Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307467 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:58am On May 29, 2020
Ace721:

work visa, and later try to earn citizenship

Do you think that is possible? I mean you are about to graduate .. i guess no work experience ? Or are you asking for future plan?

Do you have what it takes to get work permit?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 7:58am On May 29, 2020
Please is there anyone using Lyolds Bank and has made transfer with either Ace or Smallworld here. A friend of mine is finding it difficult using them

Inkredible:

Switch to Ace or Small world. Their rates are quite good atm. With a little caveat though.

Ace delivers faster for me. Haven't tried small world yet.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:14am On May 29, 2020
Olalekank:

Approximately a year ago
I came here to ask some questions and then @justwise tried to discredit me lol. I was really pissed and ranted like this.

Here's lagosismyhome response to me then. Still totally valid

smiley cheesy grin... how time flies. One year just now now

But yes it actually very annoying . For people who never been to a country it a valid question . Google doesnt really have some answers for many things as a first hand advice would.

For people who are there , it might sound silly but how will a new person learn. We forget we were once JJC too. If you cannot help why not skip the comment instead of ridiculing or making fun. I personally find it annoying

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 10:33am On May 29, 2020
little caveat mmmmmmmmm..

?

Inkredible:

Switch to Ace or Small world. Their rates are quite good atm. With a little caveat though.

Ace delivers faster for me. Haven't tried small world yet.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by petetherock: 10:57am On May 29, 2020
Goodday wonderful people of this forum, i need your advise over a concern that is really stressing me mentally, my wife is a doctor, just got her full GMC registration and license to practice in the UK, we have been married for 6 years and we have a 5 year old son who is a U.S citizen. We are about to apply as a family under Tier 2 for her to resume work in the NHS, However, i was denied in 2013 a visitor's visa to the UK and it was denied under 3207a which is a category for deception. I couldn't challenge it then, however moving forward, my circumstances has changed, and i have a family now and also changed my job from the one i had when i was denied seven years ago. The issue now is that as a family unit, will my past denial with deception alter my chances to move together with my family? N:B this denial was seven years ago, it was a visitor's visa, was single then, My wife is the principal applicant now and she feels that we will be fine because am her dependent with my son, Some people have said different things that it is technically a ban, but on the refusal letter it was not stated so, i need clarity, what are my chances??
Thanks in advance good people!!!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:16am On May 29, 2020
petetherock:
Goodday wonderful people of this forum, i need your advise over a concern that is really stressing me mentally, my wife is a doctor, just got her full GMC registration and license to practice in the UK, we have been married for 6 years and we have a 5 year old son who is a U.S citizen. We are about to apply as a family under Tier 2 for her to resume work in the NHS, However, i was denied in 2013 a visitor's visa to the UK and it was denied under 3207a which is a category for deception. I couldn't challenge it then, however moving forward, my circumstances has changed, and i have a family now and also changed my job from the one i had when i was denied seven years ago. The issue now is that as a family unit, will my past denial with deception alter my chances to move together with my family? N:B this denial was seven years ago, it was a visitor's visa, was single then, My wife is the principal applicant now and she feels that we will be fine because am her dependent with my son, Some people have said different things that it is technically a ban, but on the refusal letter it was not stated so, i need clarity, what are my chances??

For spousal visa, this would be non issue. But for the tier application, I am not sure......

Only one way to find out, by putting in a honest application.........

NB : But why you too go submit fake bank statements....... cheesy
It's true that our sins, catches up with us along the line ..... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:52am On May 29, 2020
Lexusgs430:

For spousal visa, this would be non issue. But for the tier application, I am not sure......

But OP did not mention what the deception was, did they?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:55am On May 29, 2020
RalphJean:

But OP did not mention what the deception was, did they?

The Lord of indaboski revealed it to me........ wink

Oya make OP tell us o...... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 12:47pm On May 29, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Sorry egbon, but you are not too well sir! grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:47pm On May 29, 2020
icon8:

smiley cheesy grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 12:51pm On May 29, 2020
LagosismyHome:

smiley cheesy grin

I’m telling you, bros yęn o fi gbogbo ara gbadun grin grin grin

His comments are always a joy to read!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ace721(m): 1:05pm On May 29, 2020
justwise:

Do you think that is possible? I mean you are about to graduate .. i guess no work experience ? Or are you asking for future plan?

Do you have what it takes to get work permit?

as a future plan, i'll work here for a while....and of course, i have what it takes.
The only problem here should be bills for my papers/visa etc (which i'm already working on)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 1:23pm On May 29, 2020
You will most likely be required to serve the remainder of your ban while the main application and your child be granted visas.

petetherock:
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:11pm On May 29, 2020
petetherock:

an applicant has only two options. The first is to challenge the decision for removing 10 years ban through appeal or judicial review. If not then wait for 10-years before applying for a UK visa application again or else you will most likely be refused

... so checks 3207a is usually a 10 years ban. Was yours 10 years? .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gentlemate00: 2:26pm On May 29, 2020
You go fly with wings na grin

oniranu:
Please, how does a Nigerian who wants to return to Nigeria from UK go about it especially when there is travel ban right now?
Does a Nigerian still have the right to return to Nigeria despite the lockdown everywhere?
Please house.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 2:37pm On May 29, 2020
I use Lloyds bank and I don’t have probs with transfer except that small world takes about 24 hours to credit you but their rate is higher than ace ATM

Phayie:
Please is there anyone using Lyolds Bank and has made transfer with either Ace or Smallworld here. A friend of mine is finding it difficult using them

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:38pm On May 29, 2020
oniranu:
Please, how does a Nigerian who wants to return to Nigeria from UK go about it especially when there is travel ban right now?
Does a Nigerian still have the right to return to Nigeria despite the lockdown everywhere?
Please house.

The only option till they open is the repatration flights ... dont know if that scheme is still on. Check online

Apart from repatriation flights then you have to wait till commercial flights and airport is back open

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 3:07pm On May 29, 2020
LagosismyHome:

an applicant has only two options. The first is to challenge the decision for removing 10 years ban through appeal or judicial review. If not then wait for 10-years before applying for a UK visa application again or else you will most likely be refused

... so checks 3207a is usually a 10 years ban. Was yours 10 years? .

..after 7 yrs? And you can’t appeal or challenge tourist visa refusal through the court , you can apply for reconsideration ..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:08pm On May 29, 2020
icon8:

Doctor Doctor, we have a sick patient here........ grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:21pm On May 29, 2020
justwise:

..after 7 yrs? And you can’t appeal or challenge tourist visa refusal through the court , you can apply for reconsideration ..

Are you sure exemptions don't exist for tier applications?

Going by the screenshot, it clearly states that subsequent applications would be refused......

But we know under the sub section in question. If a spousal visa is made, it nullifies 320 (7A).......

It might be worthwhile testing this paragraph......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:36pm On May 29, 2020
Bourne007:
You will most likely be required to serve the remainder of your ban while the main application and your child be granted visas.

Haba Huncle, he waves his wife and child bye bye, and can only see them, when madam returns to Nigeria or madam does a zoom call...... Haba.......

We don't want his torry to be like our friend, wey hin wife get sugar issues o...... grin

Not unless Huncles & Haunties, are prepared to become agony ears........ cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:10pm On May 29, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Are you sure exemptions don't exist for tier applications?

Going by the screenshot, it clearly states that subsequent applications would be refused......

But we know under the sub section in question. If a spousal visa is made, it nullifies 320 (7A).......

It might be worthwhile testing this paragraph......

He did not apply for spouse visa, it was visiting visa, even in the case of spouse visa all sins are not forgiven just like that simply because you married a British citizen, that is just in paper.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:30pm On May 29, 2020
justwise:

He did not apply for spouse visa, it was visiting visa, even in the case of spouse visa all sins are not forgiven just like that simply because you married a British citizen, that is just in paper.

They might only waste one's time, but all sins are normally forgiven.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:57pm On May 29, 2020
Lexusgs430:

They might only waste one's time, but all sins are normally forgiven.....

At their own time..and at a cost to the applicant
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:02pm On May 29, 2020
justwise:

At their own time..and at a cost to the applicant

Hence i stated waste of time, not exceeding 2 years, going by precedents.....

But applicant gat no choice........ cheesy

If you're going to fancy Oluwole, fancy Mr Oluwole, not the fake documents factory..... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:17pm On May 29, 2020
Ace721:
Hi fellow Nairalanders,

i'm in my final year at unical, i would really love to work and further my studies in the UK, but i have a few questions:

1. Is it worth it to leave Nigeria to work and live in UK?
2. How easy is it to get a job? (I'm in the medical field, radiography to be exact)
3. Which city is the cheapest buh best city to start? What is the cost of living(rent)?
4. Is it really hard to save money in UK?
5. How much can i survive on for a month?
6. Can i work while going to school?

i just want to know if it would be a good decision to make, and to know what i would face whent i get there...the advantages and disadvantages.
Advice on the way of life in UK would also be appreciated.

i'm waiting for a response, thank you in advance.

Ace721:

as a future plan, i'll work here for a while....and of course, i have what it takes.
The only problem here should be bills for my papers/visa etc (which i'm already working on)

1. That entirely depends on what you want in life..its a personal decision

2. Its not easy to get a job and its not also hard to get one...depends on your experiences, how persistent you go about your job hunt etc.

3. Again this will also be your personal decision, if one recommended a city for you here you may not like it when you get here and start comparing things.

4. No its not hard if you are disciplined else you will spend your salary even before you get paid.

5. That is a millions dollar question..get here first you will answer this one yourself.

6. Yes but one must be on part time basis
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 9:49pm On May 29, 2020
Thanks

omopapa:
I use Lloyds bank and I don’t have probs with transfer except that small world takes about 24 hours to credit you but their rate is higher than ace ATM

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 10:14pm On May 29, 2020
Lol Egbon wa grin

I know of a similar case where the wife applied from naija trying to switch visa, decision made and was banned for 10 years knowing fully well the husband/kid were still in the UK.

Really sounds harsh but unfortunately it's what it is. He doesn't fall under the exemption but he could give a compelling reason to justify his re-entry.

Lexusgs430:

Haba Huncle, he waves his wife and child bye bye, and can only see them, when madam returns to Nigeria or madam does a zoom call...... Haba.......

We don't want his torry to be like our friend, wey hin wife get sugar issues o...... grin

Not unless Huncles & Haunties, are prepared to become agony ears........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:35pm On May 29, 2020
Bourne007:
Lol Egbon wa grin

I know of a similar case where the wife applied from naija trying to switch visa, decision made and was banned for 10 years knowing fully well the husband/kid were still in the UK.

Really sounds harsh but unfortunately it's what it is. He doesn't fall under the exemption but he could give a compelling reason to justify his re-entry.

He better hold hin wife back for 9ja..... Or be prepared to live like a bachelor.......

Baban dagbe, iya yonwa........ tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 11:01pm On May 29, 2020
3 years no too far again . .. ... Oju lo pe si

Lexusgs430:

He better hold hin wife back for 9ja..... Or be prepared to live like a bachelor.......

Baban dagbe, iya yonwa........ tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:17pm On May 29, 2020
Bourne007:
3 years no too far again . .. ... Oju lo pe si

Enough time to bag a Degree......... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.