Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1304247 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:03am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

I am not running again. I have realized it that Nigeria is a good country. If one has a good job one will enjoy this country. How many years have my wife stayed in the UK without saving a penny while me in Nigeria I have saved closed to 1M in just six months job I started. I am happy and comfortable now in Nigeria. What is the big deal in UK. What do u guys have that Nigeria don't have?? Nigeria is a rich country. I prefer it here with my family than the boring UK .

You're sounding defeated........ grin

1M is under £2K..... Need I say any more....... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 8:08am On Jun 16, 2020
When frustration enter one's mind, its worse than poison!

I just know the guy is feeding Nairaland with bicycle tales out of prolly desperation or fun

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:19am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:
Nigeria you know now. Our president is Buhari.

My beloved country. I just realized it that if one have a good job in Nigeria, one will be happy in this country and be happy than in the UK where one work y ass off. I am very free in Nigeria and I am not relocating again. A country that my wife has bin for years, she can't even save penny while me in Nigeria, just five months I av saved close to 1M. All I see in the UK is just the beauty, that is all. All y savings goes back to the system. I now like my country Nigeria and very comfortable.

She cannot save a penny because she has one income coming in the uk and not two and probably earning minimum wages... ofcourse that category wont have any savings. It like saying someone in nigeria earning the minimum wage of 30,000 naira and One INCOME will have any savings or be very comfortable in nigeria

So you are not comparing apples for apples. If you earn well in nigeria you will be comfortable in Nigeria, if you earn well in UK it will be the same as well , you enjoy here . Same with any country
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:44am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

My beloved country. I just realized it that if one have a good job in Nigeria, one will be happy in this country and be happy than in the UK where one work y ass off. I am very free in Nigeria and I am not relocating again. A country that my wife has bin for years, she can't even save penny while me in Nigeria, just five months I av saved close to 1M. All I see in the UK is just the beauty, that is all. All y savings goes back to the system. I now like my country Nigeria and very comfortable.

LuvlyIva:

I am not running again. I have realized it that Nigeria is a good country. If one has a good job one will enjoy this country. How many years have my wife stayed in the UK without saving a penny while me in Nigeria I have saved closed to 1M in just six months job I started. I am happy and comfortable now in Nigeria. What is the big deal in UK. What do u guys have that Nigeria don't have?? Nigeria is a rich country. I prefer it here with my family than the boring UK .

grin each time you post the month increases .

It amazes me when i read from people who suddenly fall inlove with Nigeria just after their effort to travel abroad failed .

If you are now happy in NIgeria please enjoy it but don't compare these two countries.. two parallel lines

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:55am On Jun 16, 2020
beryour:
When frustration enter one's mind, its worse than poison!

I just know the guy is feeding Nairaland with bicycle tales out of prolly desperation or fun

Ever wondered why a person lacking incisors, hates eating kpomo, shaki and chicken?..... grin

Only prefers eating fish (but not kpanla)....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 9:56am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

I want to believe you are trolling right?

Let me highlight a couple of things for you
- The 1M that you are touting is mere 2k pounds lol
- In Nigeria, you can be shot by the people who are meant to protect you - the police. All that needs to happen is for you to take an uber, they label you as a yahoo boy, and extort all the money in your account
- You leave home at 5:30am only to get home by 9/10pm
- Erhm, can you work from home for a day without turning on gen or cursing the internet?
- Would you rather your kids going to UNILAG or UNIBEN rather than a University in Southampton?
- Have you heard of people getting rejected at different hospitals?
- Have you seen the numerous cases of rape in Nigeria recently without the perpetrators getting caught?

Yes, I prefer the system taking my money if it offers me good healthcare, good education for my kids, security, amenities, etc

BTW, tell me one place where you don't work hard

13 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 9:59am On Jun 16, 2020
Olalekank:

I want to believe you are trolling right?

- The 1M that you are touting is mere 2k pounds lol
- In Nigeria, you can be shot by the people who are meant to protect you - the police. All that needs to happen is for you to take an uber, they label you as a yahoo boy, and extort all the money in your account
- You leave home at 5:30am only to get home by 9/10pm
- Erhm, can you work from home for a day without turning on gen or cursing the internet?
- Would you rather your kids going to UNILAG or UNIBEN rather than a University in Southampton?
- Have you heard of people getting rejected at different hospitals?
- Have you seen the numerous cases of rape in Nigeria recently without the perpetrators getting caught?

Yes, I prefer the system taking my money if it offers me good healthcare, good education for my kids, security, amenities, etc

You guys have time sha. Stop taking the bait!

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 10:22am On Jun 16, 2020
Olalekank:

I want to believe you are trolling right? Nooooo I am not trolling ooo! Nigeria is the best country, my eyes don open now. One can make it in Nigeria with good job

- The 1M that you are touting is mere 2k pounds lol: - yes I now. I know . How many people av saved that in UK ? Just few. U guys only live on loan. Lol
- In Nigeria, you can be shot by the people who are meant to protect you - the police. It is happening all over the world. See USA recent killing. Lol. Protection is in the hands of God.
All at needs to happen is for you to take an uber, they label you as a yahoo boy, and extort all the money in your account
- You leave home at 5:30am only to get home by 9/10pm:
Our government are working on it. Lol! We huzzle to make money, it makes us strong. Well for me I go with the staff bus by 7am, relax in the bus and at home by 6:45pm. What is more than this
- Erhm, can you work from home for a day without turning on gen or cursing the internet? That is one of the problem I will say that Nigeria has but our government are working on it. I believe it will change
- Would you rather your kids going to UNILAG or UNIBEN rather than a University in Southampton? I will prefer them go to convent university or Lagos business school. Uni lag is a very good school. No much different joor
- Have you heard of people getting rejected at different hospitals? Not true ooo! What of UK that takes longer queue bf one can see the so call GP. Appointment just 5min but, here in Nigeria the doctor takes his or her time. Your health care no make sense, different protocol. Lol
- Have you seen the numerous cases of rape in Nigeria recently without the perpetrators getting caught? It is happening all over the world

Yes, I prefer the system taking my money if it offers me good healthcare, good education for my kids, security, amenities, etc: hmmmm! Is that all ?? All for free!!! Lol. In Nigeria we also have best schools for our kids e.g British school, white sand, Corona, etc

in Nigeria. no stress in ones job if you have a good job. With lot of benefits
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2020
justwise:

grin each time you post the month increases .

It amazes me when i read from people who suddenly fall inlove with Nigeria just after their effort to travel abroad failed .

If you are now happy in NIgeria please enjoy it but don't compare these two countries.. two parallel lines

The increase of the month on matter. 5 and 6 months still the same thing. Within just this few months I have saved 1M.

Bros Nigeria is still the best country. Haba! There is nothing like freedom in ones country. UK u ride car, u are scared, u use water plenty bill increase. Lol. Is this life!! My freedom abeki
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2020
Sipping tea.

Interesting.

I m happy you changed your mind about travelling. Now that you are comfortable, please be sending your wife money for hair and makeup monthly.once she is back on her feet ,you guys can replan.

see how well you are doing here,but you wanted to leave it to go depend on a lady who is sheltering in place because of covid-19. E no gell na. Welldone

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 10:38am On Jun 16, 2020
LagosismyHome:

She cannot save a penny because she has one income coming in the uk and not two and probably earning minimum wages... ofcourse that category wont have any savings. It like saying someone in nigeria earning the minimum wage of 30,000 naira and One INCOME will have any savings or be very comfortable in nigeria

So you are not comparing apples for apples. If you earn well in nigeria you will be comfortable in Nigeria, if you earn well in UK it will be the same as well , you enjoy here . Same with any country

Hmmmm! I hear you. Why can't one enjoy one job in the UK? So some one that works as health care assistant can't enjoy his/ her job? Atleast they pay them £1500 a month. Why can't that person save

Here in Nigeria I know many that get paid 30,000 they are comfortable with it. The low income earners still save in Nigeria.

You guys said one time that one doesn't need degree to get a good job. Then how can one get a good job without degree and live comfortable in the UK??
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2020
When you have a sega family com game and its extremely difficult for you to get a PS4, you do everything possible to make your sega look like the best.

Like I said earlier, that guy is just having fun. He knows not what he sayeth!

missjekyll:
Sipping tea.

Interesting.

I m happy you changed your mind about travelling. Now that you are comfortable, please be sending your wife money for hair and makeup monthly.once she is back on her feet ,you guys can replan.

see how well you are doing here,but you wanted to leave it to go depend on a lady who is sheltering in place because of covid-19. E no gell na. Welldone
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 10:41am On Jun 16, 2020
Save yourself the stress, no need for more explanation. You are only arguing with yourself, besides your data go soon finish.

LuvlyIva:

Hmmmm! I hear you. Why can't one enjoy one job in the UK? So some one that works as health care assistant can't enjoy his/ her job? Atleast they pay them £1500 a month. Why can't that person save

Here in Nigeria I know many that get paid 30,000 they are comfortable with it. The low income earners still save in Nigeria.

You guys said one time that one doesn't need degree to get a good job. Then how can one get a good job without degree and live comfortable in the UK??

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 10:49am On Jun 16, 2020
RalphJean:

He said best country to LEAVE.
I will leave it there. It was an error, only need to be corrected. Thank you

Meanwhile, this your quick decision, and ability to save millions in a few months (Most of it during lockdown for that matter). Does it effectively mean your marriage has now become marriage -by-correspondence? Kindly note that one spent more while on lock down and beside I was going to the office as essential staff

While I lived in Katsina State a long time ago, I learned some hausa language.
I wish I could translate in English:

“Makaho ya rasa ido; wai ido da wari “

Makaho ya rasa ido, ya ce ido na wari.

Literal meaning: The blind man who lacks eyes says that eyes stink.

Explanation: Don’t condemn the usefulness of something simply because you don’t have it.

Anyone able to translate please?

Literal meaning: The blind man who lacks eyes says that eyes stink.

Explanation: Don’t condemn the usefulness of something simply because you don’t have it.

Lol!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 10:52am On Jun 16, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Yes!!!! I know! How many of you guys have saved it in six months??
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2020
beryour:
Save yourself the stress, no need for more explanation. You are only arguing with yourself, besides your data go soon finish.

angry

MTN every where you go. I have a free data and WiFi.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:
in Nigeria. no stress in ones job if you have a good job. With lot of benefits

I DUST MY HAND FOR YOUR MATTER
sad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2020
Olalekank:

I DUST MY HAND FOR YOUR MATTER
sad

grin grin na you Sabi oooo! Nigeria my best country. Nigeria jakajaka as the singer sang, I love you so much Nija. Nigeria my father land

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

grin grin na you Sabi oooo! Nigeria my best country. Nigeria jakajaka as the singer sang, I love you so much Nija. Nigeria my father land
Sha don't let madam come online and see these your comments
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 16, 2020
beryour:

This guy sounds so ridiculous
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:07am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

Are you indirectly asking to see our bank statements?.... tongue

This one wey you dey gum yansh with us so, the pesin wey you suppose follow gum body, don sabi you pass her 'sugar disease'......... wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:07am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

30,000 naira when you remove RENT, food , transport. Clothes , household things ...how can you possibly save. Are you sure of that statement
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 11:25am On Jun 16, 2020
Outcome of travel frustration...Blame him not!

Smartmed:

This guy sounds so ridiculous
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dafemnet: 11:45am On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

Though,this is a correct statement.I know a lot of Nigerians that don't have £2k sha(Amazonians,Carers,Guards etc).
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:54am On Jun 16, 2020
dafemnet:
Though,this is a correct statement.I know a lot of Nigerians that don't have £2k sha(Amazonians,Carers,Guards etc).

Very incorrect....... Likewise some people that earn over £50K, without savings........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2020
RalphJean:

He said best country to LEAVE.
I will leave it there.

Meanwhile, this your quick decision, and ability to save millions in a few months (Most of it during lockdown for that matter). Does it effectively mean your marriage has now become marriage -by-correspondence?

While I lived in Katsina State a long time ago, I learned some hausa language.
I wish I could translate in English:

“Makaho ya rasa ido; wai ido da wari “

Anyone able to translate please?

A person who has lost his sight can't complain about smelly eyes

A blind man cannot complain about bad eye sight.

A blind man who doesn't have vision, is complaining about smelly eyes

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
LagosismyHome:

30,000 naira when you remove RENT, food , transport. Clothes , household things ...how can you possibly save. Are you sure of that statement

Very sure. A friend she is teacher, earn 30k, pay house rent yearly for 35k( good face me ,I face you ) feed and cloth her self and have saving.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
Olalekank:

Sha don't let madam come online and see these your comments

Let her see it. UK people no get money. Always living on loan. Some of them are not organised at all. Just spending without thinking of the future. Atleast in Nigeria we are still rich.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by pitman10: 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
Good morning everyone, my brother studied biochemistry and graduated with a 2:1, and he has 3years working experience as a quality control officer in a pharmaceutical company (pharmatex) he would like to migrate to the UK through tier 2 visa....please can anyone help with the necessary steps he'd take?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mizfabulous18(f): 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2020
Hello good afternoon uhm I just finished my nysc last year m planning to apply for my masters in the UK for September or January I want those who have already gone there to please give me guidelines on how to go about it
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dafemnet: 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2020
LuvlyIva:

Let her see it. UK people no get money. Always living on loan. Some of them are not organised at all. Just spending without thinking of the future. Atleast in Nigeria we are still rich.
Broda,stay in Nigeria if you can save 2M naira annually.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kolladey(m): 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2020
Mizfabulous18:
Hello good afternoon uhm I just finished my nysc last year m planning to apply for my masters in the UK for September or January I want those who have already gone there to please give me guidelines on how to go about it
Check the thread below.
https://www.nairaland.com/5816163/uk-student-visa-tier-4/81

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.