Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1305630 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 12:07am On Feb 01, 2019
This idea of work work work sha. Untop everything, one can't afford to go on paternity leave and not stress about money.

I'm taking every leave this year. Both maternity and paternity and childinity grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ab4m: 5:31am On Feb 01, 2019
If you have genuine intention, there is no way you won't receive your pin in Nigeria. I receive pin from Google using my address in Nigeria except you are part of those people that use 234 as their postal code. Google your area for correct postal code, if you leave in remote area, it will be delivered to your nearest post office.

Meanwhile, if you insist on UK address, do your research there are companies that give you a virtual address and will send you your pin, simple.

Daminovic:

Okay. Am into admob ads but my progress has been stalled by lack of efficiency of Nigeria postal code which made it very difficult to receive my pin verification so i don't have any other opportunity than to create another account this time Uk account to fasten my pin verification. So am looking for anybody who's willing to help me with correct uk address and that person will also help me receive and send my pin to me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Daminovic: 7:21am On Feb 01, 2019
ab4m:
If you have genuine intention, there is no way you won't receive your pin in Nigeria. I receive pin from Google using my address in Nigeria except you are part of those people that use 234 as their postal code. Google your area for correct postal code, if you leave in remote area, it will be delivered to your nearest post office.

Meanwhile, if you insist on UK address, do your research there are companies that give you a virtual address and will send you your pin, simple.

can you tell me more about this virtual address
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 10:30am On Feb 01, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Damn that’s crappy money o. So that’s what they will pay a woman after she gives birth? grin I don’t understand, why not the full salary?

This is going to make people not to take the maternity or paternity. What if that’s someone’s daily salary, they will now pay the person that for a week?

Nawa, they really don’t want people to have children in this country grin

A woman gets 90% of her Salary for the first six weeks and then this amount for the remainder.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 11:15am On Feb 01, 2019
Phenmeson:
I beg na who don take paternity leave before and how much be the payment.

Took 2weeks + 1 extra week, full pay like nothing happened! grin

Women dey enjoy o- Full 12months off and still got annual leave on top and got tax refunds somehow somehow
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:43am On Feb 01, 2019
marylandcakes:

A woman gets 90% of her Salary for the first six weeks and then this amount for the remainder.
It is statutory from week one except your employer decides to top it up.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2019
dustydee:

It is statutory from week one except your employer decides to top it up.

It’s the statutory amount that I’m quoting.

Statutory Maternity Pay ( SMP ) is paid for up to 39 weeks. You get: 90% of your average weekly earnings (before tax) for the first 6 weeks. £145.18 or 90% of your average weekly earnings (whichever is lower) for the next 33 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2019
marylandcakes:

It’s the statutory amount that I’m quoting.

Statutory Maternity Pay ( SMP ) is paid for up to 39 weeks. You get: 90% of your average weekly earnings (before tax) for the first 6 weeks. £145.18 or 90% of your average weekly earnings (whichever is lower) for the next 33 weeks.
Thank you for the clarification. I actually thought it was statutory right from the start. Not bad then.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 4:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
dustydee:

Thank you for the clarification. I actually thought it was statutory right from the start. Not bad then.

It is the statutory minimum requirement for all employers as long as you have worked in the company long enough to be be eligible for it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2019
You will need to have worked for your employer continuously for 26weeks before the 15weeks leading to the birth of the baby.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2019
The slow wheel of justice, is slowly but surely moving....

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2019
DisGuy:

Took 2weeks + 1 extra week, full pay like nothing happened! grin

Women dey enjoy o- Full 12months off and still got annual leave on top and got tax refunds somehow somehow

I was told mine will be £145 per week. I no get interest again. I dash dem d dough
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olioxx(m): 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2019
Inkredible:
Childinity grin grin grin
. . I gbadun this ya innglesh.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by smilz(m): 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
Good day house!
Please what's the allowed kg for carry on luggage on British airways. Some say 7kg, on their site I'm seeing 23kg. I'm a bit confused.

Secondly, can I travel with indomie? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2019
Hello,

Carry on should be 7kg i think....

Yes you can travel with Indomie but the quantity is what i don't know, i think a reasonable number that wouldn't make anyone think you wana go sell it thereby evading duty payments...

smilz:
Good day house!
Please what's the allowed kg for carry on luggage on British airways. Some say 7kg, on their site I'm seeing 23kg. I'm a bit confused.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:50pm On Feb 02, 2019
smilz:
Good day house!

British airways has started selling hand baggage only ticket. This is different from standard economy which is 2 bags of 23kg and 1 hand luggage of about 7 - 10kg

For those ticket that are hand luggage only I think it 23kg but you need to check or call the airline
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:52pm On Feb 02, 2019
LagosismyHome:

British airways have started selling hand baggage only ticket. This is different from standard economy which is 2 bags of 23kg and 1 hand luggage of about 7 - 10kg

For those ticket that are hand luggage only I think it 23kg but you need to check or call the airline

Why not just fly KLM, while sticking the middle finger up to BA................... grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2019
firpemi:
if i buy let say shirts from a clothing merchant and have them deliver to your address in uk will you still charge E4 per kg + E15 handling fee?

Yes Sir we will. Content irrespective, Every shipment is weighed and billed and dropped at your door in Nigeria as agreed.

For all other enquiries on this, kindly call or WhatsApp 07710830230. Thank you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2019
firpemi:
@mamatukwas

Responded Sir.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by smilz(m): 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2019
LagosismyHome:

British airways have started selling hand baggage only ticket. This is different from standard economy which is 2 bags of 23kg and 1 hand luggage of about 7 - 10kg

Okay. Thanks. Just spoke with them, they said 23kg as carry on

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by smilz(m): 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Why not just fly KLM, while sticking the middle finger up to BA................... grin

Lol
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:10pm On Feb 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Who get power for change change tongue...

direct all the way
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:51pm On Feb 02, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Who get power for change change tongue...

direct all the way

Who get time for the tedious M25/M4 drive, while London City Airport is almost under my pillow........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:40am On Feb 03, 2019
Aphrodite007:
Since doctors are leaving Nigeria to come here, I think the good doctors have finished in Nigeria already grin

Anyway, I want to bring a family member here for better medical care, which I intend to pay for. The person has done a bone operation doubtlessly in Nigeria and it’s still not fixed (I think he had Blounts). I believe he will get better medical care here, so I want him to come then I’ll pay.

Is this possible in the UK?

Better get a quote first, might be looking at spending £10k-£20k range...Not reallyworth it, there are an odd one or two good hospitals in Nigeria, if you know where to look!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 4:35am On Feb 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Who get time for the tedious M25/M4 drive, while London City Airport is almost under my pillow........... grin

Me too, I use London city cos I don’t like stress. Nice and easy less than 10mins drive to the Airport.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:51am On Feb 03, 2019
marylandcakes:

Me too, I use London city cos I don’t like stress. Nice and easy less than 10mins drive to the Airport.

Have another LCY appointment to keep in 2 weeks......... Those that love direct should keep flying directly........

BA & KLM arrives MMH minutes apart...... So long for direct flights............... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by teehamzat(m): 8:17am On Feb 03, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 11:12am On Feb 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Have another LCY appointment to keep in 2 weeks......... Those that love direct should keep flying directly........

BA & KLM arrives MMH minutes apart...... So long for direct flights............... wink

Not to talk about the long queues at immigration Heathrow

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Heritagee: 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
I'm on tier 2 visa and planning to apply for my mum as I'm expecting a child. I want her to come around for support. I've only spent 5 months in UK. I want to fully sponsor the trip.
I intend to submit these documents
*Coverletter that will explain our relationship and that I will fully sponsor the trip
*5 months bank statement (Can I print out the online statement or must it be stamped by the bank?)
*5 months payslip
*Tenancy agreement
*1 month utility bill (I've been staying in a shared apartment)
*Receipts of money sent to her since I came to UK
*Her bank statement (just stipends sent every month by children)
*My BRP and passport data page

Like how much should I have in my account as the closing balance? It's my salary account and I have less than 2k in it. Can I transfer more money into this account, will it raise an eyebrow?
What other documents will I need?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Heritagee: 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2019
My husband's and son's application is still ongoing. Can I concurrently apply for my mum? I really need them around during the delivery
NB: The address I'll use for my mum will be different as I've just moved to a new house. Hope this won't affect the application?
Heritagee:
I'm on tier 2 visa and planning to apply for my mum as I'm expecting a child. I want her to come around for support. I've only spent 5 months in UK. I want to fully sponsor the trip.
*Coverletter that will explain our relationship and that I will fully sponsor the trip
*5 months bank statement (Can I print out the online statement or must it be stamped by the bank?)
*5 months payslip
*Tenancy agreement

Like how much should I have in my account as the closing balance? It's my salary account and I have less than 2k in it. Can I transfer more money into this account, will it raise an eyebrow?

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 4:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
Heritagee:
*5 months payslip
*Tenancy agreement

The major things the entry clearance officer looks out for are
1. Can you sponsor the trip, that includes her flight ticket to and fro, her accommodation during the period of stay, her upkeep and the duration of stay. The longer she stays, the more money you should have.
2. On her part she must prove that she has strong ties to Nigeria meaning she would return after the trip...strong ties include having a good paying job, landed property, a business and things she would want to get back to. Her finances should also be well explained, usually cash deposits into her account need to be explained especially if the deposits are in large sums of up to 50k at a time...cash deposits from you is kindof a disadvantage as it shows she would be dependent on you during the visit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.