Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1304230 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 12:43am On Jun 15, 2020
This your vision 2022 visa planning ehn grin

It's no big deal

profemebee:
Hello all...

How's summer treating y'all?

Please is it a big deal if some of your letters and docs come without ur middle name?

My NHS letter and water bill comes with just my first and last names...no middle names... while some other come with middle name as seen on my passport and BRP..

I do hope this won't be a problem when i want to renew my spousal visa..

Thanks for anticipated responses..

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:24am On Jun 15, 2020
umarwy:

I renewed my pasport in London couple of months ago.

If you havent been there before, it will give you a nice reminder about what Nigeria is and how we operate.

You can call, but will they pick? I tried calling them multiple times as well but I was not satisfied with the response to my enquiry.

Driving is fine, be ready to pay for parking. I think I paid 50 pounds for 4 hours parking in qpark trafalger square.

Best time to arrive is befor they come to office. I remember their office hours is 11am to 1pm or some crazy thing like that.

Go with cold water, food, ludo boards, newspaper, hand fan, etc and pray they dont have issues with network..

PS if you can shell out extra cash you might be able to do man know man and cut your whole appointment time. (I applied, did biometrics and collected my passport same day). But if you arent in a rush enjoy the naija atmosphere.

Hope you remembered to pay congestion charge?....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 5:37am On Jun 15, 2020
Dexter07:
Top of the day Friends, URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLS

I have just done an online application to the Nigerian high commision for renewal of my passport.
I saw one is no longer allowed to book appointments but advised to strictly attend the date provided on the payment receipt

I applied on 14th June and was given a date on the 22nd June.
I have never been there before, Moreso I am not familiar with London.

Can one call them to defer this date? What is the most convenient way to travel to london from West midlands ..Train or drive ?, I would actually prefer driving because of the COVID pandemic but I have heard a lot about driving in London, What about car park?
What time is best to arrive at the embassy?

Thanks

Hi Dexter07,

is the high comission open for passpprt services. I need to renew mine urgently also for wrk.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lukaku95: 6:09am On Jun 15, 2020
Please how much does it cost to get an international passport ??
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:44am On Jun 15, 2020
profemebee:
Hello all...

How's summer treating y'all?

Please is it a big deal if some of your letters and docs come without ur middle name?

My NHS letter and water bill comes with just my first and last names...no middle names... while some other come with middle name as seen on my passport and BRP..

I do hope this won't be a problem when i want to renew my spousal visa..

Thanks for anticipated responses..

I would say definitely this should be fine

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 7:59am On Jun 15, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Hope you remembered to pay congestion charge?....... cheesy

I did not pay oh, either the car I drove was exempt or I did not follow routes that the charge applied
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 15, 2020
Guys, do you know the criteria of Coronavirus PCR test for those returning to Nigeria. Will they accept home kit tests as NHS also use this?
Are we going to be responsible for coronavirus test in Nigeria? Further info on http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/uploads/news/NewGuidelinesArrival.pdf
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:53am On Jun 15, 2020
umarwy:

I did not pay oh, either the car I drove was exempt or I did not follow routes that the charge applied

And you parked close to trafalgar square?...... grin

TFL don see coffee and doughnut money...... No vehicle is now exempt from CC......... (possibly only black cabs & public transport buses, ambulance, police etc).....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2020
Lexusgs430:

And you parked close to trafalgar square?...... grin

TFL don see coffee and doughnut money...... No vehicle is now exempt from CC......... (possibly only black cabs & public transport buses, ambulance, police etc).....

Well that one na their wahala, it was since may ABI April, and I haven't received anything in the post.

Na moi moi and pap them fit afford
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2020
umarwy:

Well that one na their wahala, it was since may ABI April, and I haven't received anything in the post.

Lol..... If the vehicle is registered to you..... I hate to be a bearer of bad news......... cheesy

That coffee and doughnut, must be consumed......... wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ybahrbz91: 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
Good Afternoon House. I am a Physiotherapist who is interested in migrating to the UK. I would appreciate if there is any Physiotherapist in the house who has successfully migrated through the HCPC programme should kindly put me through.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Congestion Charges were suspended for Two months until- mid May
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Thegamingorca(m): 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Lol..... If the vehicle is registered to you..... I hate to be a bearer of bad news......... cheesy

That coffee and doughnut, must be consumed......... wink

I didn't know that this also applied to Scotland yard
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
DisGuy:
Congestion Charges were suspended for Two months until- mid May

Very true o ....... Oyel dey your head..... No doughnut and coffee for TFL.....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
hosey:
Guys, do you know the criteria of Coronavirus PCR test for those returning to Nigeria. Will they accept home kit tests as NHS also use this?
Are we going to be responsible for coronavirus test in Nigeria? Further info on http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/uploads/news/NewGuidelinesArrival.pdf

Home kit test?
In Nigeria?

NO.
We do not accept.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
lol no be so.... osheyyyyyyyyyy

Bourne007:
This your vision 2022 visa planning ehn grin

It's no big deal

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 9:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
umarwy:

You were very lucky because it was suspended for a while during lockdown.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
marylandcakes:

You were very lucky because it was suspended for a while during lockdown.

I did my passport before lockdown though.

I will post update when/if the fine comes in
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bigplans2020: 12:32am On Jun 16, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am a mother of 4, planning to relocate to the UK from Nigeria before December 31st this year, as I plan to apply for pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme.

I have an Irish citizen son who just turned 17, and 3 other children who are Non-EU. I would appreciate some advice on how to proceed with regards to the following:

1. Safe and inexpensive place to live. I have been considering boroughs around Manchester

2. Low rent housing

3. School for my children aged 14, 12, and 10

4. Things I can do for income until I get my approval, as I gather it can take a long time

Any other general advice on how to settle in will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:36am On Jun 16, 2020
Bigplans2020:
Hello Everyone,

I am a mother of 4, planning to relocate to the UK from Nigeria before December 31st this year, as I plan to apply for pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme.

I have an Irish citizen son who just turned 17, and 3 other children who are Non-EU. I would appreciate some advice on how to proceed with regards to the following:

1. Safe and inexpensive place to live. I have been considering boroughs around Manchester

2. Low rent housing

4. Things I can do for income until I get my approval, as I gather it can take a long time

You sure got some big plans here..... Let's await my Oga's in the Midlands, to contribute meaningfully....... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 2:13am On Jun 16, 2020
Bigplans2020:
Hello Everyone,

2. Low rent housing

Why do you want to relocate Think twice. Nigeria is a very good country , with the little u have life is better here than abroad. No place like home my sister. I have heard a lot that UK is not an easy country to live.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:11am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

Why do you want to relocate Think twice. Nigeria is a very good country , with the little u have life is better here than abroad. No place like home my sister. I have heard a lot that UK is not an easy country to live.

Was I dreaming a dreamt......... grin (in zebrudiah's voice)......... grin

So why do you want to run to your wife, in the UK?..... cheesy

Aye o........ cool

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:12am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

Why do you want to relocate Think twice. Nigeria is a very good country , with the little u have life is better here than abroad. No place like home my sister. I have heard a lot that UK is not an easy country to leave, post relocation comparison.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:40am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

Sorry which Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:52am On Jun 16, 2020
justwise:

Sorry which Nigeria?

smiley cheesy grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 7:24am On Jun 16, 2020
justwise:

Sorry which Nigeria?
Nigeria you know now. Our president is Buhari.

My beloved country. I just realized it that if one have a good job in Nigeria, one will be happy in this country and be happy than in the UK where one work y ass off. I am very free in Nigeria and I am not relocating again. A country that my wife has bin for years, she can't even save penny while me in Nigeria, just five months I av saved close to 1M. All I see in the UK is just the beauty, that is all. All y savings goes back to the system. I now like my country Nigeria and very comfortable.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 7:26am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

My beloved country. I just realized it that if one have a good job in Nigeria, one will be happy in this country and be happy than in the UK where one work y ass off. I am very free in Nigeria and I am not relocating again. A country that my wife has bin for years, she can't even save penny while me in Nigeria, just five months I av saved close to 1M. All I see in the UK is just the beauty, that is all. All y savings goes back to the system. I now like my country Nigeria and very comfortable.

Happy about your choice. Wishing you all the best in this new path.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 7:26am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

Bookmarked for future reference!

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 7:33am On Jun 16, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Was I dreaming a dreamt......... grin (in zebrudiah's voice)......... grin

So why do you want to run to your wife, in the UK?..... cheesy

Aye o........ cool

I am not running again. I have realized it that Nigeria is a good country. If one has a good job one will enjoy this country. How many years have my wife stayed in the UK without saving a penny while me in Nigeria I have saved closed to 1M in just six months job I started. I am happy and comfortable now in Nigeria. What is the big deal in UK. What do u guys have that Nigeria don't have?? Nigeria is a rich country. I prefer it here with my family than the boring UK .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2020
This guy is an obvious joker, while location shows London, you still come here to give us faabu of all sorts.

Ma je ki ara to nse pressup visit e oh

LuvlyIva:

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2020
beryour:
This guy is an obvious joker, while location shows London, you still come here to give us faabu of all sorts.

Ma je ki ara to nse pressup visit e oh

Leave location alone. The location was there when I visited UK 2018 and when I came bk I forgot to remove it. Let me even remove it fast. Make Una carry Una yeye London go. Just parcaging Una get, no money to show for it. See how I waisted my time that I want to come to the UK not knowing that no money. Nigeria is the best country to leave joor. All the best to u all
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 8:01am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

Leave location alone. The location was there when I visited UK 2018 and when I came bk I forgot to remove it. Let me even remove it fast. Make Una carry Una yeye London go. Just parcaging Una get, no money to show for it. See how I waisted my time that I want to come to the UK not knowing that no money. Nigeria is the best country to leave joor. All the best to u all

He said best country to LEAVE.
I will leave it there.

Meanwhile, this your quick decision, and ability to save millions in a few months (Most of it during lockdown for that matter). Does it effectively mean your marriage has now become marriage -by-correspondence?

While I lived in Katsina State a long time ago, I learned some hausa language.
I wish I could translate in English:

“Makaho ya rasa ido; wai ido da wari “

Anyone able to translate please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.