Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1316499 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 12:12am On Jun 05, 2020
On some island.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Soknown: 12:17am On Jun 05, 2020
TRAY2:
. I hope this helps.
Wow, How is Scunthorpe ? I am in Grimsby, North East Lincs. When i was moving to this place, i thought there won't be many Nigerians but lo and behold, there is a significant Nigerian popuation.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:59am On Jun 05, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Wonlasewonimi...... Should we tell her..... cheesy

Help her condition o. grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:26am On Jun 05, 2020
Soknown:

Wow, How is Scunthorpe ? I am in Grimsby, North East Lincs. When i was moving to this place, i thought there won't be many Nigerians but lo and behold, there is a significant Nigerian popuation.

Nigerian's are everywhere..... Too many of us in Nigeria, so we must spread ourselves like river Niger.......... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:29am On Jun 05, 2020
Mimzyy:

Bros shey you see what you’re making me do. angry angry

Google never know it all..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:31am On Jun 05, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

Help her condition o. grin

Madam even went to ask Google....... wink

Google failed woefully........ wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 2:17am On Jun 05, 2020
Soknown:

I am in Grimsby too bro! I work with one of the Mental health hospital there! Make we meet na make I chop Nkwobi on top your head na grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Soknown: 8:53am On Jun 05, 2020
Tobexin:
I am in Grimsby too bro! I work with one of the Mental health hospital there! Make we meet na make I chop Nkwobi on top your head na grin grin
Wow, this is great. I work in the gardens. We go arrange am, make I finish my night. Are you with Nav or DPOW.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:55am On Jun 05, 2020
Now we have parity on bus travel for kids (11 - 16) year olds......

TFL cancelled that scheme in London....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Soknown: 9:00am On Jun 05, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Nigerian's are everywhere..... Too many of us in Nigeria, so we must spread ourselves like river Niger.......... cheesy
When I came for the interview, right at the town train station, one man was on phone 'blaring away' in Yoruba, even in the this small corner of UK.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 9:35am On Jun 05, 2020
Soknown:

Wow, this is great. I work in the gardens. We go arrange am, make I finish my night. Are you with Nav or DPOW.
oh that is great! I am with Bradley woodlands hospital. Make we control na! I stay in Cleethorpes.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 10:36am On Jun 05, 2020
Bros, you never answer @Mimzyy oh

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:33am On Jun 05, 2020
beryour:
Bros, you never answer @Mimzyy oh

Oga, biko remind me the question....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
Soknown:

Good to see that there are a lot more Nigerians in the NE than I originally thought. I have worked in Grimsby and live close by, but my working career has taken me around most remote towns in the NE. The NE is a hidden goldmine for healthcare professionals, most people tend to think that London and the south is where the money is.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Soknown: 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Tobexin:
oh that is great! I am with Bradley woodlands hospital. Make we control na! I stay in Cleethorpes.
Cool, i will contact.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Soknown: 1:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
claremont:

Good to see that there are a lot more Nigerians in the NE than I originally thought. I have worked in Grimsby and live close by, but my working career has taken me around most remote towns in the NE. The NE is a hidden goldmine for healthcare professionals, most people tend to think that London and the south is where the money is.
Most of my colleagues in Surrey don't know jack about NE. It's a hidden treasure like you said. Life is simple, easy-paced and cheap over here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ikjosh04: 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
claremont:

Do NE need biomedical engineers too?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ikjosh04: 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
Hi, please I'll like to know your view on biomedical engineering? Is the career a fertile course in uk? I'm looking to go for my masters in biomedical engineering.
TRAY2:
Congratulations on being in one of the most sort after jobs in the UK, I moved to UK last year January on tier 2 Visa as Radiographer, I must say it is the best decision ever, I got 3 job offers, Southhampton, Manchester and Scunthorpe, after lots of enquiries, i decided to move to Scunny, because it is a cheaper and more economical place to start life in a foreign land, and i also had colleagues working there, In my almost 1 year plus here, i have achieved a lot of which in 10 years back home i would not have achieved, UK is the best place to practice Radiography in the world, here you can get to the highest level of this Profession, I am being sponsored by my Trust for postgraduate studies in Medical Ultrasound in University of leeds, about to buy a house, bought a new car, moved my family, got my UK driving license, etc. All i can say is, do your internship and learn very well, Luckily i also finished from UNICAL, we have one of the best Medical School graduates, From Nysc start your registration with HCPC, get it and start applying for jobs, get skype interviews, and by the time you are through with service you must have gotten a job and take it from there. I hope this helps.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Oga, biko remind me the question....... grin

Me too I am interested oo, what is a Monica biko
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
claremont:

Good to see that there are a lot more Nigerians in the NE than I originally thought. I have worked in Grimsby and live close by, but my working career has taken me around most remote towns in the NE. The [b]NE is a hidden goldmine for healthcare [/b]professionals, most people tend to think that London and the south is where the money is.

Abeg expantiate make i do my research and port to where money � is at
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hammed71(m): 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
i think moniker is like one's username if I am right sha,.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lexusgs430:

London and TFL tried alot. In other county's, Kids pay for journey after 5yrs
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
hammed71:
i think moniker is like one's username if I am right sha,.

Well, they sound similar..... But this is not an oral english class, so i would forgive you......... grin

Moniker vs Monika....... You see..... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
fatima04:

Me too I am interested oo, what is a Monica biko

Madam, you too..... You wan join bad geng..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by preciouschiomy: 4:29am On Jun 06, 2020
Hello everyone. Childminder is needed urgently. If you know anyone that knows anyone who would be interested. Pls let me know. I stay in Havering. Romford to be precise.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by preciouschiomy: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2020
Mellady:
Point of correction, .. Yoruba women, not Nigerian women grin

Please check your mail
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:34am On Jun 06, 2020
Phenmeson:

London and TFL tried alot. In other county's, Kids pay for journey after 5yrs

TFL is expensive for the services they provide, so they need to give back by doing free kids travel

For me them no dey try at all

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by joyfuljoy1234: 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
HI.......I can assist with your request and i also stay in Romford
Just sent an email.Please check
preciouschiomy:
Hello everyone. Childminder is needed urgently. If you know anyone that knows anyone who would be interested. Pls let me know. I stay in Havering. Romford to be precise.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by preciouschiomy: 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
joyfuljoy1234:
HI.......I can assist with your request and i also stay in Romford
Just sent an email.Please check

I replied your email
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 2:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
LagosismyHome:

TFL is expensive for the services they provide, so they need to give back by doing free kids travel

For me them no dey try at all

Do you mean services offered by them are not good enough? Apart from London, I don't know other cities in UK that charge £1.50 on a bus trip. I still giv kudos to TFL for their services and price. They also give free travel to 60+ on rail services
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
Phenmeson:

Do you mean services offered by them are not good enough? Apart from London, I don't know other cities in UK that charge £1.50 on a bus trip. I still giv kudos to TFL for their services and price. They also give free travel to 60+ on rail services

Bus rides used to be much more expensive, it was Ken Livingstone that brought down the prices and made it much simpler to use.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:52am On Jun 07, 2020
Phenmeson:

The 60+ travel, is not a TFL policy.... It's nationwide. Freedom pass for geriatrics...... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.