Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,353 members, 7,843,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1323543 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fineyemi(m): 1:55am On Oct 11, 2019
RalphJean:

Like:
You have a standard visitor visa.
You are currently in the UK on that visa.
Then you buy tickets and enter aeroplane, and go to Canada?

Like buying tickets with Ekeson or GUO or Cross Country at Oyingbo and migrating to Accra, Ghana?
Thanks for your prompt response, I understand what u are saying. Will it be possible for canada papers to be processed in the UK since my bro is presently in the UK with a standard visitor visa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:57am On Oct 11, 2019
fineyemi:
Thanks for your prompt response, I understand what u are saying. Will it be possible for canada papers to be processed in the UK since my bro is presently in the UK with a standard visitor visa

I don't know , sorry, but just from my experience, with difficulty getting a job, driver's license etc...And loosing work skills while being undocumented...IS it really worth it...anybody planning to do it?! esp when well off enough to leave Nigeria. Sorry if i'm not too helpful. All the best
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AdaUK: 2:10am On Oct 11, 2019
He should return back to Nigeria and apply for student visd
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:52am On Oct 11, 2019
fineyemi:

Not possible, he has to apply in Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2019
fineyemi:

The process for migrating to Canada takes time and he will not be able to process it in 6 months (assuming it is possible from the UK) by which time his visit to the UK would be over. Why does he not want to process it from Nigeria? That would not stop him from visiting the UK. He can start evaluating his documents from anywhere bit cannot conclude it while in the UK so it doesn't make sense to do it in the UK. It's a different issue if he is a student.
The question you or your brother should answer is why do it from the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 10:04am On Oct 11, 2019
danberg:
Good morning my Ogas here in the UK,

A business associate contacted me yesterday about about this deal below. I have my reservations but he said it's legit.

However, I still need your input: Excerpts:

"I have a deal in the u.k which requires person with good credit score.

All i need is debit card front and back
Address of account owner .
And account owners I.D card

We will drop a loan into the account the next day depending on the credit score limit.

Loaders rep. Will meet the account owner and take 60% after cash out
Intermediaries take 15% account owner take 25%
Free cash
The bank back office people will erase the transaction from the system and after one week we can go again .

Let me know if you can do it, lets start."

What do you think Gents?

I think suspicious, scam, fraud, 419, financial illegality, crime, police...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 10:06am On Oct 11, 2019
DaveChapelle:

Beware of admiral and blackbox....esp if you quote like 2,000 miles per annum and you end up using over 10k/ annum....the premium will be automatically charged and automatically estimated.....so they might still charge you up to 1,000£ over the next 12 months....thats what happened to me, but me i am a doctor and i did about 14k miles after initially getting a cheap quote with2,000miles....so food for thought

Yes, I forgot to mention this earlier. I was told about this. So I used 10k miles/yr for my quote.
I'm extremely unlikely to exceed that.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 10:15am On Oct 11, 2019
danberg:
Good morning my Ogas here in the UK,

A business associate contacted me yesterday about about this deal below. I have my reservations but he said it's legit.

However, I still need your input: Excerpts:

"I have a deal in the u.k which requires person with good credit score.

All i need is debit card front and back
Address of account owner .
And account owners I.D card

We will drop a loan into the account the next day depending on the credit score limit.

Loaders rep. Will meet the account owner and take 60% after cash out
Intermediaries take 15% account owner take 25%
Free cash
The bank back office people will erase the transaction from the system and after one week we can go again .

Let me know if you can do it, lets start."

What do you think Gents?

Are you really serious? let me just put it this way..if you have such person as a business associate then you really need to have a look at yourself

This is just insane to even think that you will do this in the UK

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:28am On Oct 11, 2019
justwise:

Are you really serious? let me just put it this way..if you have such person as a business associate then you really need to have a look at yourself

I wonder how some people think. So the bank will erase the money or loan and he is asking if it is legitimate? Whose money or who will then pay back? I think danberg deserves a ban for stupidity.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 10:31am On Oct 11, 2019
spacyzuma:

I think suspicious, scam, fraud, 419, financial illegality, crime, police...
Hmmm, my thoughts too. He's not here in UK so, I guess he doesn't understand the implications..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 10:34am On Oct 11, 2019
justwise:

Thank you very much bro
I thought it was a crazy idea too.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2019
dustydee:

I wonder how some people think. So the bank will erase the money or loan and he is asking if it is legitimate? Whose money or who will then pay back? I think danberg deserves a ban for stupidity.
Keep your shirt on bro.
No one's getting banned here..lol, but I get your drift. I was thinking and saying the same things but the dude kept insisting it was legit and was upset with me and reported me to a fellow associate..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mamatea: 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2019
You can only apply from the country where you have lawful permanent residence. A Visit Visa only provides temporary residence status. Your 'bro' will have to return to Nigeria to apply to Canada for immigration purposes.

fineyemi:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
danberg:

Keep your shirt on bro.
No one's getting banned here..lol, but I get your drift. I was thinking and saying the same things but the dude kept insisting it was legit and was upset with me and reported me to a fellow associate..
Angry? Is it by force to do business? What of his own account?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by salford1: 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
danberg:

Hmmm, my thoughts too. He's not here in UK so, I guess he doesn't understand the implications..
Apart from the fact that it's a criminal idea, It is highly impossible. How do you erase a transaction from a Banks front or back office system? We are talking about a UK bank here not some 3rd world country banking system server.
When a loan is applied for or disbursed, it also hits the credit record of the applicant or recipient at multiple credit reporting agencies. Do you erase those ones too?
Bro, you need to change your circle of friends before they get you into trouble.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
Any reliable place/site to buy a cheap functional car pls?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
danberg:

Thank you very much bro

Its not a crazy idea..its a criminal/fraudulent idea.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
salford1:
Apart from the fact that it's a criminal idea, It is highly impossible. How do you erase a transaction from a Banks front or back office system? We are talking about a UK bank here not some 3rd world country banking system server.
When a loan is applied for or disbursed, it also hits the credit record of the applicant or recipient at multiple credit reporting agencies. Do you erase those ones too?
Bro, you need to change your circle of friends before they get you into trouble.

I think they want to take a loan in your name, and collect 60% of it. And leave you with the payment.

My thoughts though ( from a CyS expert.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
Danberg.... This would be start of the destruction of that credit history + CIFAS, added to your name.........

What they want to do is, use your name, apply for loans at multiple financial institutions.......

They collect 60% and disappear, you collect your meagre % of so called free money (thinking one back end server as got erased).....

Till the banks comes calling, you would call out, scream out, but it's only you left carrying the crying baby........ grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
sgtponzihater1:
Any reliable place/site to buy a cheap functional car pls?

Ebay, gumtree, auctions, Facebook marketplace, autotrader, pistonheads, motors, preloved etc etc

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Ebay, gumtree, auctions, Facebook marketplace, autotrader, pistonheads, motors, preloved etc etc

Sure Man! Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2019
salford1:
Drifting from the topic here. Are you by chance residing in Salford? Asking because of username �

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
danberg:

Thank you very much bro9

Crazy doesnt cut it at all ooo. Run very far away from such "associate" because all they want to do is commit fraud in your name and leave you with the consequence.

No free money anywhere
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2019
fineyemi:

Canada process takes at least 1 year provided you can get the required english score and assessment done and get the ITA within 4 to 6months. And there is no additional point to be gained from applying from in the UK. All in all make sure both of you dont overstay your Visa if not bye bye to anywhere else

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by salford1: 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
tshoboy:

Drifting from the topic here. Are you by chance residing in Salford? Asking because of username �
I used to.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
salford1:

I used to.
Aii
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
danberg:

Keep your shirt on bro.

The reason they need someone with a good credit history is because the fraudsters will use that person's credit profile to apply for loans, credit cards etc. The account might also be used to pay in checks relating to wire fraud. Anyone who gives out his/her account details to be used for such will end up losing everything in the end. You will lose your home, car, denied access to any UK bank accounts for life, convicted of accessory to fraud, banned from entry to any developed country, denied access to any credit instrument for life. A permanent red flag marker will be placed on that person's credit file.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Crownhouxe: 10:43am On Oct 12, 2019
Hello everyone,

I will join spouse soon in the UK, by the grace of GOD. I am curious about my chances of getting a job in the financial services sector on arrival. This will be a transition for me as my current role is the marketing department of a pharmaceutical company here in Nigeria. A bit of a background, I have an MBA with three years Sales/Marketing work experience. I have a passion for finance, hence the decision to transition to this sector. I will appreciate any and all information about my plan.

Best wishes.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 11:20am On Oct 12, 2019
Good day Gurus in the house and Happy Weekend.

I just want to say thank you for all your advice and input on this great platform.

Sorry this is coming quite late but I guess better late than never... Lol.

So I finally arrived the UK alone on the 20th September, booked airbnb for a week and picked up my BRP.

Moved to spareroom afterwards.

Job start date was extended by 4days due to occupational Health clearance palava.

So far, I thank God for His favour and grace.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2019
danberg:

Keep your shirt on bro.

Let's play devil's advocate, and say this free money jamboree is actually real.........

Why are/is this associate not using his/her own details? The loan gets wiped out anyway, so this associate can simply apply/wipe/reapply.........

Or this associate loves you so much and just wants to keep dashing you 25% each time, of this free money rain........

The next thing this associate would offer you is, using your account for wired transfers...... But you must give them your debit card/online access, so when money hits the account, they can have full control....... Simply put, they do not trust you and believe you might run away with their stolen wired transfer, but don't mind setting you up for a date with her majesty @ HMP .....

When NCA comes calling, it's your data that would be pinged...........

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.