Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1309905 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by penurypredator(m): 4:10am On Dec 18, 2019
Good morning everyone
Any recommendations or suggestions on how to call naija cheaply.
Currently using an EE sim card and about to buy the £15 pack but not sure if I can call internationally with the 1000 mins I'll be getting.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:45am On Dec 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Ehnn cloth you fit return the next day , but home is your sanctuary and place to rest after all the rat race hussle for the day ............... Let me find my koboko so i can flog you and your husband smiley cheesy grin . Abeg no try am again ooo . Even if you are busy monday to friday , there is saturday to go view a property

however that has happened, if it crappy then a landlord needs to be held accountable . Reach out to him or the agent that you will report this to the council . Maybe that will him make come and work on it . i would definitely reach out to the council to access the property

Lastly you cannot throw anything that belongs to the landlord if its a furnished apartment ..........if you do when you move out he will take it from your deposit and buy himself new things. you can store it in the house and use your things but dont remove or throw away except you have an agreement in writing

I agree at the bolded lol, you that always give good advise. For your peace of mind and if not expensive fix it yourself and mail the receipt to the agency, expressing how it greatly inconvenienced you and your disappointment at their services.

This LL seems to me like someone who will want to hold on to your deposit. If possible dont stay long in that house and keep all correspondence of complaints.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:46am On Dec 18, 2019
penurypredator:
Good morning everyone
Currently using an EE sim card and about to buy the £15 pack but not sure if I can call internationally with the 1000 mins I'll be getting.

Lebara, lyca or whatapp

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:49am On Dec 18, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Guys Warrisgoing on with Health Surcharge please?? I tried to pay for 2 years under Tier 2 and it’s charging us the equivalent of £1,800. Did I miss a particular memo? It’s meant to be £400 per year! Even if they charge 1 year extra it’s £1,200. I’m tayad! cry

Anyone have a similar experience? Note that my husband’s own (main applicant) went through ok. It’s we the dependents that the figure is turninoniown.

I had a similar experience with Tier 4 application the course is for 20months and IHS charge became £750 at the point of payment. I am suspecting an increase but they may be planning to refund best call them to confirm.

Also what's the duration of the COS date you are using? Maybe that has increased the duration over 24months
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2019
penurypredator:
Good morning everyone

Boss Rev or Tesco Mobile app, 8p per minute for both but text message is free on Tesco

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:52am On Dec 18, 2019
dustydee:

Boris promised to increase the surcharge of he wins, but I doubt it has been implemented.

Really, hmmmn it should even be waived for Tier 2 applicants that pays for NI. UK sha

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2019
penurypredator:
Good morning everyone

If you intend to call international, get a package(local + International combo) from either Lyca, Lebara or Vectone.......

EE, would milk you dry.......... cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 10:11am On Dec 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

This is getting so frequent , Nigeria which way oooooooooooooooo cry

No way sad

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2019
penurypredator:
Good morning everyone
WhatsApp voice and video call is the cheapest cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:59am On Dec 18, 2019
STENON:

The only problem is, the person you're trying to reach could have turned off their data.........

Remember, they throttle data like a combination of NEPA, PHCN & DISCOS........

You would eventually use Gsm to call, and find out they have no data subscription.......... So to call them via WhatsApp, you must buy them that data bundle......... grin wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
Lexusgs430:

The only problem is, the person you're trying to reach could have turned off their data.........

Remember, they throttle data like a combination of NEPA, PHCN & DISCOS........

You would eventually use Gsm to call, and find out they have no data subscription.......... So to call them via WhatsApp, you must buy them that data bundle......... grin wink
Yes, that is true. I don't mind paying 1pound for their data bundle wink so far we go talk for a month with that 1G subscription than buying 10 pounds airtime which start counting immediately the phone starts ringing and you won't even finish all your gist before the thing go finish grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
STENON:
Yes, that is true. I don't mind paying 1pound for their data bundle wink so far we go talk for a month with that 1G subscription than buying 10 pounds airtime which start counting immediately the phone starts ringing and you won't even finish all your gist before the thing go finish grin

Haba, after buying them data, you would also engage them to a one month compulsory talking contract? Madam, you harsh o.......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Haba, after buying them data, you would also engage them to a one month compulsory talking contract? Madam, you harsh o.......... grin
cheesy cheesy
Before nko?

1 pound ain't easy to come by in this country na undecided

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
spacyzuma:

I have gotten IHS refund (£600) when my last work visa was rejected years. I still paid it again when I made a 2nd (and successful) application.

I also got a part-refund on visa fees when my next application took more than 24 hours to get a response after paying for premium.

Sorry to take you back but why were you denied? Don’t think I’ve ever heard of work Visa being denied.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2019
deept:

In these day and age, crooks still remain crooks and are looking to take advantage of people. Always take time to physically view what you want to buy/pay for, the agency is after commissionion.

What cameras can do these days, I have attended viewings with properties that look like heaven in pictures but in reality nothing to write home about. If this is the attitude of the landlords at the beginning of the tenancy, don't expect to receive joy throughout your stay from him.

Thanks dear. I’ve learned. But I believe I can still fight him. I just don’t have time now.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2019
phyl123:

You are jumping the gun here, I only asked the question because 90% of people will view a property before they move in or get someone to view on their behalf. If the landlord misrepresented the conditions of the place during the time of advert, then this is a different issue. You asked for advice, the only way to advise properly is to find out what you knew and what the agreement was at the beginning of the agreement.

Only holidays e.g hotel and holiday home most people will view by pictures and decide not the place you want to make home. If they are too busy they get an agent to view on their behalf.

I had answered this question twice before yours- so technically I didn’t jump the gun.

Even if I had viewed the house, I would have still taken it because it’s a lovely house in a great location. I just don’t like the fact that the landlord doesn’t care enough to keep it in good condition because he expects me to.

Also, what was said is that they would clean up the house. The agent that videod the house said that the house would be cleaned up before I move in- by “clean up” I assumed repainted and fixed- I mean that’s common sense when you’re letting a house out in bad condition.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2019
phyl123:

The agency should have told you about the condition of the property, so you can do two things, withhold your rent until all your demands are met or you find another place.

Thanks very much.

Let us finish Christmas and New year, I’ll seek legal advice first, then I’ll have the agency’s time. My husband is worried they would throw us out that’s why he is scared to chase up.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Ehnn cloth you fit return the next day , but home is your sanctuary and place to rest after all the rat race hussle for the day ............... Let me find my koboko so i can flog you and your husband smiley cheesy grin . Abeg no try am again ooo . Even if you are busy monday to friday , there is saturday to go view a property

however that has happened, if it crappy then a landlord needs to be held accountable . Reach out to him or the agent that you will report this to the council . Maybe that will him make come and work on it . i would definitely reach out to the council to access the property

Lastly you cannot throw anything that belongs to the landlord if its a furnished apartment ..........if you do when you move out he will take it from your deposit and buy himself new things. you can store it in the house and use your things but dont remove or throw away except you have an agreement in writing

grin grin

My dear! I actually left work to view it but couldn’t find the entrance so I as for a video instead and the guy cleverly hid the dirty walls.

Thanks for the advice kiss
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by penurypredator(m): 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2019
STENON:
Nice alternative tbh if not cos of naija bad network.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by penurypredator(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2019
fatima04:

Boss Rev or Tesco Mobile app, 8p per minute for both but text message is free on Tesco
Thanks sis I did check that out as well
Thanks for the recommendation.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by penurypredator(m): 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If you intend to call international, get a package(local + International combo) from either Lyca, Lebara or Vectone.......

EE, would milk you dry.......... cheesy
Saw a £15 unlimited international on Lyca and I sent them a message on Twitter just to be sure Nigeria Is included.
Thanks Boss.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
penurypredator:

Nice alternative tbh if not cos of naija bad network.
Try lyca 150 minutes for 10 pounds or register and download rebtel application and buy 5 to 7 pounds, it's for 73 minutes or so

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Sorry to take you back but why were you denied? Don’t think I’ve ever heard of work Visa being denied.

You will be surprised at reasons for denial. A friend got denied for having done the TB test in the UK and not Nigeria.

You can also get denied if your maintenance money falls 1 day short below the 90days requirement or any of your supporting document does not meet some of the PBS guidelines

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
fatima04:

You will be surprised at reasons for denial. A friend got denied for having done the TB test in the UK and not Nigeria.

You can also get denied if your maintenance money falls 1 day short below the 90days requirement or any of your supporting document does not meet some of the PBS guidelines

Wawu! They should kam dan oh!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 7:39am On Dec 19, 2019

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by urahara(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2019
Mimzyy:

He has been impeached not removed.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 9:40am On Dec 19, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Some issue/misunderstanding with not meeting the required salary threshold. I reapplied soon after and was successful.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:29am On Dec 19, 2019
STENON:
Try lyca 150 minutes for 10 pounds or register and download rebtel application and buy 5 to 7 pounds, it's for 73 minutes or so
I believe rebtel charges VAT. I used vectone for a long time before they reviewed their prices. I switched to rebtel but the VAT payment was a turn off. I now use white calling app. It's 6.5p per minute to Nigeria mobile. I just top up £5 or £10 at a time and use it for months. I have never used the bundle as I imagine it will expire after 30 days.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
Where did I say he was removed ?

urahara:

He has been impeached not removed.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jakandeola(m): 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
Mimzyy:
Where did I say he was removed ?

Yoruba beauty how are u complement of d season.merry Christmas and a happy new yeae
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
Mimzyy:

Audio impeachment......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 1:29pm On Dec 19, 2019
Fine sir. Compliments of the season to you and your family.

jakandeola:
Yoruba beauty how are u complement of d season.merry Christmas and a happy new yeae

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.