Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1305397 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 9:57pm On Apr 15, 2019
fatima04:

I like Toyota but the Aygo range is quite small for us. We plenty grin grin

Oh ok...was reasoning that because of the ford focus, they should be in the same size range
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Ha! From Captur to Aygo grin

Aygo is for a single somebody that wants to just started driving in the UK. Not for someone that’s got a family and has been driving for a while.

Really? There are some 5 door decent looking ones online
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:34pm On Apr 15, 2019
EngrSaks:

You dont like Honda or Toyota? Alot of people recommended the Toyota aygo then when you guys talked about cars for first timers

I vote for a Toyota Aygo....... For single people or just Father, Mother and 1/2 kids.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:47am On Apr 16, 2019
marylandcakes:

Golf, Volvo and Mercedes are very reliable cars and have very low depreciation rates.

Will check them out they just seem quite expensive than others
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:48am On Apr 16, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I vote for a Toyota Aygo....... For single people or just Father, Mother and 1/2 kids.........

Vote on my own too na Oga lexus
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:57am On Apr 16, 2019
fatima04:

Haba....... Toyota & Lexus are love kids from a cheating father, playing away match with a Swedish blonde......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2019
fatima04:

Which of the Peugeot 2008 are you referring to?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by derbylicious: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
Hi
Can somebody please verify if an EEA residence card holder (issued in the U.K ) can travel to Lithuania(with EEA spouse) without applying for Schengen Visa?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
EngrSaks:

Which of the Peugeot 2008 are you referring to?

Thinking of 1.6 e-HDi Allure 5dr EGC seems cool and fuel efficient but we can still port to another manufacturer

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
fatima04:

Thinking of 1.6 e-HDi Allure 5dr EGC seems cool and fuel efficient but we can still port to another manufacturer
isn't the lexus cheaper than that
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 5:39am On Apr 17, 2019
fatima04:

Will check them out they just seem quite expensive than others

Okay, you might have to pay a little bit more but in the long run it will be worth it and when you want to dispose of the car you are sure to get a decent amount for it. You can also add Audi to the list.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 5:42am On Apr 17, 2019
DaveChapelle:
very low depreciation?! Really

I’m talking from my own personal experience. The two main things I look out for when buying a car is reliability and residual value and the brands I’ve mentioned tick that box for me. You can add Audi to the list.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by drchic(f): 6:08am On Apr 17, 2019
I came in 2 months ago on a tier 2 visa. I plan to apply for my family (husband and 2 kids) after the 90 days has elapsed so the maintenance in my account is ok. Concerning accommodation what is the required accommodation for a family this size pls? My son's are aged 11yrs and 8yrs. I thought a 2 bedroom flat would be ok but someone told me that because of their age I need a three bedroom. Thanks for responding.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 6:19am On Apr 17, 2019
drchic:
I came in 2 months ago on a tier 2 visa. I plan to apply for my family (husband and 2 kids) after the 90 days has elapsed so the maintenance in my account is ok. Concerning accommodation what is the required accommodation for a family this size pls? My son's are aged 11yrs and 8yrs. I thought a 2 bedroom flat would be ok but someone told me that because of their age I need a three bedroom. Thanks for responding.

Regarding accommodation a two bed is okay sine your kids are same sex. If they were different then you would require a three bed.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:11am On Apr 17, 2019
DaveChapelle:
isn't the lexus cheaper than that

Not if I consider mileage and previous owners and then maybe engine size. Will check them out, who knows could get a good deal.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2019
marylandcakes:

Okay, you might have to pay a little bit more but in the long run it will be worth it and when you want to dispose of the car you are sure to get a decent amount for it. You can also add Audi to the list.

It's worth considering actually, d depreciation value of this Ford is so annoying got it for 5k and now it's being priced at 3k if in good condition online. This is just after few months of buying the car.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2019
Online reviews slightly favour the Peugeot 2008 over the Renault Captur but they are not really far apart....i guess people with first hand experience are in a better position to make a recommendation...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2019
EngrSaks:
Online reviews slightly favour the Peugeot 2008 over the Renault Captur but they are not really far apart....i guess people with first hand experience are in a better position to make a recommendation...

Thank you boss. Just trying to do lots lots of research before settling. God bless

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:08am On Apr 18, 2019
fatima04:

Thank you boss. Just trying to do lots lots of research before settling. God bless

Just buy a Honda Legend....... 3.5 V6 is not too much nah.....

So we can Legend together.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 5:22am On Apr 18, 2019
fatima04:

It's worth considering actually, d depreciation value of this Ford is so annoying got it for 5k and now it's being priced at 3k if in good condition online. This is just after few months of buying the car.

That’s Ford for you. Looks pretty when it’s new.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 11:35am On Apr 18, 2019
fatima04:

Na wa oh,you're not even happy you got 3k, me that was £2,5k to £200 nko?! In 10 months!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2019
DaveChapelle:
Na wa oh,you're not even happy you got 3k, me that was £2,5k to £200 nko?! In 10 months!

Shet grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Just buy a Honda Legend....... 3.5 V6 is not too much nah.....

So we can Legend together.........

Ah a whole 3.5litres. I no fit oo. Plus you are my senior that will be rude when I am dragging legend with you grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
DaveChapelle:

Wow, how come? Did it have lots of issues or what
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by veleta: 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hi,@Lexus430 and other fam,please what's your take on buying Lexus IS 250 automatic 2012 with 58k miles for £9,700.Any reviews from those that have used Lexus will be appreciated.Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
veleta:
Hi,@Lexus430 and other fam,please what's your take on buying Lexus IS 250 automatic 2012 with 58k miles for £9,700.Any reviews from those that have used Lexus will be appreciated.Thanks

+ - £700 + - less mileage or so..... Seems to be the going rate......

Loads of things to consider, how are you funding it? Value at the end of term if financing? Have you considered slightly older model, at almost £3/4K savings, possibly with slightly higher miles? Etc etc

If you have worked your figures out, and it works..... Unfortunately, it seems it's the going rate in 2019.....

Buy with your brain and not your heart...............
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:13am On Apr 19, 2019
fatima04:

webuyanynonsense tinz
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by veleta: 5:46am On Apr 19, 2019
@Lexus430,thanks bro for your time.

Plan is,£5,700 for deposit then 4K personal loan from bank for financing @7.6% for only 2 years.
Another option is go for 2008 model @50k miles for £6k outright purchase.
Intention is to use the car for 5 years then sell off.Which of the 2 do you think will command higher resellable value?
Thanks once again for your time.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2019
veleta:
@Lexus430,thanks bro for your time.

Plan is,£5,700 for deposit then 4K personal loan from bank for financing @7.6% for only 2 years.
Another option is go for 2008 model @50k miles for £6k outright purchase.
Intention is to use the car for 5 years then sell off.Which of the 2 do you think will command higher resellable value?
Thanks once again for your time.

If I was spending your money, I would look for the best 2008/09 model........ And purchase outrightly........... With £6000 cash, you can haggle like my dead grandmother.......

2012 model bought in 2019 and sold in 2024, would probably retail for £1500/£2000.........

Work out your figures and decide which suit, looks more bespoke..............
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 9:59am On Apr 19, 2019
Lexusgs430:

+ - £700 + - less mileage or so..... Seems to be the going rate......

Loads of things to consider, how are you funding it? Value at the end of term if financing? Have you considered slightly older model, at almost £3/4K savings, possibly with slightly higher miles? Etc etc

If you have worked your figures out, and it works..... Unfortunately, it seems it's the going rate in 2019.....

Buy with your brain and not your heart...............

Its got a high fuel consumption, high tax and the boot is useless for carrying medium size boxes + rear seats don't collapse....Is it the sport mode....otherwise...too expensive
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:00am On Apr 19, 2019
veleta:

Its got a high fuel consumption, high tax and the boot is useless for carrying medium size boxes + rear seats don't collapse....Is it the sport mode....otherwise...too expensive
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:00am On Apr 19, 2019
fatima04:

Its back on sale for £2,5k on autotrader

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.