Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1320587 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2019
Well done boss Lexus!!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2019
DisGuy:
Well done boss Lexus!!

Thank you Boss.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I did this for you........

*Passport Mobile Enrollment in Manchester*

On request from the Nigeria Community Manchester, the Nigeria High Commission Immigration Service will be coming for the biometric service.

There is a contribution of £30 per Adult and where it’s for children it’s per family. by non NCM membership per family charge to offset the NCM logistics.

If you are informing friends and families please tell them of the £30 per Adult and where it’s for children it’s per family. Non NCM membership charge per Adult or they should go to London to process their passport.

*Date: Saturday 27 April 2019*
*Time: 9am to 4pm*
*Venue: Nigerian House, Platt Lane, Manchester, M14 5NE*

*Note:* £250 Postal Order is payable for lost Passport

In addition to online form and payment
The requirements and fees are on our website nigeriahc.org.uk under replacement of lost passport

*Please note the following requirements for first issue (Minors under 18yrs)*

1. Photocopies of both parents passport
2. Copy and original long birth certificate
3. Consent letter signed by both parents.
4. Printed Online payment slip and form
5. Paid Special delivery envelop for posting of the Passport.
6. Copy of foreign Passport if any.

*Requirements for adults first issue*

1. Copy of one the Nigerian parents Passport
2. Copy and original long birth certificate
3. Printed online payment slip and form
4. Paid Special delivery envelope for posting of the Passport
5. Copy of foreign passport if any.

Contact For More Info:
Nigeria Community Manchester

Augusta Ugoh -Chairwoman -07852 371561

Abiola Kumoye -Vice Chair-07799 979324

Patrick Obidoyin -General Secretary - 07737125094

*Application Link:*
https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport

Your support and comments is extraordinary. Welldone boss

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2019
fatima04:

Your support and comments is extraordinary. Welldone boss

Thank you Madam........ The camaraderie gives me strength to chip in whenever applicable........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2019
Urgent advise needed, our Ford focus just started displaying Transmission Malfunction suddenly with no previous issues, what is the fastest and cheapest way to fix such issue.

This is the first mechanical issue we have with the car
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2019
Pray for your young children who attend school in the UK.

LGBT lessons: Schools told they can choose what to teach
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47870610

It is up to primary schools in England to choose what they teach about same-sex relationships, the education secretary has said.

Damian Hinds has written to head teachers saying they are encouraged to teach children about LGBT issues if they "consider it age appropriate".

He said heads should consult parents but reassured them parents had no right to veto what was taught.

In England, relationships education will be compulsory for all primary pupils from September 2020. Sex education will also be compulsory for all secondary pupils from that date.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2019
fatima04:
Urgent advise needed, our Ford focus just started displaying Transmission Malfunction suddenly with no previous issues, what is the fastest and cheapest way to fix such issue.

This is the first mechanical issue we have with the car

Have you scanned vehicle?..... Is it still driving normally? This seems a common problem on Ford focus vehicles..... The Internet is littered with loads of complaints about this issues......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 1:26am On Apr 10, 2019
Kolping:
Pray for your young children who attend school in the UK.

LGBT lessons: Schools told they can choose what to teach.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47870610

It is up to primary schools in England to choose what they teach about same-sex relationships, the education secretary has said.

Damian Hinds has written to head teachers saying they are encouraged to teach children about LGBT issues if they "consider it age appropriate".

He said heads should consult parents but reassured them parents had no right to veto what was taught.

In England, relationships education will be compulsory for all primary pupils from September 2020. Sex education will also be compulsory for all secondary pupils from that date.

The kids who attend schools in Nigeria need the prayer more.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:22am On Apr 10, 2019
claremont:

The kids who attend schools in Nigeria need the prayer more.

How so ?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Have you scanned vehicle?..... Is it still driving normally? This seems a common problem on Ford focus vehicles..... The Internet is littered with loads of complaints about this issues......

Nope, we havent scanned it yet. It's still driving normally for now, and cant even locate where to top up the fluid and yes you are right about the complaint.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:11am On Apr 10, 2019
fatima04:

Nope, we havent scanned it yet. It's still driving normally for now, and cant even locate where to top up the fluid and yes you are right about the complaint.

Gearbox fluid, is normally topped up from the underside.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:12am On Apr 10, 2019
LagosismyHome:

How so ?

Maybe not exactly more but school building can collapse and no one will be held responsible, your kid can be treated poorly which can lead to death and yet the police will tell you to forgive and forget.

At least here you are aware of the situation/issues and prepared and can probably handle it better, meanwhile in Nigeria the issue is there but in a coded way and you may never know if and when your child has been exposed and hence not preparing the child for such when it happens.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:13am On Apr 10, 2019
fatima04:

Your best choice is to read the complaint on the Internet and see possible solutions......

YouTube is also a good resource for guidance and possible fixes/solutions.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:13am On Apr 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Gearbox fluid, is normally topped up from the underside.......

Chai, doubt we can do that ourselves. What do you think about going to a Ford dealer or local garage to resolve it?

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:16am On Apr 10, 2019
fatima04:

Chai, doubt we can do that ourselves. What do you think about going to a Ford dealer or local garage to resolve it?

Thanks

How old is the car? If it is relatively new, a dealer might be your best choice, albeit a lot more expensive.......

If it's an older model, simply hunt for a local, much cheaper mechanic.......

Or those mobile mechanics, that would come to your house to diagnose at a fraction of garage prices.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:20am On Apr 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

How old is the car? If it is relatively new, a dealer might be your best choice, albeit a lot more expensive.......

If it's an older model, simply hunt for a local, much cheaper mechanic.......

Or those mobile mechanics, that would come to your house to diagnose at a fraction of garage prices.....

Not new, 2011 model. Will check for local mechanics around then..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:21am On Apr 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Your best choice is to read the complaint on the Internet and see possible solutions......

YouTube is also a good resource for guidance and possible fixes/solutions.........

Tried that, just seems to be getting more complex lol, everything shows we have to get under the car like you said and screw and unscrew
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:27am On Apr 10, 2019
fatima04:

Tried that, just seems to be getting more complex lol, everything shows we have to get under the car like you said and screw and unscrew

If you don't know what you are screwing/unscrewing, just hunt for a good mechanic............
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:28am On Apr 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If you don't know what you are screwing/unscrewing, just hunt for a good mechanic............

Yesso, your advise is yielding positive result. Thanks so much.
Update loading
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by imnotconfused: 6:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
Shawtykel:

Thanks a lot sis.. God Bless you

kiss you'll be fine
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by imnotconfused: 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
Mamatukwas:

I owe you lunch kiss [b]You’re such a sweet soul, [/b]always helpful. Thanks a lot boo. Will make progress with this your post.

You failed this one well well grin

How are you? Have you been able to book anything?
There's bluestone Wales as well o.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:52pm On Apr 10, 2019
So feedback on our car troubles, not everytime Behind and big man car talks innit.

Started hunting down for local mechanics around and trying to get a tentative quote and discovered the first thing was for a diagnostic scan. Got a first quote for 35pounds, then I searched online for more options and got a referral from a website called whocanfixmycar.com and this got me an extra discount of 10pounds and I was excited that at least there seems to be a way forward.

Proceeded to the appointment garage and then the trail of sad news began. The car has a parachute box that can only be fixed by Ford because the software is usually too expensive and there is not much customer for it bla bla bla. We decided to sha go to the dealer we got the car from, but they had a smaller office location close to us which we chose to go, on getting there, the guy just carried his mouth to tell me first he would run a diagnostics which will take days and the cost is £126, in my mind I fainted and woke up. I still asked if there was a way to expedite things, make the car sha work and he said no.

At that point, just decided to go the original dealer location we got the car though faraway and we didnt want to stress the car too much.

Immediately we got there and explained the issue, the lady just explained it's a Ford software update on transmission and there had been a recall and all, but she can squeeze us in for Friday to get it fixed and ofcourse it is free since it's an issue from the manufacturer. I was angry and relieved though but felt they should have at least sent a message or an advert or something out not just to get hit by such unexpectedly.

Anyways, that ended the drama, but I swear when we heard that diagnostics cost, we were swearing for Ford and regretting not going for a PCP for a newer model car. Now I understand what people go through buying a car out of frustration.

That's the end of my tales by carlight...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2019
fatima04:
So feedback on our car troubles, not everytime Behind and big man car talks innit.

Started hunting down for local mechanics around and trying to get a tentative quote and discovered the first thing was for a diagnostic scan. Got a first quote for 35pounds, then I searched online for more options and got a referral from a website called whocanfixmycar.com and this got me an extra discount of 10pounds and I was excited that at least there seems to be a way forward.

Proceeded to the appointment garage and then the trail of sad news began. The car has a parachute box that can only be fixed by Ford because the software is usually too expensive and there is not much customer for it bla bla bla. We decided to sha go to the dealer we got the car from, but they had a smaller office location close to us which we chose to go, on getting there, the guy just carried his mouth to tell me first he would run a diagnostics which will take days and the cost is £126, in my mind I fainted and woke up. I still asked if there was a way to expedite things, make the car sha work and he said no.

At that point, just decided to go the original dealer location we got the car though faraway and we didnt want to stress the car too much.

Immediately we got there and explained the issue, the lady just explained it's a Ford software update on transmission and there had been a recall and all, but she can squeeze us in for Friday to get it fixed and ofcourse it is free since it's an issue from the manufacturer. I was angry and relieved though but felt they should have at least sent a message or an advert or something out not just to get hit by such unexpectedly.

Anyways, that ended the drama, but I swear when we heard that diagnostics cost, we were swearing for Ford and regretting not going for a PCP for a newer model car. Now I understand what people go through buying a car out of frustration.

That's the end of my tales by carlight...

I was going to say since the internet was littered with this fault, it must have been a subject of recall.......

At least it would be fixed free under warranty...... A good icing on your focused cake...... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:23am On Apr 11, 2019
Recent review on Azimo vs Worldremit

This experiment was conducted twice........

Azimo took under 55 seconds to credit my account, makes me feel Azimo's crediting facilities are fully automated.....

Worldremit unbelievably credited my account, after 8 hours of funds transfer.....

Rates : About the same.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:02am On Apr 11, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I was going to say since the internet was littered with this fault, it must have been a subject of recall.......

At least it would be fixed free under warranty...... A good icing on your focused cake...... grin

Really good icing but with the reviews I believe the issue will still come up after it is fixed. There seems to be a major issue with Ford transmission module
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:07am On Apr 11, 2019
fatima04:

Really good icing but with the reviews I believe the issue will still come up after it is fixed. There seems to be a major issue with Ford transmission module

Then Ford would have to fix again (free), if loads of people experience similar faults.....

Quality control is what they are failing at, they probably only stress tested this modules for only 6 years + or 60000 miles.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Recent review on Azimo vs Worldremit

This experiment was conducted twice........

Azimo took under 55 seconds to credit my account, makes me feel Azimo's crediting facilities are fully automated.....

Worldremit unbelievably credited my account, after 8 hours of funds transfer.....

Rates : About the same.......

I don't trust any other than azimo. Their rate is OK for me and the charges are reasonable. I sent some money on a Sunday and I got the account credited in less than 5 minutes.
I used transferwise attached to my monzo on another Sunday, it took more than 24 hrs and they charged me more.

It's a no brainer... Azimo for me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
fatima04:

Once they fix it, sell it and go buy Honda. That one Na reliability extraordinaire.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Once they fix it, sell it and go buy Honda. That one Na reliability extraordinaire.

While hunting for Honda, i am also on the lookout for a cheap and cheerful Honda Legend 2008....... Not more than £2K budget............ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Yesso, the plan is to sell but how good is Honda, we really suffered in Naija with Honda ooo. Was thinking Toyota is more reliable especially with automatic, since this country likes manual so much

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lexusgs430:

While hunting for Honda, i am also on the lookout for a cheap and cheerful Honda Legend 2008....... Not more than £2K budget............ grin

You too like cars oo, or are you exporting cars ni.
I go help you search for Northern Ireland side since you like to car hunt to faraway places

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
fatima04:

You too like cars oo, or are you exporting cars ni.
I go help you search for Northern Ireland side since you like to car hunt to faraway places

LOL..... I had always loved that Honda Legend when it launched at £40,000.......

I have waited enough for depreciation to set in nah..... But the thing still no wan comot from £4K............

Honda Legend on my bucket list....... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.