that home is motherland and motherland is the only home.
I was hoping,to hear something about military not this insults. YES,I'm from South Africa and I don't stay in a hut. If you ever come to SA I can invite you over so you could collapse of envy village boy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Out range us ... firing from your nothern-most borders with Namibia or "floating" it from a ship and firing from the middle of the Atlantic? You must be kidding yourself by out-ranging and outraging yourselves for nothing. Facts are stubborn and have been provided several times against your claims. This thread is actually a military and war archive for war planners to study and learn from.

Of course you can outrange your next door neighbours.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. If Nigeria and SA were ever to go to war, whether you come via land to SA or we come via land to Nigeria, artillery systems will be used. And there is currently nothing Nigeria has with that range. Our shells can land 75km from where we fire them, yours cannot.

If you have any artillery in that range, you can gladly post it. Our 105mm and 155mm guns out-class yours, simple.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:12am On Jul 10, 2013
agaugust:

go to page 115, page 103, and page 280 of this thread, and educate yourself. nigerian military is NOT an obsolete force, it is your knowledge that is very out-dated. also list south african artillery force side by side with nigeria, and get roasted in the process. thank you.

dont make my 'Bat' stand upright, its hibernating head down for a few more days. nigeria has capacity to invade south africa with 10 battalions of mechanized troops, but south africa CANNOT invade nigeria.

Let's be realistic Nigeria doesn't a massive air lift capability,with less than 10 C130s around 6 operational or massive sea lift capability which would be risky with super evasive SAS submarines around. All sub-Saharan countries have obsolete main battle tanks like T-55 and T-72,which SA can easily destroy with the Ratel ZT3 or Rooikat. Any attempt by Nigeria to establish an air field to provide air power to their troops can be taken out by a cruise missile or the GV6.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Let's be realistic Nigeria doesn't a massive air lift capability,with less than 10 C130s around 6 operational or massive sea lift capability which would be risky with super evasive SAS submarines around. All sub-Saharan countries have obsolete main battle tanks like T-55 and T-72,which SA can easily destroy with the Ratel ZT3 or Rooikat. Any attempt by Nigeria to establish an air field to provide air power to their troops can be taken out by a cruise missile or the GV6.

We will only engage an aggressor enemy ... otherwise all we'll see is a war of words. Make the move if and when SANDF can!

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.