Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,090 members, 7,863,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:04 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (829) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4467584 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
swanky@vodamail:
that's a lie as of august Nigeria has 46 billion dollars in reserve and they lost 1.8 billion at the same time due to the deprecetion of the Naira while South Africa had 53 billion dollars in reserve so please stop lying to us and to the nigerian community

i studied government sector accounting in 400 level in nigerian university, there at least 4 different dollar cash reserves kept by nigerian government, the only one you know is the number 1, CBN general federal reserve account.

number 2, excess crude oil revenue account, number 3/4, a group of several different sovereign wealth accounts, all billions of dollars .

http://www.informationng.com/tag/excess-crude-oil-account
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria_Sovereign_Investment_Authority

nigeria has total of about $60 billion dollars cash reserves for any emergency, more than what south africa's $40 billion.

south africa is also heavily indebted in dollars to foreign creditors, about $40 billion. nigeria owes less than $8 billion.

nigeria is the richest country in africa in terms of mineral wealth reserve, congo DRC comes second to nigeria. proved on this forum before.

for you to lecture me in government finance, you need to read all the accounting books i have read grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
swanky@vodamail:
Fact south africa did not go there to fight anyone they were not mandated to fight anyone they were there to train the CAR soldiers

...FACT is that south african army is afraid of death and refused to go back and fight Seleka rebels in CAR because they know it will turn into a jungle/guerrilla warfare and thousands of south african soldiers will die, go read war history of jungle battles.

swanky@vodamail:
you think Seleka can beat South Africa in an open war, your heart of Heart say no but just because your pride won't allow you to admit it.

same way you south africans say boko haram will defeat nigerian army in an open war. tit for tat, do me i do you , God no go vex grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by swankyvodamail: 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
agaugust:

i studied government sector accounting in 400 level in nigerian university, there at least 4 different dollar cash reserves kept by nigerian government, the only one you know is the number 1, CBN general federal reserve account.

number 2, excess crude oil revenue account, numbers 3 to 4, a group of several different sovereign wealth accounts, all in billions of dollars .

nigeria has total of about $60 billion dollars cash reserves for any emergency, more than what south africa's $40 billion.

south africa is also heavily indebted in dollars to foreign creditors, about $40 billion. nigeria owes less than $8 billion.

nigeria is the richest country in africa in terms of mineral wealth reserve, congo DRC comes second to nigeria. proved on this forum before.

for you to lecture me in government finance, you need to read all the accounting books i have read grin
come on augugust please stop peddling lies on these tread its official as of August your had 46 billion dollars and South Africa had 53 billion dollars go to your Newspaper THISDAY and read it yourself
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by swankyvodamail: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
agaugust:

...FACT is that south african army is afraid of death and refused to go back and fight Seleka rebels in CAR because they know it will turn into a jungle/guerrilla warfare and thousands of south african soldiers will die, go read war history of jungle battles.

same way you south africans say boko haram will defeat nigerian army in an open war. tit for tat, do me i do you , God no go vex grin

So who is fighting in DRC as we speak some of the soldiers were in CAR unless you want to tell us that the Republic did not send any soldiers to fight the M23 yet you come here and claim that they are afraid to fight grow up man stop reasoning like a child for once
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
swanky@vodamail:
come on augugust please stop peddling lies on these tread its official as of August your had 46 billion dollars and South Africa had 53 billion dollars go to your Newspaper THISDAY and read it yourself

Well, the biggest lie is that he "studied government sector accounting".

He says he studied accounting and then he proceeds to make a "public finance" argument. You know you're dealing with an uneducated dreamer when psychology and psychiatry are suddenly the same thing.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
swanky@vodamail:

i have a BSc degree in Accounting, with experience in a world class Audit firm. THISDAY newpaper man is NOT equal to my qualifications, all he did was copy and paste journalism.

the sources i quoted above proves me right, nigeria has FOUR DIFFERENT DOLLAR CASH RESERVE ACCOUNTS, fact !!!

http://www.cenbank.org/Intops/ReserveMgmt.asp
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
CraigB:

Well, the biggest lie is that he "studied government sector accounting".

He says he studied accounting and then he proceeds to make a "public finance" argument. You know you're dealing with an uneducated dreamer when psychology and psychiatry are suddenly the same thing.

you are a white-man with less education than a black man...it hurts your over-bloated ego.

BSc Accounting in nigeria, we all study Government sector accounting for at least one year, 300 level or 400 level.

nigerian education is better than south africa's , your 33% brains are almost empty....like a coconut shell shocked

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by swankyvodamail: 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
agaugust:

Show me were in these tread where did we say BH will beat NA in an open war then I will rest my case the only thing we said is NA cannot contain BH in their backyard
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mike..ZA:
It seems like you're suffering from some rare brain disorder. Countries that lost wars have experience,ask the British when they went back to Iraq. The Iraqis learnt from the 1991 war how to protect their tanks against air strikes. Answer this is Angola,Cuba,SWAPO under the advice of the USSR an easy foe?......Cuba didn't need experience all they needed was troops,cause the USSR supplied them with quality latest systems. Both Cameron and Chad don't or didn't have an weapons industry or an ally to supply them with Tanks,jets,APCs and artillery...Ask the Cubans maybe what happened when they meet South Africans during the Battle of cassinga......Soon you gonna have tp ask how many rebels have the Rooivalks killed,cause as of yesterdays atleast one helo was in Goma.

Chad and Cameroon were always supplied with France's weapons, go google their military equipment, almost all French weapons.

Nigerian amry used ordinary Scorpion light tanks to chase Chad's national army into their own country 50 km deep, Chad's army has anti-tank weapons that they used against Libya in war.

Nigeria never used Jets, artillery, or heavy tanks against our fellow black brothers, we only show our sharp teeth and they run.....we dont bite them too hard, or else they will die...same way south africa too will die grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
zaandrew:

What do you mean guarantee. Our pilots probaly get more air time than your broke nastions. I mean last year NAF grounded all F7s.

Come now,be sensible,do you mean you don't hear about our Alpha jets being deployed in Mali? What of boko haram? ;almost every week? Even Rka1 just gave you info today!!What of our Attack helo pilots flying,you don't hear about them?Compare that to SA? Where are your famed jets?Are they in the DRC?

http://politicsweb.co.za/politicsweb/view/politicsweb/en/page71654?oid=401227&sn=Detail&pid=71616

The following messages were sent to SANDU by soldiers currently in the DRC, there are concerns that are being raised by our troops contradicting statements by SANDF management and even that of The Commander in chief President Jacob Zuma. The identity of the members are being strictly withheld to protect them from discrimination and prejudice.

The following is a direct statement from the members involved in the DRC.

"Expect the bad news, todays engagement are increasing the number of casualties. We were promised that rooivalks will be deployed now our members are in the frontline. Where are our Gripens and rooivalks? What did SA learn from BoB (CAR)."

"Expect bad news, more casualties. No Gripen or rooivalk as promised before the commencement of the mission. Engagements continue. What is meant by less learnt in Bangui, if we still do the same mistake."

This is the feeling of our troops in DRC.

SANDU and all it's members through out South Africa, would like to wish the injured in the DRC a speedy recovery. To those fighting M23 rebels, Godspeed and good luck, your bravery is an inspiration to us all.

To the South African public, we ask that you Back our troops, and support them, they need our support. Keep their families in your thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
swanky@vodamail:
Show me were in these tread where did we say BH will beat NA in an open war then I will rest my case the only thing we said is NA cannot contain BH in their backyard

You have not contained poachers yet.!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
drag_on:

Take that up with our department of environmental affairs. They lead the effort and determine who does what.

Your military has a full state of emergency (therefore, autonomy) and resources to back it up.

Weak argument re: poachers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by swankyvodamail: 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
drag_on:

I said show me in these tread were did we say BH can beat NA in an open war please show us
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
agaugust:

you are a white-man with less education than a black man...it hurts your over-bloated ego.

BSc Accounting in nigeria, we all study Government sector accounting for at least one year, 300 level or 400 level.

nigerian education is better than south africa's , your 33% brains are almost empty....like a coconut shell shocked

You don't know what my education level is. That argument alone exposes your delusions.

But seeing as you asked, I'm a qualified attorney with an LLM and an MBA. I work and live in the US where I'm on temporary assignment.

All your rubbish is immediately apparent to me. You've been in Austin to see the military headquarters but that's about it. You don't live here and your arguments prove it. I live in Texas and you can't tell me anything and you can't lie it me about "working for a military research company" here. That's rubbish.

You wish you were educated but unfortunately, you aren't.

Accounting is not finance. You made a finance argument and called it accounting. You claim to have an MBA, yet you don't know the difference between finance and accounting.

As for your claims to American citizenship - argument for another day.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by swankyvodamail: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
drag_on:

Who said we had not contain poachers I can see you are talking from an ingnorant point of few
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
agaugust:

i have a BSc degree in Accounting, with experience in a world class Audit firm.

Ja right.

You're a jack-of-all-trades and you're 32. Pull the other one. Red yellow showed us that you are 40+ year-old dreamer stuck in Abuja and Lagos. But he didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. You arguments alone show us you aren't half what you dream you are. Just give us arguments and content; and leave your "qualifications" out of it. That won't make your arguments any stronger.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
drag_on:

Come now,be sensible,do you mean you don't hear about our Alpha jets being deployed in Mali? What of boko haram? ;almost every week? Even Rka1 just gave you info today!!What of our Attack helo pilots flying,you don't hear about them?Compare that to SA? Where are your famed jets?Are they in the DRC?

http://politicsweb.co.za/politicsweb/view/politicsweb/en/page71654?oid=401227&sn=Detail&pid=71616

The following messages were sent to SANDU by soldiers currently in the DRC, there are concerns that are being raised by our troops contradicting statements by SANDF management and even that of The Commander in chief President Jacob Zuma. The identity of the members are being strictly withheld to protect them from discrimination and prejudice.

The following is a direct statement from the members involved in the DRC.

"Expect the bad news, todays engagement are increasing the number of casualties. We were promised that rooivalks will be deployed now our members are in the frontline. Where are our Gripens and rooivalks? What did SA learn from BoB (CAR)."

"Expect bad news, more casualties. No Gripen or rooivalk as promised before the commencement of the mission. Engagements continue. What is meant by less learnt in Bangui, if we still do the same mistake."

This is the feeling of our troops in DRC.

SANDU and all it's members through out South Africa, would like to wish the injured in the DRC a speedy recovery. To those fighting M23 rebels, Godspeed and good luck, your bravery is an inspiration to us all.

To the South African public, we ask that you Back our troops, and support them, they need our support. Keep their families in your thoughts.

first point, what is your point. i did not say NAF did not fly.

seconded point, DRC is a un opersation so the UN chooses what is needed not SA. And irt was menstioned the un does not see the need for any combat aircraft. there are zero combat aircraft in the UN deployed to the DRC. how ever the un wanted more attack choopers so we sent them rooivalk.

FARDC does have a air force and they are providing CAS unlike mali
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
drag_on:

Enjoy:
http://news.howzit.msn.com/top-news/more-than-100-rhinos-poached-in-october
http://www.savetherhino.org/latest_news/news/825_rhino_poaching_hits_790_in_south_africa_this_year

You're wasting your time. The anti-poaching programme is not owned by the military. You're barking up the wrong tree.

And poaching is not an insurgency anyway. It's illicit trade and a crime.

You attempts at diversion fail. You have a state of emergency and have the right to limit citizens' basic rights. You have deployed your military in full and have military autonomy in the affected states. Yet, you fail. undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
zaandrew:

first point, what is your point. i did not say NAF did not fly.

seconded point, DRC is a un opersation so the UN chooses what is needed not SA. And irt was menstioned the un does not see the need for any combat aircraft. there are zero combat aircraft in the UN deployed to the DRC. how ever the un wanted more attack choopers so we sent them rooivalk.

FARDC does have a air force and they are providing CAS unlike mali

FIRST :You said your pilots have more air time than ours grin FALSE'
SECOND: Your president promised your soilders air support,but ,it never came cause the U.N. will not pay for the Air-support grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 5:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
CraigB:

You're wasting your time. The anti-poaching programme is not owned by the military. You're barking up the wrong tree.

And poaching is not an insurgency anyway. It's illicit trade and a crime.

You attempts at diversion fail. You have a state of emergency and have the right to limit citizens' basic rights. You have deployed your military in full and have military autonomy in the affected states. Yet, you fail. undecided

SANDF And Poaching:
http://www.ecr.co.za/post/sandf-to-fight-tembe-park-poaching/
http://www.savetherhino.org/latest_news/news/325_south_africa_wages_war_against_ruthless_poachers
http://www.dod.mil.za/operations/poaching/rhino.htm

Unfortunately, some are involved in poaching undecided
http://www.looklocal.co.za/looklocal/content/en/lowveld/lowveld-news-general?oid=7747891&sn=Detail&pid=490169&SANDF-member-and-another-accused-in-court-for-poaching
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 5:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
drag_on:

SANDF And Poaching:
http://www.ecr.co.za/post/sandf-to-fight-tembe-park-poaching/
http://www.savetherhino.org/latest_news/news/325_south_africa_wages_war_against_ruthless_poachers
http://www.dod.mil.za/operations/poaching/rhino.htm

Unfortunately, some are involved in poaching undecided
http://www.looklocal.co.za/looklocal/content/en/lowveld/lowveld-news-general?oid=7747891&sn=Detail&pid=490169&SANDF-member-and-another-accused-in-court-for-poaching

I repeat: the anti-poaching programme is not owned by the military. The Programme is owned by the ministry of environmental affairs. The ministry determines who does what.

Being "involved" as a resource is one thing. "Leading" the Programme is quite another. Your military leads the anti-boko haram Programme, has a state of emergency to back it up and has full autonomy.

You have failed to make your case because you overlooked a crucial distinguishing factor.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
CraigB:

I repeat: the anti-poaching programme is not owned by the military. The Programme is owned by the ministry of environmental affairs. The ministry determines who does what.

Being "involved" as a resource is one thing. "Leading" the Programme is quite another. Your military leads the anti-boko haram Programme, has a state of emergency to back it up and has full autonomy.

You have failed to make your case because you overlooked a crucial distinguishing factor.

Cry all you like,your military cant beat back poachers,instead the poachers out smart them.If you cant deal with poachers do you really think you have a prayer against an islamic insurgency?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
drag_on:

Cry all you like,your military cant beat back poachers,instead the poachers out smart them.If you cant deal with poachers do you really think you have a prayer against an islamic insurgency?

Our military does not lead the anti-poaching effort. You tried to argue against the simple fact and you clearly have given up. You now want you try another angle. Be my guest. The point will continue to stand in your way and will frustrate your attempts at diversion.

You lead in Naai-geria and have failed yourselves, your people and all of africa.

Our military is being led in South Africa. Take your complaint up with the leader - the minister of environmental affairs - and be happy.

Diversion plan detailed. cry
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
drag_on:

FIRST :You said your pilots have more air time than ours grin FALSE'
SECOND: Your president promised your soilders air support,but ,it never came cause the U.N. will not pay for the Air-support grin grin grin

Saaf has a higher operasniol budget. So how is that false.

There is air support. Rooivalk were sent.

Back in augast when the fighting was taking place the FIB was not operastional hence no air support.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nigerian Army Refurbishes 35mm anti-aircraft Guns

31 Oct 2013

Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika

The Chief of Army Staff Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, has commended 31 Artillery Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Minna, for using locally fabricated spare parts to refurbish its unserviceable 35mm anti-aircraft guns.

Ihejirika made the commendation on Thursday at Kachia Military Range in Kaduna soon after witnessing the test firing of the guns imported into the country in 1979 from Switzerland.
``I am here today to witness the test firing of 35mm anti-aircraft guns recently repaired by the 31 artillery brigade using local resources.

``I urge you to maintain the tempo of transformation and high standard. During the test firing we witnessed today, I observed that the guns fired consistently without missing targets,’’ he said.
Ihejirika, represented at the occasion by Maj.-Gen. Emmanuel Bassey, the Army’s Director of Policy and Planning, lauded the ongoing transformation agenda of the Nigerian Army.

He said that the agenda, in the areas of manpower development and maintenance of equipment, were key factors in building the capacity of the Army to meet current and future challenges.
He expressed optimism that the Nigerian Army would be transformed into a force that would meet contemporary challenges of defending the country.

``It is, therefore, pleasing to see in concrete terms the manifestation of this in the Nigeria Army today,’’ he noted.

He said that in its efforts to enhance command and communication within its divisions, the Nigerian Army early this year, designed multimedia surveillance vehicles and mobile antenna for urban communication.

The Chief of Army Staff said the Nigerian Army also used local content to manufacture bomb dictators and other operational equipment.

[b]He commended the Headquarters of the Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery, Kontagora, for providing technical support to the brigade for the repairs of the guns.
Earlier, Maj.-Gen. Hussani Abayomi, Commander, Nigeria Army Corps of Artillery, Kontagora, said that the twin barreled guns were capable of engaging aerial and ground targets up to the ranges of 6, 500 metres and 4, 000 metres, respectively.

[/b]He said the rate of fire of each gun was 500 rounds per minute per barrel, adding that the guns became unserviceable since 2002. (NAN)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
drag_on:

Hundreds of poachers have been captuerd. But since rhino horn costs more than gold. So there are all ways more poor mozibquens to walk accross the border. How ever SA still has the highest number of Rhinos in the world.

The milltary does not do anti poaching, it does border patrols in the kruger nastional park. They cover a small area of ground in a area of land the size of israle.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
zaandrew:

Saaf has a higher operasniol budget. So how is that false.

There is air support. Rooivalk were sent.

Back in augast when the fighting was taking place the FIB was not operastional hence no air support.

yeah sure,we know who has a higher operational budget,(that say nothing by the way)but we also know which countrys' airforce has been active in operations and dropping munitions
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
zaandrew:

Hundreds of poachers have been captuerd. But since rhino horn costs more than gold. So there are all ways more poor mozibquens to walk accross the border. How ever SA still has the highest number of Rhinos in the world.

The milltary does not do anti poaching, it does border patrols in the kruger nastional park. They cover a small area of ground in a area of land the size of israle.

Thats my point @ swanky@vodamail,hundreds of boko haram islamists have been killed/captured,but because they dont care about their lives they keep coming. Containing insurgents dressed as civilians in an assymetrical war in an area as massive as North east Nigeria is no mean feat.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
CraigB:

The "killing of boko haram" fighters has been announced since the early days of the state of emergency. That tired "story" doesn't wash anymore - assuming it ever did. We all know nothing announced can be independently verified anyway. shocked

Even your announcement of Shekau's "death" has failed to prove your military competent.

Fact is you're stuck in the abyss that's an internal insurgency. A small-scale war of sorts and you can't even dream of being useful in Africa at this point.

When the thread started, your claim to glory was your "usefulness" in other African countries. Well, let's hear you try that again - after you get over the minor issue of abandoned missions in Mali and Darfur. And the minor issue of insurgents that have no fear of your military inside its own sovereign land. cry

Just to show what a BH sympathiser you are. Nobody cares what you think, you quote newspaper sources that are not verified and you claim the same.

Shekau is dead and nothing you can say or do will change that. Do you know what it takes to fight an insurgency?

Thousands of BH terrorists have been killed, hence they announced for assistance from other fundamentalists earlier this year.

There are documented cases of Shuwa Arabs being killed as well as Nigerien, Malian, Chadian and Cameroonian jihadists.

So please, go and spout your nonsense elsewhere. People in the know know what successes are being recorded.

Your comment about Mali and Darfur is not worth responding to. You obviously have not been reading this thread tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
drag_on:

Thats my point @ swanky@vodamail,hundreds of boko haram islamists have been killed/captured,but because they dont care about their lives they keep coming. Containing insurgents dressed as civilians in an assymetrical war in an area as massive as North east Nigeria is no mean feat.

You have a state of emergency. The state of emergency has an objective. It can't last forever. The objective hasn't been met. It goes without saying that some BH members will be killed and captured. But that won't allow you to lift the state of emergency, will it? You have failed and continue to fail everyday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.