Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,328 members, 7,860,810 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464690 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:00am On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

So you telling me that every singel nigerian solder can calclate bulliet drop, the addect of wind over extrem distances, the affect of the curveture of the earth, the construcston of a hide, how to survive in 2 to 6 man groups deep behind enemy lines for days with out support extra extra. Because if you saying that then you saying your basic solder is better trained than the US rangers.

Aka you should stop embarsing your self.

let me just shut you up with a profile of one of our ex army sniper . Enjoy

I am a discharged Soldier from the
Nigerian Army, I have attended basic and
advance sniper course in the Nigerian
Army School of infantry, I am the first and
only advance sniper in the history of
Nigerian Army Corps Military Police, youngest advance sniper, youngest season
firer at championship and professional
level; I am a sniper that can produce highly
qualified snipers at any given time and I
have obtained the standard required in the
military as a reputable military police sniper instructor. I discharged voluntarily
from the Nigerian Army because I want a
better place where I can make the best use
of my skills and qualities for the good of
mankind and humanity.
http://ng.linkedin.com/pub/david-ehizojie/75/748/a8a

maybe not all soldiers but we've been training more than enough snipers long before you even knew about Nigeria and it is not considered a special skill but a necessary one. That's how our army operates. Fact

we are not US, we are Nigerians and our military training is not the same. We only share experience. That's what the world and gullible people like you need to understand.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:02am On Sep 02, 2013
Henry120:

The tanzanian Special forces use a special forces dedicated rifle. The micro galil ACE is short and compact. That is what a special forces soldier needs for the sort of mission he would carry out.

Take nigeria for example, the navy's special boat service unit use a compact TAR-21, a CTAR-21, dedicated special forces rifle. The same thing for the army's special forces unit. While the ground troops of the airforce deployed to mali were all armed with the standard version of the TAR-21. Different missions require different gears to prosecute them.

The tanzanian choice of the compact galil ACE is a fantastic choice. While regular tanzanian troops are armed with AK-47's or it's chinese variant.

That is it the Galil ACE. In SA that is the R6.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 02, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Tanzanian special forces are using Denel made rifle. Even Rwanda was threatening DRC with massive movement of Ratels.

That rifle is isreali made and not south african. That's a compact GALIL ACE.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 02, 2013
Capnd143: i have been following you guys quite a while and also refusing to comment, but it seems the guy that talk about the "special boat service" name is a sociopath,pyschopath, disgruntled homo sapien, and most certainly an irrelevant mutant! The name Special boat service was Culled and suggested by the brits! The Uk naval special special forces are also called 'SBS' thus the Brits suggested the name to nigerian navy ranks since the were responsible for the initial startup training of the commando unit, the unit was co-trained by UK'S SBS AND US'S SEAL S so all the argument brought forward by that disgruntled follow is rendered void and doesnt hold water, completely baseless and lacks substancial intellectual backing. . .

This is a brilliant post.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2013
Msauza: Currently there are only four countries in the world who managed to take out target at over 2Km away with a confirmed snypers killer shot and they are;

1. UK
2. US
3. South Africa, and
4. Canada

There is also one unconfirmed case in Australia and where is Nigeria? Nah!! I am just asking.

your fake sniper that was proved to be fake by your own military? Keep dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2013
Msauza:

You had snypers but not advanced trained snypers who could take the target from over 2Km away. Any snyper with such a skill are one of the few and many forces to date are still struggling to produce such a capability.

By the way which kind of snyper weapons do you use in Nigeria? Don't ever tell me its a secret again.

Nigeria's main sniper rifles are the austrian made SSG-69 and the sniper rifle shown by auguagust( I can't recall the name).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2013
2smooth2shout:

let me just shut you up with a profile of one of our ex army sniper . Enjoy

I am a discharged Soldier from the
Nigerian Army, I have attended basic and
advance sniper course in the Nigerian
Army School of infantry, I am the first and
only advance sniper in the history of
Nigerian Army Corps Military Police, youngest advance sniper, youngest season
firer at championship and professional
level; I am a sniper that can produce highly
qualified snipers at any given time and I
have obtained the standard required in the
military as a reputable military police sniper instructor. I discharged voluntarily
from the Nigerian Army because I want a
better place where I can make the best use
of my skills and qualities for the good of
mankind and humanity.
http://ng.linkedin.com/pub/david-ehizojie/75/748/a8a

maybe not all soldiers but we've been training more than enough snipers long before you even knew about Nigeria and it is not considered a special skill but a necessary one. That's how our army operates. Fact

we are not US, we are Nigerians and our military training is not the same. We only share experience. That's what the world and gullible people like you need to understand.

The point made was that every nigerian solder was trained to be a sniper. That is a lie. Wether you had snipers is not my concern and your doctrain on the use of snipers is your doctrain. But when a sniper is part of a regualer squade useing a semie auto scoped DMR he is not a sniper but a markesmen.

Not all snipers in SA are speciol forces (though speciol forces are snipers) I know of a parabat that is a sniper has in I am a freind of his brother.

The orbit of battel for a SA infantry battlion calls for a squade of snipers. They fall under the battlion HQ but are normaly divided among the platoons like the 60mm mortas and AT guys. These snipers would use the R1 sniper.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:13am On Sep 02, 2013
Msauza:

That is confirmed my frendo, I have even saw it on BBC news

this your gbagaun answer sef proves it to be a lie..lol

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:14am On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

It tells me that you told a big lie.

Actually, SA was even robbed of that title because in accordance with the BBC correspondent in Congo DR the distance from where the snypers where positioned to where one officer was knocked was quite more than 2.2Km which could be close to 2.5km.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:15am On Sep 02, 2013
Henry120:

Nigeria's main sniper rifles are the austrian made SSG-69 and the sniper rifle shown by auguagust( I can't recall the name).

The SSG is a nice rifel. SA spec ops use it to though the accuracy internastional is a better rifel.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:16am On Sep 02, 2013
2smooth2shout:

your fake sniper that was proved to be fake by your own military? Keep dreaming.

No. You just have poor comprension skills and read only the quotes you want to.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:18am On Sep 02, 2013
Henry120:

That rifle is isreali made and not south african. That's a compact GALIL ACE.

thanks for the correction. I mistook it to be chinese. But i know it's not SA
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:26am On Sep 02, 2013
2smooth2shout:

this your gbagaun answer sef proves it to be a lie..lol

You can cry as harder as you want to without facts. The whole world from South America, North America, Europe, Asia, Ocenia to Africa know that the Denel's made snyper weapon has made history that day. It is a much talked about incident in South Africa and been all over the local and international news. Well done our pride of the lions!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:28am On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

The point made was that every nigerian solder was trained to be a sniper. That is a lie. Wether you had snipers is not my concern and your doctrain on the use of snipers is your doctrain. But when a sniper is part of a regualer squade useing a semie auto scoped DMR he is not a sniper but a markesmen.

Not all snipers in SA are speciol forces (though speciol forces are snipers) I know of a parabat that is a sniper has in I am a freind of his brother.

The orbit of battel for a SA infantry battlion calls for a squade of snipers. They fall under the battlion HQ but are normaly divided among the platoons like the 60mm mortas and AT guys. These snipers would use the R1 sniper.

maybe i exergerated a little.(apologies) but you get the point. NA is not short of professional snipers capable of hitting long range targets.

The guy's profile i posted proves it. Snipers competition involves hitting long range targets aquisition.

And your unknown sniper kill in DRC has been proven to be false by your own military.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2013
Msauza:

Actually, SA was even robbed of that title because in accordance with the BBC correspondent in Congo DR the distance from where the snypers where positioned to where one officer was knocked was quite more than 2.2Km which could be close to 2.5km.

liar.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 11:34am On Sep 02, 2013
Msauza:

That is just a medium range snyper rifle, hence is only accurate at closer distance of 300-500m. That cannot take out the target standing at over 2.5Km away.

how do we take this your post to be accurate when you can't even name the rifle?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:53am On Sep 02, 2013
2smooth2shout:

maybe i exergerated a little.(apologies) but you get the point. NA is not short of professional snipers capable of hitting long range targets.

The guy's profile i posted proves it. Snipers competition involves hitting long range targets aquisition.

And your unknown sniper kill in DRC has been proven to be false by your own military.

Thank you for admiting you were wrong.

I never said you did not have snipers.

And no they only said we did not provide snipers but a battlion. And that any farther qustions must be directed to them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:59am On Sep 02, 2013
The Denel NTW-20 is very dangerous and its primary use was to shoot at small explosives so tiny as a finger from far safe distances. It is 100% accurate and now imagine if you were about to be shot with that gun from long range, that gun will explode your skull in half. Its operators are regularly trained to sharpen their skills and some of them even hit targets of over 3Km away during practice.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

Thank you for admiting you were wrong.

I never said you did not have snipers.

And no they only said we did not provide snipers but a battlion. And that any farther qustions must be directed to them.

but he clearly stated that the sniper kill is false. So what else are you arguing
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
2smooth2shout:

Being a soldier myself I know how hard must it have been to our spokesman to comment about anything that involves UN operations. By law we are not allowed to comment about any operations which concerns UN operations other than the role which South Africa is going to play.

Once those soldiers have been signed for they do not longer belong to the command of the SANDF and carry out their duties as assigned by their new command.

Why would our spokesman commend about UN and its operations which does not even concerned him for this while until the mission is accomplished? We on the other side are very happy to have first hand information about the proceedings of UN operations through communications. Our brothers and my cousin who is currently there confirmed to me that it is what happened for real. SA special forces snypers have killed 6 M23 high ranking officers from the longest range shoots. The officers were apparently strategising offensive on the UN forces.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

The SSG is a nice rifel. SA spec ops use it to though the accuracy internastional is a better rifel.

The SSG-69 is an extremely accurate sniper rifle.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
2smooth2shout:

Nigeria has a large supply of first grade snipers. we deployed a considerable number of snipers to mali. Like we have said multiple times on this board, we are not FC hollywood. Photos / videos of the military are difficult to come by. The united states military on a daily basis releases between 200-300 images. Now compare that to nigeria's 50 pictures yearly.

With the so few amount of photos released yearly, ignorant statements like the ones we see flying around by the south africans on this board, would continue to be a regular occurrence.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
In March the intervention brigade, which includes 1345 South African soldiers under the command of Colonel Patrick Dube, became the first to be given an offensive mandate by the UN Security Council.

Dube told The Times that SA troops had played a key role in this week's battles, the first time they were engaged in ground combat.

"They would still be fighting if we hadn't got involved," he said. He confirmed that snipers from 6 SA Infantry, based in Grahamstown, were deployed.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2013/09/02/sandf-in-congo-advance

Earlier comments by Generals about our snipers can be expected. The media were asking questions at a time when M23 were still in the hills of Goma and the situation was tense. No General is going to admit to having such assets at such a time which might put those assets at risk. Force commander Dube has now said that SA snipers are on the ground. But the shot would have come from a special forces operator, since regular infantry don't use the Denel NTW rifle. Almost only special forces.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again: .

[size=16pt]meet nigerian army's best female sniper for year 2006...sergeant emily okpa [/size]

http://obiakpere..ca/2006/12/meet-nigerian-armys-best-female-sniper.html

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/11/407449_311906345523851_1365050652_n.jpg[/img]

What a useless article. How can you talk about being the best but not specify what makes you the best.
What range did she shoot at? What was her percentage accuracy? etc etc

Fail
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
chris365:

but he clearly stated that the sniper kill is false. So what else are you arguing

No he did not, this is what was said

“South Africa was not specifically requested to supply snipers as part of its troop contribution but the 850-strong battalion moved to the DRC to be part of the FIB does have certain capabilities,” Lieutenant General Derrick Mgwebi told a briefing in Thaba Tshwane this morning when asked about the sniper’s kill.

That is a question you would have to ask the UN,” was all he would say. At the time of publication the UN Peacekeeping Operations website did not carry any information about the sniper shot.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
Capnd143: i have been following you guys quite a while and also refusing to comment, but it seems the guy that talk about the "special boat service" name is a sociopath,pyschopath, disgruntled homo sapien, and most certainly an irrelevant mutant! The name Special boat service was Culled and suggested by the brits! The Uk naval special special forces are also called 'SBS' thus the Brits suggested the name to nigerian navy ranks since the were responsible for the initial startup training of the commando unit, the unit was co-trained by UK'S SBS AND US'S SEAL S so all the argument brought forward by that disgruntled follow is rendered void and doesnt hold water, completely baseless and lacks substancial intellectual backing. . .

We have a new monkey. Welcome, monkey.

Unfortunately you've started off on a whole lot of idïot.

I've repeatedly said the correctness or otherwise of his statements is irrelevant.

The point being proved is that your fellow monkey Chris cannot use Sowetan comments by disgruntled South Africans against us, because we can easily pull similar comments from Naai-gerians.

Therefore, if you want to play a game of denying the truthfulness of comments by Naai-gerians online, just say so and we can play that game. Which is simply idïoti anyway.

So, dearest new monkey, go see your fellow monkey's posts about Zimbabwe invading SA and what he used as evidence. See then what was posted in response before you make a foöl of yourself. Mmmmkay?

And seeing as you are asking for it, the man is sharing his personal experience. He's selling us what he saw. He saw a sleeping soldier. You have no way of arguing against that.

Secondly, he is most certainly right about you losers getting your behinds kicked by Boko haram. We all know It. It's an old argument on this thread.

Thirdly, CameroonPride has argued something similar about Bakassi. Therefore, it's your word against his.
End of story.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

That is it the Galil ACE. In SA that is the R6.

fact is that the Tanzanian rifle is Israeli made NOT South african. leave the fact like that and DONT twist it. s.hut up !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
CraigB:

We have a new monkey. Welcome, monkey.

Unfortunately you've started off on a whole lot of idïot.

I've repeatedly said the correctness or otherwise of his statements is irrelevant.

The point being proved is that your fellow monkey Chris cannot use Sowetan comments by disgruntled South Africans against us, because we can easily pull similar comments from Naai-gerians.

Therefore, if you want to play a game of denying the truthfulness of comments by Naai-gerians online, just say so and we can play that game. Which is simply idïoti anyway.

So, dearest new monkey, go see your fellow monkey's posts about Zimbabwe invading SA and what he used as evidence. See then what was posted in response before you make a foöl of yourself. Mmmmkay?
first of all, if you go the beggining section of this topic/theme you would see i was among the few pioneer debators before the thread was regretably polluted with Most respected south african with however contradicting ideosyncrasy to that which i hold, so it would be not improper if you debated with sense of professionalism viod of name calling and blabbering . .
SECONDLY. . . I was refuting the ideas of my fellowing nigerian who spoke perhaps out of ignorance and momentary fustration, my post therefore was not intended to do any harm neither did it do any direct harm to you, so mr. Respected South african i dont deem you fit an opponent to debate with because you however dont fit the class. No harm meant bro.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

fact is that the Tanzanian rifle is Israeli made NOT South african. leave the fact like that and DONT twist it. s.hut up !

Has i said IMI there are actually difference between the R series and Galil but a R6 is bascaly the same wepaon that the tamzian SF use
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
Capnd143: first of all, if you go the beggining section of this topic/theme you would see i was among the few pioneer debators before the thread was regretably polluted with Most respected south african with however contradicting ideosyncrasy to that which i hold, so it would be not improper if you debated with sense of professionalism viod of name calling and blabbering . .
SECONDLY. . . I was refuting the ideas of my fellowing nigerian who spoke perhaps out of ignorance and momentary fustration, my post therefore was not intended to do any harm neither did it do any direct harm to you, so mr. Respected South african i dont deem you fit an opponent to debate with because you however dont fit the class. No harm meant bro.

It doesn't matter that you were a pioneer debater. Stüpid is as stüpid does.If you were a pioneer and were wide awake, you would have gone to the thread where the comment was made and refuted it there.

I pasted the link, didn't I?

You say you've been following us, but you chose to be blind to what was being argued here and you didn't care to see why the post was brought here in the first place. I did say it was an example meant to demonstrate that there are negative comments about Naai-geria too; and that "only an idïot posts such" comments as evidence. So don't ask me to suffer your foölishness with respect.

Secondly, seeing as you delved into the argument, the man is talking about his personal experience. Unless you were there with him when he saw a sleeping soldier, you can't monkey up and down.

Thirdly, your soldiers have got killed by Boko haram and attacked at their bases. What's wrong about that?

Thirdly, CameroonPride has argued something similar about Bakassi. He's yet to be proven wrong by any monkey here. So yes, Cameroonians are blowing trumpets through your noses about Bakassi.

Please, don't talk about respect when you can't respect yourself enough to call on the gods of intelligence before you open your mouth. There's no such thing as debating with professionalism here. Just smarts, please. We don't have the time to keep cleaning up after idïots.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
2smooth2shout:

thanks for the correction. I mistook it to be chinese. But i know it's not SA

i dont know which one you are refering to as chinese, but this is my own observation.

first photo Tanzanian rifle is the chinese Type 56 a copy of AK-47 for standard army issue assault rifle

second photo is Tanzanian Galil rifle from israel for special forces

both rifles look alike, but if you view closely...the Galil looks more 'cute and solid' and also notice the Galil gunner's targeting sight mechanism...that tells you the price and performance is different.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
zaandrew:

Has i said IMI there are actually difference between the R series and Galil but a R6 is bascaly the same wepaon that the tamzian SF use

"...the two rifles are different, the two rifles are basically the same weapon...."

twisting twisting...fool grin

see how you contradict yourself above, just because you never want to accept it when you are proved wrong. grow up man, be a mature adult.

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.