Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1311695 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
marylandcakes:

No problem. Let’s save this topic for the future when many will come crying on the thread. I will leave here for now.

Wonlasewonimi............. You missed this morning's lecture............ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by segun688: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
assumpta1:
Hi. Anyone with any information on this? I made payment last week and I’m yet to get any information or confirmation.
The silence is baffling. Just took the payment, not even a 'you will receive a message in due course' etc. Na wa o
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
Same here o
segun688:

The silence is baffling. Just took the payment, not even a 'you will receive a message in due course' etc. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tolajay: 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2020
Great! Thanks

nomad26:
Yep, just do a wire transfer from your bank. I did this from my HSBC & Lloyds online banking accounts to GTB dom account several times. HSBC charged £4 flat rate while Lloyds was free because I had their international account. You need to provide your naija dom account details plus SWIFT/IBAN to your UK bank.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
they wont let u tho if u dont have 3years address in the uk tho.. i have tried it all and got same response on different platforms, etc

marylandcakes:

Moneysupermarket.com
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 12:44am On Jul 24, 2020
nomad26:
Yep, just do a wire transfer from your bank. I did this from my HSBC & Lloyds online banking accounts to GTB dom account several times. HSBC charged £4 flat rate while Lloyds was free because I had their international account. You need to provide your naija dom account details plus SWIFT/IBAN to your UK bank.
Is having a domiciliary account in Nigeria cheaper for money transfer from UK? How much does GTB charge for it and any minimal deposit?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 2:59am On Jul 24, 2020
LagosismyHome:

From what I see .. with a limited company the person who owes the money is not the director but the company . The only way you can come for the director is if there evidence that the money was misappropriated for personal use

That will be time consuming for HMRC's or the bank to do for each company during this covid. Personally I feel las Las nothing will happen but government will quietly wipe it. If government does too much gra gra, it still works against them that why did the scheme not have a better check in place . All these limited company will just be closed , declared bankruptcy case closed.

However time will tell
I know a person who just got £40k lol
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 3:01am On Jul 24, 2020
assumpta1:
Also about the credit card, where’s the best place for a JJC to start from? I’ve been scared to look that way.
Capital one or vanquis
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 3:03am On Jul 24, 2020
tolajay:
Dear UK people,

Would you please confirm if there's a structured way to deposit pounds directly from UK into a Nigerian pounds account?

THanks
why take that risk?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 3:06am On Jul 24, 2020
marylandcakes:
I think I will just stick to my agent who I’ve been using for years rate is 560.
mine 565 today 1k pounds £30 sending fee pere
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 3:14am On Jul 24, 2020
LagosismyHome:

thanks ...........I just saw a text come through from Halifax to confirm before it can go through . Their rate is not bad at all

what happening to the naira sad sad. Uncle Buhari wake up na
the highest pounds has reached is N600
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 3:27am On Jul 24, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You bid on what you see....... They are very trustworthy, but every auction is a gamble.......

The auction house would take pictures and state their initial assessment...

I would give you a personal example. I bought a used LHD drive jaguar from Japan at under £150.00 (vehicle was described as not driveable, not starting, key not turning)......

I took a gamble, bought the vehicle. It was shipped to Tilbury. On arrival, after paying all dues, I went to Tilbury with my toolkit and a brand new battery.........

Collected keys, as described vehicle not turning, I put new battery in and the beast woke up to life......

The jaguar served me in Nigeria for over 11 years, till I sold it........ cheesy
What SITE

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:30am On Jul 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 3:31am On Jul 24, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Tau in Japan......
See Dem, una nor dey sleep? grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:36am On Jul 24, 2020
erico2k2:

See Dem, una nor dey sleep? grin grin grin

You nko........ I dey work nah..... In the mess, it's a bit quiet.......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 3:37am On Jul 24, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 3:38am On Jul 24, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You nko........ I dey work nah..... In the mess, it's a bit quiet.......... grin
ahah OK I see,me I dey off this weekend so no work today till Monday, I can stay up all night sleeep all day grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:50am On Jul 24, 2020
erico2k2:

ahah OK I see,me I dey off this weekend so no work today till Monday, I can stay up all night sleeep all day grin grin

No wonder you dey cruise through cyberspace......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 10:35am On Jul 24, 2020
Lexusgs430:

No wonder you dey cruise through cyberspace......... cheesy

ahah grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 10:35am On Jul 24, 2020
Yemisih:
Good morning
Pls I need contact of trusted and reliable immigration officer for international passport in Nigeria.
Thank you
sis go immigration office, ask to speak to Oga at the top, thank me later!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ati lo. Ati de. Previously booked test got cancelled in March due to COVID-19. Got an email two days ago to rebook test and I did for today’s date. Used my car and passed with 4 minors. Done and dusted. Kama pade mo o‼️Phewwwww. @lexusgs430 I think I deserve one bottle of Hennessy to be bought with one of those two cc you just received grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2020
Mimzyy:
Ati lo. Ati de. Previously booked test got cancelled in March due to COVID-19. Got an email two days ago to rebook test and I did for today’s date. Used my car and passed with 4 minors. Done and dusted. Kama pade mo o‼️Phewwwww. @lexusgs430 I think I deserve one bottle of Hennessy to be bought with one of those two cc you just received grin grin

Congratulations..........

I shall not be encouraging drink driving (most especially, not from a driver that only legally just discovered a clutch).......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 1:36pm On Jul 24, 2020
Thank you sir smiley

Isobo wayo grin :
Lexusgs430:

I shall not be encouraging drink driving (most especially, not from a driver that only legally just discovered a clutch).......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kode12: 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2020
Mimzyy:

Congratulations. How many classes did you take?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 2:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
Braket:

If I may ask, what year was this? Did you apply for it online or in branch?
They keep referring back online and won't do it for me in branch.

Just seeing this, twas in 2018/19
I walked into the branch with a letter of intro from my employer, PP and BRP
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
Lexusgs430:

leave that one oga, you shall be in control of the vehicular movements afterwards cheesy
pop something!

congrats@mimzyy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
Thanks bros smiley

DisGuy:

leave that one oga, you shall be in control of the vehicular movements afterwards cheesy
pop something!

congrats@mim.zyy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
Thank you bros. I didn’t take any(paid) class. Hubby started teaching me since feb 2019 when I got here. Had naija intl license, used that until it was bout to expire then I applied for the uk learners license. Got that in Oct, did theory test afterwards, failed once, passed on second attempt. Then booked driving test and the rest is history.

kode12:

Congratulations. How many classes did you take?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
Mimzyy:

Congratulations on passing! Some of us need to see this more often to develop kidney and book. angry Was your test with auto or manual?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
erico2k2:

mine 565 today 1k pounds £30 sending fee pere

My agent is giving me 566

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.