Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307593 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Madam, think outside the box..........

The address used is still your family house, husband's and wives can decide to conduct their marriages however it suits them.......

No marriage book insists, husband and wife cannot reside in a family house.

You could have conducted your TB test while visiting friends for a ceremony or during a brief husband and wife blending rendezvous session to another state.....

* Think outside the box*........ The most important issues is, the names are the same.........

Before they ask you questions, provide the answers........

I hope with this few words of mine, your thinking cap is already outside the box............... grin

The names don't even have to be the same. Its not a Nigerian application. Me thinks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Crystallss: 10:06am On Feb 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Madam, the name on the application and documents........ Do they tally?
yes they do. Sorry, it's my first time applying for visa Daz why I'm so naive.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:38am On Feb 26, 2019
Crystallss:
Pls my pipo, I need your advice urgently. My agency paid for my visa today after reviewing my application. Some changes were made but the one that is giving me headache right now is the address part. My cos carries my family house address instead of my current Lagos address so my visa application has my family address stating that i have lived there in the last 10 years with my family. I'm about to apply for hubby but im stuck in the address part. My agency said we must use the same address in both application which is understandable but my concerns are
1. how do i explain the fact that my husband and i claim to live together in my family house?
2. They said always be honest during visa applications but how can I do that in this case without raising suspicions?
3. The TB cert was done using the Lagos address, how do we explain this? If we say we live with my family in delta state then how come out tb cert has a different address?
4. Since my application was made and appointment date choose today, is this delay in paying for my hubby going to affect the application process? Can we still have the same appointment date after I pay?
Pls I need all suggestions so as to avoid making a costly mistake. I have from now till 12pm tomorrow to submit and pay for his visa.

You can live wherever you want to... i doubt if there is a point against you living with parents.

Here in Uk you have many married Indians living with their parents and it is cultural for them . I dont know all the current rules but i doubt if anyone will be rejected based on address ......iS this visiting visa?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olonseh: 10:50am On Feb 26, 2019
Good morning beautiful people, thank you all for keeping the thread active. The thread is quite informative and very helpful, it's more like a guide book for many silent readers like myself. Please I'll like to ask if the address of a shared apartment can be used when filing for a dependant.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Crystallss: 11:00am On Feb 26, 2019
LagosismyHome:

You can live wherever you want to... i doubt if there is a point against you living with parents.

Here in Uk you have many married Indians living with their parents and it is cultural for them . I dont know all the current rules but i doubt if anyone will be rejected based on address ......iS this visiting visa?
Thanks. It's tier 2 PBS dependent visa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:11am On Feb 26, 2019
Crystallss:

Thanks. It's tier 2 PBS dependent visa

A point based system is always very clear on what it is looking for . It doesn't look at things outside the requirement .... Nothing here about address . So read this and focus only on things mentioned here

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Crystallss: 11:13am On Feb 26, 2019
LagosismyHome:

A point based system is always very clear on what it is looking for . It doesn't look at things outside the requirement .... Nothing here about address . So read this and focus only on things mentioned here

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
thanks. I ll go through it right away
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Crystallss: 11:37am On Feb 26, 2019
This is the format of the application. Is it OK if I submit it this way or change the duration of stay to 2 months then explain further in the last part where they asked for additional information that we also live in Lagos together for the past 2 years?

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by brideofchukky: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
Olonseh:
Good morning beautiful people, thank you all for keeping the thread active. The thread is quite informative and very helpful, it's more like a guide book for many silent readers like myself. Please I'll like to ask if the address of a shared apartment can be used when filing for a dependant.

You are ADVISED to get your own space before applying if you can (even if it is a studio flat or one bedroom as long as it is not a space they'll consider unfit for the number of intending occupants). However it is possible to apply using your current address as I have seen people get approved without their own permanent accommodation. All you need do is state in your application that you'll be getting your own space as soon as your dependant's visa is approved.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2019
Adej134:
Hi All, I got my visa recently and planning to travel next month, i need someone to link me with the reliable property agents in London. I don't mind shared room.

Thank you

right move or zoopla............. Gumtree used to be a good one back in the days but lots of fake ads there so you have to be careful. Do not send anybody money for a property you havent viewed .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
LagosismyHome:

right move or zoopla............. Gumtree used to be a good one back in the days but lots of fake ads there so you have to be careful. Do not send anybody money for a property you havent viewed .

Even if you have viewed the property, be careful with your money........ Make AirHouseNhouse no happen....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Crystallss: 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2019
I'm greatful to everyone that answered my questions. I still have a few left, do you think I should totally just ignore the Lagos address? I read online that embassy rejects visas based on address issues between couples that is why I'm this scared
@lagosismyhome
@Nobody
@lexusgs430
@mamatukwas
@Fatima04
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
Crystallss:
I'm greatful to everyone that answered my questions. I still have a few left, do you think I should totally just ignore the Lagos address? I read online that embassy rejects visas based on address issues between couples that is why I'm this scared
@lagosismyhome
@Nobody
@lexusgs430
@mamatukwas
@Fatima04

Online is a good resource source....... But........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:01pm On Feb 26, 2019
Sorted it grin, my mumu will not kill me
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2019
I don't reside in the UK, but this thread always gives me the feeling that I am in the UK. With the current state in Nigeria, I will definitely join u guys in the UK in the next few weeks. One luv.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Oeasy: 2:22am On Feb 27, 2019
[Good morning family and friends, please what can I do to let WES know that I am the same person bearing Omilana Kudirat Ajoke and Arigbabuwo Kudirat Ajoke? The formal name before marriage and the latter, with my husband's name.
My original surname (Omilana) is on my credentials except PGD that I did after marriage that's carrying Arigbabuwo. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 5:11am On Feb 27, 2019
Good day everyone, I intend applying for my husband in March for tier 2 dependant visa but the issue is I haven't changed my surname after marriage. Can this affect the application since we don't share the same surname as married couple. Help a sister please

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:48am On Feb 27, 2019
Oeasy:
[Good morning family and friends, please what can I do to let WES know that I am the same person bearing Omilana Kudirat Ajoke and Arigbabuwo Kudirat Ajoke? The formal name before marriage and the latter, with my husband's name.
My original surname (Omilana) is on my credentials except PGD that I did after marriage that's carrying Arigbabuwo. Thanks

Have you presented your marriage certificate?.....

The very simple reason, I am a lover of wives retaining their maiden names.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:50am On Feb 27, 2019
mim1031:
Good day everyone, I intend applying for my husband in March for tier 2 dependant visa but the issue is I haven't changed my surname after marriage. Can this affect the application since we don't share the same surname as married couple. Help a sister please

No Marriage rule states, you must always change your name after marriage.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

No Marriage rule states, you must always change your name after marriage.........

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 12:49am On Feb 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Thanks

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
My elders in the UK, help me. I just discovered I have not been paying tax since I arrived the UK, instead I have been paying the national insurance. I was told i will start paying tax in April in Addition to the National insurance. My question is does everyone pays the national insurance and tax and what do I start to gain from paying national insurance. I know Tax payment is compulsory but nobody told me about national insurance , how much is the whole money self? Why are they bent on collecting all their money back
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
mim1031:
My elders in the UK, help me. I just discovered I have not been paying tax since I arrived the UK, instead I have been paying the national insurance. I was told i will start paying tax in April in Addition to the National insurance. My question is does everyone pays the national insurance and tax and what do I start to gain from paying national insurance. I know Tax payment is compulsory but nobody told me about national insurance , how much is the whole money self? Why are they bent on collecting all their money back

Your employer was not deducting tax? Never heard of this type of anomaly before.........

National insurance contributions, helps towards your eventual state pension contributions, probably some element of tax, income support etc etc........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2019
mim1031:

The tax would collected, because it's a debt you owe.....
They would not collect it all in one lump, but a tax code adjustment would be made, to reflect extra tax collections..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2019
mim1031:

2018 / 2019 the personal allowance is £11,850 so usually you have to earn above that before tax start kicking in so maybe you havent earned up to that

Yes everyone pays both once your earnings is over the yearly personal allowance . That figure changes every april . Next year amount is £12,500

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 10:21pm On Feb 28, 2019
mim1031:

National Insurance covers:

-Maternity Allowance
-Contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance
-Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance
-Bereavement Benefits
-Basic State Pension
-New State Pension

And for your tax..

if you earn:

£11,851 to £46,350 you pay 20% tax

£46,351 to £150,000 you pay 40% etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 10:48pm On Feb 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Your employer was not deducting tax? Never heard of this type of anomaly before.........

National insurance contributions, helps towards your eventual state pension contributions, probably some element of tax, income support etc etc........

Thanks for the information, I heard they start deducting tax from April of every year
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 10:50pm On Feb 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

The tax would collected, because it's a debt you owe.....
They would not collect it all in one lump, but a tax code adjustment would be made, to reflect extra tax collections..........

This is bad news�� How much more do they have to collect to finish my meagre pay
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2019
LagosismyHome:

2018 / 2019 the personal allowance is £11,850 so usually you have to earn above that before tax start kicking in so maybe you havent earned up to that

Yes everyone pays both once your earnings is over the yearly personal allowance . That figure changes every april . Next year amount is £12,500

Thanks for your contribution, I'm more enlightened. Nut I have been earning above this year's quote. May be they just have to wait till April before charging new immigrants
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2019
justwise:

National Insurance covers:

-Maternity Allowance
-Contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance
-Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance
-Bereavement Benefits
-Basic State Pension
-New State Pension

And for your tax..

if you earn:

£11,851 to £46,350 you pay 20% tax

£46,351 to £150,000 you pay 40% etc

Na to go an get belle be this ooo, after all I don't have access to public funds on my visa, I may not be able to get other benefits�
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2019
mim1031:

This is bad news�� How much more do they have to collect to finish my meagre pay

Just an innocent question.
What type of visa do you hold?
If you hold a T2 Visa, you can’t justifiably call your pay “meagre” because you must have attained a certain threshold to be eligible for that visa category.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2019
RalphJean:

Just an innocent question.
What type of visa do you hold?
If you hold a T2 Visa, you can’t justifiably call your pay “meagre” because you must have attained a certain threshold to be eligible for that visa category.

Lols, I hold T2 and the pay is meagre after paying all bills�

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.