Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1313251 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by addbol: 8:42am On Oct 04, 2019
Hello chief, care to share your Azimo referral code?

Lexusgs430:

For this route of transfer, you can use either Azimo or Worldremit.......

Compare rates, then select the best option........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 9:12am On Oct 04, 2019
Hello beautiful people,

Just got in yesterday.. after a funny experience with UK Border Control, my bag getting damaged and finally got my BRP...

Mehnnnn..... its cold outcheaaa...

Thanks for all the support wonderful people...

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2019
addbol:

OYEJ1

Thank you Boss.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:34am On Oct 04, 2019
profemebee:
Hello beautiful people,

Just got in yesterday.. after a funny experience with UK Border Control, my bag getting damaged and finally got my BRP...

Where you see the cold.......... grin

This cold wey you dey talk about, nah heat o....... Wait small, you go see beta cold....... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 9:41am On Oct 04, 2019
ahhhh i want my mummy!!!!

lol..

Lexusgs430:

Where you see the cold.......... grin

This cold wey you dey talk about, nah heat o....... Wait small, you go see beta cold....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:59am On Oct 04, 2019
profemebee:
ahhhh i want my mummy!!!!

lol..

Beta go buy long john's + better winter clothing.... If you call this one cold...... Grandma might also be required......... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hammed71(m): 10:10am On Oct 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Beta go buy long john's + better winter clothing.... If you call this one cold...... Grandma might also be required......... cheesy
lol funny guy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:15am On Oct 04, 2019
addbol:

I don hammer o....

Thank you Boss......

Mamatukwas supplied me with soup condiments + addbol, supplied the money to buy the poundo yam......

We are very Thankful........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:03am On Oct 04, 2019
hammed71:
lol funny guy

But it's true nah...... The cold wey go dey do pesin, like say hin dey smoke cigarette.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2019
Hi everyone.
Car owners, I don finally join una.
Bought my first car some weeks ago and been enjoying it since.
I recently decided to do durability test. So I drove to Manchester, then to Leeds, then back to Glasgow over last weekend.

I'm still getting used to all the wahala about cars...like looking for free parking, paying for parking, garage visits, early morning ice/frost on windshields, and the occasional traffic jam lol.

But it's great to no longer depend on buses and uber. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MamaEEE: 11:22am On Oct 04, 2019
profemebee:
Hello beautiful people,

welcome oga, u don liv us 4 spouse visa thrend... Plz kindly share ur experience with d uk border. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 11:27am On Oct 04, 2019
lol.. i don run go buy hoodie & jacket ooo..

Abeg which of these new kids on the block btw Monzo & Starling offer normal basic account that isnt current account?

all i see is current account.. i never set for that one as i never get job. and i never even resign for work for naija ..

Yesterday, all the main banks like HSBC, LLoyds,etc reject me like say i get body odour *sobs** cos of proof of address in my name e.g. bills

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2019
my dear...

it was a bad one.. infact it was like a dream..

the Officer screened my passport, then asked if i had issues getting the visa.. i said NO..

then he asked if i have ever been refused before, i said Once.. and then he flipped and went into ogbanje mode asking why i lied earlier on..

i got confused in my mind telling him he asked 2 different questions to which i replied.. and its also stated in my spousal visa application..

He then took me to the detention center section and gave me a form stating why i might be denied entry and all.. ticked the boxes stating pending my answers to further questions i will know if i will be let in..

guess what na so i see 4 nigerian boys dey display.. and he probably used that pattern to judge me too cos the boys were all going cray.. one was asked if his wife worked and he said no.. then asked if he worked.. na so story dey go for the guy..

then there was another indian looking guy who was asking for his lawyer..

i was on the phone wit my wife, and asked to not use phones.. so i obeyed and waited for the officer who was with another checking some records on the monitor..

fam... i was just chewing gum trying to be calm.. like i didnt go thru all these to stop here..

10mins later he came back wt my passport stamped and said he was sorry he needed to do more enquiries into my case cos of my response.. i told him his question wasnt clear..

asked him abt the detention form.. and he said its nothing... i cud tear it up.. then he took it and squeezed it all. .showing me my stamp.. and saying im free to go.. that i wasnt detained but the form was to let me know i needed to answer some questions..

na so i go carousel to pick my bags only to see them on the floor.. broken and damaged ..

Also, flight from Lagos left like an hour late, so i almost missed the connecting flight to London at Istanbul..

what a day...

got my BRP sha and just dey rest...

MamaEEE:

welcome oga, u don liv us 4 spouse visa thrend... Plz kindly share ur experience with d uk border. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 11:42am On Oct 04, 2019
But you no go get charged for any monthly fees if that's what you are thinking

profemebee:
lol.. i don run go buy hoodie & jacket ooo..

Abeg which of these new kids on the block btw Monzo & Starling offer normal basic account that isnt current account?

all i see is current account.. i never set for that one as i never get job. and i never even resign for work for naija ..

Yesterday, all the main banks like HSBC, LLoyds,etc reject me like say i get body odour *sobs** cos of proof of address in my name e.g. bills

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 11:43am On Oct 04, 2019
profemebee:
my dear...
what a day...

CHAI! I can imagine the tension. Sorry, bros.
Welcome to Mama Charlie domot.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 11:45am On Oct 04, 2019
hmmmmm i think thats what i'm scared of.. lol

so i guess i can manage the Monzo account..

my BRP didnt come with NI nos. so thats another thing i av to run..

Bourne007:
But you no go get charged for any monthly fees if that's what you are thinking

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2019
thanks brother..

i was just saying "is this how i will end up?? " lol.. my goodness

spacyzuma:

CHAI! I can imagine the tension. Sorry, bros.
Welcome to Mama Charlie domot.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2019
I know that feeling. I got detained too last August say my name just dey flash RED grin grin

profemebee:
my dear...

the Officer screened my passport, then asked if i had issues getting the visa.. i said NO..

then he asked if i have ever been refused before, i said Once.. and then he flipped and went into ogbanje mode asking why i lied earlier on..

i got confused in my mind telling him he asked 2 different questions to which i replied.. and its also stated in my spousal visa application..

He then took me to the detention center section and gave me a form stating why i might be denied entry and all.. ticked the boxes stating pending my answers to further questions i will know if i will be let in..

guess what na so i see 4 nigerian boys dey display.. and he probably used that pattern to judge me too cos the boys were all going cray.. one was asked if his wife worked and he said no.. then asked if he worked.. na so story dey go for the guy..

i was on the phone wit my wife, and asked to not use phones.. so i obeyed and waited for the officer who was with another checking some records on the monitor..

fam... i was just chewing gum trying to be calm.. like i didnt go thru all these to stop here..

10mins later he came back wt my passport stamped and said he was sorry he needed to do more enquiries into my case cos of my response.. i told him his question wasnt clear..

asked him abt the detention form.. and he said its nothing... i cud tear it up.. then he took it and squeezed it all. .showing me my stamp.. and saying im free to go.. that i wasnt detained but the form was to let me know i needed to answer some questions..

na so i go carousel to pick my bags only to see them on the floor.. broken and damaged ..

Also, flight from Lagos left like an hour late, so i almost missed the connecting flight to London at Istanbul..

what a day...

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 11:50am On Oct 04, 2019
Guy no be like Naija. I currently use Monzo as well (make sense die). Most of the banks (if not all) do not charge any monthly fee unless you upgrade to one.

profemebee:
hmmmmm i think thats what i'm scared of.. lol

so i guess i can manage the Monzo account..

my BRP didnt come with NI nos. so thats another thing i av to run..

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
profemebee:
my dear...

what a day...

And this was you thinking, you left your village people in Nigeria............ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
Bourne007:
I know that feeling. I got detained too last August say my name just dey flash RED grin grin

Did you tell them your name was Bourne007, just like James Bond 007............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MamaEEE: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
profemebee:
my dear...

what a day...

d

Na laff i juz dey laf readyn this. 4 ur mind u think say u don go tel one wrong person wen wen don track ur movement base on nija night levels n na nigeria u c so... But God pass dem.After al d time and money .
Thank God n weldon
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 8:01pm On Oct 04, 2019
spacyzuma:
Hi everyone.
I recently decided to do durability test. So I drove to Manchester, then to Leeds, then back to Glasgow over last weekend.

I'm still getting used to all the wahala about cars...like looking for free parking, paying for parking, garage visits, early morning ice/frost on windshields, and the occasional traffic jam lol.

Congratulations, don't go and jam anybody and don't let anybody jam you for insurance sake. If you are involved in a colission no go report yourself to insurance whether you are at fault or not else your insurance go double. If possible send with the other party.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 8:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
Forced to use transgender pronouns: Doctor speaks out after tribunal rules Bible ‘incompatible with human dignity’
4 Oct, 2019 10:20

A British doctor has warned that a dangerous precedent has been set after a tribunal ruled that he was rightfully terminated for refusing to use transgender pronouns, and that his Christian values clash with those of UK society.
Dr. David Mackereth was fired from his job at the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) after telling his manager that in a hypothetical scenario, he would never “call any 6-foot tall bearded man madam.”

The case was brought before a Birmingham employment tribunal, which said in its ruling that the government department had every right to sack Mackereth, and that the doctor’s biblical beliefs have no place in British society.

"Belief in Genesis 1:27, lack of belief in transgenderism and conscientious objection to transgenderism in our judgment are incompatible with human dignity and conflict with the fundamental rights of others."

Speaking to RT, Mackereth said that the ruling has profound and troubling implications for freedom of speech and conscience in the UK.

"The question here is whether I can be forced to do something and to say something that goes deeply against my conscience."

He said that the judgment means that “you’re not allowed not to believe the transgender movement’s maxims,” while “core” Christian beliefs have been labeled as unfit for modern life.

Mackereth plans to appeal the ruling.

https://www.rt.com/uk/470190-transgender-bible-doctor-fired-uk/
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2019
deept:

Congratulations, don't go and jam anybody and don't let anybody jam you for insurance sake. If you are involved in a colission no go report yourself to insurance whether you are at fault or not else your insurance go double. If possible send with the other party.
This one nawa. In my country, it’s business once you get hit by another vehicle because people conspire with their mechanics to prepare exorbitant bills for insurance company and they still pay same premium the following year.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
confirm!!!!

thanks for the update

Bourne007:
Guy no be like Naija. I currently use Monzo as well (make sense die). Most of the banks (if not all) do not charge any monthly fee unless you upgrade to one.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
Not entire true for non-fault o

deept:

Congratulations, don't go and jam anybody and don't let anybody jam you for insurance sake. If you are involved in a colission no go report yourself to insurance whether you are at[b] fault or not else your insurance go double[/b]. If possible send with the other party.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I don hammer o....

Thank you Boss......

Mamatukwas supplied me with soup condiments + addbol, supplied the money to buy the poundo yam......

We are very Thankful........

Hmmmm, mamatukwas you are being partial oo. I comment my reserve for another day grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
spacyzuma:
Hi everyone.

That's why I love the bus and train life tongue embarassed. Congratulations boss, is it a 69 plate Jaguar or Nissan juke. Come and gist us

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
profemebee:
my dear...

what a day...

Sorry about your experience, dont worry when you collect RED passport, they will add some respect to your name. Welcome to the land

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AdaUK: 10:50am On Oct 05, 2019
profemebee:
confirm!!!!

thanks for the update

Bourne please what's experience with Monzo
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mizwisdom(f): 10:58am On Oct 05, 2019
One good thing about UK is that it's only 6hrs away from home cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.