Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4447073 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:52am On Mar 07, 2013
the south africans are becoming so mentally diminished that they now claim their navy frigates will sink american US Navy frigates ! pure in.sanity

no wonder these south africans have been boasting here that their military will defeat nigerian military, but now its more than that, their south african navy they say will sink america's best and most modern, and most advanced hi-tech warships !

south african military academy has produced the wrong type of soldiers. what a pity.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:57am On Mar 07, 2013
agaugust:

andrewza you have a serious problem i am sorry to say, i dont mean to insult you but your post is becoming annoying, dont be F00lish please, i respect you but you need to stop posting nonsense about US NAVY STEALTH WARSHIPS here.

the ship i posted as frigate is USS independence NOT a prototype, its a fully commissioned american warship since january 16th 2010.

confirm its google weblink : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Independence_%28LCS-2%29

a whole wikipedia page gives full details of this great american warship that your south african navy cannot even try fight against.

do you think before you post ? our american USS independence is bigger than your south african valour frigate ! or you need eye glasses ?

deadly missiles are on the US NAVY ship and the best advanced electronic warfare ECM in the world. you have problem with the word frigate, a frigate is a warship that can do a lethal sea combat against big ships, not because they name is a frigate, its the capability it has on the ocean that makes a warship a frigate. let me quote wikipedia english definition for you below...and say thank you to me for helping you to learn

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A frigate (pron.: /ˈfrɪɡɨt/) is any of several types of warship, the term having been used for ships of various sizes and roles over the last few centuries.

USS independence is a frigate, a corvette and a littoral combat ship all at the same time, its only a matter of what english word you like to use. taiwan wants to buy american littoral warships to replace taiwan's knox frigates. is taiwan's navy s.tupid to use weaker ships to replace a frigate for defence against threat from china ? are you thinking at all andrewza or you drink alcohol today my brother ?

littoral combat ship is just a new language the americans use to define warships of different sizes and various weapons that we want to keep close to our coastal ocean to defend america from direct enemy attacks. english language is your problem andrewza, and i have helped you to learn new naval language definitions, and more education for you below....

Corvettes are fast (around 25 knots or better), well-armed ships that displace between 700 and 2000 tons. A corvette is generally not intended for extended ocean-going operations, and is best suited for regional operations. Corvettes are generally the smallest platforms capable of accommodating the sensors, weapons, and combat systems needed to operate in a medium threat environment.

Corvettes are sometimes referred to as light frigates (FFLs).

It can be assumed that the hull design for a corvette and that of an offshore patrol vessel are very similar. The differences will be in propulsion and outfitting. Corvettes will have higher speed and therefore less endurance and range than OPV, much greater armament, and less space for provisions and habitability.

weblink source for english language definitions above :

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-navy/33514-what-difference-between-frigate-destroyer.html#ixzz2LEAybsbK

america has many different types, shapes, and various sizes of those stealth ships i posted and some have 45 anti-ship missiles to fire in one minute and sink all those slow speed south african navy poor stealth paint pangolo puff puff frigate warships you are boasting about plus all your new submarines roasted like chicken by the great american navy new warships in 5 minutes.

you really annoy me and your credibility is flushed into the toilet with that nonsense post you made here. i will educate you about english language meaning of frigate, corvette, OPV because it confuses you south africans all the time. before i school you, just google internet data of the ship for you to see how you much nonsense you wrote by calling south african 121m warship a frigate and a bigger american 127m warship is not a frigate, you are a careless man andrewza, no insult intended, you just very careless with your posts and commants about US NAVY WARSHIPS and their superior power over south african navy warships.

south african navy wants to roasted, somebody help me warn them.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:00am On Mar 07, 2013
american super stealth warship USS INDEPENDENCE and her sister warship USS FREEDOM in full active service since january 16th 2010, sailing on high seas mission below. this warship is based at san diego naval base USA.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:02am On Mar 07, 2013
USS INDEPENDENCE stealth warship will turn all south african navy warships and submarines into smoked fish in 5 minutes of easy battle.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:16am On Mar 07, 2013
AMERICA'S USS INDEPENDENCE STEALTH WARSHIP ON THE DAY OF HER OFFICIAL COMMISSIONING CEREMONY TO ENTER ACTIVE US NAVY SERVICE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:28am On Mar 07, 2013
agaugust: the south africans are becoming so mentally diminished that they now claim their navy frigates will sink american US Navy frigates ! pure in.sanity

no wonder these south africans have been boasting here that their military will defeat nigerian military, but now its more than that, their south african navy they say will sink america's best and most modern, and most advanced hi-tech warships !

south african military academy has produced the wrong type of soldiers. what a pity.

Oh! Hell no. This is an obsession, America this America that. Aguagust, let me remind you that America with all its power and influence once suffered an embarrassing defeat at the hands of Sadam Husaine using a simple SA technology. It does not mean that America with all its stealth warships will claim an easy victory against SA. Of course they will have some serious mathematics to solve before they can defeat us. Let me remind you that SA has a strong formidable special forces called the recce whose weapons are unknown. They are a force on their own independent from our armies and they have a good track record and probably the best in the continent. They fear nobody but God and were once ranked on the top five of the best special forces in the world. Make no mistake don't rule our recces out, they might surprise you.

America whose intelligence agencies could not even detect and sense when the danger was coming, proved to the whole world that no matter how big and powerful a country may be, it does have its own infirmities. That story of David and Goliath in the bible is not just a tale but reality. South Africa is a small nation and surely any country that exchanges fire with us, no matter how big it is, even if we lost, that country will have some serious casualty to account. When I was in the military, I was always taught and reminded that numbers in war do not matter, what matters is the efficiency of weapon, art of war, musketery and fitness and infact large numbers only bring confusion and disorganisation. Our soldiers are trained to operate on their own, especially our paratroopers, that is why we are not secretive about our army because it will be very difficult to assess our strength. Knowing about our hardware does not put you in a better position to defeat us.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 07, 2013
agaugust: american super stealth warship USS INDEPENDENCE and her sister warship USS FREEDOM in full active service since january 16th 2010, sailing on high seas mission below. this warship is based at san diego naval base USA.

Its not a warship its a LCS (classified also as a small corvette). To few weapons systems fact.

You know nothing about warships other then what you google, you've never even sat foot on any military base yet nor at any military academy in your life maybe in ur hallucinationstongue

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:40am On Mar 07, 2013
Henry120:

You are a fat st*upid goat!!! And your weak insignificant brain relies on BEE to get a job as a cleaner in SA.

Crack head retar.d.

Nigerian soldiers, ratings with only secondary school certificate receive 130-160k a month, a house, free health care for himself and his family, and free education for his kids at the military schools.

Oh!! With that small money and how does he manage to cope? Nah man that money is way too small.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2013
Msauza:

Oh!! With that small money and how does he manage to cope? Nah man that money is way too small.
If you convert it to rands, its small ..dummy lipsrsealed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:03am On Mar 07, 2013
sheyie2007:
If you convert it to rands, its small ..dummy lipsrsealed

My foreign exchange calculator tells me at current the Rand cost 25 Naira to buy. Which means you will need 25 nairas to buy one rand.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EFCC1(m): 9:54am On Mar 07, 2013
Interesting thread...im getting addicted to it.
On a serious note SA will not n cannot defeat NGR in war
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 07, 2013
Msauza:

My foreign exchange calculator tells me at current the Rand cost 25 Naira to buy. Which means you will need 25 nairas to buy one rand.
Lol its 1 to 17, stop fooling yourself
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 10:24am On Mar 07, 2013
Guys Nigeria and india sign an air defense co-operation agreement yesterday, and the india defense minister said that Nigeria should name any area which it wanted assistance/colobration in and india will gladly coperatd . . . 4rm info gathered it seems the are interested in development of SAM's and this one below precisely . , no military journal has been able to give the exact number of blowpipe SAM's we have, some say 40 some say 48, most of them are using 1980-2001 figures, thats y we are being degraded! Even this SAM below is yet to be counted! . Yet the journals claim wrong values.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 07, 2013
Msauza:

You are an Id.I.ot. A rating, gets a house, free health, free education and about 18 thousand dollars a year. You ask how he manages to cope? He would have enough to feed, gift for his wife and children, and still have money to save at the end of the month.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:27am On Mar 07, 2013
sheyie2007:
Lol its 1 to 17, stop fooling yourself

Maybe our exchange rates are not the same because I have also tried it with the calculator of our local banks and the ABSA one corresponded with my calculations at 25.09. Other banks do not value Naira and I just get this message " not a trade currency" but I will just confirm it now when I go to the bank. Bureau de change is not the same, in Nigeria I might use my Rand for 17 Naira and in SA you might need 25 Nairas to buy one rand. The problem with this high fluctuations is that Naira is not a trade currency.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:31am On Mar 07, 2013
Henry120:

You are an Id.I.ot. A rating, gets a house, free health, free education and about 18 thousand dollars a year. You ask how he manages to cope? He would have enough to feed, gift for his wife and children, and still have money to save at the end of the month.

Still that is just a change. In SA with such a meagre salary you will suffer, especially if you are a family man. No wonder they look so poor, by the looks. I worked with few of them in DRC.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 07, 2013
Msauza:

Maybe our exchange rates are not the same because I have also tried it with the calculator of our local banks and the ABSA one corresponded with my calculations at 25.09. Other banks do not value Naira and I just get this message " not a trade currency" but I will just confirm it now when I go to the bank. Bureau de change is not the same, in Nigeria I might use my Rand for 17 Naira and in SA you might need 25 Nairas to buy one rand. The problem with this high fluctuations is that Naira is not a trade currency.
I'm using xe.com..its updated, dunno how accurate but thats my source
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 07, 2013
Msauza:

Still that is just a change. In SA with such a meagre salary you will suffer, especially if you are a family man. No wonder they look so poor, by the looks. I worked with few of them in DRC.
Those dudes look rugged not poor.. do you know the sort of training they go through? Even at the defense academy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 07, 2013
sheyie2007:
Those dudes look rugged not poor.. do you know the sort of training they go through? Even at the defense academy

So you saying they look scrappy with no regard for there personal hygiene. Even if are a soldier you should always look good especially without ur uniform.

Rugged is no excuse bro.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:50am On Mar 07, 2013
sheyie2007:

Lol!!! In deployment there is no time for training. You all are there to work, but does not mean that you must forget completely about your personal hygiene. I wonder if they do inspection every morning on parade. When you are a soldier, you must keep your standard, shine all those boots and iron your uniform, talk less of washing it. You must shower everyday to look like a soldier. In deployment does not mean that there is no water.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 07, 2013
Msauza:

In nigeria, it's not a lot of money, but you would not suffer. The soldier would still have at least 50k a month in savings. 1man, 1 wife and 2 kids. Nigerian soldiers do not look poor or hungry, they cannot, with the severance they get.

SA soldiers look like walking paedophiles, who are about to R.ap.e defenceless girls to their deaths.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 07, 2013
snydergp:

So you saying they look scrappy with no regard for there personal hygiene. Even if are a soldier you should always look good especially without ur uniform.

Rugged is no excuse bro.

My friend, shut the Fvck up. You keep making silly statements at every point.

The guy in the first photo can easily pass of for mr SA in a beauty contest

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
One more thing, you must also learn to deploy your military with all equipment, those guys they really struggled they did not have proper tents and their weapon looked greasy especially on the wooden butt of AK47. So it was difficult to even differentiate between a Nigerian and Congolese soldier. Our force when it deploys it carry along enough equipment, we sleep in weather heavens, the same ones that the US army are using when they are deployed and we use mobile showers as well. Those weather heaven are good I tell u, way far better than canvass tents.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
snydergp:

Rugged is no excuse bro.
Your soldiers rely on techies... dont compare them with nigrrian soldiers pls..apparently you're used to seeing their fat asss (SA army) when on duty tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2013
Msauza: One more thing, you must also learn to deploy your military with all equipment, those guys they really struggled they did not have proper tents and their weapon looked greasy especially on the wooden butt of AK47. So it was difficult to even differentiate between a Nigerian and Congolese soldier. Our force when it deploys it carry along enough equipment, we sleep in weather heavens, the same ones that the US army are using when the are deployed and use mobile showers. Those weather heaven are good I tell u, way far better than canvass tents.
a thousand of nigerian soldiers with that so called wooden butt ak47 will bring SA to a stand still .. cool

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
sheyie2007: a thousand of nigerian soldiers with that so called wooden butt ak47 will bring SA to a stand still .. cool

Oh really!!! But what about this;

1 SA recce = 1000 NGR soldiers that is our ratio;

That is 1:1000
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
Henry120:

In nigeria, it's not a lot of money, but you would not suffer. The soldier would still have at least 50k a month in savings. 1man, 1 wife and 2 kids. Nigerian soldiers do not look poor or hungry, they cannot, with the severance they get.

SA soldiers look like walking paedophiles, who are about to R.ap.e defenceless girls to their deaths.

Now I wonder why there were so many reports of r*pe by nigerian soldiers on UN peace missions including Sierra Leone and Liberia, not even talking about the starving issues and unpaid money to there soldiers in Mali.

Your own media including the guardian reported on this please go check it up, not even speaking about the infiltration of the BOKO BOYS in your security services, no wonder ur soldiers are notorious checkpoint gangsters there in Mali to hungry for the frontlinetongue.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
Henry120:

My friend, shut the Fvck up. You keep making silly statements at every point.

The guy in the first photo can easily pass of for mr SA in a beauty contest

Girrr!!! That tired goat, that boy looks smelly
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2013
Msauza:

Oh! Hell no. This is an obsession, America this America that. Aguagust, let me remind you that America with all its power and influence once suffered an embarrassing defeat at the hands of Sadam Husaine using a simple SA technology. It does not mean that America with all its stealth warships will claim an easy victory against SA. Of course they will have some serious mathematics to solve before they can defeat us. Let me remind you that SA has a strong formidable special forces called the recce whose weapons are unknown. They are a force on their own independent from our armies and they have a good track record and probably the best in the continent. They fear nobody but God and were once ranked on the top five of the best special forces in the world. Make no mistake don't rule our recces out, they might surprise you.

America whose intelligence agencies could not even detect and sense when the danger was coming, proved to the whole world that no matter how big and powerful a country may be, it does have its own infirmities. That story of David and Goliath in the bible is not just a tale but reality. South Africa is a small nation and surely any country that exchanges fire with us, no matter how big it is, even if we lost, that country will have some serious casualty to account. When I was in the military, I was always taught and reminded that numbers in war do not matter, what matters is the efficiency of weapon, art of war, musketery and fitness and infact large numbers only bring confusion and disorganisation. Our soldiers are trained to operate on their own, especially our paratroopers, that is why we are not secretive about our army because it will be very difficult to assess our strength. Knowing about our hardware does not put you in a better position to defeat us.

msauza your comment above shows how F00LISH the average south african man's brain can be.

america CANNOT suffer one single casualty from south africa, we just sit down in washington and launch 100 nuclear long range ballistic missile to 100 cities in south africa and roast it like chicken barbecue, then there will be no more country named south africa on the map of the world, we wipe it out completely in 5 minutes of nuclear warhead ICBM missile detonation.

see two nuclear weapons photos below and kiss your wife goodbye for the last time, america has dug a big grave to bury south africa.

the mentally d.iminished south africans are now saying they will defeat not only nigeria, but also that south african military will defeat american military. i am just getting to know that we have mentally d.eformed south africans on this forum. what a shame to their nation !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
sheyie2007:
Your soldiers rely on techies... dont compare them with nigrrian soldiers pls..apparently you're used to seeing their fat asss (SA army) when on duty tongue

Do see any tekkies on these fully equipped killing machines compared to those machete and AK-47 weilding checkpoint ill disciplined hooligans you call soldiers.

This is how soldiers should be equipped when on deployment

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2012

SANDF on the verge of collapse – So what’s new?

With dwindling budgets, an exodus of highly-skilled technical staff and reduced spending on training and equipment, the SA National Defence Force (SANDF) can barely meet its constitutional obligations, according to military experts. Military analyst Helmoed Heitman said that, if drastic action is not taken soon, in the next three years it will be beyond recovery. Retired admiral Chris Bennett said massive "poaching" of technical staff had led to numerous crises and that "our military, especially on the technical side, is being bled dry by both public and private industries, as well as by foreign militaries.” -- Read more at Times Live

This news comes as no surprise!

All South African forces, military and police, which are supposed to protect and defend the citizens of the country, started deteriorating

http://tia-mysoa..com/2012/09/sandf-on-verge-of-collapse-so-whats-new.html?m=1

South Africa’s Army has problems
18 May, 2012 - 11:53 - NonProfitBlogs
StrategyPage has an article discussing the reasons that South Africa's once formidable army has gone weak.

After the
1994 elections, the first to feature participation by all South Africans
(not just the whites), the military quickly turned into another form of
patronage. The word came down that the military was there to provide
jobs for political loyalists of the party in power. These men could be
dismissed only if they committed a serious crime ( murder,
kidnapping) and were otherwise untouchable and increasingly
undisciplined. Eventually most of the troops are too old, too sick or
too undisciplined to be effective soldiers. The government gets away
with this because South African has no neighbors that pose a military
threat.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
snydergp:

Its not a warship its a LCS (classified also as a small corvette). To few weapons systems fact.

You know nothing about warships other then what you google, you've never even sat foot on any military base yet nor at any military academy in your life maybe in ur hallucinationstongue

you cannot learn english language definitions , even if you live and sleep inside a school. empty skull snydergp. i just posted on page 80 the english definitions of warships, corvettes, frigates, LCI littoral combat,OPV all are used inter-changeably. if you have a dictionary of english language, try use it and avoid this public disgrace of a south african brain.

USS INDEPENDENCE ship IS 127m long you call it small, south african valour ship is 121m long you call it big. you drink much alcohol so early today?

the two nigerian navy stealth warships jointly being built by china and nigeria are light frigates 95m long, and i will soon post its photos and the wikipedia definition of the ships as frigates. i hope your south african alcohol will clear from your eyes by that time i post.

for the last time i will help save these south africans from their educational disgrace, go to my school below and read.....

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A frigate (pron.: /ˈfrɪɡɨt/) is any of several types of warship, the term having been used for ships of various sizes and roles over the last few centuries.

weblink source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frigate

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.