Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1303492 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2020
Congrats babe! I just guessed it was you from your moniker and your pic proved it. grin How's our princess? #winks
Mimzyy:
Ati lo. Ati de. Previously booked test got cancelled in March due to COVID-19. Got an email two days ago to rebook test and I did for today’s date. Used my car and passed with 4 minors. Done and dusted. Kama pade mo o‼️Phewwwww. @lexusgs430 I think I deserve one bottle of Hennessy to be bought with one of those two cc you just received grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
Thank you cheesy. I used auto.

ecstacy29:

Congratulations on passing! Some of us need to see this more often to develop kidney and book. angry Was your test with auto or manual?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
Princess is fine o. Eating all my food. Thank you smiley. Please I’m trying to figure out who is behind the id. Help meeeeeeee I’m lost.

mimilyrics:
Congrats babe! I just guessed it was you from your moniker and your pic proved it. grin How's our princess? #winks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
I'll send you a message on WhatsApp now.
Mimzyy:
Princess is fine o. Eating all my food. Thank you smiley. Please I’m trying to figure out who is behind the id. Help meeeeeeee I’m lost.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by inphoenix: 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2020
Mimzyy:
Ati lo. Ati de. Previously booked test got cancelled in March due to COVID-19. Got an email two days ago to rebook test and I did for today’s date. Used my car and passed with 4 minors. Done and dusted. Kama pade mo o‼️Phewwwww. @lexusgs430 I think I deserve one bottle of Hennessy to be bought with one of those two cc you just received grin grin

Congrats!

Hello everyone, first post on this thread even though I've been following through from the very first page. Great job everyone is doing here!

I have a question on this driving topic please... of what use is a Driver's Abstract from FRSC in the UK for insurance and maybe licensing purposes? I'm aware that for Canada migrants, your Abstract is reckoned in determining your driving history and is useful to reduce insurance premium payable. I would like to know if this could apply in the UK as well? Tx
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2020
No, it is useless.
inphoenix:

Congrats!

Hello everyone, first post on this thread even though I've been following through from the very first page. Great job everyone is doing here!

I have a question on this driving topic please... of what use is a Driver's Abstract from FRSC in the UK for insurance and maybe licensing purposes? I'm aware that for Canada migrants, your Abstract is reckoned in determining your driving history and is useful to reduce insurance premium payable. I would like to know if this could apply in the UK as well? Tx

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2020
Hi, see my reply in bold below.

famzynet:

Is having a domiciliary account in Nigeria cheaper for money transfer from UK? It depends...do you have an aboki/agent that'll give you good rates? If not, then it's probably not the best for you. Some online transfer services seem to have very good rates these days. Read a couple of pages back on this thread for their names. How much does GTB charge for it and any minimal deposit? No charge for inflow, 0.5%+tax for outflow. There's no maintenance charge for dom accounts.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
Got ya sis kiss kiss kiss

mimilyrics:
I'll send you a message on WhatsApp now.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
Thank you.

I doubt if it’s applicable in uk but I’ll leave the question for the seniors in the house to respond.

inphoenix:

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tolajay: 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
How do you mean?

The case in view is, sending pounds to someone's Nigerian pounds dom account, as a means of payment or family settlement fee.

You think that's risky?

erico2k2:

why take that risk?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by inphoenix: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
Mimzyy:
Thank you.

I doubt if it’s applicable in uk but I’ll leave the question for the seniors in the house to respond.

Wouldn't mind others' inputs as well, but @nomad26 seems pretty sure it's pointless, no need to take the plunge if that's the case. It's a bit stressful to get to be honest, processed only in Abuja, and at 12k naira
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kode12: 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2020
Mimzyy:
Thank you bros. I didn’t take any(paid) class. Hubby started teaching me since feb 2019 when I got here. Had naija intl license, used that until it was bout to expire then I applied for the uk learners license. Got that in Oct, did theory test afterwards, failed once, passed on second attempt. Then booked driving test and the rest is history.

Impressive! Congrats once again.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
tolajay:
How do you mean?

The case in view is, sending pounds to someone's Nigerian pounds dom account, as a means of payment or family settlement fee.

You think that's risky?

cos there are loads of remittance company small and big everywhere
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EmmyKing86(m): 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
The most annoying thing with the Nigerian High Commission in London is that they do not respond to phone cals and emails. A week ago, I sent an email trying to verify passport renewal appointments, but the email bounced back to sender.

I mean, customer service is an integral part of any establishment and this is something we are still struglling with cry.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2020
nomad26:
Hi, see my reply in bold below.

Thanks .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2020
EmmyKing86:

The most annoying thing with the Nigerian High Commission in London is that they do not respond to phone cals and emails. A week ago, I sent an email trying to verify passport renewal appointments, but the email bounced back to sender.

I mean, customer service is an integral part of any establishment and this is something we are still struglling with cry.

The Nigerian embassy in london has always been like that, jagajaga and they will be the first to close and last to open .......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by apostlejuly(m): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please is there any cost effective means I can send something (Clothings) to someone in the UK from Edo state precisely? Other than the traditional DHL, UPS etc....which are often on the high side..
Any cargo company in Edo state?

Suggestions please please
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 1:21am On Jul 25, 2020
apostlejuly:
Hi everyone,

Please is there any cost effective means I can send something (Clothings) to someone in the UK from Edo state precisely? Other than the traditional DHL, UPS etc....which are often on the high side..
Any cargo company in Edo state?

Suggestions please please

I think Mamatukwas can help work that
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2020
tshoboy:

Thank you Sir.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:32am On Jul 25, 2020
tshoboy:

Happy to help you with this. Please send a message.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2020
In case you are not aware and interested, there's another flight evaluation scheduled for the 8th August. Cheers

Ace2013:
Noted, thanks for the response.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
Bourne007:
In case you are not aware and interested, there's another flight evaluation scheduled for the 8th August. Cheers

Out of curiosity. . Is this flight free? and if no please what the cost or range amount
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
Free kwanu grin

It was $700 / N322k the last 2 flight evacuations but it's increased to $850 / N402k

See more details on http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/

LagosismyHome:

Out of curiosity. . Is this flight free? and if no please what the cost or range amount
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2020
Bourne007:
Free kwanu grin

It was $700 / N322k the last 2 flight evacuations but it's increased to $850 / N402k

See more details on http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/

Too expensive. And one still has to pay for quarantine in Nigeria,right? I learnt quarantine fee is up to 290k.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
That was the first batch.

What they are doing now is evacuees must quarantine in Lagos or Abuja only for 14 days. So those not resident book hotels at their own cost and those fortunate to have relatives stay with them.

famzynet:

Too expensive. And one still has to pay for quarantine in Nigeria,right? I learnt quarantine fee is up to 290k.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2020
For those who have had enough......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2020
tolajay:
How do you mean?

You think that's risky?

The risk is, what IF the banks fils to remit you in physical £ and decides to pay you in naira equivalent @ CBN rate?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
LagosismyHome:

The Nigerian embassy in london has always been like that, jagajaga and they will be the first to close and last to open .......
you think? try the one in Italy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 11:37am On Jul 26, 2020
strive2learn:

Have you had any luck with this, please?
All I got upon payment was Interview Date: Not Available (Please contact Embassy/Mission) and they've not been picking their calls.
Also, please has anyone successfully gotten a new visa with a passport with less than 6 months to expire?

segun688:

Hi, Have you heard anything about booking appointment for ( Nigerian Passport)biometrics in London? I paid today and didnt get any information on when they will book the appointment

I haven't heard anything from the High Commission.
No calls, No sms, No emails. sad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
Treasury and UK banks have started discussing how to manage bad debts from BBLS
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-26/treasury-and-u-k-banks-make-plans-for-covid-bad-debt-ft-says

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
Hello,

Please confirm if you still need ££. I need naira.

Mamatukwas:
Good morning People.

If you need Naira for £’s let me know mbok. Gracias.

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.