Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1305607 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:45am On Jan 30, 2019
RalphJean:

My Brother...
Between serving Queen and Country

Vs

BuhariArmy (python Dance, Crocodile Smile, Lafiya Dole, Harbin Kunama, Safe Heaven etc)

Which one better?

Let me think for a little while...... Would reply you on 19/02/2019......... grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Daminovic: 1:15am On Jan 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You have not mentioned the type of help you require?....

Is not ssomething big like that .How can i message you personally? if you don't mind
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:54am On Jan 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You have not mentioned the type of help you require?....
Help him give a shout out to Theresa May

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:55am On Jan 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Even if its true..... Would you be tempted to go serve for queen and country?.....
lol, imagine they post him to serve in nigeria still...lol

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:57am On Jan 30, 2019
Daminovic:

Is not ssomething big like that .How can i message you personally? if you don't mind

If you message me personally and I cannot assist you. Others willing to help, might be deprived the opportunity...

Post it openly, so anyone willing to offer assistance can render..........

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:57am On Jan 30, 2019
DaveChapelle:
lol, imagine they post him to serve in nigeria still...lol

Haba......... Full circle b dat nah....... Back to sender.... tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Daminovic: 2:44am On Jan 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If you message me personally and I cannot assist you. Others willing to help, might be deprived the opportunity...

Post it openly, so anyone willing to offer assistance can render..........

Okay. Am into admob ads but my progress has been stalled by lack of efficiency of Nigeria postal code which made it very difficult to receive my pin verification so i don't have any other opportunity than to create another account this time Uk account to fasten my pin verification. So am looking for anybody who's willing to help me with correct uk address and that person will also help me receive and send my pin to me. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:54am On Jan 30, 2019
Daminovic:

Okay. Am into admob ads but my progress has been stalled by lack of efficiency of Nigeria postal code which made it very difficult to receive my pin verification so i don't have any other opportunity than to create another account this time Uk account to fasten my pin verification. So am looking for anybody who's willing to help me with correct uk address and that person will also help me receive and send my pin to me. Thanks

We have been down this road before with someone else previously......

Nobody would be willing to drop their address and post code, for a completely unknown stranger....... People have heard of evil deeds people try to commit, after rendering such favours......

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Daminovic: 7:00am On Jan 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

We have been down this road before with someone else previously......

Nobody would be willing to drop their address and post code, for a completely unknown stranger....... People have heard of evil deeds people try to commit, after rendering such favours......

oh!! That's very bad ooo. I understand better sire but am not like that though it will be very difficult convinced based on my level of anonymity but since i don't have any devilish ideas ,have told you b4 i won't have resorted to this assuming the country postal services is effective. But this is just a pin which you can see online the way it looks like. But i understood your points however i will be able beat my chest that am not like others and you wont regret it either if willing to help. thanks a lot for your responses.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 9:10am On Jan 30, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Rarely possible in 6months thb.
True
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:48am On Jan 30, 2019
Daminovic:

oh!! That's very bad ooo. I understand better sire but am not like that though it will be very difficult convinced based on my level of anonymity but since i don't have any devilish ideas ,have told you b4 i won't have resorted to this assuming the country postal services is effective. But this is just a pin which you can see online the way it looks like. But i understood your points however i will be able beat my chest that am not like others and you wont regret it either if willing to help. thanks a lot for your responses.

But there are people who have received their PIN verification in Nigeria. I think...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by firpemi(f): 10:16am On Jan 30, 2019
if i buy let say shirts from a clothing merchant and have them deliver to your address in uk will you still charge E4 per kg + E15 handling fee?
Mamatukwas:

Yes Sir. £4 per kg + £15 handling fee to deliver to your door in Lagos. Pickup can be arranged at a fee. It becomes free when the items to be sent weigh a considerable amount.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Daminovic: 10:19am On Jan 30, 2019
RalphJean:

But there are people who have received their PIN verification in Nigeria. I think...

Yes but it has been very hard for me due to my Justin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 11:02am On Jan 30, 2019
These days Nigerians are very desperate and will result to any kind of tricks to survive.

Its very dangerous to give your address to anyone you are not familiar with to send items to. Some people could use a stolen credit card to purchase items online and send to your address. So be vey careful.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2019
Another Briton with a Nigerian-sounding name embarrasses us.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
RalphJean:

A lawyer for that matter? sad sad sad sad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
RalphJean:

A lawyer for that matter? sad sad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
Rubyventures:

A lawyer for that matter? sad sad

A sitting MP for that matter, she stuck to the usual lie of no be me drive am
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
I beg na who don take paternity leave before and how much be the payment.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 10:03pm On Jan 30, 2019
When I took mine, it felt like normal annual leave with same pay at the end of the month. Could vary though

Phenmeson:
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 10:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
Phenmeson:

It’s £145.18 per week or 90% of your weekly earnings. Which ever one is less. It’s for 2 weeks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 11:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
marylandcakes:

It’s £145.18 per week or 90% of your weekly earnings. Which ever one is less. It’s for 2 weeks.

It’s £145.18 per week or 90% of your weekly earnings. Which ever one is less. I prefer to return back after a week because £145 doesn't even cover my council tax

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 11:50pm On Jan 30, 2019
Phenmeson:

It’s £145.18 per week or 90% of your weekly earnings. Which ever one is less. I prefer to return back after a week because £145 doesn't even cover my council tax

That’s the reason a lot of people don’t bother taking it , but they are a lot of companies that give their employees full pay.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by firpemi(f): 11:36am On Jan 31, 2019
@mamatukwas
firpemi:
if i buy let say shirts from a clothing merchant and have them deliver to your address in uk will you still charge E4 per kg + E15 handling fee?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2019
Since doctors are leaving Nigeria to come here, I think the good doctors have finished in Nigeria already grin

Anyway, I want to bring a family member here for better medical care, which I intend to pay for. The person has done a bone operation doubtlessly in Nigeria and it’s still not fixed (I think he had Blounts). I believe he will get better medical care here, so I want him to come then I’ll pay.

Is this possible in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
Phenmeson:

Damn that’s crappy money o. So that’s what they will pay a woman after she gives birth? grin I don’t understand, why not the full salary?

This is going to make people not to take the maternity or paternity. What if that’s someone’s daily salary, they will now pay the person that for a week?

Nawa, they really don’t want people to have children in this country grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:02pm On Jan 31, 2019
Aphrodite007:
Since doctors are leaving Nigeria to come here, I think the good doctors have finished in Nigeria already grin

Anyway, I want to bring a family member here for better medical care, which I intend to pay for. The person has done a bone operation doubtlessly in Nigeria and it’s still not fixed (I think he had Blounts). I believe he will get better medical care here, so I want him to come then I’ll pay.

Is this possible in the UK?

The NHS take private patients and you also have some private clinic/ hospitals as well but it is very VERY VERY expensive so make sure you are fully aware of the cost before you start that waka

One of my friend came from naija to treat breast cancer , if you compare the cost compared to India it was a lot so do your research well

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Damn that’s crappy money o. So that’s what they will pay a woman after she gives birth? grin I don’t understand, why not the full salary?

This is going to make people not to take the maternity or paternity. What if that’s someone’s daily salary, they will now pay the person that for a week?

It depends on what type of employment contract you have.... I only do contract work (i dont have power for office politics as a permanent ) so I only got SMP during my maternity which is that amount. It was a joke really grin. What can you do with that

However people who are permanent can get up to 90 percent of that salary for some months even as high as 26weeks before it goes to this small amount. Each company maternity policy is different so best to check

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2019
Aphrodite007:

I blame myself for even making the enquiry from my company. I was given 2weeks but have decided to cancel a week because £145 before tax and N.I na crap and not enough to survive
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
You guys are not romantic. Money is not everything,you know? wink
1st child one I took 1 week paternity, second child I took 2 weeks (I got 1 week full pay and the second was statutory.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2019
LagosismyHome:

The NHS take private patients and you also have some private clinic/ hospitals as well but it is very VERY VERY expensive so make sure you are fully aware of the cost before you start that waka

One of my friend came from naija to treat breast cancer , if you compare the cost compared to India it was a lot so do your research well

God bless you plenty kiss
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
dustydee:
You guys are not romantic. Money is not everything,you know? wink
1st child one I took 1 week paternity, second child I took 2 weeks (I got 1 week full pay and the second was statutory.

We are not romantic grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.