Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4439104 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2013
The Boko Haram that CraigB and rookie Mike..ZA love to drool about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23245702
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 9:23am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:
I was hoping,to hear something about military not this insults. YES,I'm from South Africa and I don't stay in a hut. If you ever come to SA I can invite you over so you could collapse of envy village boy.
First you can't debunk the facts and points made in that post as I relieved you a bit of your ignorance so you show me the insult card. SA is not a country I haven't been to and I know where your huts are, who knows you might realy be in a hut since you think it's an insult. Drop the emotional rigalia mehn and cry me a river! And I more thing, I'm not a juvenile.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 9:29am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Feel free to set a stage! We'll intelligently meet you anywhere.

Why does it matter where it fires from. It out ranges everything, highly accurate, good rate of fire.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:31am On Jul 10, 2013
Henry120:

SAM = we've got ours
IFV. = we've got ours (PF3)
Attack helicopters = we make components for our MI-35P's

All of the above, links and photos had earlier been provided.

Of the 9 listed, we got 3, and we import the rest. However in numbers, we have 3 times the numbers in some areas above south africa.

If a conflict between nigeria and south africa, were to ensue today, we would defeat you. you lack the man-power or industry to churn out your heavy equipments in the quantity required, while nigeria already has more.

*We got more attack and utility helos than you.
*radar system, nigeria is fully covered
*mraps, I'll give it to you.
Nigeria is making copies of those old MIL MI-35 components no upgrades,only South Africa is capable of upgrading helos in Africa as we did so with Algeria. When it comes to MRAPS and IFVs South Africa is in its own league alone we have vehicles like Casspirs,Mamba,Marauda,Iklwa,Mbombe and the RG41. Do you remember when the SADF destroyed. Around 50 T-55 tanks,with the loss of 5 Olifants tanks(which are obsolete now),I'm saying this to prove that numbers don't win wars. Russian helos(MI series attack helos to be on point) have a massive infrared signal,any heat seeking missile can take them out.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:34am On Jul 10, 2013
Donian007: First you can't debunk the facts and points made in that post as I relieved you a bit of your ignorance so you show me the insult card. SA is not a country I haven't been to and I know where your huts are, who knows you might realy be in a hut since you think it's an insult. Drop the emotional rigalia mehn and cry me a river! And I more thing, I'm not a juvenile.
Did you know 60% of Nigerian live under the poverty line?,so let's us not talk about infrastructure(huts and stuff). Tell me something solid about your armed forces.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2013
Donian007: First you can't debunk the facts and points made in that post as I relieved you a bit of your ignorance so you show me the insult card. SA is not a country I haven't been to and I know where your huts are, who knows you might realy be in a hut since you think it's an insult. Drop the emotional rigalia mehn and cry me a river! And I more thing, I'm not a juvenile.
Did you know 60% of Nigerian live under the poverty line?,so let's us not talk about infrastructure(huts and stuff). Tell me something solid about your armed forces.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:39am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

We will only engage an aggressor enemy ... otherwise all we'll see is a war of words. Make the move if and when SANDF can!
War between Nigeria and South Africa is highly impossible,so what we are doing here is debate the capabilities of both countries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:
OK here's my list of your obsolete weapons. A. ARTILLERY 1.FH-77 155mm towed howitzer 2.OTO melera 56. 3. 130mm towed field gun M1954 4. B. TANKS 1.T-55 2.T-72 C. APCs 1.Panhard AML 2. FOX armoured recc vehicle. 3.BTR-6BB D. AIR FORCE 1. Chengdu J-7 2.MIL MI-35 hind 3MBB BO 105 E. NAVY 1. NNS thunder (F90)....Other: panhard M3

Ok, good.

Artillery. FH-77 155mm howitzer = with a range of 27km, you seriously must be joking. Still in use and in service.

Oto melera 56.3 = served us well in liberia, and still in service.

T-55= only used at NDA(nigerian defence academy). Withdrawn from active service. Nigeria operates the VICKERS M3 and upgraded T-72's as our main MBT's, and the scorpion light tank as troop support in FIBUA operations.

Panhard AML, also used by south africa as (eland MK7). Panhard AML virtually replaced by the otokar cobra, panhard VBL (and other variants), nigerian made PF3 and the nigerian army's own igirigi.

Same thing goes for the fox. replaced by the otokar cobra, panhard VBL (and other variants), nigerian made PF3 and the nigerian army's own igirigi.

BTR-6BB, withdrawn from service and retired.

Airforce

F-7ni, bought in 2005 as a stop gap measure. A 3.5 generation fighter plane, still in active service.

12 L-15 falcon paid for and awaiting delivery.

MI-35p aka flying tank. The helicopter killer.
1 billion times better than the south african made rooivalk, plus we got 2 times your number.

Mbb bo, since retired from service and never flown. Replaced by 12 militarised versions of the augusta LUH.

Navy, NNS thunder.
2 million dollars weapons up-grade done on that ship. NNS thunder currently used in anti-piracy operations.

Nigeria has 5 corvettes in active service.
2 type 056 chinese light frigates already purchased.
2 light frigates to be built by india's pipavav dockyard. With the possibility of 2 more. ( Reported by defenceweb.co.za)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2013
Henry120:

SAM = we've got ours
IFV. = we've got ours (PF3)
Attack helicopters = we make components for our MI-35P's

All of the above, links and photos had earlier been provided.

Of the 9 listed, we got 3, and we import the rest. However in numbers, we have 3 times the numbers in some areas above south africa.

If a conflict between nigeria and south africa, were to ensue today, we would defeat you. you lack the man-power or industry to churn out your heavy equipments in the quantity required, while nigeria already has more.

*We got more attack and utility helos than you.
*radar system, nigeria is fully covered
*mraps, I'll give it to you.

What sam sytem does nigeria build. Never mind devlope
Nigeria has only 40ish IFV they are the BTR3
Nigeria make spare parts. SA is the only certfied place in africa to over haul
C130s
Mi17(witch we all so upgrade)
Mi24(witch we all so upgrade)

No you got more hinds(thencal assult not attack) but lift helcopters are still in SA faver
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:49am On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Funny chap! Are you alive on planet earth? You'll meet your waterloo if you think Ghana would be a forward base? ECOWAS is not SADC. Keep mocking your poor sense of military knowledge and continental politics. Even your kin Mr. AndrewZA will be shaking his head reading your juvenile comments.
I don't see you posting any "wise military comments",ECOWAS is that regional bloc which sat and watched Mali's towns fall to rebels hands?,How long did it take "mighty ECOWAS" to put together a peacekeeping force for Mali?,challenge me on a different topic please or say something like "Nigerian armed forces abuse their citizens,some are fleeing to neighbouring countries"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 10:03am On Jul 10, 2013
Henry120:

Ok, good.

Artillery. FH-77 155mm howitzer = with a range of 27km, you seriously must be joking. Still in use and in service.

Oto melera 56.3 = served us well in liberia, and still in service.

T-55= only used at NDA(nigerian defence academy). Withdrawn from active service. Nigeria operates the VICKERS M3 and upgraded T-72's as our main MBT's, and the scorpion light tank as troop support in FIBUA operations.

Panhard AML, also used by south africa as (eland MK7). Panhard AML virtually replaced by the otokar cobra, panhard VBL (and other variants), nigerian made PF3 and the nigerian army's own igirigi.

Same thing goes for the fox. replaced by the otokar cobra, panhard VBL (and other variants), nigerian made PF3 and the nigerian army's own igirigi.

BTR-6BB, withdrawn from service and retired.

Airforce

F-7ni, bought in 2005 as a stop gap measure. A 3.5 generation fighter plane, still in active service.

12 L-15 falcon paid for and awaiting delivery.

MI-35p aka flying tank. The helicopter killer.
1 billion times better than the south african made rooivalk, plus we got 2 times your number.

Mbb bo, since retired from service and never flown. Replaced by 12 militarised versions of the augusta LUH.

Navy, NNS thunder.
2 million dollars weapons up-grade done on that ship. NNS thunder currently used in anti-piracy operations.

Nigeria has 5 corvettes in active service.
2 type 056 chinese light frigates already purchased.
2 light frigates to be built by india's pipavav dockyard. With the possibility of 2 more. ( Reported by defenceweb.co.za)

The FH-77 and oto melare are both out classef by the G7 never mind G5

The vickers is a odd ball. Only 2 users both african. It a good meduim tank and it weight is good for african infustructer. Armour is not enough to stop the rooikat 76 the T72 is ok but even the best version (T90 yes a T90 is just a T72 with a T80 fire control and sub sytems. The best russian tank is the black eagel or a heavly modfied T80UD) is out claased by the olfant MK2 it terms of fire control and protecstion.

The eland MK7 were replaced by the rooikat. Though there are calls to bring a few back since they can fit in a C130. Somthing the heavier eland can not do. The eland is still usefull.

Even the supper hind of algeria is not better than a rooivalk. And we know this. SAAF has 1 hind and knows all about it.

They OPVs not light frigats.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:

You are so new on this thread and do not realise that we've in the past been through all of your recyled material. We know how nasty it became when we began to expose your ugly behinds! We know your true statistics!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 10:28am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:
I don't see you posting any "wise military comments",ECOWAS is that regional bloc which sat and watched Mali's towns fall to rebels hands?,How long did it take "mighty ECOWAS" to put together a peacekeeping force for Mali?,challenge me on a different topic please or say something like "Nigerian armed forces abuse their citizens,some are fleeing to neighbouring countries"

I only see you posting juvenile comments - more of the same type that we have seen over and over again. ECOWAS is a more responsive body than the spineless SADC that talks 110% and acts 0%. Don't come here with your loud mouth tendencies - Julius Malema decendant. When you cannot make a cogent point you descend to foaming from the mouth about claims you are uninformed about. Well ... your SANDF met their WATERLOO in CAR. Your SANDF soldiers have been ra.ping and sexually molesting the poor helpless women in DRC. Only in SA do policemen drag a foreigner along the streets from the back of a van ... we could go on and on!

You are not the first and I don't seen you being the last. DRC is a recurring decimal for SADC and your SANDF. Your 33% matriculation result is a problem for you and your kin!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 10:28am On Jul 10, 2013
here we go again, SANDF is not denel dynamics,denel dynamics produces weapons for the local industry in SA and for export,SANDF does not have Equipment,manpower and training.Stop comparing denel weapons with NAF. compare SANDF with NAF. For example concerning artilery read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_Army_Artillery_Formation

extract:Due to a shortage of regular infantry, both 4 Artillery Regiment and 10 Air Defence Regiment have recently[when?] provided gunners deployed in their secondary role as line infantry in the central African region on peacekeeping duties.
also read
http://mg.co.za/article/2012-05-04-lack-of-funds-leaves-sa-vulnerable

talk about being overstrectched: http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/387/80709.html
extract: South Africa has an estimated 1600 troops in the Sudan and Democratic Republic of Congo on UN peacekeeping missions.It has 1600 troops deployed along the borders."We are seriously overstretched," Masondo said.

and i have posted previous info about SANDF.
Again SANDF is not Denel dynamics,just cause the company produces weapons does not mean SANDF have them.If a war breaks out Denel will need time to produce weapons(if their factories aint bombed).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 10:31am On Jul 10, 2013
zaandrew:

What sam sytem does nigeria build. Never mind devlope
Nigeria has only 40ish IFV they are the BTR3
Nigeria make spare parts. SA is the only certfied place in africa to over haul
C130s
Mi17(witch we all so upgrade)
Mi24(witch we all so upgrade)

No you got more hinds(thencal assult not attack) but lift helcopters are still in SA faver

You overhaul C130s in SA yet SANDF spends several hundreds of millions airlifting men and hardware to missions in Africa?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2013
Mike..ZA:
You came late!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
drag_on: here we go again, SANDF is not denel dynamics,denel dynamics produces weapons for the local industry in SA and for export,SANDF does not have Equipment,manpower and training.Stop comparing denel weapons with NAF. compare SANDF with NAF. For example concerning artilery read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_Army_Artillery_Formation

extract:Due to a shortage of regular infantry, both 4 Artillery Regiment and 10 Air Defence Regiment have recently[when?] provided gunners deployed in their secondary role as line infantry in the central African region on peacekeeping duties.
also read
http://mg.co.za/article/2012-05-04-lack-of-funds-leaves-sa-vulnerable

talk about being overstrectched: http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/387/80709.html
extract: South Africa has an estimated 1600 troops in the Sudan and Democratic Republic of Congo on UN peacekeeping missions.It has 1600 troops deployed along the borders."We are seriously overstretched," Masondo said.

and i have posted previous info about SANDF.
Again SANDF is not Denel dynamics,just cause the company produces weapons does not mean SANDF have them.If a war breaks out Denel will need time to produce weapons(if their factories aint bombed).

There is nothing there that I have not menstioned.

The sandf is short about 10 to 15 thousand. This can be corrected in 2 years once the order is given. And the nigerian army is at most doubl the SA army. Even though your populastion is 3 times biger than ours.

We under funded 2billion USD. I have menstioned this before. It still about 2 billion bigger than nigeria.

60% of the SANDF budget is spent on defense. It 80% in nigeria(will find the aurhor of the report if you want it)

You posted a wright up from wikpeada including the quear of it truth. There is no source to back up that non infantry units did any such thing.

Wikpeada is not a source.

Denel is the states arems company.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
EOD

5 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

You overhaul C130s in SA yet SANDF spends several hundreds of millions airlifting men and hardware to missions in Africa?

C130 is medium lift. No african country has heavyift.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
zaandrew:

C130 is medium lift. No african country has heavyift.

Nigeria has 3 stretch variants. No african country has.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
@zaandrew yes wiki is not a source that is why i gave a collaborating source that shows sandf is short on training and manpower to require redeployment from artillery to infantry. your army is ill,short on numbers,poorly equiped cannot maintain its equipment (e.g. griffens) or train its personnel,again your fighter pilots dont have enough flight time to be air-worthy.The navy can barely go to sea and you have too high generals to soldier ratio.
THE SANDF is a midget compared to SADF and is below NA.It is easy to increase numbers but if you cant train and equip a few how can you when they are more?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
zaandrew:

Really witch one do we lack.
you don't have the funds or the equipments to carry out some major wars likewise Nigeria.
Your soldiers are not that well-trained and are very indisciplined and you don't even have enough men.
The few well trained ones are been poached by other countries.
The morals of your soldiers have been battered by that CAR operation.
Your army is already being weakened by the "soldiers union" who are most of the time responsible for the division and strife in your army.
And lastly,your generals are cretins.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:
your SANDF met their WATERLOO in CAR. Your SANDF soldiers have been ra.ping and sexually molesting the poor helpless women in DRC. Only in SA do policemen drag a foreigner along the streets from the back of a van ... we could go on and on!

You are not the first and I don't seen you being the last. DRC is a recurring decimal for SADC and your SANDF. Your 33% matriculation result is a problem for you and your kin!

Waterloo? More our black hawk down moument. We made the same mistakes. To light a force, under estermait the enemy and no way of providing timly support.

There where 93cases since the start of the mission in DRC of those only 15 convecstion of those only one was rape. Most of the sexual omce are to do with prostuitsion. It a big problem in the DRC.

Yes but nigerian cops are not the much to speak about. And in SA the cops are punished.

You guys still don't under stand the 33%. You will fail if any core subject is that low.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
solomon111: you don't have the funds or the equipments to carry out some major wars likewise Nigeria.
Your soldiers are not that well-trained and are very indisciplined and you don't even have enough men.
The few well trained ones are been poached by other countries.
The morals of your soldiers have been battered by that CAR operation.
Your army is already being weakened by the "soldiers union" who are most of the time responsible for the division and strife in your army.
And lastly,your generals are cretins.

We do. Sa is not at war so has no need to spend that much. But our total state budget dwafs nigeria.

They better trained than any other african army. Including nigeria(this is from people I know who were in sudan and saw our nigerian solders are. Your guys did not even have a daily stand to exersize or follow proper protcals) as for disspline we far from bad. Numbers are about 10 to 15 thousand to few.

Like what countries. I know of only a few peolpe that leave to go to other countries. And they not all ways the best. And they not pouched.

Moral is far from batterd. Yes we sufferd losses but we all so put up one hell of a fight and showed when push comes to shuve we push harder.

The union serve a purpose to to prevent unconstuinal acstions. They do more good than harm. And germany all so has a defense union.

Show proof of this cliam.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
Henry120:

Nigeria has 3 stretch variants. No african country has.

You can strech it all you want it still meduime lift.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
drag_on: @zaandrew yes wiki is not a source that is why i gave a collaborating source that shows sandf is short on training and manpower to require redeployment from artillery to infantry. your army is ill,short on numbers,poorly equiped cannot maintain its equipment (e.g. griffens) or train its personnel,again your fighter pilots dont have enough flight time to be air-worthy.The navy can barely go to sea and you have too high generals to soldier ratio.
THE SANDF is a midget compared to SADF and is below NA.It is easy to increase numbers but if you cant train and equip a few how can you when they are more?

I never saw that menstioned in the source.

The thing is you fail to see our benchmark. They not comparing it to african(aka nigerian stadards) nut to American and western europe. We still better off than any african country. Just think if we struggel with our budget how is nigeria copeing with a even smaller budget. It seems nigerian like going around say "all is well!" Well the city is buring around them. We have to few I IFV. But we still have around 600 in servis. Nigeria has around 40. That just one exampil.

Navy barly go to sea? We have had 5 diffrent ships at sea in the last 3 weeks. 2 of them frigats. So in 3 weeks we sailed half our frigats and one is in dry dock. So barly able to go to see my ass.

At best the NA is 100 000 SA army 40 000 with around 10 000 reserve forces. How wil NA increase it numbers. Remember if you say just train more that mean a budget increase. Somthing SA can do.

If you had actually read the artical you would see what it was about. The goverment wants to increase the defense budget but needs support to do this. Hence the defence review. If you want you could even read the defence review. Right now the SANDF budget is set from the old 1998 poilcie. That has the SANDF not do any external operastions at all and close down many branches. But the reality is difrent.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
zaandrew:

Waterloo? More our black hawk down moument. We made the same mistakes. To light a force, under estermait the enemy and no way of providing timly support.

There where 93cases since the start of the mission in DRC of those only 15 convecstion of those only one was rape. Most of the sexual omce are to do with prostuitsion. It a big problem in the DRC.

Yes but nigerian cops are not the much to speak about. And in SA the cops are punished.

You guys still don't under stand the 33%. You will fail if any core subject is that low.

Prostitution is a big problem everywhere in the world. Did anyone force your SANDF troops to zip down? Most likely they patronised and refused to pay ... molestation and ra.pe is SA big problem. And your troops exported the trend to the DRC. Nigerian cops will never be as inhuman as your SAPS. What don't we understand about the 33% pass mark for matriculation exams?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
artillery guns do not get obsolete easily like jet fighters, they only have one job, target the enemy position and rain down shells on him. america, russia, china, india and NATO/europe are still operating the same artillery guns nigeria is using, many dated since about year 1980 till 2005.

when we are talking about artillery guns in africa, south africa should shut up ! who told you that artillery exchange combat are usually fought from long ranges 30km to 75km apart ? armies contest for land territory and always close-in on each other in engagement to capture territory.

show us war history where one country won artillery vs artillery combat because his guns have longer range. show us a source to prove that.

no army sits down and receives artillery shells on its head, if you have longer range, the enemy will bridge the gap and close in on you. that is why mobile artillery are built to run like a car on the land and in 20 minutes it closes the gap to hit you back. if you want to maintain range advantage you have to keep running backwards and then you are retreating, the enemy is capturing all the land in front of you and your army is losing the war already !

you south africans only copy and paste data, you dont know how real war operates.

why does great america, one of the most war experienced countries of the world build its year 1994 to 2002 purchased new modern Paladin mobile artillery gun with the same range of 24km/30km as nigerian army palmaria mobile artillery guns ? its because they know that the usual war distance between armies fighting is within that range, not the 75km apart that your south african GV6 gun is dreaming of. what was the distance between south african army in CAR and Seleka rebels ? were you 75km away ? Seleka captured the land, south africa ran away. would south africa have uses artillery on Seleka rebels already looking at you eye to eye from about 3km away when they were approaching you ?

only south africa is making noise about its 75km GV6 artillery range, why did the whole world not rush to buy the gun from DENEL in thousands since 1987 till now ? only about 150 units of the gun has been sold in 25 years to only 3 countries. all armies of the world know that in real land war that excess range is useless, no enemy will sit down that far away from you.

also, how do you know what target you are hitting from 75km away, you have no way of seeing the enemy positions in another end of the town. you just waste your artillery shells hitting a cassava farm land. the enemy is mobile, evasive and too far away.

how many artillery guns does south africa have ? about 43 of the long range GV6 to defend your huge country land of about 1.3 million sq km, south african army has a great shortage of artillery firepower, the worst among the top 5 military nations of africa, you are the worst in artillery firpower.

south african artillery guns total about 120 units

nigerian artillery guns total about 660 units

firepower of nigerian artillery gun is over 5 times that of south african artillery guns, nigerian army will totally wipe out south africa army in an artillery combat

mighty palmaria mobile artillery gun of nigerian army

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
i dont want to jump into middle or tail end of these issues and posts. i am going to start from page 465 and pick out meaningful posts and reply one by one, i dont care if it takes me days from now till weekend. you south africa guys just post comments anyhow.

please stop writing nonsense military comments that numbers dont matter in war. why did american army run away from chinese army in korean war ? why did south african army complain that seleka out-numbered them so they ran away to hide under french army at the airport ?

if you go to war with this your F00lish mentality that is opposite of standard military priciples of combat, you will be returned home to your wives and children in body bags.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
agaugust: Palmaria mobile artillery gun

artillery guns do not get obsolete easily like jet fighters, they only have one job, target the enemy position and rain down shells on him. america, russia, china, india and NATO/europe are still operating the same artillery guns nigeria is using, many dated since about year 1980 till 2005.

when we are talking about artillery guns in africa, south africa should shut up ! who told you that artillery exchange combat are usually fought from long ranges 30km to 75km apart ? armies contest for land territory and always close-in on each other in engagement to capture territory.

show us war history where one country won artillery vs artillery combat because his guns have longer range. show us a source to prove that.

no army sits down and receives artillery shells on its head, if you have longer range, the enemy will bridge the gap and close in on you. that is why mobile artillery are built to run like a car on the land and in 20 minutes it closes the gap to hit you back. if you want to maintain range advantage you have to keep running backwards and then you are retreating, the enemy is capturing all the land in front of you and your army is losing the war already !

you south africans only copy and paste data, you dont know how real war operates.

why does great america, one of the most war experienced countries of the world build its year 1994 to 2002 purchased new modern Paladin mobile artillery gun with the same range of 24km/30km as nigerian army palmaria mobile artillery guns ? its because they know that the usual war distance between armies fighting is within that range, not the 75km apart that your south african GV6 gun is dreaming of. what was the distance between south african army in CAR and Seleka rebels ? were you 75km away ? Seleka captured the land, south africa ran away. would south africa have uses artillery on Seleka rebels already looking at you eye to eye from about 3km away when they were approaching you ?

only south africa is making noise about its 75km GV6 artillery range, why did the whole world not rush to buy the gun from DENEL in thousands since 1987 till now ? only about 150 units of the gun has been sold in 25 years to only 3 countries. all armies of the world know that in real land war that excess range is useless, no enemy will sit down that far away from you.

also, how do you know what target you are hitting from 75km away, you have no way of seeing the enemy positions in another end of the town. you just waste your artillery shells hitting a cassava farm land. the enemy is mobile, evasive and too far away.

how many artillery guns does south africa have ? about 43 of the long range GV6 to defend your huge country land of about 1.3 million sq km, south african army has a great shortage of artillery firepower, the worst among the top 5 military nations of africa, you are the worst in artillery firpower.

south african artillery guns total about 120 units

nigerian artillery guns total about 660 units

firepower of nigerian artillery gun is over 5 times that of south african artillery guns, nigerian army will totally wipe out south africa army in an artillery combat

those who no nothing aka you should please not talk.

you really thing the advance is that easy. what if you advance gets stoped by say the enemy, now what. the side with the longer range guns will be able to shell the enemy, shell the enmey artlary and remian out of range of counter battary fire.

has for when it has hapend. well it hapend in angola first cuban guns out ranged our guns so we could not shoot back, then it was reverserd. all so vietnam were nva guns would out range most of the amercan guns letting them shell a Forward Firing Base.

once again you show your complet lake of knowlege on the subgect.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
zaandrew:

There is nothing there that I have not menstioned.

[b]The sandf is short about 10 to 15 thousand. This can be corrected in 2 years once the order is given. And the nigerian army is at most doubl the SA army. [/b]Even though your populastion is 3 times biger than ours.

We under funded 2billion USD. I have menstioned this before. It still about 2 billion bigger than nigeria.

60% of the SANDF budget is spent on defense. It 80% in nigeria(will find the aurhor of the report if you want it)

You posted a wright up from wikpeada including the quear of it truth. There is no source to back up that non infantry units did any such thing.

Wikpeada is not a source.

Denel is the states arems company.

As you can see it is you that said that you country can increase your army,and i said if you cant train a small army now what makes you think you can train and equip a larger army?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
zaandrew: those who no nothing aka you should please not talk.

you really thing the advance is that easy. what if you advance gets stoped by say the enemy, now what. the side with the longer range guns will be able to shell the enemy, shell the enmey artlary and remian out of range of counter battary fire.

has for when it has hapend. well it hapend in angola first cuban guns out ranged our guns so we could not shoot back, then it was reverserd. all so vietnam were nva guns would out range most of the amercan guns letting them shell a Forward Firing Base.

once again you show your complet lake of knowlege on the subgect.

post source of your claims and dont throw your minds imagination into our faces. post a source of those battles to prove exactly, your claims.

america and europe are NOT building any artillery of south african 75km range because it is a useless combat distance that wont win you a war.

south african army could not close-in on cuban army because you are cowards and did not want to die, all you wanted was to prevent cuba from entering south africa. your poor combat history is at work there again.

south african army did not charge forward and use your doctrine of mobility to assault the cuban enemy and engage in close range hand to hand combat. that is what an army is expected to do.

in the bush war, both south africa and cuba were a bunch of military dummies to laugh at. go see how nigeria and biafra close-in on each other for combat, biafra moved out of their territory and invaded nigeria and got to ore town heading for lagos reaching just 2 hours away from nigeria's capital city, before nigerian army counter attacked and made one of the bloodiest land battles in african history called "Oleku Ija Ore". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ore

any army that does not want to advance towards the enemy and die in the process....is NOT an army.

stop posting things with no source, i am tired of it. dont be lazy. stop forcing your private ideas into our eyes. get sources to prove your claims.

when south africa got a better artillery range than cuba with your 75km GV6 guns, why did you not win the war with range advantage ?

nigerian army artillery firepower is 5 times more than south africa's. we will roast and barbecue your weak army. period.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.