Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1305702 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:55am On Apr 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Honda went all out on this model, hence the fascination.... It's a more modern car, for cheaper money..... Not an everyday vehicle, probably would be used mostly for long Europe trips.........

The full tank of that car wont get you to Paris. It's too big for a saloon car
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:58am On Apr 14, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Haba, the full tank would take me to Holland........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:59am On Apr 14, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Paris is not too far nah...... Once i navigate through Kent, get on the ferry to France, wetin remain?...... tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 2:11am On Apr 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Paris is not too far nah...... Once i navigate through Kent, get on the ferry to France, wetin remain?...... tongue

My hybrid no reach paris before I topped up, this one wey no be hybrid na calais you go dey start to top up. cheesy

Lexusgs430:

Haba, the full tank would take me to Holland........

It will not.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:25am On Apr 14, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

My hybrid no reach paris before I topped up, this one wey no be hybrid na calais you go dey start to top up. cheesy

It will not.

My Lexusgs430 got to Holland on one tank, that was a V8.....

You burn less fuel on reasonable cruising........

My right leg is very light......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hammed71(m): 7:50am On Apr 14, 2019
guys please how long does it take to receive money from worldremit, someone sent to my access bank since yesterday, I am yet to receive any alert?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:51am On Apr 14, 2019
hammed71:
guys please how long does it take to receive money from worldremit, someone sent to my access bank since yesterday, I am yet to receive any alert?

Seems they are presently having issues.... It's now taking about 8 hours..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:52am On Apr 14, 2019
hammed71:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hammed71(m): 7:58am On Apr 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I just checked my account balance nothing yet, meanwhile this relative sent #1000 naira to my first bank account just to check which entered instantly.maybe its access bank I don't know.by the way he stays in the us, maybe the location played a part in it.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:28am On Apr 14, 2019
hammed71:
I just checked my account balance nothing yet, meanwhile this relative sent #1000 naira to my first bank account just to check which entered instantly.maybe its access bank I don't know.by the way he stays in the us, maybe the location played a part in it.

If account number is correct just wait..... When the moni land, we suppose go beer parlour.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:45am On Apr 14, 2019
hammed71:

Weekend takes a bit longer..so probably tomorrow
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hammed71(m): 10:10am On Apr 14, 2019
justwise:

Weekend takes a bit longer..so probably tomorrow
oh okay
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hammed71(m): 10:11am On Apr 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If account number is correct just wait..... When the moni land, we suppose go beer parlour.......
lol abi , how the UK treating you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:12am On Apr 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

My Lexusgs430 got to Holland on one tank, that was a V8.....

You burn less fuel on reasonable cruising........

My right leg is very light......

You're cool bro... I couldn't maintain reasonable cruising, the journey was getting too long. By the time I got to CDG airport I had fill up.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:59am On Apr 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You need to visit Duinrell...........

Looks very very fun, but people like us need Visa innit?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:32pm On Apr 14, 2019
fatima04:

Looks very very fun, but people like us need Visa innit?

Looks like fún is an understatement.......... Yes, regarding visa, then hop on the ferry and drive down.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Looks like fún is an understatement.......... Yes, regarding visa, then hop on the ferry and drive down.......

Noted down on our list for future reference grin grin. Visa application and its wahala
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:32pm On Apr 14, 2019
fatima04:

Noted down on our list for future reference grin grin. Visa application and its wahala

Also read reviews through TripAdvisor or ask any questions you desire..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

You're cool bro... I couldn't maintain reasonable cruising, the journey was getting too long. By the time I got to CDG airport I had fill up.

Of course you know hybrid vehicles on motorway driving are useless......

Just drive on motorways, like its a conventional engine... And your fuel tank and pocket, would be very happy......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If you and your kids want to have an all encompassing fun, like they have never had before (or so i think).......

Take a short trip to Holland.........

https://www.duinrell.com

I am just looking at the Sun holiday destination and this caught my eyes "duinrell" ......... It listed there as one you can get for 9.50 per person , but it must be really popular as it sold out . Thanks for the headsup , will look at for it next year ,lol
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I am just looking at the Sun holiday destination and this caught my eyes "duinrell" ......... It listed there as one you can get for 9.50 per person , but it must be really popular as it sold out . Thanks for the headsup , will look at for it next year ,lol

Fun overloaded....... If you are going without offers, best to either book through canvas or Duinrell directly...... Aviod Eurocamp like hot fire......

Their dungalows are bottom rated.............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
For those interested in this year Sun Holiday Package deal

Please use the link provided: https://www.ukholidaysinthesun.co.uk

These are the Codes for this year : Giving you for Free grin . It usually listed in the Sun newspaper
1 TOKEN - LIMA
2 TOKEN - HOPE
3 TOKEN - PARK
4 TOKEN - RUBY
5 TOKEN - PIES
6 TOKEN - LADY
7 TOKEN - MINE
8 TOKEN - L9W7

Then search on the location you like and the dates . The popular days go fast . Also by now most of the good places are gone but you can still get a good deal . In the UK for those with little children the "Burtlin" tend to be popular . There are some location abroad too.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2019
My E-fam, I need advise biko. Our car is still having the transmission issues despite updating d software and whatnot and we have to fix it ourselves since we dont have extended warranty.

We have decided to sell it once all it's fixed and now trying to research on cars with reliable manufacturers.

It is between Peugeot 2008 or Renaultt captur but more inclined towards the Peugeot. Does anyone have experience with both make or any other suggestion on a car with much legroom than saloon or MPV cars and good capacity for load.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2019
fatima04:
My E-fam, I need advise biko. Our car is still having the transmission issues despite updating d software and whatnot and we have to fix it ourselves since we dont have extended warranty.

We have decided to sell it once all it's fixed and now trying to research on cars with reliable manufacturers.

It is between Peugeot 2008 or Renaultt captur but more inclined towards the Peugeot. Does anyone have experience with both make or any other suggestion on a car with much legroom than saloon or MPV cars and good capacity for load.

Thank you.

why not a lexus RX450H?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2019
fatima04:

Thank you.

You dont like Honda or Toyota? Alot of people recommended the Toyota aygo then when you guys talked about cars for first timers
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2019
EngrSaks:

You dont like Honda or Toyota? Alot of people recommended the Toyota aygo then when you guys talked about cars for first timers

Ha! From Captur to Aygo grin

Aygo is for a single somebody that wants to just started driving in the UK. Not for someone that’s got a family and has been driving for a while.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:52pm On Apr 15, 2019
DaveChapelle:
why not a lexus RX450H?

Ah, oga Dave. Let me cut my coat according to material ooo. I no even search Lexus range at all
Na big peoples car, I believe
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2019
EngrSaks:

I like Toyota but the Aygo range is quite small for us. We plenty grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Ha! From Captur to Aygo grin

Aygo is for a single somebody that wants to just started driving in the UK. Not for someone that’s got a family and has been driving for a while.

Good description even with this Ford we have, sitting at d back is difficult as d drivers get long leg and after car seat for back lobatan

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2019
fatima04:

Thank you.

Golf, Volvo and Mercedes are very reliable cars and have very low depreciation rates.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
marylandcakes:

Golf, Volvo and Mercedes are very reliable cars and have very low depreciation rates.
very low depreciation?! Really
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 9:39pm On Apr 15, 2019
Nigerian women warned not to come to Britain in government campaign
‘Modern slavery is one of the greatest human rights abuses of our time,’ says Penny Mordaunt
The Independent
Catherine Wylie,Peter Stubley
15 hours ago

The UK government is backing an advertising campaign urging Nigerian women and girls to find jobs at home instead of “risking a life of modern slavery” in Britain.

Posters are to be placed in schools, churches and marketplaces in an attempt to reduce human trafficking, sexual exploitation and forced labour.

The campaign focuses on “aspirational stories of women who have established successful careers in Nigeria”, according to the Department for International Development.

The Not for Sale campaign is supported by UK aid and involves the National Crime Agency and the UK’s Joint Border Task Force as well as Nigerian law enforcement.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nigeria-uk-modern-slavery-women-human-trafficking-campaign-not-for-sale-a8869736.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOe2-j3QzKI

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.