Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:44 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464120 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2013
CraigB:

That's not the point, idîot.

The point is you believe in online comments like what you posted. You haven't backed up anything. You haven't shown how Zim will invade SA like I asked you to. Not that I'm holding my breath, anyway.

You claim you reason but you did not care to think that there are many similar negative comments from Naai-gerians about Naai-geria. They haven't been posted here for a reason. Stop being an idîot, mmmmkay? Right. If you have nothing to post, other than these, go to bed, ok?

Here's another example:

______

https://www.nairaland.com/1290913/2000-soldiers-jets-deployed-borno/10

You know the problem with some of the bloggers here,they have blind patriotism.I am a naija born, foreign trained operator.I love my country but i don't dable in tomfoolery. The Nigerian Army in it's current state can not fight many countries.

We have the money to make our boys the best but years of corruption ruined that and now we are playing catch up.Do you know that our navy just established a navy commando unit in 2005 or was 2006 ? They call them special boat services ,i mean what a silly name? In the Us they are called seals but we name our own special boat services It shows you that those in charge of our Military are clueless. How can you name a set of naval special forces unit "special boat services"? The name does not even go with the function of the unit.

It is the same way government buildings in Nigeria are built to look like Islamic or Arabic symbols. Talk about a bunch of donkeys running the country! Aso rock looks like a huge mosque and so does the senate buildings. We have lost the plot completely and unless competent people are brought back into leadership we will remain at this level, incompetent , dumb and useless.

Take a look at India Army, those guys know what they are about. Their Government is shelling money on their military like crazy. They even partnered with Russia on the Su 50 PAK FA 5th generation fighter jet programme. This means that in about 3 years India will have one of the best fighter jets in the world that can take on any fighter jet even from USA. The Indians have intelligent leaders who understand the importance of the well-equipped military.

Iran today can give USA the middle finger because they are well armed and are about to become a nuclear power. Nigeria on the hand is accepted a world war 2 navy ship from USA as a gift, in order words the US military sees Nigeria as a dumping ground for outdated hardware. We have useless leader and useless military leader finish and klaar!

All these people who are making noise have forgotten that common Cameroon use our nose blow trumpet for bakassi and our soldiers ran for dear life,abi i lie.I have got nothing against the soldier but i am not happy with the security chiefs.We should be number one in Africa with all the money we make but we are not
i have been following you guys quite a while and also refusing to comment, but it seems the guy that talk about the "special boat service" name is a sociopath,pyschopath, disgruntled homo sapien, and most certainly an irrelevant mutant! The name Special boat service was Culled and suggested by the brits! The Uk naval special special forces are also called 'SBS' thus the Brits suggested the name to nigerian navy ranks since the were responsible for the initial startup training of the commando unit, the unit was co-trained by UK'S SBS AND US'S SEAL S so all the argument brought forward by that disgruntled follow is rendered void and doesnt hold water, completely baseless and lacks substancial intellectual backing. . .

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:26am On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

Tanzanian army's Type 56 rifle (chinese copy of AK-47 rifle) in Congo DRC war

http://www.armyrecognition.com/tanzania_tanzanian_army_land_ground_forces/tanzania_tanzanian_army_land_ground_armed_defense_forces_military_equipment_armored_vehicle_picturs.html

Yes there regular infantry. But hennery posted pics of there Speciol Forces. And they were useing a Galil I belive it is a Galil ACR. It is baiscaly a R6 though wether denel or IMI made it I don't know. Small armes are not list by name.

Non the less the only difrence betwen a tanzian SF rifel and a SANDF infantry rifel is barrel length the tanzian one is shorter it all so has a sight fited but we have posted picks of simlar modfied R4s so it is just the barrel length.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:26am On Sep 02, 2013
agaugust:

this message below, is for the south african fool above tongue

[size=16pt] nigerian army uprooted snipers in somalia war....

....in joint operation with american marines

"Colonel Peck said United States military officials had discussed “fire discipline — knowing where your rounds are going,” with the Nigerian commander. Gunfire from Nigerian forces guarding the major traffic circle known as K-4 had also struck the mess hall tent and the north side of the embassy, about a mile from the intersection, Colonel Peck said.

In repelling snipers and suspected looters who approached the traffic circle from several directions Thursday, Nigerian soldiers penetrated through and loosed up an immense array of rocket-propelled grenade, machine-gun and rifle fire. The shooting spree by Somalis ended after United States marines began a weapons sweep of houses in the area under helicopter cover.

Colonel Peck said the sweep produced seven AK-47 assault rifles, three heavy machine guns, 30 hand grenades, a 120-millimeter heavy mortar and one light mortar, among other weapons.

Today’s shooting ended when the Nigerian soldiers searched the buildings where shooting had occurred for snipers and weapons. They brought out six younger men, three women, and an elderly man."

http://beegeagle./2011/07/04/flashback-somalia-1993-nigerian-troops-us-marines-halt-shootings/

nigerian military has been the greatest saviour of africa long before south africa came out of apartheid cage
[/size]

you even have time to answer the f00l that ignorant of how he was born. Not to talk of events that have happened in the past. The boy na olodo right from time.

So i no get him time
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:28am On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

sit down in south africa and continue to post your own personal opinions of what you dont know, and is happening in america. i dont get paid for trying to educate a fool that does not travel.....not interested in time wasting grin

Simply because you are wrong and will have to admit your mistakes. NNS thunder cannot be used as a landing platform for Gunships. FACT!!!

Just admit it, you are beaten, period!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:32am On Sep 02, 2013
agaugust:

even foolish countries of the world like Togo have army snipers that can k.ill at long ranges.

since when did old 1940 world war II sniper tactics become a great topic to debate about ? its nothing special, go read war history of 1940 long range army snipers.

Sniping has been going on far longer than WW2. The greatest sniper is a finnish sniper killed a few hundred russians with a iron sights.

How ever not every country has a sniper sytem. Sniper and marksman are 2 diffrent things. And most snipers engade targets from 500m to 1500m only a few have the skill for a over 2000m shot.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:33am On Sep 02, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Tanzanian special forces are using Denel made rifle. Even Rwanda was threatening DRC with massive movement of Ratels.

you've started with another propaganda again abi? Since it has now been discovered that they did the work in DRC for you, you want to claim you built their rifle.

That is a chinese made rifle for your info. So stop lying.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 9:40am On Sep 02, 2013
Msauza:

Simply because you are wrong and will have to admit your mistakes. NNS thunder cannot be used as a landing platform for Gunships. FACT!!!

Just admit it, you are beaten, period!!!

after proving you south africans wrong with simple mathematics...

NNS Thunder flight deck 24m length
Mi-24 Helicopter 18m length

all measurement information freely available on google....

why should i keep wasting my time repeating the same post/comments again and again 77 times for a 33% brain that cannot put an 18m shoe into a 24m shoe box ? get it ? grin

make sure one of those nigerian mathematics teachers we sent to help south africa is teaching your son, so that he does not grow up to be like you grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:43am On Sep 02, 2013
agaugust:

even foolish countries of the world like Togo have army snipers that can k.ill at long ranges.

since when did old 1940 world war II sniper tactics become a great topic to debate about ? its nothing special, go read war history of 1940 long range army snipers.

you've forgotten he's mr "copy and paste". No ability to reason out of the box. sMH
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 9:45am On Sep 02, 2013
Army of Asian countries in Congo DRC war

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 9:48am On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

Sniping has been going on far longer than WW2. The greatest sniper is a finnish sniper killed a few hundred russians with a iron sights.

How ever not every country has a sniper sytem. Sniper and marksman are 2 diffrent things. And most snipers engade targets from 500m to 1500m only a few have the skill for a over 2000m shot.

english language definition of Sniper is very simple...please dont add your own private ideas to it. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:54am On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

english language definition of Sniper is very simple...please dont add your own private ideas to it. grin

And what the milltary definition is is what we talking about.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:55am On Sep 02, 2013
Capnd143: i have been following you guys quite a while and also refusing to comment, but it seems the guy that talk about the "special boat service" name is a sociopath,pyschopath, disgruntled homo sapien, and most certainly an irrelevant mutant! The name Special boat service was Culled and suggested by the brits! The Uk naval special special forces are also called 'SBS' thus the Brits suggested the name to nigerian navy ranks since the were responsible for the initial startup training of the commando unit, the unit was co-trained by UK'S SBS AND US'S SEAL S so all the argument brought forward by that disgruntled follow is rendered void and doesnt hold water, completely baseless and lacks substancial intellectual backing. . .

don't mind the white pig(CrazeB). He's an ignorant and senseless animal, so he lives to breath misinformation and has been caught pants down several times.

He's the only thing the trash was written for
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 9:55am On Sep 02, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:55am On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

why should i keep wasting my time repeating the same post/comments again and again 77 times for a 33% brain that cannot put an 18m shoe into a 24m shoe box ? get it ? grin

make sure one of those nigerian mathematics teachers we sent to help south africa is teaching your son, so that he does not grow up to be like you grin

The only thing you proved is your ignorance on the subject matter.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 9:56am On Sep 02, 2013
Congo DRC rebels....the evil R.ape masters copied by south african army

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 9:57am On Sep 02, 2013

Woman alleged gang R.aped overnight by many soldiers in Congo DRC

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:58am On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

Yes there regular infantry. But hennery posted pics of there Speciol Forces. And they were useing a Galil I belive it is a Galil ACR. It is baiscaly a R6 though wether denel or IMI made it I don't know. Small armes are not list by name.

Non the less the only difrence betwen a tanzian SF rifel and a SANDF infantry rifel is barrel length the tanzian one is shorter it all so has a sight fited but we have posted picks of simlar modfied R4s so it is just the barrel length.

mr man shut up already. Fact is that you lied. It's a chinese rifle, not SA

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:07am On Sep 02, 2013
chris365:

mr man shut up already. Fact is that you lied. It's a chinese rifle, not SA

No that is a pick of a regualer tanzian infantry solder. Now look at the pics that were posted of the tanzian speciol forcses.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:07am On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

@Agaugust, damn it!! You such a stupid freek!!

24-18= 6 and 6/2=3

Those calculations are just estimations because out of that free 6m space no pilot is so accurate to land exactly at the half mark of 6m. What on your mind has never happened because pilot do not think with their a.sses but their head. Those insinuations of yours are childish and would not be risked by any professional pilot.

Any helicopter which is between 18-20m in length would require an open and much bigger landing platform of over 30m for safe landing and take-offs.

Just like you mentioned before that any ship will have to be fortified to carry double the weight of its permissible load, that applies to the length and breath(beam) of its flight deck as well, which must be doubled to meet its safety standards.

I guess you never looked at that or either you wittingly ignored it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2013
Msauza:

@Agaugust, damn it!! You such a stupid freek!!

24-18= 6 and 6/2=3

Those calculations are just estimations because out of that free 6m space no pilot is so accurate to land exactly at the half mark of 6m. What on your mind has never happened because pilot do not think with their a.sses but their head. Those insinuations of yours are childish and would not be risked by any professional pilot.

Any helicopter which is between 18-20m in length would require an open and much bigger landing platform of over 30m for safe landing and take-offs.

Just like you mentioned before that any ship will have to be fortified to carry double the weight of its permissible load, that applies to the length and breath(beam) of its flight deck as well, which must be doubled to meet its safety standards.

I guess you never looked at that or either you wittingly ignored it.

please sir, after the expatriate nigerian mathematics teacher helps your son at school in johannesburg, beg him to come teach you also privately at home part time...you need that nigerian upgrade too grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 10:16am On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

And what the milltary definition is is what we talking about.

you should know that every military has it's own training. Nigerian regular soldiers are trained to be snipers, that's why when we didn't have special forces in the 90s, we still had snipers that saw action in somalia, SL, and Liberia.

I've shown pictures of Nigerian long range sniper rifles currently in use by the army and information i got says not only the special forces are trained to have such skills.

Snipers are old in the army and they've seen action in every military intervention Nigeria participated in.

@augugust showed proof of NA snipers suppressing and taking out enemy targets in somalia during the 1990 operation restor hope.

Snipers are not a new trend in NA

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:26am On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

please sir, after the expatriate nigerian mathematics teacher helps your son at school in johannesburg, beg him to come teach you also privately at home part time...you need that nigerian upgrade too grin

I don't have a child who is taught by any Nigerian mathematics teacher. My child attend model C schools where you won't even see any Nigerian.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 10:26am On Sep 02, 2013

[size=16pt]meet nigerian army's best female sniper for year 2006...sergeant emily okpa [/size]

http://obiakpere..ca/2006/12/meet-nigerian-armys-best-female-sniper.html

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/11/407449_311906345523851_1365050652_n.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:30am On Sep 02, 2013
chris365:

you should know that every military has it's own training. Nigerian regular soldiers are trained to be snipers, that's why when we didn't have special forces in the 90s, we still had snipers that saw action in somalia, SL, and Liberia.

I've shown pictures of Nigerian long range sniper rifles currently in use by the army and information i got says not only the special forces are trained to have such skills.

Snipers are old in the army and they've seen action in every military intervention Nigeria participated in.

@augugust showed proof of NA snipers suppressing and taking out enemy targets in somalia during the 1990 operation restor hope.

So you telling me that every singel nigerian solder can calclate bulliet drop, the addect of wind over extrem distances, the affect of the curveture of the earth, the construcston of a hide, how to survive in 2 to 6 man groups deep behind enemy lines for days with out support extra extra. Because if you saying that then you saying your basic solder is better trained than the US rangers.

Aka you should stop embarsing your self.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:33am On Sep 02, 2013
chris365:

You had snypers but not advanced trained snypers who could take the target from over 2Km away. Any snyper with such a skill are one of the few and many forces to date are still struggling to produce such a capability.

By the way which kind of snyper weapons do you use in Nigeria? Don't ever tell me its a secret again.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:39am On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again: .

[size=16pt]meet nigerian army's best female sniper for year 2006...sergeant emily okpa

http://obiakpere..ca/2006/12/meet-nigerian-armys-best-female-sniper.html [/size]

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/11/407449_311906345523851_1365050652_n.jpg[/img]

That is just a medium range snyper rifle, hence is only accurate at closer distance of 300-500m. That cannot take out the target standing at over 2.5Km away.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:48am On Sep 02, 2013
Currently there are only four countries in the world who managed to take out target at over 2Km away with a confirmed snypers killer shot and they are;

1. UK
2. US
3. South Africa, and
4. Canada

There is also one unconfirmed case in Australia and where is Nigeria? Nah!! I am just asking.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2013
Msauza: Currently there are only four countries in the world who managed to take out target at over 2Km away with a confirmed snypers killer shot and they are;

1. UK
2. US
3. Canada
4. South Africa

There is also one unconfirmed case in Australia and where is Nigeria? Nah!! I am just asking.

source please, a reliable source .

remember your south african Lt.General has denied any SANDF sniper k.ill in congo DRC....its a fake report like Seleka k.ll ratio tongue

"Lieutenant General Derrick Mgwebi of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) spoke at a media briefing in Pretoria on Friday, he denied allegations that South African snipers killed six senior rebel officers. "If there are snipers on the ground, they are not ours."

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-08-30-sandf-on-drc-deployment-no-repeat-of-car-massacre

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

That is confirmed my frendo, I have even saw it on BBC news
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:55am On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

remember your south african Lt.General has denied any SANDF sniper k.ill in congo DRC....its a fake report like Seleka k.ll ratio tongue

It tells me that you do not watch BBC news.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

The tanzanian Special forces use a special forces dedicated rifle. The micro galil ACE is short and compact. That is what a special forces soldier needs for the sort of mission he would carry out.

Take nigeria for example, the navy's special boat service unit use a compact TAR-21, a CTAR-21, dedicated special forces rifle. The same thing for the army's special forces unit. While the ground troops of the airforce deployed to mali were all armed with the standard version of the TAR-21. Different missions require different gears to prosecute them.

The tanzanian choice of the compact galil ACE is a fantastic choice. While regular tanzanian troops are armed with AK-47's or it's chinese variant.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 10:59am On Sep 02, 2013
Msauza:

It tells me that you do not watch BBC news.

It tells me that you told a big lie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.