Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,365 members, 7,843,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1323566 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hammed71(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2019
Mizwisdom:
One good thing about UK is that it's only 6hrs away from home cheesy
that is if someone has cash for direct flights else

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
hammed71:
that is if someone has cash for direct flights else

Why fly direct, when you could potentially save £200+................ cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
Good evening everyone.

While exporting Whatsapp chats and taking screenshot of Whatsapp call logs for tier 2 dependant, is there any recommendation as to what to save my wife's name with? It's currently saved as wifey. Is that okay or should I just display her phone number?

Cc: justwise Lexusgs430
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
Southsky:
Good evening everyone.

While exporting Whatsapp chats and taking screenshot of Whatsapp call logs for tier 2 dependant, is there any recommendation as to what to save my wife's name with? It's currently saved as wifey. Is that okay or should I just display her phone number?

Remove wifey.....

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
Southsky:
Good evening everyone.

Nothing to worry about,

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
Thank you for the response bosses justwise & Lexusgs430.

I have another concern.

My wife will be moving into a new house by early November, she has informed her land lady about this as well as the fact that we are using her address for our process. The landlady is okay with it. Her tenancy agreement ends this October.
We are using the current address because we are yet to find a suitable apartment to rent; actively searching.

Now, we are left with two options:

1. Proceed to submit with the current address, even though she'll will move out by next month. Can we submit the tenancy agreement that would expire by ending of October? Will this lead to any complications?

2. Wait till we rent an apartment towards ending of this month and then proceed to use the address of this new apartment to apply. I don't really want to wait that long but if it's the best option, then I have no choice.

PS: My TB test result has the current address on it.

I'm looking forward to your advice.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
Southsky:
Thank you for the response bosses justwise & Lexusgs430.

I have another concern.

My wife will be moving into a new house by early November, she has informed her land lady about this as well as the fact that we are using her address for our process. The landlady is okay with it. Her tenancy agreement ends this October.
We are using the current address because we are yet to find a suitable apartment to rent; actively searching.

Now, we are left with two options:

1. Proceed to submit with the current address, even though she'll will move out by next month. Can we submit the tenancy agreement that would expire by ending of October? Will this lead to any complications?

2. Wait till we rent an apartment towards ending of this month and then proceed to use the address of this new apartment to apply. I don't really want to wait that long but if it's the best option, then I have no choice.

PS: My TB test result has the current address on it.

I'm looking forward to your advice.

1. Avoid doing that

2.Yes that is the sensible thing to do

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 06, 2019
justwise:

1. Avoid doing that

2.Yes that is the sensible thing to do

Thanks a lot. Do I need to change the address on my TB result (the current address) since we won't be using that address again? Or is that insignificant?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
Southsky:

Thanks a lot. Do I need to change the address on my TB result (the current address) since we won't be using that address again? Or is that insignificant?

No you don't have to, the result is more important than the address on it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
justwise:

No you don't have to, the result is more important than the address on it.
Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hunnybee: 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2019
Yes, you have to change the address on your TB result. It's 8,500. Not worth the emotional and psychological trauma it will put you through if they refuse you for that tiny reason

Southsky:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2019
Hunnybee:
Yes, you have to change the address on your TB result. It's 8,500. Not worth the emotional and psychological trauma it will put you through if they refuse you for that tiny reason

Thank you boss
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2019
Hunnybee:

Why would it lead to refusal?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:11am On Oct 07, 2019
Hunnybee:

The address on the TB certificate bares little importance, the bearer is the most important factor......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 9:41am On Oct 07, 2019
fatima04:

That's why I love the bus and train life tongue embarassed. Congratulations boss, is it a 69 plate Jaguar or Nissan juke. Come and gist us

HAHA. Thanks, sis. It's a 15 plate Citroen car
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 9:41am On Oct 07, 2019
deept:

Congratulations, don't go and jam anybody and don't let anybody jam you for insurance sake. If you are involved in a colission no go report yourself to insurance whether you are at fault or not else your insurance go double. If possible send with the other party.
Thanks, bro.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2019
'Sex for grades': Undercover in West African universities
Academic institutions in West Africa have increasingly been facing allegations of sexual harassment by lecturers. This type of abuse is said to be endemic, but it’s almost never proven.

After gathering dozens of testimonies, BBC Africa Eye sent undercover journalists posing as students inside the University of Lagos and the University of Ghana.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-49907376/sex-for-grades-undercover-in-west-african-universities

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2019
Southsky:

Just to confirm, hope your TB test was done in Nigeria and not UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2019
spacyzuma:

HAHA. Thanks, sis. It's a 15 plate Citroen car

Congratulations, when are we coming to wash the car with palm wine and catfish peppersoup
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
fatima04:

Just to confirm, hope your TB test was done in Nigeria and not UK.
Yes, in Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
Southsky:

Yes, in Nigeria

Cool, then you are good to go. As long as the result is still within 6months of Visa application. All the best

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
fatima04:

Congratulations, when are we coming to wash the car with palm wine and catfish peppersoup

Don't tell me you have nasty plans for that juke......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 08, 2019
fatima04:

Cool, then you are good to go. As long as the result is still within 6months of Visa application. All the best
Thanks a lot
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:21am On Oct 08, 2019
For those contemplating selling cashew nets (specially prepared by a special brother) or special concoction from West Africa........

You might not be so lucky........ Take note........

https://news.sky.com/story/married-couple-sentenced-for-selling-toxic-skin-whitening-treatments-online-11830076
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 09, 2019
Sorted out. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 8:28am On Oct 09, 2019
fatima04:

lol. Anytime you come to Glasgow, just go to Comforter In The City restaurant and order whatever you want.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 8:31am On Oct 09, 2019
spacyzuma:

lol. Anytime you come to Glasgow, just go to Comforter In The City restaurant and order whatever you want.

For those in Glasgow, there's a new Nigerian restaurant that's less than a year old.

Apocom Kitchen. apokitchen.co.uk
1391 Gallowgate, Glasgow G31 4EX

I prefer going there cos of free parking on the street.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:31am On Oct 09, 2019
spacyzuma:

You get prepaid chop chop account for the comforter, to comfort our belle......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:33am On Oct 09, 2019
spacyzuma:

For those in Glasgow, there's a new Nigerian restaurant that's less than a year old.

Apocom Kitchen. apokitchen.co.uk
1391 Gallowgate, Glasgow G31 4EX

I prefer going there cos of free parking on the street.

If nah the days wey u dey fly bus pass, you no go mind the other restaurant o........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You get prepaid chop chop account for the comforter, to comfort our belle......... cheesy
Well, go there first, order the food/drink, eat/drink everything, then try leaving and see what will happen. grin grin

Lexusgs430:
If nah the days wey u dey fly bus pass, you no go mind the other restaurant o........
cheesy Yes na, but levels don change.
The first time I drove to Comforter, the satnav of the hire car took me through converted bus lane and I had to pay fines.
There's only free parking after 6pm, and it's usually full.
I no dey like stress. Apocom is my new bae.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2019
spacyzuma:

Well, go there first, order the food/drink, eat/drink everything, then try leaving and see what will happen. grin grin

The first time I drove to Comforter, the satnav of the hire car took me through converted bus lane and I had to pay fines.

Remember, your licence is only valid for 10 years.... After that period, it's due a renewal.... Ensure your address is updated........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2019
spacyzuma:

You wan make i wash plate tìrẹ........... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.