Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,552 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1309312 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
Thank u so much, i saw last night on here. I am currently in the process of booking the flight. Just sourcing Naira o
Bourne007:
In case you are not aware and interested, there's another flight evaluation scheduled for the 8th August. Cheers

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
I just tried using ace money for the first time and below is my review.

They asked me for way too many PII

They didn't give me an option to pay with card or send the money to an account.

They were providing a browser within the app for me to login to my bank via trustly ( or something).

At this point I japka and return to azimos 488 per pound
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
umarwy:

They were providing a browser within the app for me to login to my bank via trustly ( or something).

So sorry you had a bad experience with them. I had Lovely time with Ace. they were happy with just my passport.
2 days ago I transferred with moneyfex at 553. My Friend was very happy.

I have noticed that Ace rates are lowest around payday. they then rise to attain the highest rates 2 weeks later. I have ported to moneyfex for now.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 9:14am On Jul 27, 2020
missjekyll:

So sorry you had a bad experience with them. I had Lovely time with Ace. they were happy with just my passport.
2 days ago I transferred with moneyfex at 553. My Friend was very happy.

I have noticed that Ace rates are lowest around payday. they then rise to attain the highest rates 2 weeks later. I have ported to moneyfex for now.

How did you get your pounds to ace??
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:48am On Jul 27, 2020
Ace2013:
Hello,

Please confirm if you still need ££. I need naira.

Hello. How much Naira do you need?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 27, 2020
Mamatukwas your response was late. I already used trans-fex as advised on here. Thanks for the response though. [quote author=Mamatukwas post=92153987][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2020
umarwy:

Maybe they have changed but that was not my experience, i was able to pay with my card but i couldn't pay directly from my bank account
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
[quote author=umarwy post=92152909][/quote]

huh? I m notquite sure I got the question right but I do all transfer by card. I imagine that would make it easy to dispute.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ace2013:
Mamatukwas your response was late. I already used trans-fex as advised on here. Thanks for the response though.

That’s okay. Gracias.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by strive2learn: 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
strive2learn:

Saddening. I tried calling and sending emails too. I just hope this soon to expire passport doesn't affect my visa chances.

Nobody will be penalized for visa during this covid 19 so says the home office
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Jayvallia: 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
erico2k2:

See Dem, una nor dey sleep? grin grin grin
Do you buy from here and ship to uk?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 7:51pm On Jul 27, 2020
Jayvallia:

Do you buy from here and ship to uk?
buy and ship what
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
erico2k2:

buy and ship what

Motor
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Motor
Nop not at al
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adaaam: 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
Goodevening Everyone!

1. Please can anyone navigate me further on how to transit myself to Liverpool from Lagos?
Flights with Qatar airways from Lagos stops at either London(Heathrow) or Manchester and I don't know how to navigate my way to Liverpool University(got admitted for fall) if I alight at those airports.

2. What's the city life like?

3. Can I secure an apartment from here before leaving? Possibly i bedroom/studio appy.

4. Obviously EE or Lyca SIM would be preferable from what I gathered here but which is more cost efficient?

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2020
Adaaam:
Goodevening Everyone!

1. Please can anyone navigate me further on how to transit myself to Liverpool from Lagos?
Flights with Qatar airways from Lagos stops at either London(Heathrow) or Manchester and I don't know how to navigate my way to Liverpool University(got admitted for fall) if I alight at those airports.

3. Can I secure an apartment from here before leaving? Possibly i bedroom/studio appy.

4. Obviously EE or Lyca SIM would be preferable from what I gathered here but which is more cost efficient?

Thank you all.

As an aspiring student, I would not say I am disappointed..........

Part of your studies, would involve loads of research.......

You have enough tools to arrive at the answers........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
Adaaam:
Goodevening Everyone!

Thank you all.

From the navigation, you can gravitate perpendicularly and transiently transit to Heathrow or Manchester on your way to Liverpool.

This is the thread you need:

https://www.nairaland.com/5816163/uk-student-visa-tier-4/170

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
Adaaam:
Goodevening Everyone!

Thank you all.

Manchester is closer to Liverpool, you can take a taxi £50 or a train ≈£10 or a bus ≈£5. All depends on your pocket and the amount of load you are carrying.

Liverpool is a great multicultural city. Roots bar(African food drink and club) a lot of African stores and a healthy amount of Nigerians.

Students of the universities usually stay in either University accommodation near the campus. Or in a shared flat In either Smithtown road or Kensington.

Don't rush to buy a sim at airport it's free.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:58pm On Jul 27, 2020
Lemme knw the day ur arriving I could pick you up if I’m free that day

Adaaam:
Goodevening Everyone!

Thank you all.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Jayvallia: 12:21am On Jul 28, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You didnt answer question. Just talking for talking sake like naija politician. Oga off your mic. Its okay

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:22am On Jul 28, 2020
Adaaam:
Goodevening Everyone!

Thank you all.

Manchester closed than london to liverpool so Manchester might be better for you

You can start with lycra or lebara pay as you go until you work out which works best

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 4:01am On Jul 28, 2020
In terms of paying university tuition fee in the UK,is someone on a tier 2 dependent visa regarded as international student or the person pays normal tuition fee?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:39am On Jul 28, 2020
Jayvallia:

You didnt answer question. Just talking for talking sake like naija politician. Oga off your mic. Its okay

It's my talk, and i would talk it..... Look at this mushin boy, talking to a VI boy...............

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:32am On Jul 28, 2020
famzynet:
In terms of paying university tuition fee in the UK,is someone on a tier 2 dependent visa regarded as international student or the person pays normal tuition fee?

Not all british citizens are allowed to pay home fees , you have to have lived here recently for 3 years not to talk of someone on tier 2....

TIer 2 dependant is very much an international student

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:51am On Jul 28, 2020
Good morning everyone
This thread was set up. I believe to help others by giving a little bit about your first hand experience while living in the UK. Most times it’s better to hear things from the horse’s mouth than google.

I will ask my question again “Is there anyone who lives or has lived in Birmingham. What are the pros and cons and which are the nicest areas to live?
Many thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:12am On Jul 28, 2020
marylandcakes:
Good morning everyone
This thread was set up. I believe to help others by giving a little bit about your first hand experience while living in the UK. Most times it’s better to hear things from the horse’s mouth than google.

I will ask my question again “Is there anyone who lives or has lived in Birmingham. What are the pros and cons and which are the nicest areas to live?
Many thanks.

Your question requires direct input....... I would pretend like your response, was not taking a jab at me............ grin

https://www.firstmortgage.co.uk/branches/birmingham/area-guide/best-areas-to-live-in-birmingham/
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adaaam: 10:18am On Jul 28, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Humble thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adaaam: 10:19am On Jul 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Manchester closed than london to liverpool so Manchester might be better for you

You can start with lycra or lebara pay as you go until you work out which works best

You are a sweet heart. Thanks love
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adaaam: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2020
omopapa:
Lemme knw the day ur arriving I could pick you up if I’m free that day

Awwww. That's so selfless of you sir. Many Thanks to you. But I'd come prepared sir learning from what happened to Oga UK migrant on his first arrival to the UK.

Once again thanks for your kindness.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adaaam: 10:23am On Jul 28, 2020
RalphJean:

From the navigation, you can gravitate perpendicularly and transiently transit to Heathrow or Manchester on your way to Liverpool.

This is the thread you need:

https://www.nairaland.com/5816163/uk-student-visa-tier-4/170

I've read all of that sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.