Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4458538 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Msauza:

It doesn't matter, in SA HIV is no longer a death penalty and our doctors are so much skilled and trained to manage HIV that those infected could lead a normal healthy lifestyle. That's why our brothers from other African nations take refuge and flog to SA the moment they are diagnosed with the disease from their various countries with the hope that they will receive the best medical care in SA to live longer.
You'll live longer ..err.. like plus 10years?? undecided undecided your life span wil be automatically shortened dummy..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
souldust: south africa has poor sanitation just like any 3rd world country. I think we in nigeria glorify other africans too much. Any little thing, we would say, "look at ghana of yesterday..." "look at south africa..." just read about the poor sanitation in SAs public toilet.

This is funny as well as
pathetic. In South Africa in
a town of Free State
Province, the local ANC led
council has built public
toilets which are not
covered by surrounding
walls.
The toilets can often be seen from several
houses in a neighbourhood. In all there are
about 1600 of these toilets which have
cisterns and pipes but no walls.
During a visit by the ANC fire brand youth
leader he was taken round the town. The
residents complained against the manner
these toilets have been made. The youth
leader was visibly upset and
angered with the state of affairs.
Julius Malema
"Heads must roll," said Mr Malema, after the
visit.
The newspapers have also come down very
hard on this and wrote "there's no privacy,
no humanity and no dignity."

80-90% of SA's population has free and basic water services including sanitation. By the way that toilet issue was settled within two weeks of that report, and the only reason that happened was because of unscrupulous contractors who didn't finish the job after payment.

In SA we can drink water from any tap we are still the only african country where u can drink water from a tap without the fear of contracting cholera, this is better then many EU nations, we are in the top 10 in the world on the quality of our drinking water, something which u cannot even say about Nigeria.

SA has a over 90% electrification rate to all its citizens something which cannot even be said of Nigeria which can't even provide a 50% of its citizens with power for 24 hours.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
Msauza:

What do you have to say about this;

South Africa goes shopping
These days South African businesses are everywhere in Nigeria, and trade between the two countries has jumped from $11 million to $11 billion in 11 years.

By Leonard Lawal, Fortune

(Fortune Magazine) -- The Palms shopping center in Lagos is the largest mall in sub-Saharan Africa. It's managed by a South African company, Broll, and most of its stores - Game, Shoprite, NuMetro, Nandos - are South African brands. The largest mobile-phone company in Nigeria? It, too, is South African: MTN, which has captured nearly 50% of the market. Indeed, in Nigeria these days South African businesses are everywhere. Entech, a South African engineering firm, is leading a $3 billion redevelopment of Lagos's Bar Beach and Victoria Island waterfront. Another South African firm, Group Five, is building a power station in the Niger River delta. And the largest tourism project in the country, in Tinapa, is a joint venture between Standard Bank, Broll, and Southern Sun - all South African firms. (Standard Bank also just swallowed Nigeria's IBTC bank.)

A Khartoum boom, courtesy of China

South Africa's invasion of Nigeria, which began as a trickle after the end of apartheid in 1994, has turned into a flood over the past five years. Trade between the two nations has jumped from $11 million in 1994 to more than $11 billion in 2005, the last year for which reliable statistics are available. And the number of South African firms doing business in Nigeria has increased from just four in 1999 to hundreds today.
"They have chosen the sectors they intervened in very carefully," says Frank Aigbogun, publisher of Businessday, a leading financial daily in Lagos, which has Johnnic Communications, a South African media giant, as a partner. "They filled a void in the investment space in Nigeria. Remember that the Europeans and Americans, wearied by endless years of military rule, did not quite know how to respond to the evolving democratic environment." Most Western companies that invested in Nigeria focused on the lucrative oil sector, leaving huge swaths of the economy open to South African entrepreneurs. The pioneer, says Olusola Obadimu, executive secretary of the Nigerian-South African Chamber of Commerce, was South African cable company DSTV/Multichoice, which captured 95% of the satellite-TV subscription market in the 1990s. "No Western company will take the kind of risks they took," Obadimu says. "But their teams came down, felt the pulse of the populace, and they succeeded." MTN followed in Multichoice's wake a few years later - "They rode on that kahuna," as Obadimu puts it - when the government auctioned off mobile-phone bandwidth. "Western telcos were not interested for obvious reasons of lack of infrastructure," he says. "But South African firms knew of the success of DSTV/Multichoice, and they invested. It reflects the long-term vision of the government in Pretoria, which saw Africa as one trading bloc. It's a small country but highly industrialized, and they need new markets."

A Texas company in Sudan

South African leader Thabo Mbeki, whom former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo had befriended during the struggle against apartheid, won concessions from the Nigerian government to facilitate trade. Among them were agreements to protect South African firms against future nationalizations and to eradicate double taxation, meaning South African firms that pay taxes in Nigeria are exempt from paying taxes on profits repatriated to South Africa. Not all South Africans have been welcomed with open arms, and it's not uncommon to hear them described by Nigerians as "neocolonialists." There are complaints about price gouging and other unfair practices. MTN is a particular target. It took a boycott some years back to get it to charge customers by the second instead of rounding up to the next minute. And the Nigerian Senate recently rebuked MTN and other carriers for their high dropped-call rates. "These people are exploiting us," says Tokunbo, a Nigerian MTN engineer who asked to be identified by his first name, referring to South African businesses. "Western companies won't engage in some things these South African firms do in cahoots with our fellow Nigerian officials." MTN did not respond to requests for comment. None of that has lessened South Africa's investment offensive. South Africa's Eskom collects debts and runs the prepaid-card operations for the local energy monopoly, Power Holding Corp. of Nigeria, a notoriously inefficient company scheduled for outright sale. Ariva, another South African company, operates the national lottery, and Telkom is bidding for Multilink, a wireless-network provider. Even the ballots in this year's contentious elections were printed in South Africa. As Warren Trokis, a manager at Shoprite, a South African grocery chain in Lagos, explains the attraction, "Business is good here, and Nigeria is safer than South Africa. In South Africa armed robbers will take your money and kill you, but here in Nigeria, they will take your money and apologize."
Lol at the bolded, probably the reason why the afrikaners feel safe investing their money in nigeria.. be that has it may, I'm not disputing the fact that SA doesnt have businesses in nigeria.. Nigeria is big my friend, we have Nigerian companies that handles mall constructions like i posted above.. so why would your friend be saying nigeria doesnt have building materials? Hogwash i repeat! undecided

D
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
What do you also have to say about this;

http://www.southafrica.info/africa/nigeria-161112.htm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Msauza: What do you also have to say about this;

http://www.southafrica.info/africa/nigeria-161112.htm
You know i dont visit south african sites with biased opinions /info... post another one.. cool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007:
Coming from a person that sticks his diick into 2 year olds lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Is this coming from a nation who's people kidnap foreigners live like parasites of the backs of grieving families who must pay ransom for there freedom.

Is this coming from a nation with a state called Benin which is considered to have the biggest prostitution population on the continent. Nigeria has more prostitutes in Europe then any other african nation, so is this really coming from africa's biggest nation of WH*RES
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
snydergp:

Is this coming from a nation who's people kidnap foreigners live like parasites of the backs of grieving families who must pay ransom for there freedom.

Is this coming from a nation with a state called Benin which is considered to have the biggest prostitution population on the continent. Nigeria has more prostitutes in Europe then any other african nation, so is this really coming from africa's biggest nation of WH*RES
South africa has the highest number of drug junkies in Africa.. a nation with xenophobic fucktards ,paedophiles and thiefs..he pointed at benin lol.. I'm talking about all the provinces in south africa.. y'all lost cause.. grin grin grin.. even the suicide rate is alarming..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007:
You'll live longer ..err.. like plus 10years?? undecided undecided your life span wil be automatically shortened dummy..

In South Africa there are people who live with the virus for long now, way far longer than 10 years. ARV treatment is the answer but not a cure. People taking this treatment can live longer than HIV negative people, but the problem is that in other countries there is no kind of this treatment. That's why foreigners flock here under pretext of seeking asylum knowing that they were sick before they crossed the borders of SA and demand our government to offer them treatment. In SA we do not discriminate against those who are diseased like what other African countries do. I was very touched one day meeting with a Tanzania who claimed that his people wanted to kill him only because his wife died of Aids and now they were craving for his death. He was on ARV programme and working for NEW START a voluntary HIV testing NGO which visited our Home Affairs offices (my former employer) to encourage us to test.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007:
South africa has the highest number of drug junkies in Africa.. a nation with xenophobic fucktards ,paedophiles and thiefs..he pointed at benin lol.. I'm talking about all the provinces in south africa.. y'all lost cause.. grin grin grin.. even the suicide rate is alarming..

Who brings in drugs, isn't your Brothers who call themselves Naija man? Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007:
You know i dont visit south african sites with biased opinions /info... post another one.. cool

I quote, there is a problem and I don't it's still a problem. By the way what do you want?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
Msauza:

In South Africa there are people who live with the virus for long now, way far longer than 10 years. ARV treatment is the answer but not a cure. People taking this treatment can live longer than HIV negative people, but the problem is that in other countries there is no kind of this treatment. That's why foreigners flock here under pretext of seeking asylum knowing that they were sick before they crossed the borders of SA and demand our government to offer them treatment. In SA we do not discriminate against those who are diseased like what other African countries do. I was very touched one day meeting with a Tanzania who claimed that his people wanted to kill him only because his wife died of Aids and now they were craving for his death. He was on ARV programme and working for NEW START a voluntary HIV testing NGO which visited our Home Affairs offices (my former employer) to encourage us to test.
Your meeting with the tanzarnian is your own problem...by the way who bleeping cares? Its a normal thing in the south african community.. like my SA friend would say "mus"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
Msauza:

I quote, there is a problem and I don't it's still a problem. By the way what do you want?
Your blood boiling grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
Msauza:

Who brings in drugs, isn't your Brothers who call themselves Naija man? Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Wena there you go again, pointing fingers at us for your problems. ..dont want to go into that drug shiit cuzz everybody knows south africa is the home of narcotic drug users and drug barons... smiley
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007:
Lol at the bolded, probably the reason why the afrikaners feel safe investing their money in nigeria.. be that has it may, I'm not disputing the fact that SA doesnt have businesses in nigeria.. Nigeria is big my friend, we have Nigerian companies that handles mall constructions like i posted above.. so why would your friend be saying nigeria doesnt have building materials? Hogwash i repeat! undecided

D

My friend, the way Nigeria build their malls is not up to the standard that shoprite wants, or any overseas retailers would want. Look at that mall above which you have attached it looks much like a mosque and there is nothing fantastic about it. The mall is supposed to attract people than scaring them, now imagine people going to that mall it will look as if they are going to attend the Islamic gathering of praising Allah. Nigeria alone has enough mosques and imagine the mall also taking the resemblance of a mosque. Come to think of it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
Msauza:

My friend, the way Nigeria build their malls is not up to the standard that shoprite wants, or any overseas retailers would want. Look at that mall above which you have attached it looks much like a mosque and there is nothing fantastic about it. The mall is supposed to attract people than scaring them, now imagine people going to that mall it will look as if they are going to attend the Islamic gathering of praising Allah. Nigeria alone has enough mosques and imagine the mall also taking the resemblance of a mosque. Come to think of it.
Lol...apparently you've ran out of points... google Silverbird cinemas and see for your self... cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Also a peep at the interior

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
@mzauza.. another one.. cinemas look like mosques to your country men

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
souldust: south africa has poor sanitation just like any 3rd world country. I think we in nigeria glorify other africans too much. Any little thing, we would say, "look at ghana of yesterday..." "look at south africa..." just read about the poor sanitation in SAs public toilet.

This is funny as well as
pathetic. In South Africa in
a town of Free State
Province, the local ANC led
council has built public
toilets which are not
covered by surrounding
walls.
The toilets can often be seen from several
houses in a neighbourhood. In all there are
about 1600 of these toilets which have
cisterns and pipes but no walls.
During a visit by the ANC fire brand youth
leader he was taken round the town. The
residents complained against the manner
these toilets have been made. The youth
leader was visibly upset and
angered with the state of affairs.
Julius Malema
"Heads must roll," said Mr Malema, after the
visit.
The newspapers have also come down very
hard on this and wrote "there's no privacy,
no humanity and no dignity."

Stop lying we do not have any problems with sanitation. All the bucket and pit system has been successfully eradicated. Just only this piece can make you to distort information and conclude that we have a sanitation problems. For your information, every house in SA has clean running water, electricity and sewage system. Now the project that was not even finished can cause you to say that. Those toilets were not yet operational. They have always been there until they could be constructed completely and now because opposition parties wanted to score cheap political scores they blew it out of proportion to humble the ANC.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007: @mzauza.. another one.. cinemas look like mosques to your country men

Can I also take a peep at your international airports so that I can compare that to Durban international airport please dankie(thanx)Son.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007:
Lol...apparently you've ran out of points... google Silverbird cinemas and see for your self... cheesy

My friend am seeing much bigger and beautiful malls than those in Johannesburg. Our malls do not look like mosque and they meet international standard. They are not different from the ones I have seen in Alaska, New York, London and Manchester. There is no difference at all infact some of our malls are far better than the ones I have seen in Europe. When it comes to malls the rest of the Southern Hemisphere come to us and seek answers. Just ask Australia and New Zealand, their malls are not as well up to our standard. Like it or not when Americans see Sun City all of them come with an offer, but the problem is that they cannot afford it. Michael Jackson wanted to buy it but the numbers could not add up.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007: @mzauza.. another one.. cinemas look like mosques to your country men

Damn I almost thought it was a bomb shelter, why are u constructing such fortresses
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
Msauza:

My friend am seeing much bigger and beautiful malls than those in Johannesburg. Our malls do not look like mosque and they meet international standard. They are not different from the ones I have seen in Alaska, New York, London and Manchester. There is no difference at all infact some of our malls are far better than the ones I have seen in Europe. When it comes to malls the rest of the Southern Hemisphere come to us and seek answers. Just ask Australia and New Zealand, their malls are not as well up to our standard. Like it or not when Americans see Sun City all of them come with an offer, but the problem is that they cannot afford it. Michael Jackson wanted to buy it but the numbers could not add up.
They're cinemas not malls dummy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
snydergp:

Damn I almost thought it was a bomb shelter, why are u constructing such fortresses
That fortress and other malls i posted are owned by nigerians.. its ownership is not under BEE like yours grin grin grin i can post more if you want
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007:

So this is where u watch $10 000 Nollywood movies, now I understand

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007:

I do not get you can you please explain yourself.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007:
That fortress and other malls i posted are owned by nigerians.. its ownership is not under BEE like yours grin grin grin i can post more if you want

Now what do you think BEE is because it says blacks should have the majority stake.

Most of our malls are owned by consortium's of mostly property investment or real estate companies, which should also have BEE as there main share holding components.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
sheyie2007:

Who must own it if its not Nigerians, because you always see black wherever you go in Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
snydergp:

Now what do you think BEE is because it says blacks should have the majority stake.

Most of our malls are owned by consortium's of mostly property investment or real estate companies, which should also have BEE as there main share holding components.

Besides how will BEE be relevant in Nigeria if the whole country is dark. I wonder how will I manage to live in that situation where I do not get to see white men, Chinese, Indian, etc. No wonder Agaugust left Nigeria to America to experience a new atmosphere.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
snydergp:

we just wish to remind you...the south african HIV infected men who wickedly r.ape new born baby girls in south africa, a nation of animals in human skin, beasts of the worst mentality.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 5:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
truely i had always taught that Synergyp,andrewza,MSAUZA and co were personally being biased about nigeria, bt no, i was wrong! It is the whole state of South africa that is biased, including govt,media, etc! I was doing a silent research and discovered that all .co.za domains that wrote about Nigeria were either exagerating facts of less importances,critising or giving hate speeches abt nigeria! Yet still according to wikipedia this the same country we spent $100 billion on, $63 during anti-apartheid and $27 billion during post apartheid! All because of their quest 4 power, and positions in multilateral orgs. Just take a look at this south african article http://mg.co.za/article/2012-06-07-gloves-off-to-be-champion-of-africa i have millions of otherz!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
Msauza:

Who must own it if its not Nigerians, because you always see black wherever you go in Nigeria.
Lol... it means yall blacks never had the initiative to build them in the first place, and the feeling of being segregated by the whites made you clamour for ownership... there! BEE ARE YOU HAPPY? grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
Capnd143: truely i had always taught that Synergyp,andrewza,MSAUZA and co were personally being biased about nigeria, bt no, i was wrong! It is the whole state of South africa that is biased, including govt,media, etc! I was doing a silent research and discovered that all .co.za domains that wrote about Nigeria were either exagerating facts of less importances,critising or giving hate speeches abt nigeria! Yet still according to wikipedia this the same country we spent $100 billion on, $63 during anti-apartheid and $27 billion during post apartheid! All because of their quest 4 power, and positions in multilateral orgs. Just take a look at this south african article http://mg.co.za/article/2012-06-07-gloves-off-to-be-champion-of-africa i have millions of otherz!
I've emphasized it severally man...

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.