Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1316736 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 10:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
Admiral insurance did well o. I was refunded £25 today. At all at all...

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
Mimzyy:

Money to chop monika......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 10:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
Mimzyy:
Same here them try sha, but i’m never gonna renew with them

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 10:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
Aww why?

TRAY2:
Same here them try sha, but i’m never gonna renew with them
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
Egbon grin grin grin

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bukhety(f): 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2020
TRAY2:
Congratulations on being in one of the most sort after jobs in the UK, I moved to UK last year January on tier 2 Visa as Radiographer, I must say it is the best decision ever, I got 3 job offers, Southhampton, Manchester and Scunthorpe, after lots of enquiries, i decided to move to Scunny, because it is a cheaper and more economical place to start life in a foreign land, and i also had colleagues working there, In my almost 1 year plus here, i have achieved a lot of which in 10 years back home i would not have achieved, UK is the best place to practice Radiography in the world, here you can get to the highest level of this Profession, I am being sponsored by my Trust for postgraduate studies in Medical Ultrasound in University of leeds, about to buy a house, bought a new car, moved my family, got my UK driving license, etc. All i can say is, do your internship and learn very well, Luckily i also finished from UNICAL, we have one of the best Medical School graduates, From Nysc start your registration with HCPC, get it and start applying for jobs, get skype interviews, and by the time you are through with service you must have gotten a job and take it from there. I hope this helps.
Hi, pls my husband is a vet doc with about 14 yrs experience. We recently started thinking of moving our young family to the uk perharps with him going first ( we have three young kids ages 7, 4 and 1). I recently read about the tier 2 visa, but we are confused as to how he can start applying for jobs. Will he just start searching online for vet jobs in the uk or there is a special process for this. Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:00am On Jun 04, 2020
Mimzyy:
Egbon grin grin grin

Aunty........ grin

You never chop monika, since you enter uk......

You dey miss o....... The perfect companion on a boozy night out...... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bukhety(f): 6:30am On Jun 04, 2020
bukhety:

Hi, pls my husband is a vet doc with about 14 yrs experience. We recently started thinking of moving our young family to the uk perharps with him going first ( we have three young kids ages 7, 4 and 1). I recently read about the tier 2 visa, but we are confused as to how he can start applying for jobs. Will he just start searching online for vet jobs in the uk or there is a special process for this. Thanks in advance.
Pls help me!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 8:36am On Jun 04, 2020
Mimzyy:
Aww why?

my first quote was ok £745 with my provisional license, when i got my License, i had to pay additional £452, which i found ridiculous, and they wouldn’t take even a pence off it. I’m gonna have to look for a better deal when it’s time to renew.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 8:41am On Jun 04, 2020
bukhety:

Pls help me!
I don’t really know about Vet Docs,I know Docs have to be registered with GMC, after passing Plab 1 and 2. Before applying for jobs.

@ogarlexusgs430 please help her.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bukhety(f): 9:22am On Jun 04, 2020
TRAY2:
I don’t really know about Vet Docs,I know Docs have to be registered with GMC, after passing Plab 1 and 2. Before applying for jobs.

Thank u
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:51am On Jun 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:

How you dey take go eat Monika from Strood?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by drgbaks(f): 10:18am On Jun 04, 2020
bukhety:

Unfortunately, the situation is quiet different for Vets here. As a vet, you have to pass their licensing exams (which cost about £2500 in total) before you can practice. And you have to do all parts of the exam here in the UK.

And preparing for such an exam will take whomever at least a year because:

1. it's almost like an un-learning and re-learning of everything you are taught in Nigeria. Your years of experience almost never counts. This is mainly because we are taught from a theoretical point of view while here it's more practical.

2. The system is structured such that the pass rate is LOW.

3. Plus, you need to "see practice" that is go to vet clinics, hospitals and farms to observe clinical and non-clinical procedures before taking the exams.

For a start though, you can check out this website where all you need to do, the exam curriculum, past questions and pass list etc have been listed.

https://www.rcvs.org.uk/registration/applications-veterinary-surgeons/statutory-membership-exam/

But people pass o. I personally know about 5 vets from Nigeria who are practicing in the UK now. But they all will tell you the same thing- it's a lot of hardwork. Only ONE person passed after a year. Others took more years than that.

The GOOD NEWS is that with the new Boris-led Brexit Government, the Vet Council here is considering hiring unqualified vets to do some vet jobs usually taken up by European vets e.g Meat inspection etc. But this consideration is still in the early phases and not yet concrete.

So unless, your husband can come in through another route then take his exams then...

If you have more questions, you can drop me a mail. I'm willingly to help to the best of my ability.

All the best!

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
TRAY2:

Someone else already let the dogs out..... Woof woof....... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

How you dey take go eat Monika from Strood?

Haba, when i am not a prisoner in Strood........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Haba, when i am not a prisoner in Strood........ grin

There is whitehart and kspice not too far from you. Why go that far? They both sell humongous monikas grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

There is whitehart and kspice not too far from you. Why go that far? They both sell humongous monikas grin

Make una see this man o..... He is cruising my zone, better than me........

Diaris God o...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Make una see this man o..... He is cruising my zone, better than me........

Diaris God o...... cheesy

What are you talking about mate, I sometimes sleep in Swanscombe wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 9:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
What’s the meaning of monika ooooo. I’m lost

Lexusgs430:

Aunty........ grin

You never chop monika, since you enter uk......

You dey miss o....... The perfect companion on a boozy night out...... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
Really ridiculous. I would expect the price to even reduce after getting your full licence. Seniors in the house, isn’t that how it should be ?

TRAY2:
my first quote was ok £745 with my provisional license, when i got my License, i had to pay additional £452, which i found ridiculous, and they wouldn’t take even a pence off it. I’m gonna have to look for a better deal when it’s time to renew.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mimzyy:
What’s the meaning of monika ooooo. I’m lost

Wonlasewonimi...... Should we tell her..... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

What are you talking about mate, I sometimes sleep in Swanscombe wink

You be Agba nah..... Father of plenty nations....... grin

My langalanga only get one sharp side..... tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
Don’t leave me in the dark na embarassed embarassed embarassed

Lexusgs430:

Wonlasewonimi...... Should we tell her..... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mimzyy:
Really ridiculous. I would expect the price to even reduce after getting your full licence. Seniors in the house, isn’t that how it should be ?

Loads of factors determine the cost of vehicle insurance......

Buy an Audi A3 S3, Golf GTi etc etc, have the best post code, best driving history etc etc

Your insurance company know the car MUST be stolen one day, one day.... So they quote accordingly.....

Once you get your driving licence, you're now high risk, because you would be on the road more now, as opposed to when you had a provisional licence.....

So you see, insurance is a deep pit of clauses....... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mimzyy:

You really don't want to know....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mimzyy:

If we told you, only 2 things are involved......

Either you are - :

- Shocked
- Amazed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Na wah o. Seriously learning. Hmmm.

Lexusgs430:

Loads of factors determine the cost of vehicle insurance......

Buy an Audi A3 S3, Golf GTi etc etc, have the best post code, best driving history etc etc

Your insurance company know the car MUST be stolen one day, one day.... So they quote accordingly.....

Once you get your driving licence, you're now high risk, because you would be on the road more now, as opposed to when you had a provisional licence.....

So you see, insurance is a deep pit of clauses....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
There’s nothing new in this world jor. Tell me please as long as it’s not going to kill me cheesy

Lexusgs430:

If we told you, only 2 things are involved......

Either you are - :

- Shocked
- Amazed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mimzyy:
There’s nothing new in this world jor. Tell me please as long as it’s not going to kill me cheesy

I would not want to be held responsible o..... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Bros shey you see what you’re making me do. angry angry
Lexusgs430:

I would not want to be held responsible o..... grin

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
And that's how summer take end.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bukhety(f): 12:06am On Jun 05, 2020
drgbaks:

Unfortunately, the situation is quiet different for Vets here. As a vet, you have to pass their licensing exams (which cost about £2500 in total) before you can practice. And you have to do all parts of the exam here in the UK.

And preparing for such an exam will take whomever at least a year because:

1. it's almost like an un-learning and re-learning of everything you are taught in Nigeria. Your years of experience almost never counts. This is mainly because we are taught from a theoretical point of view while here it's more practical.

2. The system is structured such that the pass rate is LOW.

3. Plus, you need to "see practice" that is go to vet clinics, hospitals and farms to observe clinical and non-clinical procedures before taking the exams.

For a start though, you can check out this website where all you need to do, the exam curriculum, past questions and pass list etc have been listed.

https://www.rcvs.org.uk/registration/applications-veterinary-surgeons/statutory-membership-exam/

But people pass o. I personally know about 5 vets from Nigeria who are practicing in the UK now. But they all will tell you the same thing- it's a lot of hardwork. Only ONE person passed after a year. Others took more years than that.

The GOOD NEWS is that with the new Boris-led Brexit Government, the Vet Council here is considering hiring unqualified vets to do some vet jobs usually taken up by European vets e.g Meat inspection etc. But this consideration is still in the early phases and not yet concrete.

So unless, your husband can come in through another route then take his exams then...

If you have more questions, you can drop me a mail. I'm willingly to help to the best of my ability.

All the best!

Thank you sis. I appreciate. I will send u a mail. Thanks once again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.